Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 30, 2014 6:22 AM
Jan 2014
guys please... there are so many spoilers in these forums that need to be in a spoiler box...
especially about fujituro (or how you spell his name)...
I had to stop reading the comments so that I don't spoil it for myself.
Jan 30, 2014 7:34 AM

Apr 2009
judals said:

I think you're referring to the pace, I'm referring to the story, and I doubt they are being unfaithful.

yes. dressrosa is like 100x alabasta arc.. huge (it's still going on in manga now)
i guess it's where there will be some real serious fights going on
Jan 30, 2014 10:02 AM

Mar 2012
lol at Kinemon saying how girls "dress" in Dressrosa xDD
Jan 30, 2014 12:35 PM
May 2011
I think it was less than a chapter because next chapter is only 14 pages as opposed to the usual 19-20, so they need something for next episode is my guess.

If the pacing is an issue just wait for the "One Pace" releases. They make it much more enjoyable and are pretty much caught up with the anime.
Feb 1, 2014 6:28 AM

May 2013
Im okay with this adaptation
Feb 1, 2014 6:35 AM

Jan 2014
Minagatachi said:
judals said:
DarkAngelz said:
Well, when they delay the entire focal point of a chapter/episode and make the entire episode legit pointless.... pacing really can ruin the story >.> The big reveal of this episode didn't happen so the designated point for when you were supposed to know something, was thrown off. Meaning, the timeline for what you need to know when is thrown off. Does this even make sense? Cause I feel like I'm over exaggerating and making something out of nothing... but i'm really pissed off nonetheless... and I don't even know if I should be pissed off or not >.>

A part where the the build up is pointless is still not good, and I doubt it'd make a good climax for the chapter/episode. If it's good, it'd still be good now, as in it should be good all the way, not just at some point.
Well you were suppose to get the reveal at the end of the episode and think "Holy shit what just happened?". But now it's going to happen 30 seconds into the next episode, and it'll just feel like an afterthought.

That doesn't change how the quality of the preceeding story leading up to said twist are subpar. A twist with bad foundation is doubtfully that good either. We'll see.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2014 6:17 PM

Apr 2011
New episode should come out today. I'm really liking having two new OP episodes each Saturday. (New New episode + toonami episode)
Feb 2, 2014 8:11 PM

Sep 2013
damn that was awesome *___* haha

the blind guy better be some amazing fighter who can read the future xD
surely there's a trick to his amazing luck, right?! haha he's so cool! like him already
Feb 7, 2014 3:18 AM

Dec 2012
As usual nothing is happening in One Piece.. They should just do the stuff you see in the intro song, but instead we get a Straw Hat crew doing their dumb routine and a blind man slowly walking down a street and play roulette for 10 minutes.
Feb 7, 2014 11:43 AM

Jun 2011
Suitedup said:
As usual nothing is happening in One Piece.. They should just do the stuff you see in the intro song, but instead we get a Straw Hat crew doing their dumb routine and a blind man slowly walking down a street and play roulette for 10 minutes.

Dumb routine = adventure on a new island. Blind man walking down = build up. One Piece anime is probably not for you.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 7, 2014 12:56 PM

Jan 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
Suitedup said:

Dumb routine = adventure on a new island. Blind man walking down = build up. One Piece anime is probably not for you.

He has the right to decide what is and what isn't for him, and comment on it accordingly.

Oh and walking slowly is stalling, not 'build-up'.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2014 5:48 AM

Jun 2013
I see a lot of manga readers are pissed off due to the pacing and a filler scene in this episode. Why don't you guys just stfu and let us anime only watchers enjoy it for what it is? You guys are on the edge of spolining stuff all the time. I see hints of new names and other stuff that only you manga readers would know. Please, shut the fuck up.
Feb 8, 2014 7:53 AM

Jun 2011
judals said:

He has the right to decide what is and what isn't for him, and comment on it accordingly.

Oh and walking slowly is stalling, not 'build-up'.

Oh so it's judals, why am I not surprised? I did said "probably" did I ever said anything definite? Oh and by the way, it's a build up, so that we as the audience could know that he's a hot shit once Zoro had his eyes on him. Toei was planning to stalled the episode, but, it served as a build up instead, but, darn shame that it did not pay off when they cut off the ending part.

AnimeSweden said:
I see a lot of manga readers are pissed off due to the pacing and a filler scene in this episode. Why don't you guys just stfu and let us anime only watchers enjoy it for what it is? You guys are on the edge of spolining stuff all the time. I see hints of new names and other stuff that only you manga readers would know. Please, shut the fuck up.

Manga readers or not should chill actually, anime is an entertainment medium, nothing to get upset over, really. This is why I can never understand people who watch over half of the show and still rated it "1", how could a series with a rating of "1" entertain them? Lol.
Feb 8, 2014 11:25 AM

Jan 2014
Thanks but we don't need spoonfeeding if build-up's what they're going after with the skow walking. His identity was predictable to begin with. And it wouldn't have paid off regardless, episode 631 was even worse. Watching them in one go is still bad.
Feb 8, 2014 11:45 AM

Jun 2011
judals said:
Thanks but we don't need spoonfeeding if build-up's what they're going after with the skow walking. His identity was predictable to begin with. And it wouldn't have paid off regardless, episode 631 was even worse. Watching them in one go is still bad.

Toei might had the "stalling" in their mind when they made this episode, but most of us think that that part was pretty good, what is bad was the other stuff.. His identity was spoiled anyway with that new OP -.-! Well, scenes were ruined by stalling, so watching 2 episodes in one go w on't help much. It was supposed to happen in a flash, but stalled out for half the episode, so yeah.. w/e.
Feb 8, 2014 12:00 PM

Jan 2014
Good for most of you

I don't watch the OP, not because I'm THAT guy but I just skip the first six minutes of OP episodes right away. Admirals simply have a distinct design.

Maybe not but as fast as it could have been, it wasn't a very good plot development point.
Feb 8, 2014 1:11 PM

Mar 2010
Not bad, not much happened.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 8, 2014 4:04 PM

Jun 2011
judals said:
Good for most of you

I don't watch the OP, not because I'm THAT guy but I just skip the first six minutes of OP episodes right away. Admirals simply have a distinct design.

Maybe not but as fast as it could have been, it wasn't a very good plot development point.

That was just his introduction, what plot development you need for an introductory? No one talked about plot development or whatsoever o.O Over 600 episodes and you still don't know how One Piece series works? o.O
Feb 16, 2014 6:09 AM

Nov 2013
Luffy's disguise reminded me of Master Roshi lol.
Feb 16, 2014 9:17 AM

Dec 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
pkKodama said:
ToG25thBaam said:
That new OST was pretty good, and that Zoro and blind man's filler scene, it was pretty damn good and tense, but damn the waiter part was annoying with those sounds, and the gambling part, LOL it took few minutes ~.~ ANDDD DAT ENDING, LOL WTF, worst cliffhanger ever lol, it's not even a major cliffhanger, just some petty stuff -.-!

As for blind man's VA, hmm his voice isn't that clear, sometimes I can't really hear what he actually said.. The voice acting was pretty good though.

His voice is supposed to be like that. That's what he is. Oda used all his efforts to make the worst character ever. Blind, fat, senile voice, poor vocabulary, ugly(the ugliest) and a marine gggrrr.

Are you sure? o.O By the way he is awesome!! >After the latest chapter< And his design is a reference to a character named Zatoichi, the blind swordsman.

Finally! somebody mentions Zatoichi! The Blind man so far is a pretty good tribute to him. Everybody go watch atleast one Zatoichi movie on Hulu to find out just how awesome u should expect this Blind guy to be!
Love and Peace!!!
Feb 18, 2014 12:55 AM

Oct 2009
Nice new OST :)
Feb 23, 2014 5:58 AM
Mar 2010
And with this ep, I drop OP. The pace has been shitty ever since the time skip. 6 mins recap, endless dragging, boring and predictable fight etc. Content wish too, it has been pretty average with the almost useless fishman arc and the slow progress of PH. Hopefully Dressrosa will change that cos i'm slowly but surely losing interest in OP. Will pick up the manga.
Mar 10, 2014 9:38 AM
Oct 2009
The beginning of a new arc is always great!
Mar 15, 2014 12:55 PM

Aug 2013
I had no problems with the pacing... the people who seem to are the ones who read the manga, something which I will never do, I dislike reading manga, and it would probably ruin One Piece for me... sometimes I wonder why people watch it just to get pissed off.. do you really think the pacing is going to get better anytime soon if they don't add a shit load of filler or the manga nears an end?
Apr 10, 2014 8:37 AM

Aug 2009
TheBigL said:
Luffy's disguise reminded me of Master Roshi lol.

Same here. Checked this thread to see if anyone else thought the same.
Dec 14, 2014 6:17 PM

Mar 2012
Oh god, those disguises were hilarious xD
Sep 2, 2015 7:25 AM
Sep 2014
Dark_Messiah said:
Robin is so hot.
Dec 21, 2015 11:24 PM

Jun 2015
fuck these lying bastards
Aug 1, 2016 10:37 PM

May 2013
Zoro always has amazing intuition when it comes to ppl who hide their strength :')
Aug 4, 2016 11:41 PM

Mar 2015
No notable villain with a laugh just yet..
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 16, 2016 9:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Welcome to Andaluzia....sorry....Dressrosa!!!! xD

White, white, white.... is a bad person, how this guy if is capable of deceiving a blind man?

This blind man is very dangerous?? ummm
Apr 25, 2017 5:02 PM

May 2014
I wonder if all those weird toys are controlled by Doffy's ability...

Anyway, this arc has got off to an awesome start and good god Fujitora (?) is adorkable.

Gotta say though, out of all the things I expected from One Piece an intense gambling match wasn't one of them. Someone better get over there and help the poor guy!
Jul 10, 2019 2:24 PM

May 2016
Dressrosa looks like it's going to be awesome. Toys everywhere? How sick is that!

Zoro looks gooood in his disguise, I must say. And the blind guy getting fleeced of him money, I'd like to see how that ends in the next episode.
Nov 20, 2019 3:43 AM

Jun 2016
That was a phenomenal start, I can’t believe how into this arc I am in every single sense the second they reached Dressroba. To start with we created three groups:
  • The Caesar hand-in team: Law, Robin, and Usopp. Obviously Law needs to be there to make the deal seem legitimate and Robin/Usopp should be a fun pair. A part of me still thinks one of the demonic trio should have went with this one.
  • The Sunny security team:Nami, Brook, Chopper and Momonosuke. At this point I had been thinking despite this job being the easiest, the other two will almost inevitably meet Doflamingo forces, that one of the demonic trio should be here. So, for Sanji to have been expected to be here if not for the Straw Hats impulsive move to the town made sense.
  • The factory destroying & samurai rescue team: Obviously this one had to include Kin’emon who wants to save Kanjuro the most, and Franky who particularly wants to destroy that factory with a huge beam. Sanji was pulled in by the smell of the passionate women who are said to be more likely to stab you the more beautiful they are so I fear for his life. And Luffy and Zoro, all of which got great disguises that fit them well, from the Franky dress shirt and no pants, to the done up suit of Sanji compared to the loose shirt of the thuggish Zoro, or the black traditional wear of Kin’emon or the hawian shirt and Master Roshi look of Luffy.
From the get go after having Momonosuke show some trauma he has over flying and a dream to be the “shogun” of Wano kingdom likely being akin to the Pirate King for Luffy, we already had distinct but loose goals in mind for everyone. A frightening meeting which Doflamingo will almost certainly upheave, a tear through the town to gather information full of the most impulsive and uncontrollable group of Straw Hats, and a Sunny security group that, if stays, is quite scary but could amount to some frantic moments. We even got a layout of Dressrosa from Doflamingo’s castle to Green Bit drawn adorably by Law’s crew.

The factory team enters the town and immediately we are hit with a strong song and shown puppet people blending in with the residents like it’s mundane. Puppet soldiers, puppet men romantically with human women, it’s odd and I feel it probably has to do with Doflamingo’s puppet-master type power. Perhaps he made them and controls them. At this point, tons of puppet people and stabbing happening from women that make me think Baby 5 may not be the only insane lady of Dressrosa, on top of these frantic teams and the knowledge of Doflamingo and his family actively making moves against the alliance is already enough to grip me. Yet all of a sudden we see Fujitora is literally already here. I broke down, it was crazy and unexpected. It seems his eyes are not shut for style in the opening, he appears to be genuinely blind and senses through his hearing if the ear zoom-in means anything. That and probably observational haki. Even after seeing him here, I did not expect him to meet the crew just yet and the moment Zoro was approached by the slow clacking of his cane all the fun and anticipation disappeared and became pure tension. Zoro could tell this blind man was a threat, he took him seriously and was ready to draw his blade without hesitation. It ended up feeling like two huge threats were sizing each other up, like Fujitora wanted his presence to be known. It was a brilliant scene with some great sound design, only then added onto with his gambling!

His hearing from I what I could see allowed him to predict roulette perfectly. Normally a scene like this has the thugs in charge assume the gambler is cheating and try to cheat him only for the gambler to catch on, but these guys went right to the next step. They started to play a blind man for all his winnings as everyone saw but didn’t say anything about it excluding two interesting lines. A man said they were a disgrace to Don Quixote and later the thugs said they could get rich if Buffalo wasn’t around. This gives more reason to see why people respect Doflamingo, seeing that he wouldn’t bully his people and so openly rob them, and with Buffalo being a huge gambler borrowing money from Baby 5 all the time, I’d say he’s an honest one at that and wouldn't let this go down. Fujitora was being cheated and he obviously must know so it’s like he put on an act like it was getting to him, he even said his luck must have run out, but in one final cliffhanger of a move he got serious, betting everything as badass as possible. Looks like Fujitora is about to play these thugs instead. Overall to introduce his presence not with violence or strength but gambling and a feeling of omnipresence is definitely a cool move.

I guess lastly with a line about people seeing fairies and them being Dressrosa’s guardian deities, we ought to expect them to be real and coming up later. That and I find it odd that, if Fujitora is an admiral like the opening would suggest, why people don't recognize him.
Dec 22, 2020 8:22 AM

Jul 2020
Imagine being so low that you have to cheat against a blind man
Feb 22, 2021 9:06 AM

May 2016
Dressrosa looks like a wonderful place to visit plus the fact that it's essentially Spain but I'll have to say that the abundance of living toys is pretty damn creepy.

I feel bad for that blind dude since he's being cheated but he'll definitely reveal that he's a complete badass soon.

Feb 26, 2021 4:58 PM

Feb 2020
lmao when a blind dude is better at gambling then you ever will. also why does the blind guy in anime have to always either be the first pickings or the most op?

Jul 19, 2021 7:24 AM

Jun 2019
Muten Roshi-Sama... Is that you?
Aug 25, 2021 12:11 AM

Aug 2021
Luffy's looking like Master Roshi From dbz XD

The blind man is pretty interesting
Aug 18, 2022 1:19 AM

Dec 2018
well as much as i'd like to give this show a 7 or 8 the horrible pacing and fillers just make it impossible to raise it past 4 or 5
Oct 20, 2022 5:33 PM
Jul 2021
Goated on the sauce
Jun 7, 2023 12:37 PM
Jun 2023
estan a punto de entregar a ceaser
Aug 16, 2023 8:01 AM
Oct 2019
Finally Dressrosa.

Law, you can't control Luffy LMAO

Poor Blind dude.
Sep 18, 2023 8:13 PM
Feb 2022
Que interesante. Una ciudad de personas y juguetes vivientes Dressrosa. Se les viene la lección el próximo capítulo por haber engañado al ciego.
Mar 29, 4:00 PM
Jul 2019
it really good for stretchy man
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 402 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 24, 2009

82 by gannoncannon55 »»
34 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 401 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 16, 2009

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
52 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 400 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Miked - May 9, 2009

135 by gannoncannon55 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 399 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faded_Star - Feb 14, 2009

92 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 398 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 26, 2009

95 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.