Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 26, 2009 9:01 AM

Apr 2009
nehnehneji said:
Angela/Ash are one in the same and wanting Sebastian... seriously eveyone wants a piece of him!
lol, yeah *remembers greil*

nehnehneji said:
Anyone else laugh when, while the other two loaded their guns, Finny picked up a huge chunk of rock to get rid of Pluto. ^^;
lol, that made me forget that the things going on weren't supposed to be funny XD
Dec 29, 2009 5:09 AM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Ashela was just freaky XD

its voice was cool tho
Jan 23, 2010 4:08 PM

Aug 2009
Oh my, what is going on? It's a sudden turn of events. The Queen's body parts are made by stitches of her husband and herself, wtf. Also, how did she die? Is he dead for real? Oh my. Wait what? Angela and Ash are one? WHAT THE FUCK?

Also, if Ciel's going to die like Undertaker said, then does that mean he's going to Hell? Plus, what did Ash say about dueling to Sebastian. Also, Ash has boobs, oh my. Every angels I've seen in Anime always have boobs even though they're a man, lol.

I am wondering if Ciel's going to die in this crimson fire made by Pluto. Is that collar the cause if Pluto's rampage? Wasn't Sebastian the one who gave it to him? Also, why did he give the diamond ring away?! Damn, I need to see this ending.
Apr 8, 2010 4:15 PM

Aug 2009
MY FAVOURITE ANIME of all time!!! At least definately up until now!!
This episode was so epic in every sense!! The dark atmosphere and the emotional depth that it has, all the feelings that it emits without saying too much words. And balancing some funny moments with the dark ones where they are needed to lighten the atmosphere. Plus it's full of symbolisms whether it is in the picture or the dialogues. Loved the dialogue between Sebastian and Ash-Angela! I don't know.. maybe it's just me.. but I don't feel that I have found something similar in any other anime before. I have watched some intense, dark anime, yes, but Kuroshitsuji just has this one more spice that makes it so special to me. As a big fan of anti-heros i confess this anime has given me some great moments of watching pleasure. Can't wait to see how it will finish... though i think i was spoilled seeing an image i didn't want to.. anyway.. can't also wait for the new Kuroshitsuji 2 this July! :D Hope it will be similarly epic!! :))
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Jun 3, 2010 3:16 PM

Jan 2010
One more ep ):
That queen was disgusting. Was that rotting skin?! DX
I totally knew Ash was Angela. u.u
I love Sebastien so much <3333
Jun 8, 2010 2:58 AM

Feb 2010
Good, just mad at Sebas for abandoning CIel.... fukn ahole and dramatic
Jun 29, 2010 6:50 AM

Aug 2009
... Its a trap! lol.

I really didn't think the finale would turn out like this. Hope they at least have one more fight ^^
Aug 13, 2010 1:29 PM

Aug 2009
dramatic episode...

And when that white-angel guy opened his shirt, i went "ewwww"
XD
Sep 7, 2010 3:26 AM

Jul 2010
Sebastian is so co0ol 8D
Sep 10, 2010 9:56 AM

Jun 2009
TRANVESTITE ANGELLSSS AARRRGGHH MY EYES

Anyways, Kinda feel sad about the servants having shoot Pluto, hopefully none of them die.

Good episode overall though.
Oct 5, 2010 12:58 AM

Feb 2010
cantius said:
That breast part was the biggest WTF scene ever.

this. XD

The gruesome state of the Queen was VERY disgusting... poor thing. I am glad she's finally at rest.

And poor pluplu <3 I actually liked that pup a lot.

Sebastian was very much the demon he says he is in this episode... you sometimes forget....

How the hell is this going to end?!
Oct 8, 2010 10:19 AM

May 2010
Much better than the previous ..

Also, Ash = Angela a bit surprising for me coz I thought they're different considering

their gender.. LOL

Pluto was shot.. :(

Last 1 to go..
Nov 18, 2010 2:46 AM

May 2010
Yeah, always figured Angela was also Ash. They just looked too much a like for it to be any other way. Also, is anyone else laughing inside that an angel's name is ANGELa?
Nov 20, 2010 5:17 PM

Jun 2009
Ciel, you finally got your determined attitude back, I was beginning to think you lost yourself in all the mess of the angels and the Queen.

Seeing the Queen’s body rot was utterly disgusting, how can someone be so foolish to attach their own body to their beloved’s putrid corpse...? That’s beyond crazy.

I want Ciel to die so his soul is given to Sebastian. I know it won’t happen but that would be the good and logical ending, and not some made-up solution only to maintain alive the protagonist.

One more episode~
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Dec 14, 2010 8:38 AM
Jul 2010
Hinata020 said:
Only one more episode to go! I'm glad Sebastian is back, and for some reason it felt like he behaved more like a demon in this episode than any other. Not fighting wise (he always kicks ass) but personality wise. It was strange but interesting to see him watch Ciel from the roof top all moody and detached (my personal view on how a demon would behave)

That rotting flesh thing with the queen was DISGUSTING. Especially when the angel just ran his finger along her throat and took off skin like it was icing on a cake. Yuck. That being said, I'm disappointed Ciel+Sebastian didn't get to kill her themselves.

I look foreword to the finale!

Yeah, I also think that Sebastian's behavior this episode was closer to what I'd expect from a demon. And I loved that^^

Angela and Ash being the same person was no surprise for me since that's what I've been saying since Ash first appeared. Anyway, I'm glad I got the confirmation because I was tired of waiting for it.

This episode was amazing and I might even raise my score to a 9/10 if the ending satisfies me.
Feb 17, 2011 6:54 PM

Apr 2009
StormViruz said:
Also, Ash = Angela a bit surprising for me coz I thought they're different considering

their gender.. LOL

I'm not surprised at this point, in Christian traditions, angels are always portrayed to look like human males and even have masculine names but still believed to be asexual or have androgynous physical manifestations. Err...at least that what I thought so ever since I was a child too.

One last episode... XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 29, 2011 10:25 PM

Dec 2009
One more episode to go, I wonder how they're gonna wrap things up for the end.
Jan 1, 2012 6:48 AM

Jul 2008
Ugh...this show has been going downhill (imo) for the past like 8 episodes. The tone of the series just feels so different to me.
Jul 19, 2012 5:11 PM

May 2012
Damn another damn great episode! Epic scene where Ciel gets shot and his blood forms the Pentagram mark!

But damn he lost his mansion once more and than that stupid angel really...
Up to the last one and than the OVA!
Jul 28, 2012 11:50 AM
Mar 2012
OMG! 1 MORE EPISODE LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!
Oct 26, 2012 2:08 PM

Feb 2012
So during the start of the series, while Ash was being the Queen's bodyguard, he spent the rest of his day posing as a housemaid Angela for a demon dog owner a few hundred miles away for no apparant reason. And at the same time runs a church cult also in a different area.

Yeah, I can tell this isn't manga canon lol still a nice watch though.
Oct 27, 2012 12:28 PM

Dec 2008
Ahhh! Only one episode to go (in this season at least)!!! Amazing as ever^^ And YES!! I was right about Ash/Angela!! Rejoice for actually correctly predicting something *happy dance*
Fullmetal Alchemist Lover here^.^

Feb 13, 2013 12:09 PM

Feb 2013
One more episode to go! This one made me very sad, specially when they shot Pluto, you could see that that's not what they wanted at all.

How is this even gonna end?
May 9, 2013 10:11 PM
Apr 2012
Renege said:
Fumiko said:
I, as some people here, don't get a lot of some point of the story (like why did Sebastian left Ciel alone. Wasn't the contract that Sebastian will follow every of Ciel's order and never let his side? Then he broke it ¬¬)

I'm guessing that when Ciel ordered Sebby to stop fighting when he had the opportunity to get his revenge, Sebby didn't want his soul anymore.
He says something after Ciel acts like his usual self again about how he's greatful that he gets to eat one of the most delicious souls now.
Before, when Ciel was having second thoughts, Sebby abandoned him, not wanting his soul anymore. It was no longer special.
Why work for something you don't want?

I actually got the impression from what Sebastian said that he left in order to somehow improve the flavor of Ciel's soul. I think the point was Sebastian leaving made Ciel grow to new heights (or perhaps sink to new depths) in ways he wouldn't have otherwise, thus making his soul all the more delicious. (I am wondering if this might be partly a difference between sub vs. dub translations or a different version)

My theory is that Sebastian wanted Ciel's revenge to be his own - he didn't want to force Ciel into it, because it would have been insincere and there would not have been the same sort of catharsis for his soul.
PhoebeSMMay 9, 2013 10:18 PM
Aug 24, 2013 12:16 PM

Dec 2012
Hmm so Ash and Angela really are one and the same, that confirms my suspicion from a few episodes back when Pluto was fond of Ash while he was at the Phantomhive Manor. And damn that was gruesome with the queen, the flesh of her husband finally deteriorating.

And from what I can tell, Sebastian left Ciel and broke the contract because he was starting to lift up from the depths of hatred and despair. But now that he's lost everything and has fallen even further than before, his soul is now "ripe" so to speak. Sebastian really is a shady demon, using all of that to add flavor to Ciel's soul.

One episode left, I can hardly wait to see how this ends.
Nov 28, 2013 3:10 AM

May 2013
1 more to go
Mar 4, 2014 6:56 PM

Aug 2013
Glad to see that Ciel is back to is merciless. Even if I hope that he kill the angel and that Sebastian take his soul, with a second season, it's pretty much impossible.

So is the end of Pluton. He did what he had to do. It looked like it was the collar that was controlling him, but they didn't really had the time to figure out how to save him, he was burning an whole city...

The Queen lived alone until the very end.

I didn't expect the two angel to be the same, I thought they were twins.

I wonder if that second season will be about that ''war'' with France.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 17, 2014 3:00 PM

Jan 2014
Well, this episode was unexpected. Too gloomy and dark. And only 1 episode left. I don't want it to end. :/
Jul 22, 2014 10:27 AM
May 2014
Grell and burning London.

Pluto causing the burning.

Dead mixmashed queen.

Sebastian catching bullets with one hand. Nice speed. The angel really ought to be no match for him if he can move this quickly.
Sep 30, 2014 1:49 PM

Jul 2013
I'm glad Sebastian came back!

So Ash and Angela are really one in the same, I knew they looked similar but didn't think Angels could change between genders ... the scene where they kept changing was odd lol.

Grell came back too.

The Queens rotting body was gross.

I can't believe Pluto caused so much destruction! I used to like him so much :(
Nov 4, 2014 1:19 AM

Jul 2013
lol stupid guards.. If Ciel really was the culprit why would you kill him? It's logical to think that you should capture him so that you can question him about shit.

so Ash is like... a clownfish. he can change his gender and Angela is his female form. woah!
Mar 16, 2015 5:06 AM

Jun 2013
That was an intense episode.
One more episode to go.
Mar 21, 2015 6:14 PM

Apr 2014
Ash/Angela just showing Sebastian his/her's titties LOL
Jun 2, 2015 2:30 PM
Oct 2014
"Making preparations for the last supper. At times, it is sweet, hot, and sour. One must use different spices and let it mature."

Welp, that sets to rest any ideas that Sebby was beginning to care for Ciel. Any moments where we thought he was acting concerned or nice to Ciel ("sweet") were just meant to butter up his meal, as were his moments where he seemed angry at him weakening ("hot") and his leaving Ciel ("sour"). Not pretense, but all only for the sake of his most delicious supper! I'm actually glad, though, it seems much more fitting for an ages-old demon
Jun 8, 2015 9:48 AM

Oct 2013
Well that was weird. Sebastian seems to be interested in Ciel's soul again, so the contract remains
Sep 11, 2015 7:41 PM
Dec 2009
I'm getting more and more curious as to how the anime and manga plot lines differ...
Jan 11, 2016 11:53 PM

Dec 2015
Ciel! I thought you were almost gone! Thank you, Sebastian for coming back. Whew!
Oct 8, 2016 2:01 PM
Sep 2016
hope ciel be fine😭
Aug 28, 2017 7:35 PM

Jun 2016
That was a very dark episode. Ugh. RIP, Pluto, I guess? He was being controlled by those assholes of angels or should I say angel? It seems like Ash and Angela are the same person. Goddamnit idk. I guess we'll know in the final episode which I can't believe will be the last.

Welcome back, Sebby. I guess he's still bitter as fuck with Ciel not deciding to kill the Queen just yet, but now the Queen is dead I wonder what's gonna happen now. Someone already did his goal for him. Jesus.

LAST EPISODE! WAAAAH.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 9, 2019 11:47 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Well I wasnt thinking of a happy ending like they would live together happy but I would have never imagined this.
Idk I have a bad baaaad feeling about this :/
angel beeing male and female was obvious to me.
But how can he be on gods side?

Aug 27, 2020 4:05 AM

Mar 2019
Oh so there was Sebastian.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Sep 19, 2020 9:13 AM

Aug 2020
I'm so confused... Sebastian wants to eat Ciel's soul? I hope I'm just making things up rn and that doesn't happen. ^^;

Omg that part where we first saw the Queen's body scared me, and when she died... ;,,(

I really hope everything turns out ok, but then again, sad endings are more interesting lmao.
Jun 29, 2023 10:54 AM

Apr 2018
god sebastian is such an ass. protect your boy!!!!
Mar 26, 7:46 AM

Nov 2017
RIP Pluto, the faithful demon dog. His bond with Sebastian and key role in the story's climax won hearts. 🙏🏼
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

noteDhero - Feb 7, 2009

199 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 9:53 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SlaughterChichi - Mar 26, 2009

317 by Elyshion »»
Mar 26, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Chrissi-chan- - Mar 9, 2009

105 by Elyshion »»
Mar 26, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 25, 2009

97 by pendr4gonz »»
Mar 17, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Takai - Jan 17, 2009

80 by pendr4gonz »»
Mar 12, 2:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.