3It was OK
29.2%
2Disliked it
4.2%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 3.9
24 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2009 5:12 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Zeorymer has excellent battles between robots, with great, but great destruction, without respecting the human ones or the constructions that are for near. The expressiveness of the characters deserves distinction, all the pilots with outstanding personalities! Good anime!
Excellent end! Two destroyed rivals! Putting an end to the plans of Kihara Masaki.
LeknaatJan 8, 2023 3:47 AM
Mar 10, 2014 12:45 PM
Nov 2011
While I found the production values impressive, and the music quite catchy, I was also annoyed by the teen angst/edgyness. I would rate it 7/10, if it wasn't for the latter. Now it will have to do with a 6/10.
A great production, nontheless.
Jul 4, 2014 12:19 AM

Dec 2008
This was one of those dimon in the roughs, that was just a tad more rough than diamond. Seriously shoulda have been longer, because I was really enjoying this show. Sadly it merits a mere 6.5/10 due to shortness and the ending. BUT THAT attention to detail...wow. Good look and plot. ^~^
Aug 18, 2014 9:21 AM

Aug 2012
Masato was a weak character in many respects but how the story evolved in this series to that ending was really good.

Yet again AIC produce another good Sci Fi OVA
Jan 4, 2015 1:06 AM
Dec 2014
It's a good OVA on its own right. But I agree with the people who say it was way too short. Just one more episode would've been good enough to balance things a bit. But overall, the rest is top tier.

P.S. Miku is ridiculous gorgeous.
Jun 3, 2015 1:26 PM

Jul 2010
Welp, this was quite bad but maybe it was because it only had 4 episodes.
Jul 13, 2015 10:22 AM

Sep 2011
This was fucking awful, and its made even worse by seeing how it could of been great, the confliction of the MC awakening an evil alternate persona by piloting the mech, clones fighting to find their purpose in life as individuals, the sense of self sacrifice. This could of been fantastic but everything was handled horrendously. Top it off with the horrendous action, this episode was just 1 hit kills and then at the very end they ruin the cool build up to the final fight by making the final fight literally just self destructing themselves.

Its ova's like this that remind me just how awful anime can get. 3/10

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 31, 2015 12:05 PM

May 2012
Pretty okay ending, while the mecha action was pretty nice the rest of the story was pretty much a clusterfuck of things. In the end it was pretty okay for a 4 episode OVA.
Nov 24, 2017 4:33 PM

Nov 2017
The conclusion didn't live up to the hype built up in the first three episodes. Perhaps a few more episodes to flesh out the characters a bit more would have made the stakes here seem more relevant. Like, the fate of the world is at stake, and sadly lost interest and just wanted it to be over. Shame, because there are a lot of great things going on here.
Feb 14, 2020 6:13 PM

Oct 2012
So wtf was that ending?
Dec 22, 2021 1:43 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
The fuck did I just watch lmao
Feb 7, 2023 9:04 AM
Apr 2020
it's sad to have waited so many years (I've known Zeorymer since 2000) and...
well, everyone's here, already watched it.
It's sad that such a good start has been badly developed, to, in the end, be a war of one side only.
Masato suffered, trapped, and that reminded me of Shinji (EVA) who suffered other things, and ended up growing up very slowly.
But, 15 minutes into Zeorymer's ep01, I had the impression that Masato would be a possible origin of Shinji, but not
I'm a penciller (comic & manga artist) and I love Gunpla & scratch build.
My best work in scratch, Kaneda bike
..._ _ _...

Click 👆 to see my profile
Dec 23, 2023 8:26 PM

Oct 2021
What a depressive ending, lol.

Our main guy Masato/Kihara is a pretty shitty dude!

The style and design for the robots and the tech were on point in this series, I specially like the flying robot. The story was kinda convoluted.
Feb 12, 4:20 AM

Oct 2020
Perhaps I misinterpreted the ending, but I thought it was pretty decent. It seemed like Masato had control over his personality at the end and had reasserted dominance over the memories trying to take over. I didn't think he blew up at the end, the Zeorymer survived all sort of large explosions in previous episodes and was also able to rebuild itself when damaged, so I don't think the enemy base exploding would have taken him out.

I liked the forbodeing atmosphere of the story, most of the time it seemed to be night time, the wind would always be howling and it just felt very moody and dark all the time. I don't mean that in an edgelord sort of way, I just liked how the setting fitted the mood of the story. The animation for the most part was great too, with lots of gritty and detailed designs. The enemy base in particular looked very cool.

Overall, it definitely would have been better with maybe 6 parts of so, to help give some of the story space to breath, but certainly I'm glad I watched it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Project Zeorymer Episode 3 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 31, 2015

3 by GarouWolf »»
Nov 28, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » Project Zeorymer Episode 2 Discussion

2 by GarouWolf »»
Nov 14, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » Project Zeorymer Episode 1 Discussion

3 by GarouWolf »»
Nov 14, 2023 5:55 PM

» Opening theme?

The_Sum_of_Zero - May 28, 2014

1 by Largo93 »»
Jan 6, 2015 11:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.