Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 27, 2014 3:20 PM

Mar 2012
This is an astounding plot twist. Even though I've watched my share of anime, I probably would've been very surprised as well if I wasn't spoiled by the initial character listings on MAL (thanks MAL!). And I know this "oh someone has a secret identity" bit is very overused in anime, but the way this series brought the audience into the whole romance and then threw in this shocker was just very nicely done.

Edit: And it's great that this show is showcasing a decent amount of moral ambiguity. The revolution was obviously justified, given how the people suffered. But in the background it was likely manipulated by the nobility (who now get to retain their privileges), not to mention that Karl became a victim in the process. It's not a surprise that he wants revenge. Then again, who's "right" or "wrong" here is genuinely hard to say. I would just get very mad if in the end either him or Claire dies.
zannettJan 27, 2014 3:51 PM
Jan 27, 2014 3:27 PM
Aug 2012
My opinion Change when i saw the Preview at the end..

I think She just being force lol,

although i don't want either to be happy ending i think she is just innocent little girl who has a power of wind that have a bad experience when she was a kid and being force to become princess and be a tool for a Rebellion.
MrJupathoJan 27, 2014 3:36 PM
Jan 27, 2014 3:37 PM
Jul 2018
Good episode.

The flashback of how Kal met Ariel wasn't too bad.

So, Claire is Nina..it was so surprising. If Kal find out that Claire is Nina, he will definitely end his relationship with her
Jan 27, 2014 3:47 PM

Apr 2013
This episode got me to watch some of the previous episodes and added more perspective for me ._.

This was an amazing episode :D

Love that twist at the end :p

Jan 27, 2014 3:52 PM

Aug 2013
Tohka_Yatogami said:
Good episode.

The flashback of how Kal met Ariel wasn't too bad.

So, Claire is Nina..it was so surprising. If Kal find out that Claire is Nina, he will definitely end his relationship with her

Yeah, damn; that part was a shocker to me. But I don't think Kal-el would hate Claire. He would find ways to forgive her because of the person he knows her to be, but hate her at first for what she did in the past.
Jan 27, 2014 3:54 PM

Oct 2013
i hope he stays on his revenge thing ....would be real disappointed if he goes with the whole forgive and forget routine
Jan 27, 2014 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
Claire being Nina wasn't exactly surprising considering all the hints they've been dropping. I'm curious if its a split personality or just a facade. I'm looking forward to how Karl and Claire will develop. It's pretty obvious that Karl will give up on revenge (but not necessarily forgive nor forget) and Claire will have to start thinking for herself.

So far the flashbacks have all been pretty great in fleshing out the characters and keeping me interested.
Jan 27, 2014 4:18 PM

Jun 2013
Mother's know best. when kal's mom told him to give up revenge she knew that revenge doesn't always work out in the best possibility. Kal you just slept with your parent's murderer(naked too). I wonder what antisocial boy has to do with any of this from the flash back he seems to hate kal and his parents and he knows kal's identity, but he hasn't done anything. In fact he wanted to save him? Change of heart from being a little kid?
Jan 27, 2014 4:24 PM

Jan 2011
fuckkkk this episode! i didn't want it to be true but they done gone and did it!

flashbacks have been good but if this ends the way i think it might i'm gonna be sad.
Jan 27, 2014 4:37 PM
Jul 2018
NO, NOO, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #that ending
Jan 27, 2014 4:39 PM

Mar 2012
I wasn't waiting for this!
Claire is Nina Viento... FUCK! What kind of romance will we have here?
Jan 27, 2014 4:41 PM

Nov 2013
What a twist at the end! I certainly wasn't expect that.

Really looking forward to more ^^

Jan 27, 2014 4:59 PM

Jul 2013
I'm still shipping Carl/Kal-el and Claire/Nina Viento. I hope they end up together.

I think that Claire might have been forced to do the whole Wind Revolution thing. She was just a child at the time afterall.

Another possibility that remains are that Carl's parents really did do bad things to the kingdom and that got people to hate them, and Carl was too young and innocent to have noticed.

Or perhaps his parents weren't all that bad and they were set up by that person that led the revolution. Who knows.

This has been really good so far, can't wait for next week.
Jan 27, 2014 4:59 PM

Apr 2009
NINA VIENTOOOOOOOOO

I don't see a happy ending coming. If you look at the ED there is a lot of obvious hints that things won't end nicely.
Jan 27, 2014 5:09 PM

Dec 2009
What a twist!
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 27, 2014 5:22 PM

May 2010
OH SHIT PLOT TWIST!
Jan 27, 2014 5:30 PM
Oct 2010
The way she said she grew up away from her mom and brother made me think for a second that they're gonna pull something crazy and have Claire and Kal be actual brother and sister. Because there's nothing like having a pairing that looks like incest but isn't, and then the pairing that's seemingly not incest actually is.

Tsundere adoptive sister is tsundere.
Jan 27, 2014 6:03 PM

Jan 2011
WAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT.... this anime has turn out to the worse. it had potential, a lot. and BOOM OBVIOUS CLICHE! I mean, i thought "surely claire is nina viento, but that would be pretty obvious and stupid so i think they wont do it" and then BANG... stupid turnabout of events, this type of story has happened in countless stories! Love or revenge... SUCK IT
Jan 27, 2014 6:04 PM
Jul 2013
I was floored with the end, Claire is Nina Wind.

Looks like they had sex: http://i41.tinypic.com/dzimhh.jpg
Jan 27, 2014 6:59 PM

Dec 2012
And at that very moment, the shippers knew...their ship was fucked.
Jan 27, 2014 7:20 PM
Jul 2013
Was a bit surprised when Ignacio suddenly went to the plane until the thought of Nina being Claire passed my mind. Would've been more than surprised about the ending if their weren't spoilers written all over the place especially the seiyuu. So what's gonna happen between Nina and Karl now. Based on the last episode and the summary of the story written everywhere, it seems Nina Viento was manipulated by someone who wants to overthrow the kingdom and is just a figurehead
Jan 27, 2014 7:22 PM
Jul 2013
Still shipping for Kal-el x Claire
Jan 27, 2014 7:28 PM

Jul 2008
L-Ryoshi said:
babymilo91 said:
Woah that ending. I did not see that coming, Claire being Nina Viento. I wonder what Kal-El is gonna do if he finds out who she really is.

What really? I thought it was pretty much obvious once the Seiyuu list had come out.

Most people do not care enough to check out the Seiyuu list.
It sure is a surprise and had so very little foreshadowing that it was almost impossible to deduce without taking a wild guess.
Jan 27, 2014 7:45 PM

Jul 2012
It's good that the secret's out early. Now things should be interesting.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 27, 2014 8:06 PM

Apr 2012
Claire is Nina Viento, what a surprise for me. Good thing I don't check the seiyuu list :D
Jan 27, 2014 8:19 PM

Jul 2013
okay what an interesting and fun episode yet again.. my jaw dropped when she suddenly transformed into Nina Viento... that's why I can't find Nina Viento's character page here in mal (when I was wondering who her VA was)... its because she is Claire!!

I really like this anime
Jan 27, 2014 8:28 PM
Jun 2013
just how old claire/nina viento is?
Jan 27, 2014 8:29 PM

Oct 2011
I wonder what will happen now??? Plus I need to know the relation with Ignacio and Kal-El. Why he hates him so much???

I was wondering? Nina Viento was older than Kal-El during the flashback. Yet she seemed to be about the same age now???
Jan 27, 2014 8:31 PM
Feb 2013
Whoa.. whoa... the shocking truth's revealed. I never imagine that Claire is actually Nina Viento. This is makes me more curious about what will Kal-el do when he know this fact.
Glad, I was right to put this anime on my winter list. Can't wait to to see the new episode.
Jan 27, 2014 8:34 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, this was such a good episode, I'm definitely way too invested at this point. I mean I saw the whole Claire = Nina thing when I looked at the seiyuu list and Wikipedia but hints have been there too, although at this point I'm leaning toward Nina being an alternate/dual personality of Claire since all the shots we've seen of her have been emotionless and straight-faced quite unlike Claire who's always very full of emotion and not to mention in the last line of the episode her voice completely changed to a deeper, serious tone. This different personality might be the reason Claire hasn't fully recognized Kal-el as Karl yet despite (in the last episode flashback) him being forced to bow to her and then looking up at her with crazy eyes and saying her name like he was going to kill her, which she then responds to with a little gasp and some momentary fear (the only time we've seen Nina display emotion) which I would think she would have remembered.

Also, I'm willing to bet on a lot more romantic development between them before either of them find out each other's true identity. I mean this is supposed to be a romance and the ED certainly sets the mood for them being fairly deep in love and it feels like it still has a ways to go to subdue the raging lust for revenge.

I found it odd how Nina Viento, that nation's goddess-like figure, was stranded at sea and missing for an entire night without guarantee of safe return and no one seemed to care very much. I get that pretty much no one knows that Claire is Nina Viento but I would think that the very top officials who knew should have been sending people out to look for their idol/savior/goddess/ultimate weapon despite the storm. What if she would've died, do they just say "Oh well" and find a new magical girl???

Other than that, I thought this episode had some pretty decent character and relationship development/backstory, especially with Kal-el and Ariel and good romance building blocks for him and Claire. I hope next week they finally tell us what Ignacio's deal is. Seriously, four episodes of a 12-episode series is too long to keep a frequently-present main character completely shrouded in secrets and devoid of much-needed development.

Ahh, this show just gets to me right here *puts hand over heart*, I apologize for the long post.
ItatexawaiiJan 27, 2014 9:06 PM
Jan 27, 2014 8:42 PM

Jul 2013
I was surprised to see Ignacio do something so rash to try and save Kal. A lot of people called it, Claire is Nina Viento. Not going to say it was surprising but it was good to get confirmation. 4/5.

MinagatachiJan 27, 2014 8:49 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2014 8:49 PM

May 2010
Whoa that's a twist but I kinda expect that otherwise it will be less interesting
Jan 27, 2014 8:49 PM

Apr 2013
What.

I mean, I guess I had a feeling there was something off about Claire, but what.
Jan 27, 2014 9:00 PM

Aug 2013
You know the reveal would have been more shocking and dramatic had this series's character/VA list not been spoiled by MAL XD! Back then, Yuki Aoi was listed as Nina Viento and there was no entry whatsoever for Claire Cruz. I see now they've changed it XD!

Still this was a really solid episode. We now know more about his relationship with Ari and finally solved the mystery of who's older lol. It also showed an entirely different Ignacio. I wonder what's going on in his head?

All heartbreak and tragedy flags have been raised. I can hear the feelz train from a distance...
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 27, 2014 9:54 PM

Apr 2012
AnimeFan500 said:
I wonder what will happen now??? Plus I need to know the relation with Ignacio and Kal-El. Why he hates him so much???

I was wondering? Nina Viento was older than Kal-El during the flashback. Yet she seemed to be about the same age now???

Nah if you looked at the flashback closely they are actually about the same height. Kal-El was just forced to kneel down before her. Maybe that's why she seemed taller?

Jan 27, 2014 11:00 PM

Jun 2013
Aw man, this raises so many questions! I love it. Everyone's got some good thoughts on this. Is Claire the same Nina Viento from the Wind Revolution? Was she coerced into it? Was it really her who ordered for Karl's parents' deaths? Which is her true personality? I think the bigger questions though are about the the Wind Revolution itself. What warranted it? What's the true history in this story?

As for Claire and Karl, the typical direction would be to have Karl forgive her and they continue on happily ever after, but you never know. I hope this series is brave enough to try something different. I have a feeling it will be, too.
-Trippwire-Jan 27, 2014 11:06 PM
Jan 27, 2014 11:00 PM

Aug 2012
Well the only thing surprising was how abruptly the reveal was made, not too much buildup lol.

Not sure how I feel about this. All signs point toward forgiveness if you ask me, it just seems the more fitting end for the tone carried out with the overzealous portrayal of their romantic development. But who knows.
Jan 27, 2014 11:39 PM

Feb 2012
Kal-el is gonna fuck the person he hates and loves the most. win-win imo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2014 11:47 PM

Jul 2013
Oh man that is a nice episode, a plot twist at the end with the reveal of Claire involve in the Wind Revolution with her real name revealed. Now how will Kal react if he founds out that Claire is fake? Possibly killing her, or letting her live as regret.

Jan 28, 2014 12:02 AM

Jul 2013
lol I always knew this was going to be a very tragic story since the 1st episode.. it's uncommon that romance is established so early. Indeed this is going to be a tale of revenge and forgiveness. To think there were so many haters on the early episodes dismissing this series as uninteresting while it's obviously much deeper than every anime that's airing this season.

I guess if it doesn't have (shitty) mecha people won't like it =p
Jan 28, 2014 12:19 AM

Mar 2013
poor little Kal-el ;(
F*CK!! >.< Claire is Nina Viento, how old she is?
Jan 28, 2014 1:06 AM

Nov 2013
ahh my head -_-
so claire is nina huh...
I want to see karl face when he knows Claire is Nina..
Jan 28, 2014 1:20 AM

Nov 2013
Wait..
is Ignacio know claire is nina?
and that's why he want to search them ..
hmm
Jan 28, 2014 1:51 AM

Jul 2008
This is probably the most enjoyable series this season so far. imo. I can't wait to see how the relationship between Kal and Claire develops. Pleaseeee, let there be an epic tragedy.
blasphyJan 28, 2014 2:04 AM
Jan 28, 2014 2:10 AM

Jul 2011
the story become clearer to me, which is about a man fall in love who the one kills his parents. in the end, he the moment he wants to kill nina, she appeared that she is the on who he love so much which is claire. the story about love, revenge and regrets.
Jan 28, 2014 2:27 AM

Jun 2009
Not enough Ignacio. Poor guy doesn't get more than minute screen time in each episode.
Jan 28, 2014 3:21 AM
Nov 2013
AeroGFL said:
Wait..
is Ignacio know claire is nina?
and that's why he want to search them ..
hmm

Suzune-chanJan 28, 2014 3:33 PM
Jan 28, 2014 4:20 AM

Apr 2012
the story seems to develop slowly till the end of each ep
Jan 28, 2014 5:00 AM

Aug 2013
Claire being Nina Viento...................Mind blown
Love this series more ..... my rating changed to 8/10

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jan 28, 2014 6:27 AM

Feb 2012
Oh my fucking god. What a twisted ending.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

191 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2014

111 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2014

81 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 7:55 PM

» Is it one big love triangle?

Gamewolf - Mar 23, 2014

12 by ZGUEGCHOV »»
Feb 25, 2022 1:23 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2014

133 by Swizze »»
Jun 14, 2019 7:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.