Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 26, 2016 9:02 AM

Jul 2015
I liked the first episode but this was kind of dumb, how do you survive so long with 2 limb cute off
Jun 20, 2016 10:09 AM

Feb 2016
To be honest, I do like this show, but I still don't get shit. Like, literally nothing. I even tried to read many reddit posts and other websites that don't include spoilers to help me understand all the factions and stuff, but this is just so complicated. Is it worth to continue watching or not?
Jul 25, 2016 11:52 PM

Apr 2012
How on earth did he not bleed out and didn't that guy shoot him 3 times too? But there's no sign of that later.

Not confident I'll be able to recognise any of the other characters again besides that hood who knocked him over with a fruit.
Aug 3, 2016 2:08 AM

Sep 2014
naikou said:
- There's obviously a caste system in place, with the main character being called a "dog", not being allowed to get his limbs replaced, and forced to participate in what I assume are gladiatorial activities

The call between the head of that one gang and the female doctor/scientist might have been about the MC. He probably told her so she could experiment with texhnolysation on the MC in future episodes, no? We'll see, I'm hooked.

Bibimbapski said:
berserker15 said:
This episode was very depressing. I felt really bad for the MC when he had to crawl around carrying his body parts. I wasn't completely sure what he did with them in that water thing. Maybe he's depositing them in their and he will get them later when he needs them or something. I find it great that I barely know anything about the MC and he doesn't have much dialogue yet I already fell very bad for him and I cared for him more than I can say for most generic MCs. It was also sad when he envisioned himself walking up the stairs with legs and how his former self that he is envisioning wouldn't have given a shit about him and thought he was worthless and the cold look in his eye further proved that. This was a great and interesting episode.

That stair scene of him seeing his former self with all limbs intact and not giving two shits about someone who was in the same situation really depressed me.

I was more curious how he was able to tourniquet his severed extremities and how he was able to get a bill of money in his mouth. Seeing him obviously hungry and being unable to eat was really depressing too

Yes, that was depressing. The bill of money...well he still has one arm left so...

Blackouting said:
How on earth did he not bleed out and didn't that guy shoot him 3 times too? But there's no sign of that later.

The guy didn't shoot him. At first I thought that, too. But I assume he wanted to show the "dog" his place.
Aug 3, 2016 11:15 AM

Apr 2012
Miragee said:
Blackouting said:

The guy didn't shoot him. At first I thought that, too. But I assume he wanted to show the "dog" his place.

Yeah I wasn't sure I'd seen it right the first time and even rewatched it. He reacted like he'd been shot, I guess he just stopped fighting and collapsed so he wouldn't get shot. Could've been a bit clearer.
Aug 29, 2016 12:17 PM

May 2010
Ok while the setting isn't my type, the atmosphere sure is set-up nicely. Also it's a good show for practicing your japanese and picking up some more sentences and words, mostly because it flow smoothly.

Tbh I call the ED song the T-shirt song but I see the title disagrees. It's still t-shirt song to me tho. I like it.
Oct 6, 2016 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
The story of a man who dreams of walking up the stairs. I'm glad I still have my legs.
removed-userOct 6, 2016 6:39 PM
Jun 25, 2017 5:58 AM

Nov 2016
That's for sure a harsh world they're living in. Now I can see why many people were calling this show depressing, but I have to say, so far I'm not really feeling it. It's interesting and makes you want to keep watching, can't feel pity for the MC, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 23, 2017 6:21 PM

Jun 2016
Main dude seems to be a mute "game dog", probably raised or sold off by the Organo to fight, and once he ran they felt the need to punish him.

Organo seem to be working with the Sage who's I suppose in control of Gabe, the village "where people tried to live on their own for the first time". Ran has some connection to both, Sage mentioned Ran was going back to the city so I'm assuming she was sent to help him with something.

Also the Salvation Union tried to assassinate the Sage and as far as we can tell they're a religious group who aren't in good terms with the Organo. So I assume taking down Sage would be a blow for the Organo and that's why they did that.

As it's been said in this thread the Organo seem to be some yakuza type oppressive government who may not actually control Gabe as it seems the Sage does but rather control the city.

Yoshii is still a complete mystery and the world apart from the hole he went down is as well. It took him "four more days" than he expected climbing down the stairs.

I may be wrong but it seems the Organo set up a power play by sending the "baby gangs" on the Salvation Union rather than taking direct revenge as a war wouldn't be favorable for them in the moment.

And we can also assume that the person that called the texhnolyze doctor told her to pick up the mutilated game dog and give him texhnolyzed limbs. There was some talk by one of the dudes on the street who kicked him down, "He just lost them. I don't know how the hell it happened, but you should have come to me before you ended up like that." May of misunderstood but that seems to me like he was the dude who called the doctor. Game dog man may of seen this dude and tried to run rather than eating the food he just got because this was one of the dudes who set him up to fight the way he did before going on the run? I'm grasping at straws but yeah.

The stairway imagery seemed to be him thinking of the acts that led up to his lost limbs and spitefully and hopelessly giving up to fall on his knees and strike the wall. The way he turned to himself so coldly made me think he was not forgiving himself for not getting away.

That ED is fantastic. <3

gfsdfgsdgsdfgsJul 23, 2017 6:24 PM
Nov 2, 2017 2:02 PM

May 2016
Can't see, to get this why he doesn't even talk at least inside his mind.
Jan 13, 2018 2:42 PM

Mar 2012
When you're starving, bleeding and have 2 limbs cut off don't be a prideful ass and accept the food you've been given. The guy lost a ton of blood but decides to leave the bowl of food (assuming because he didn't want to be pitied by the woman) and risk dying instead of thinking of recovering to work on getting his payback.
Apr 2, 2018 4:29 AM

Jul 2017
Don't know wtf is going on but I'm loving the atmosphere
Apr 11, 2018 9:06 AM

Mar 2018
So the backdrop of the events that occurred in Episode 1 were explained pretty well. The different sides and the way they're characterised. Ran's powers were explained as well as what 'Technolyze' is. The plot moved well this episode.

But the impressiveness of the episode was due to the atmosphere that was created. The apathy shown by the onlookers in regards to Ichise's predicament. Ichises demeanour and grit shown through his anger and his perseverance to survive. Already i'm rooting for an MC i know next to nothing about. One that's hardly uttered a word. And there's themes of class-ism already being displayed most notably through Ichise being called cattle by the Organ guy. The world has already been set and we've already been introduced to some of the key players and the positions they hold in this society. I don't know what more you can ask for.

Also, and probably the sole reason i even bothered to write this little episodic review was that beautiful score that was played during the scene where Ichise was envisioning himself walking on the stairs. This alongside the other scenes including Ran on the train and the fight between the Organo group and the salvation unit was phenomenal. The feeling was both haunting and serene at the same time and we were witness to three different narratives being played out in one elongated scene full of transitions back and forth.

So much happened this episode and there's people complaining that the show is "too slow", lol. The subtle pacing is brilliant for an Anime of this nature. The griminess is emphasised by the slow pace. Can you imagine how much of a negative impact a faster pace would have on the mood that was set in this episode?

Recommend me some short Manga!

Apr 11, 2018 9:13 AM

Mar 2018
MaxVdub said:
Ale1212 said:
That guy must have infinite blood or something, even with tourniquets he couldn't have survived that long with 2 limbs chopped off.

i wondered this and thought maybe that yellow container full of liquid was some kind of miracle drug to prolong life

Considering we only saw it after we see him living is probably indicative that you're right.

Recommend me some short Manga!

Apr 7, 2019 11:50 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I don’t like this one bit, too depressing and way too much heavy breathing for me.

Dropped.
May 26, 2019 12:42 PM

Jul 2016
I am liking this so far tbh, never expected to like it
Mar 11, 2020 5:43 AM
Aug 2016
I am sorry but I hope that woman dies in a horrible death, more torture than male lead.
Jan 18, 2021 3:26 PM
Mar 2018
WAQR said:
So the backdrop of the events that occurred in Episode 1 were explained pretty well. The different sides and the way they're characterised. Ran's powers were explained as well as what 'Technolyze' is. The plot moved well this episode.

But the impressiveness of the episode was due to the atmosphere that was created. The apathy shown by the onlookers in regards to Ichise's predicament. Ichises demeanour and grit shown through his anger and his perseverance to survive. Already i'm rooting for an MC i know next to nothing about. One that's hardly uttered a word. And there's themes of class-ism already being displayed most notably through Ichise being called cattle by the Organ guy. The world has already been set and we've already been introduced to some of the key players and the positions they hold in this society. I don't know what more you can ask for.

Also, and probably the sole reason i even bothered to write this little episodic review was that beautiful score that was played during the scene where Ichise was envisioning himself walking on the stairs. This alongside the other scenes including Ran on the train and the fight between the Organo group and the salvation unit was phenomenal. The feeling was both haunting and serene at the same time and we were witness to three different narratives being played out in one elongated scene full of transitions back and forth.

So much happened this episode and there's people complaining that the show is "too slow", lol. The subtle pacing is brilliant for an Anime of this nature. The griminess is emphasised by the slow pace. Can you imagine how much of a negative impact a faster pace would have on the mood that was set in this episode?

brilliantly put. i fully agree.
already this series is starting to look better than ergo proxy.
Apr 5, 2021 3:24 PM
Aug 2020
still so many unanswered questions. I'm surprised how that guy just kept going for so long after losing that much blood :0
Apr 17, 2021 11:15 AM

Mar 2010
I want to see more of that blonde chick towards the end.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 26, 2021 10:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ran's ability to see the future is going to be extremely interesting.
But well... MC's condition is painful to watch.
Jul 14, 2021 3:56 PM

Jan 2019
English: Okay, Ichise is presented at his most human misery. Organo is an interesting organization and Kazuho and Ran's relationship could be promising.

This power that Ran has is at once good, as it can highlight melancholy dramas during the show.

And the definition of "Texhnolyze" was realized. Bionic prototypes... Medicine plays an important role in this dystopian universe.

It was a very good episode... I hope for more...

-------------------------

Portuguese: Okay, Ichise é apresentado na sua maior miséria humana. Organo é uma organização interessante e a relação de Kazuho e Ran pode ser promissora.

Esse poder que a Ran tem ao mesmo tempo é bom, como pode evidenciar dramas melancólicos durante o show.

E a definição de "Texhnolyze" foi concretizada. Protótipos biônicos... A medicina tem papel importante nesse universo distópico.

Foi um episódio muito bom... Espero por mais...
Dec 28, 2021 8:02 PM

Feb 2021
Huh, well we're not really learning anything but I'm picking up on a lot of things just visually since that seems to be this anime's way of presenting a lot of its information, which I like. Basically there's the mc, who's like a nobody who just shouts his raw emotion and gets thrown around and becomes an amputee and then there's these other dudes with robot limbs who are more civilized and that basically distinguishes the social classes in this place. I'm guessing we'll see each character face different situations based on their defining conditions?

CrackMay 16, 2022 12:12 AM
Oct 27, 2022 12:03 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This is so slow. Our main character hasn't spoken a word yet apart from screaming or grunting. And yet these are still some of the most riveting first two episodes of any anime I've ever seen

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 2, 2022 2:35 AM
Nov 2020
How is he alive 😭😭😭
Dec 24, 2022 7:58 AM

Sep 2020
Better than the first episode but still boring asf.
Mar 6, 2023 2:55 PM

Dec 2022
Main guy looks like he's already dead, and now the doctor lady discovers him, all smug and proud of herself? No doubt he'll need more treatment than just synthetic limbs at this point.

I appreciated this episode more than the last one, because even though it just dumps exposition on you, that's better than nothing. The aim of the first episiode was obviously to be quite esoteric and profound, but I do appreciate the addition of dialogue and words.

Shaded Horizon

Jul 21, 2023 10:58 AM

Nov 2017
So many flashy cours of today, not enough time for old masterpieces like this anime questioning what it means to be human. Such a beautiful anime, the pace is amazing. Slow and agonizing beauty the way it should be.

I question whether they can sustain this for 22 eps and not drop the heavenly conceit they were destined for. We shall see, brilliant opening (to the narrative structure of the show) so far, and the ed song is so powerful.
Jul 21, 2023 6:45 PM

Sep 2012
Like others said, barely understanding anything so far lol. However that whats making it intriguing.

I do wonder tho why he didnt eat the soup
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Sep 23, 2023 6:32 AM
Jan 2018
How did this guy manage to find wire and tie his limbs to his body? Where did he find his oddly specific walking stick? Why would that gang leave mans with ANY money? As far as blood loss, this is anime. Blood loss only matters if the plot agrees. I still don't care about anyone. And I don't care about the world either. I hope there is a solid point to all this squalidity.
Dec 25, 2023 11:06 PM

Jun 2021
2 chapters and i'm in deep interest with this shit probably i'll see like 2 chapters more, this is going to be crazy guys
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - May 6, 2009

174 by chow141 »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ston3_FreeN7 - Nov 14, 2009

66 by Sanak_ »»
Apr 4, 4:08 AM

» If you connected with any of these characters, why?

sheaswee - Feb 7

14 by KitsuFrost »»
Mar 31, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

loghneckbeard - Apr 28, 2010

53 by I_is_lost »»
Jan 11, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zepwich - Dec 9, 2009

63 by I_is_lost »»
Jan 11, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.