Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2009 9:56 AM

Nov 2007
I loved this episode! Ryuuji and Taiga's kiss was damn hot and cute at the same time. It's great that Taiga's family issues seem to be sorted out and Yasuko's problems too.

I was really happy when they showed a long Ami scene near the end <3 and Kitamura's going to America, probably to where Kanou is! Minori was as fail as ever. Actually, her level of fail was multiplied by 10 when she slapped Ryuuji, that little bitch.

Overall 10/10, but I think I'm going to knock it down to a 9 after a while.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Mar 26, 2009 10:39 AM

Nov 2007
Episode was decent, nothing more. Overall, the series was very inconsistent. It had some great episodes during the middle, too bad the potential was ultimately wasted. Giving it a weak 8 for now, will probably drop to a 7 over time.
Mar 26, 2009 10:40 AM

Dec 2008
Loved it from episode 1 right up to 25, easily gets a 10/10 from me.
Mar 26, 2009 10:41 AM

Apr 2008
meh

6/10
Mar 26, 2009 10:41 AM

Oct 2007
9/10. One of the best shows I've seen in awhile. I''m curious as to why Taiga changed schools but I think it might be her wanting to stand on her own feet and come back to Ryuuji as a better woman. The whole locker thing was a bit annoying and I wish she was just standing in the classroom. I also wonder if they had been dating in the year time skip. Anybody who's read the novels care to fill us in about any changes to the ending?

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Mar 26, 2009 10:43 AM

Feb 2009
Chamcham said:
Inko said his name! Amazing character development!
HAIL INKO.

Wow, what can I say about this episode. Ryuuji and Taiga facing up to their problems, the kiss(es), simultaneous texting, superman Kitamura... Most everything has been said, but Ami finally got her closure! Teh gods.

I like how one reviewer said that Toradora's strengths were so epic they threw its faults into sharp, even glaring contrast: exactly what I felt watching this series. For those who didn't like the ending, it's not called Slice-of-Life for nothing you know. As in life, there's no one perfect ending; there'll probably be no completely perfect anime, but Toradora would be the next best thing.
Mar 26, 2009 10:45 AM

Oct 2008
Was an interesting show, but i definitely woulda preferred Ami airtime as a whole(not just this episode)... i think she was the only reason i liked this show. Most of the other characters were annoying or acted just like you'd expect. What a shame.
Mar 26, 2009 10:46 AM

Jan 2008
I really liked this Anime ^.^ and it had a nice ending :D
and Inko-chan finally said his name hahah
Mar 26, 2009 10:57 AM

Aug 2007
Loved every second of this show. Sad to see it out of my rotation :(
Mar 26, 2009 10:59 AM

Oct 2008
This episode helped redeem the previous so that the series didn't leave a bad taste at the end for me. The kisses were cute. I liked the closure of Ami realizing that someone understands her; and that she's alright with it just being as friends. It's good to hear Takasu went to America after graduation to be with the president. Nice to see Ya Chan being herself again, and also learn the truth about her past. Minorin... I don't think her character had a good sense of closure unless I missed something. She lost the boy she liked and her best friend ditched her. I guess she has Ami as a friend though, they seemed chummy.

Still keeping it as an 8/10 after the drop from 9 last ep. Too much at the end brought it down from the excellence in the beginning.
Mar 26, 2009 11:21 AM

Feb 2009
It was good, don't get me wrong, but I personally didn't find it as epic as a lot of other people found it. To be honest, I'm glad to see it end. Near the end I couldn't shake this feeling of "Well I've watched this much, might as well finish it." This entire show was plagued with parts that went too fast and parts that went too slow.

8/10 for me because I did like it, but the ending and rushed atmosphere just killed what was very possibly a perfect score.
Mar 26, 2009 11:30 AM

Nov 2008
Kyora said:
Taiga was adorable but overall.

What the shit. Did they write an episode between 24 and 25 or something and then just cut it out? Between the end of 24 and 25, so much happened. Taiga and Ryuuji ran away and then came back? Yasuko ran to their grandparents after unexplicably running off?

Also, ending was a bit confusing. Taiga leaving wasn't really predictable but her coming back was.

Overall, IMO pretty crappy end to a series that started out great.

I agree with you. Too much happened in episodes 24-25. If Taiga would't came back and it would have ended before ending theme started i would have given Toradora 7 points.

Good series but end sucked. 8/10

ps. Kissing scene and Taiga in the locker were priceless tough.
Mar 26, 2009 11:31 AM
Jan 2009
I give it 7/10. It was ok to watch, but really predictable.
Mar 26, 2009 11:31 AM

Dec 2008
I never thought that this ending is going to be that awesome!

After ep24 this one set back a few things to "normal",
the best part was "one more..."

i hope that they will live in the family-of-three once tagai graduates, yasuko would be truly happy about this.
i hope they wont split up after being on different colleges...

well i would like to see the marriage, haha that small tagai in a wedding dress side-by-side with the tall ryuuji :D

9/10, the ending kept me from giving it a 8!
Mar 26, 2009 11:40 AM

Feb 2009
I loved it. After episode 24 i was a little bit dissapointed but now this ep - like <3
I really loved it. The kisses, the ending, inko were all very cute!

10/10

I would love to see a OVA
Mar 26, 2009 11:44 AM

Apr 2007
Pfft it was alright. Should've been better.

8/10

Mar 26, 2009 11:59 AM

Sep 2008
ToraDora was perfect, but it feels like they cut away ep 23.5&24.5 or something
But the kiss was total win ♥~
I wanted more RyuujixMinorin, But in end I was suprised that RyuujixTaiga was pretty damn cute too =3
10/10
Mar 26, 2009 12:03 PM

Oct 2007
solid 7/10, could've been better but the last few eps killed it for me
Mar 26, 2009 12:11 PM

Aug 2008
The ending was a little inconsequential. They pretty much pretended that most of episode 24 didn't happen (which makes me a little happy)...and then Taiga leaves. The moment with the cell phone was funny, but once again, Minori had to get my blood boiling by slapping Ryuuji for no reason. Fuck her.

Meh, anyways, I don't really know how to feel about the show. There were episodes that I flat out loved and episodes I flat out hated. I hated the beginning of the show and pretty much the end, but the middle was fantastic.

I have it at a 7/10 for right now, but it probably deserves an 8 from me.
Mar 26, 2009 12:22 PM

Nov 2008
ooff, it's over...

that was a epic episode, a epic ending and overall a epic series.
toradora! is and will always be a brilliant series, i don't understand the people who are saying some episode where bad, all the episode's had there own meaning and at the end it all came together. i loved this series for 26 weeks and i was Never disappointed when a new episode came.

this series is definitely the best i have ever seen. 11/10 xD
The animation was beautiful,
The story was perfect,
pfff i just loved it :)

it will be hard to find a series that can match this one (witch i think is quite impossible)
but lets start searching. :D (recommendations are always welcome xD)

Mar 26, 2009 12:35 PM
Feb 2009
Falatorx said:
Well, this is the second time toradora has surprised me in as many episodes. First he proposes to her right out of the blue when they haven't even kissed yet and then it ends up with her doing the very thing they had just talked about, running away. Yes, she was running away as she lied to Ryuuji and then secretly left under the cover of the night leaving him only a note.

It seems like poor planning led to too much content being cut at the end leaving a rushed feeling. The whole series was a slow build up to Ryuuji X Taiga and then in the last 2 episodes they're like "marry me! ok! lets run away! ok now we patched things up with your family so instead of introducing you to my family like you did, I'm going to disappear and leave you a note." Too rushed, too many unanswered questions and too many unsupported plot twists. I still liked the series but if they wanted to do something like this well, they needed to support it (come on, after all they've been through, taiga doesn't even think Ryuuji deserves to be told to his face that she is leaving?)

This is pretty much how I feel. Besides Taiga not telling Ryuuji that she's leaving, I think they generally did a poor job of showing them as a couple (especially a supposed married couple) in this episode. You couldn't really get the idea that they were in love that well. Frankly, it feels like most of the events from this episode should have been switched with the previous episode.

I really like the show but it became pretty predictable in the entire 2nd half or so. Despite that and this rather poor ending, it's a great show.

8/10
Mar 26, 2009 12:43 PM

Feb 2009
win ending. jc staff did the manga justice. best love comedy in the past 2 years. im too depressed to write anymore

T_T
Mar 26, 2009 12:45 PM

Jun 2008
Truthfully I was anticipating lowering the score down to 8 on the last episode...last episodes tend to do that to me. However, I am happy to say that I didn't.
Though I expected a RyuujixTaiga ending, I thought it would be cliche. Didn't see that coming.
Overall, a fun 25 weeks waiting for each new episode to come out.
I enjoyed watching every week, and though I raged some weeks, I would recommend this anime to anyone.

9/10

Mar 26, 2009 12:50 PM
May 2008
Felt rushed and I guess the anime had an okay ending.
Mar 26, 2009 1:22 PM

Nov 2008
No more Ya-chan. T.T

8/10 Really nice comedy.
Mar 26, 2009 1:30 PM

Jul 2007
noteDhero said:
once again, Minori had to get my blood boiling by slapping Ryuuji for no reason. Fuck her.
I wish Ryuuji or Ami could have given her a well-deserved Parthian shot.

The middle parts were fine but he start of the series had too many pathetic attempts at humor while the latter episodes went a bit overboard with the drama. Overall: meh
YuunagiMar 26, 2009 1:40 PM
Mar 26, 2009 1:30 PM
Dec 2007
This ending was at least two trillion times weaker than the 24th episode (the epitome of Toradora!, a masterpiece of an episode) but it was still fresh and nice overall, just like the series. One of the best comedy romance series I have seen lately with Seto no Hanayome and Haruhi (and Nodame but since it's a Josei, and without any rival in its genre, it doesn't count), funny and dramatic at the same time, well-developped, well-written, with a very good direction and great characters. Can we really ask for more?

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 26, 2009 1:49 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:

So, you enjoyed it after all... ;)

bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 26, 2009 1:50 PM

Dec 2007
Great series, Loved the everything, This will get a 10 like every other anime I've seen!

~daRUDE
Mar 26, 2009 1:52 PM

Nov 2008
Absolutely loved it. I can honestly say I enjoyed every single episode in this series. And this is the first time after completing a series that I'm really sad I don't have any more episodes to watch. They need to make an OVA for sure.

11/10.
Mar 26, 2009 1:54 PM

Apr 2008
Didn't care for the ending. Overall good though for me.
Mar 26, 2009 2:03 PM

Aug 2008
wakka9ca said:
noteDhero said:

So, you enjoyed it after all... ;)

Yeah. I never said I hated the show (except for in the beginning). I was just utterly disappointed by the exceedingly fast pace and lack of development on Ryuuji's part since the Christmas arc. Really, if they would have developed him at all as a character in this show, then most of the problems I had with the past 6 or so episodes (barring AmixMinori catfight) would have been instantly solved.

But when I look at it as a whole, Toradora had a great run of about 10 episodes in a row. It's just that I hate when shows don't know how to start or finish themselves, and Toradora couldn't do either well enough for me.
Mar 26, 2009 2:07 PM

Nov 2007
Lame ending. Can I erase the final two episodes from my memory?
Mar 26, 2009 2:13 PM

Aug 2008
Excellent end!!
I adored to see the Taiga and Ryuuji being kissed finally like a couple in love! Was that that was lacking!
Mar 26, 2009 2:33 PM
Dec 2008
omg this was such a greattttt ending!
the best ending ive seen in all of my animes so farr
i loved watching toradora!!!
its been such a great experience
and its so sad now that its over
this certainly is one of my favorites!!!
love toradora!!!
Mar 26, 2009 2:34 PM

Feb 2009
After episode 24, chances for them to completely fail the ending were high. But they did not. They did not, and they even brought us a distinguished ending : cute, funny, and touching, one that the show deserves. Brilliant, just brilliant.

The show overall was good despite some weaker episodes. It started off pretty light hearted, then moved on to some excessive drama that no one gave a damn about (Kitamura arc anyone ?), and finally balanced humor and drama with the last part. Good entertainment, I give it a solid 8/10 and that's coming from someone who doesn't like drama animes most of the time.
AlexstratzMar 26, 2009 2:40 PM
Mar 26, 2009 2:40 PM

Oct 2008
Kitamura arc was really stupid to me. The ending was predictable.

Mar 26, 2009 2:52 PM

Sep 2007
PandaPuff said:
Pfft it was alright. Should've Could've been better.

8/10
Mar 26, 2009 3:09 PM

May 2008
I really liked the series, it was great. Great storyline and character development.
Overall 9/10
Gawd, I'm going to miss that show. >.<
Mar 26, 2009 3:19 PM

Aug 2008
really love the ending!
luv this anime a lot!! <3
Mar 26, 2009 3:24 PM

Oct 2007
Perfect ending, for me anyways. Taiga is so amazingly moe O_o I really loved the black school uniform Taiga was wearing in the last scene! Also that look Takasu had when he gazed into Taiga's eyes right after the last kiss... This is the kind of stuff that I love this show for!

Lots of great moments, I'm pretty sure I'm going to miss this show. I wouldn't mind some spin-offs like someone else before me said...

Anyways, some screencaps just for the heck of it:

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Mar 26, 2009 3:25 PM

May 2007
noteDhero said:
The ending was a little inconsequential. They pretty much pretended that most of episode 24 didn't happen (which makes me a little happy)...and then Taiga leaves. The moment with the cell phone was funny, but once again, Minori had to get my blood boiling by slapping Ryuuji for no reason. Fuck her.

Meh, anyways, I don't really know how to feel about the show. There were episodes that I flat out loved and episodes I flat out hated. I hated the beginning of the show and pretty much the end, but the middle was fantastic.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Beginning and end was a bit suspect, the middle was great. 7/10 also...although for some reason I want to give it an 8.
Mar 26, 2009 3:28 PM

Nov 2007
This anime is freakin' awesome. I hope they translate the novel faster so I can finish.
I love Taiga in the Epilogue too xD. She's just too cute it can kill.
I bet that there is a lot of S T R E S S involved.
But if it means crying alone
come get me
ImeanbecauseIhavetime
Mar 26, 2009 3:41 PM

Jun 2008
I loved the series, but I didn't liked what they did in the ending, I was expecting them to really get married and the like, maybe we'll see it in an OVA..

Since I liked it a lot 10/10
Mar 26, 2009 3:59 PM

Jan 2008
I will miss Toradora, the past 25 or 26 weeks were so much fun. ;_;
Mar 26, 2009 4:06 PM

Dec 2007
i really enjoyed this show and i will miss it
i give it a 8/10
May 2008
Toradora had its up and downs but overall it was a decent show well deserving of a 8/10 IMO. I think I'll read the novel now for some more Toradora, lol.
Dead Account
Please Delete

Jan 2008
I can only say that I loved the serie from the begining to the end.
I'll be sad without it T_T (don't have a lot of other animes to wait for...)
My favorite characters are... All of them, except Ami, she pissed me off XD
(maybe there are others, but I don't know.)
Well, since it's one of my favorite animes and I really loved it, I give a 10/10
Mar 26, 2009 4:08 PM

Aug 2008
Wow...it's over.

One of the few animes I actually got to watch weekly, and I feel accomplished.

This episode was a big jump from the last episode, which seemed extra jumbled to me. Nice showing the romantic side of Taiga and Ryuuji. Nice seeing more behind Ya-chan, and getting a little last minute extra information on the family.

And the moe...ah, the moe. I was sad with her whole running away, thinking it was gonna end all "I'll always be with you", but it got me to smile by the end.

Best rom-com kiss of the year. Hands down. So innocent...yet got the fangirl blood boiling.

Needed more Ami, though.....And less violent Minori. There was no need for that punch.

Episode and series get a 10/10. In my mind, another anime masterpiece.
Mar 26, 2009 4:16 PM

May 2008
Crap ending..
Pages (23) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.