3.0%
A dream (This is all in Tsubaki's head)
15.2%
Other (please specify in your reply)
33.3%
33 votes
Jan 26, 2014 11:05 PM

Oct 2012
Now im sure if you are familiar with the series, then you've just saved me a summary of the series. Let me just to the point: Who or what is Urabe Mikoto? Now i've been thinking about this for a while and im sure the manga/anime may or may not reveal who this character is but what the heck. Personally I think Tsubaki is dreaming this crap up and this more wishful thinking than actuality.

-Havo
HavoctheendJan 27, 2014 9:21 AM

Jan 27, 2014 12:16 AM
Dec 2012
Pretty sure she is just a normal girl with a past or keeps to herself mostly
Jan 27, 2014 8:30 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread Moved.
Jan 27, 2014 9:01 AM

Nov 2012
I believed she is just a tease who enjoys making Tsubaki get blue balls.
Jan 28, 2014 9:07 PM

Mar 2013
That's actually a pretty good question considering the OVA implies the story is happening in the exact same universe as Discommunication, the author's first series, which has supernatural elements. ¿Maybe the Mysterious Movie Arc was actually giving away the answer? I don't know. But personally, I still like to think of her as an ordinary girl with an out-of-the-ordinary behavior.
Feb 3, 2014 12:12 AM

Sep 2007
I think the mangaka is messing with us with all the obvious alien hints ie the posters in her room, the t shirts she wears etc. but I think she's just a normal girl ...

Feb 25, 2014 9:07 AM

Jul 2010
In one of the "Author's notes" sections, he talks about how the series came to be. The original idea was to have Urabe be a descendant of some type of mystical youkai or something, I believe related to either Discommunication or Yume Tsukai (which is related to Discommunication as well... the spin-off manga Discomunication - Spirit World is considered a prequel to Yume Tsukai.)

However, his editors staged what read as, basically, an intervention and told him that he needed to break out of his rut! He needed to stop writing manga that relied on youkai and overt supernatural elements and write something more "down to earth", so to speak. One of the editors commented that it wasn't necessary to have Urabe be some special person with special powers, because the most mysterious creature in the world to a teenage boy is none other than a teenage girl! She can be mysterious just by the very nature of the differences between boys and girls and the protagonist's lack of experience and knowledge of these rare, exquisite beings. Thus Urabe Mikoto, normal girl, was created. (Her breasts got larger as the series progressed though...)

Not that he may not pull an alien out of his hat in the long run...
Feb 25, 2014 1:00 PM

Oct 2012
zensunni said:
In one of the "Author's notes" sections, he talks about how the series came to be. The original idea was to have Urabe be a descendant of some type of mystical youkai or something, I believe related to either Discommunication or Yume Tsukai (which is related to Discommunication as well... the spin-off manga Discomunication - Spirit World is considered a prequel to Yume Tsukai.)

However, his editors staged what read as, basically, an intervention and told him that he needed to break out of his rut! He needed to stop writing manga that relied on youkai and overt supernatural elements and write something more "down to earth", so to speak. One of the editors commented that it wasn't necessary to have Urabe be some special person with special powers, because the most mysterious creature in the world to a teenage boy is none other than a teenage girl! She can be mysterious just by the very nature of the differences between boys and girls and the protagonist's lack of experience and knowledge of these rare, exquisite beings. Thus Urabe Mikoto, normal girl, was created. (Her breasts got larger as the series progressed though...)

Not that he may not pull an alien out of his hat in the long run...

Its really funny considering how in the series the camera always pans to the alien spaceship on Urabe's bag but the manga (kind of) contradicts that when they have that play an behold Urabe plays the A.I character. I don't know what kind of ending this manga/series will have, but I have high hopes for a surprise of some kind

Mar 21, 2014 3:18 AM
May 2009
I think it"s a "normal" girl without A LOT of mysteries and secrets. Even the fact that drool is sweet in the manga is put as normal, proven by the scene when Tsubaki tastes the drool of Momoka twice and find it also kind of sweet.
Mar 27, 2014 10:09 PM
Mar 2014
The idea of pulling a surprise ending out of the hat might be in the cards. Note that a famous samurai shares the name Urabe. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urabe_no_Suetake). Given the heroine's predisposition to a scissors attack whenever there is any demonstration of behavior she finds inappropriate, this calls for some sort of "reincarnation" potential. Just a thought.
@kooblet
Nov 18, 2019 5:05 PM
Aug 2010
I think she is half alien, I'm anime only in this case, so I don't have the whole picture, but I think that her mother was probably an alien. That's why she is a bit odd, but not too odd and also have strong interest in UFOs. Not to mention the extraordinary bond that even she can't explain completely. Also she heard a voice in the beginning of the series, maybe that could be more than imagination.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Chapter 92 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2014

101 by GeoRush »»
Apr 5, 3:33 PM

» Nazo no Kanojo x what chapter should I continue to, after the anime?

keragamming - Mar 10, 2014

5 by LowGa1n »»
Nov 29, 2023 11:21 PM

» Nazo no Kanojo X

Greencher - Jan 29, 2018

2 by troilus_05s »»
Mar 6, 2022 8:37 PM

» Mysterious Girlfriend X and One Punch Man?

264354287 - Aug 6, 2016

4 by troilus_05s »»
Mar 6, 2022 8:34 PM

» What's your opinion on this manga?

danklolihunter - May 11, 2019

2 by Areworm »»
Feb 3, 2022 7:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.