Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 30, 2014 7:36 PM

May 2014
I can't help but root for the second years and the MCs :( Teshima is a little too bitter, though. Also, the scene after the credits is always hilarious! Lol Imaizumi knowing the lyrics
Jun 16, 2014 7:32 AM

Apr 2013
cycling at night created a great atmosphere :). Hmm both the first and second years could win this thing...and though probably the first years will win, I'll feel bad after getting to know those 2 2nd years :/
Sep 19, 2014 12:37 PM

Jun 2011
Starting back again from where I last left off, the OST during the final climb was awesome, compare to OST for Aldnoah Zero, granted I have only seen one episode, but many praises the rather-ordinary OST in it's first episode. ~.~
rimedragona said:
Aoyagi and Teshima have worked really hard to get a spot on the team, and you'd like to think that that alone would earn it for them... but we don't all get what we want. It's not a bad message, it's reality. Sometimes hard work alone isn't enough, especially when the people with talent are also busting their balls.
But if you think about it, what is talent anyway? Imaizumi and Naruko both worked hard to reach this step, the second years also worked hard even with their weak body, and Onoda got used to hill climbing after his years of traveling to Akihabara. I don't know if you can really call that talent, it's all hard works, and God's gift (healthy body).

It would be so much believable if it's Imaizumi or Naruko who passed the second year, but it's Onoda, handicapped and just started. His growth is just ridiculous no matter how you see it. From what I heard, Ace of Diamond have a similar situation, a few pitchers on the main team, but the protagonist does not steal away all the spotlight from the other pitchers.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 5, 2014 6:39 PM

Apr 2012
I think the 2nd years deserve to win, they trained so hard to prove they could be winners without talent. Their bitterness is justified, I'd be bitter as hell two if I trained my ass off just be be beaten by a bunch of prodigies.

I seriously don't get why Onoda passing him matters though? They all know he's behind in laps.
on my way to steal yo girl
Apr 2, 2015 5:55 PM

Feb 2015
Eh, I don't actually care that much about the 2nd years so I skimmed over their backstory. I mean I get it but they're not the mains so obviously they'll lose out. It's how anime works. Besides, personality-wise, they don't really appeal to me either. Seaweed head is too bitter, can't say much for the quiet one.

It's a bit surprising that Onoda is the one that passed but then again, he's the climber isn't he?

Training camp needs to end soon, this is getting old.
Sep 19, 2015 7:55 AM
Dec 2009
I agree with a lot of the commenters here, the first years will get their chance to go next year. The second years have been training hard and it's not like they're all pros-- they're students. I think the second years should get the chance to go to the Inter-High. So many sports shows just focus on amazingly talented kids...
Sep 23, 2015 11:27 PM
Mar 22, 2016 2:56 AM

Jun 2013
Why do they keep calling him Perm-senpai? Seriously? LOL I'd punch them if they called me that.
臭い-
Mar 9, 2017 11:00 PM

Jan 2015
didn't like two last episodes, i believe its necessary to develop those 2 characters, but they seem so uninteresting, and you know they won't make it to inter high, cause MC power. Episode was slow paced too :(
Apr 26, 2017 3:37 PM

Mar 2015
This is silly, I care about the 2nd years more than the freshmen after this backstory episode. Onoda's passing Teshima shouldn't matter at all, he's so far behind with his laps the guy should've just ignored him. I feel like the writer simply forgot about logic here.
Jun 1, 2019 3:50 PM
Jul 2018
The training started out really well but it's ending on a pretty disappointing note. Although the second years' plight about being ordinary and how much harder they must work is relatable and inspiring, it's simply not written very interestingly. Don't like that they're written to be both pitiful and cheap obstacles to overcome.
Feb 28, 2021 3:54 PM

Nov 2016
These flashbacks always make me root for the characters, even if Teshima is going a bit too far considering the cicumstances. It's kinda ridiculous xD

Hype Onoda moment at the end. Finally some teamwork from the first years.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 25, 2021 6:16 AM

Jul 2015
Very inspiring to see the 'ordinary cyclists' Aoyagi and Teshima not giving up hope in the past and combined their efforts to reach greater heights.

Jan 1, 2023 8:02 PM
Dec 2022
I liked to know the story of Teshima and Aoyagi, I feel it was nice to know them better and their motivation. I don't think they're the 'bad guys' of the chapter, actually they just wanted to accomplish their dream, and I admire that I mean, who does not want to make their dreams true, this is a good example of friendship and teamwork.
It was great when Onoda finally passed the guy though...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2014

114 by inveercique »»
Apr 15, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2014

71 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 29, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2013

85 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

54 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

86 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 22, 1:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.