Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 19, 2009 5:40 PM
Mar 2008
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ahhhhhhhhh........Just curious to see what everyone thought of the ending!
Mar 19, 2009 10:52 PM

Aug 2006
I have to say, the discussions on mangafox are quite in-depth.

I'm so amazed a manga about a teenaged vampire that has nosebleeds raises so many intense discussions about familial relationships and what true happiness is. lol

Anyway, about the ending--I really enjoyed it.
Most of the loose ends were tied up and the ending wasn't horribly cliche (I don't think anyone saw that ending coming to be honest).

I wish we learned more about Sophia though.
Mar 20, 2009 8:12 AM
Mar 2008
I enjoyed it too....It was sad but everything worked out. But I do secretly wish that it ended differently, but we all know that it just wouldn't work that way. I wish we had learned more about Sofia as well. Also thanks so much for making the last chapters avaible for us. I really appreciate it.
Mar 25, 2009 5:33 PM

Jun 2008
I thought the ending was really depressing D:

I feel sorry for Kenta.

But I think the ending was pretty unique so I guess I liked it. It made me cry though ;_;

I loved this manga so much more than I thought I would
Mar 28, 2009 6:56 PM
Mar 2008
I felt the same way, I felt so sorry for Kenta, especially when he cried. I cried too. But in the long run I guess it was all for the best. Wish it wasn't over.
Mar 29, 2009 8:18 PM

Aug 2006
At least there's still the novels.

I can't seem to find anyone who'd be willing to translate them though, so I'll have to take on the endeavor myself.

Luckily, I'm going to take Japanese as a major later this year to improve my skills enough that I'll be able to read the novels without struggling.

I currently own all the novels in Japanese, and have read a bit of #7 and #8 and they're quite good. Reverse trap vampire, vampire hunting scientists, Henry's illegitimate son, sexy cheerleader Karin, lesbians, tsundere girl, love triangles, incest... the novels have everything. I'm not joking, haha.

zonnikkuMar 29, 2009 8:27 PM
Mar 30, 2009 6:39 PM
Mar 2008
Oh wow, that is great, at least we have something to look forward too. Are you serious about henry having another son in the novels. I can't believe he was able to live through that one. Hahaha, cant wait to see that and Karin as a cheerleader would be cute too.
May 18, 2009 1:14 AM

Mar 2009
I can't believe people actually liked the ending! I mean to erase her memories! That would be impossible! I mean, the fact that she was a blood making vampire was the basis or her and kenta's relationship! I mean the only reason that they got close was because of one of her nose bleeds! I think it was just a rushed ending... I mean I could understand having karin separated from her family, but to erase her memories. I think it was an uncreative and unrealistic way to end the series, really if she forgot she was a vampire she would forget kenta too.
Cat Love

May 18, 2009 1:29 AM

Mar 2009
Oh I forgot to add one thing... WHAT HAPPENS WHEN HER KID(S) AWAKEN AS HALF-VAMPIRES!!! I guess kenta could tell them but Karin is going to wonder why they are that way!!!!!
Cat Love

Jun 13, 2009 1:19 PM

Oct 2007
uniquelyme91 said:
Oh I forgot to add one thing... WHAT HAPPENS WHEN HER KID(S) AWAKEN AS HALF-VAMPIRES!!! I guess kenta could tell them but Karin is going to wonder why they are that way!!!!!

It's a safe bet that they're close to humans than vampires. They might be able to have kids, but that's another mystery unsolved.

I thought the ending was very sad. Her family just...disappears out of her memory yet still watches over her. I feel sad that Kenta has to keep all those secrets, even the most crucial ones.
Jun 18, 2009 3:56 AM

Sep 2008
Love the manga overall, loved Kenta-Karins happy ending. Hated the memory erasure. I thought it was completely unnecessary.
Jul 12, 2009 2:17 AM

Jun 2008
I have to say, this was one of the most enjoyable endings I have read from a manga in a while. We got to see Karin and Kenta have a happy ever after finale, and to make it not so predictable, they erased Karin's memory of her being a vampire.

I think it was well thought out and well executed. Despite it being very sad that she forgot that she was a vampire and she'll never remember her family, I think that was a smart way to end it. This way she can live a normal human life, the ending doesn't seem so predictable, and LET ME TELL EVERYONE, ITS A WAY BETTER FINALE THAN MOST ROMANCE COMEDY MANGAS. ***cough*** cough*** school rumble.***
Aug 12, 2009 9:42 AM

Mar 2009
Awww, Karin now free from nosebleed and not increase blood after been first kissed on the previous chapter. I also not agree why her family want to separate and erase her memory. Thats too sad for me though. Overall quite amazing story. Im thumbs up for Chibi Vampire. :D
Sep 6, 2009 4:01 PM

Jan 2009
At first, I thought Ren erased all Karin's memories of Kenta and everything that happened so far, which made me a little pissed. Then I realized it was just of her family and I thought it was unnecessary. Now Kenta has to live with the pain of keeping her secrets, but other than that... it was still a happy ending. They still get to be together. <3
Nov 19, 2009 2:40 PM

Feb 2008
i'm glad it ended this way
Jan 7, 2010 12:11 PM

Sep 2009
I loved the ending! I'm sick and tired of shojo manga ending up with everything being ok. Life rarely gets the perfectly happy ending that are usually found in shojo manga. But this was a great bittersweet ending.
"Experiences of all kinds" - Tamaki Suoh
Mar 28, 2010 1:52 PM

Sep 2009
I thought it was really great, I've been reading them since they came out 5 years ago and I think the ending really did the series justice. I'm just sad that Karin's family doesn't get to be happy with her and even though she is happy she doesn't get to be happy with her family... And poor Kenta for having to hold in the secret of her family.

I just wish we would have seen and heard more about Sophia... I also thought the end felt kind of rushed. Anyone else feel that way? One second she lost her memory, the next they are engaged, then married, then they have a child! The manga was so slowly paced that when it got to the end and sooo much skipping it was just a little weird...

10/10 in my book, and I'm recommending it to all my friends. For those of you who don't know what to turn to next, I say read/watch Vampire Knight I find it a great replacement for that whole in your heart where Chibi Vampire used to be.

- Our Drill will be the Drill that Pierces the Heavens! -
http://DRILLtotheHeavens.com

Mar 30, 2010 9:49 AM
Mar 2010
I saw this just now and I defenetly agree that it was depressing and sad I really can't stand sad things. I also agree I wish we would have seen and heard more about Sophia she was my favourite character... but I actually like the mysterious end.
Jun 9, 2010 6:15 AM

Sep 2009
Dang, that was a very bittersweet ending....but it was good. This was a lot better than I thought it would be.
Jul 14, 2010 12:44 PM
Feb 2010
They'll be lying to her for the rest of their lives.
Aug 7, 2010 10:37 AM

Jun 2010
Ow crap! I don't know if I'm glad it ended this way or not...

It is a happy end, Marriage and even a child but...

Wiping her memory... That just feels painful... She still remained said but also very happy. I wish they just let her keep her memory and have a happy end.

But still 10/10

Aug 15, 2010 3:28 AM

Jun 2010
uniquelyme91 said:

Yeah, I was thinking about this one too ! Well I'm suppose that since Karin is now a "human being", there isn't any problem anymore (her daughter is not sterile)...

And also, I must say that I'm kinda soooo disappointed..
I cried cause I was so sad for Anju (she actually IS my fave in this series heheh !)

I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION ! We can notice, that...I don't know...13 years later (when we see Kannon-chan), that Anju HASN'T GROWN UP :O
Well, Karin grew up normally up to her 16th birthday ! And Elda looks also very young...but Anju has still her 13 year old body ! Isn't it just totally weird ?

And Kenta...is not gonna be honest with till the end...so sad. (love and lies...I dislike it so much...). I WANTED A CLICHE LOVEY-DOVEY ENDING >/////< !
Aug 15, 2010 3:33 AM

Jun 2010
Anime-Roach said:
Ow crap! I don't know if I'm glad it ended this way or not...

It is a happy end, Marriage and even a child but...

Wiping her memory... That just feels painful... She still remained said but also very happy. I wish they just let her keep her memory and have a happy end.

But still 10/10

Yeah, I was about to put "LOVED IT" when I voted...but I noticed that an end shouldn't make me CRY ! x') (yeah...I really cried...)
I voted "DISLIKED IT" because they erased her memory...it's abnormal that she's still able to talk and everything if she doesn't remember her family ! Or maybe she just "imagines" that she's been living all alone in her house ? (since her parents were sleepin'...) WEIRD !

AND ! I just can't imagine Karin puttin' her blood in someone's body...BY BITING THEM ! Well, she just leaves her teeth's marks ! Is she vomiting her blood ?

AND ALSO ! Thanks to you, Anime-Roach, because it's thanks to you if I read this ending ! I only watched the anime, and when I saw your forum post, I read it immediately ! <3 It's kinda awkward that Winner doesn't exist ! :
- SINCLAIR FAMILY DOESN'T EXIST
- ELDA WASN'T IN LOVE WITH A HUMAN (ALFRED)
- ANJU DOESN'T LIKE THE BLOOD OF A "JEALOUS PERSON" (BUT A LONELY PERSON INSTEAD) > since Maki isn't in love with Winner etc...
- BOOGIE-KUN IS STILL HERE ! (in the anime, he stops talking to Anju when she becomes an adult)...SO MUCH THINGS !
These made the anime funny, but I prefer the dramatic part of the manga (:

azmatyAug 15, 2010 3:38 AM
Aug 20, 2010 1:42 PM

Jun 2010
azmaty said:

Yeah, I was about to put "LOVED IT" when I voted...but I noticed that an end shouldn't make me CRY ! x') (yeah...I really cried...)
I voted "DISLIKED IT" because they erased her memory...it's abnormal that she's still able to talk and everything if she doesn't remember her family ! Or maybe she just "imagines" that she's been living all alone in her house ? (since her parents were sleepin'...) WEIRD !

AND ! I just can't imagine Karin puttin' her blood in someone's body...BY BITING THEM ! Well, she just leaves her teeth's marks ! Is she vomiting her blood ?

AND ALSO ! Thanks to you, Anime-Roach, because it's thanks to you if I read this ending ! I only watched the anime, and when I saw your forum post, I read it immediately ! <3 It's kinda awkward that Winner doesn't exist ! :
- SINCLAIR FAMILY DOESN'T EXIST
- ELDA WASN'T IN LOVE WITH A HUMAN (ALFRED)
- ANJU DOESN'T LIKE THE BLOOD OF A "JEALOUS PERSON" (BUT A LONELY PERSON INSTEAD) > since Maki isn't in love with Winner etc...
- BOOGIE-KUN IS STILL HERE ! (in the anime, he stops talking to Anju when she becomes an adult)...SO MUCH THINGS !
These made the anime funny, but I prefer the dramatic part of the manga (:

Ah np :P.

Warning some spoilers will be in it about the Anime.
But I have to say that the manga was far better than the anime. Altrough I really hated the erase memery part. But the anime just left so many things unanswered
and it sucked that the family got shot but than a few minutes later just stand up again.

At first it was a bit weird reading the manga after the anime but the manga is far better :P

Overall Karin rules xD and yes I also cried at the end :'O

Aug 21, 2010 5:09 AM

Jun 2010
Anime-Roach said:

Ah np :P.

Warning some spoilers will be in it about the Anime.
But I have to say that the manga was far better than the anime. Altrough I really hated the erase memery part. But the anime just left so many things unanswered
and it sucked that the family got shot but than a few minutes later just stand up again.

At first it was a bit weird reading the manga after the anime but the manga is far better :P

Overall Karin rules xD and yes I also cried at the end :'O

Hahaha, I'm glad someone at least think the same way as I do x) <3
Yup, Karin really rules right, and the "Resurrection" part was really awkward it's actually the worst part in the anime...so disappointing ending..
Aug 22, 2010 6:38 AM

Jun 2010
azmaty said:

Hahaha, I'm glad someone at least think the same way as I do x) <3
Yup, Karin really rules right, and the "Resurrection" part was really awkward it's actually the worst part in the anime...so disappointing ending..

They should have just followed the manga. Thats always better as far as I know.

Aug 23, 2010 5:14 AM

Jun 2010
Anime-Roach said:

They should have just followed the manga. Thats always better as far as I know.

Yeah, but the thing is that most of the time, after seeing the anime, you always want to read the manga...a bit as if it was a publicity, so in a way, like I've been watching the anime before reading it, I'm glad it has been another story, that way, I really enjoyed both of them ! But...I actually would have enjoyed it to be a 2 ending story, like Death Note x) Of course, in the second ending, Karin would not have her memory blank about her family...a classical "And they lived happily ever after" ending ^_____^'
Aug 25, 2010 9:30 AM

Jun 2010
azmaty said:
a classical "And they lived happily ever after" ending ^_____^'

Would have liked that :D altrough I got to disagree on the anime and manga difference. Iit was hell to start the manga for me. Very difficult to get in the story as it was so different.

Aug 25, 2010 12:12 PM

Jun 2010
Anime-Roach said:
[...]altrough I got to disagree on the anime and manga difference. Iit was hell to start the manga for me. Very difficult to get in the story as it was so different.

Yeah...well, the thing is I read the manga 2...no wait, 3 years after watching the anime, so I think I just enjoyed it that way, to remember Karin's story.
Although the stories or quite different, I really liked both sides. Still, I think if they followed the manga story, I would feel mostly disappointed because the manga series usually last for 24 episodes and I think it would have just cut the manga short.

Like in Kaichou wa maid-sama...I kind of really dislike the anime for some reason.
Aug 30, 2010 9:10 AM

Jun 2010
azmaty said:

Yeah...well, the thing is I read the manga 2...no wait, 3 years after watching the anime, so I think I just enjoyed it that way, to remember Karin's story.
Although the stories or quite different, I really liked both sides. Still, I think if they followed the manga story, I would feel mostly disappointed because the manga series usually last for 24 episodes and I think it would have just cut the manga short.

Like in Kaichou wa maid-sama...I kind of really dislike the anime for some reason.

Ah didn't read the Manga of Maid Sama but really like the anime. But I think your right on that part. Most animes are just cut short. There it's most of the time more fun to read the Manga.

Aug 31, 2010 12:25 PM

Jun 2010
Anime-Roach said:

Ah didn't read the Manga of Maid Sama but really like the anime. But I think your right on that part. Most animes are just cut short. There it's most of the time more fun to read the Manga.

Yeah, I actually began the anime first, when there were only 9 episodes.
Then I started reading the manga...and disliked more and more their anime version for some reason. I really enjoyed some moments in the manga...'til they didn't make me laugh in the anime.
Sep 1, 2010 3:33 PM

Jun 2010
azmaty said:
Yeah, I actually began the anime first, when there were only 9 episodes.
Then I started reading the manga...and disliked more and more their anime version for some reason. I really enjoyed some moments in the manga...'til they didn't make me laugh in the anime.

Than I shall read the Manga as soon as the anime is finish :P Tx for that :D
We have a hell of a long conversation here haven't we xD
Always fun to talk over things like this with other people :)

Sep 7, 2010 9:04 AM

Jun 2010
Anime-Roach said:
Than I shall read the Manga as soon as the anime is finish :P Tx for that :D
We have a hell of a long conversation here haven't we xD
Always fun to talk over things like this with other people :)

yeah true. Do you read/watch other mangas ?
Sep 9, 2010 5:41 AM

Jun 2010
azmaty said:

Currently? I'm reading REC and Kimi ni Todoke
But i still find Suzuka on of the best :P

Sep 9, 2010 10:00 AM

Jun 2010
Anime-Roach said:
azmaty said:

Currently? I'm reading REC and Kimi ni Todoke
But i still find Suzuka on of the best :P

Oh ? I've only watched the anime version of Kimi ni Todoke.
I'm gonna read the manga version then. (:
See you next time ! :D
Sep 9, 2010 11:45 AM

Jun 2010
azmaty said:

Oh ? I've only watched the anime version of Kimi ni Todoke.
I'm gonna read the manga version then. (:
See you next time ! :D

Well the shitty thing about it is that I know Chapter 47 and 48 are already released and someone also translated it but... it was never uploaded!!!!
So I still cry my self to sleep until I can read them. :''|

Oct 18, 2010 1:17 AM
Jul 2018
Perfect ending to a great love manga
the last scene with Anju was... god some tears fall from my eyes.

LOVE IT!, really, glad i decide to read this manga.
Nov 16, 2010 9:24 PM
Nov 2010
I see more and more why there are those who don't really bother to watch an anime/ movie when you can read the manga/book. XD

Like just about everyone, I really enjoyed just about everything about "Karin". When I got to the point when Kenta(he is my fave here :]) is thinking "to make her happy, they didn't have to erase her memories" all I could do was agree with his frustration. In fact, I had to read the ending at least 3 times to tell myself why the Maakas would choose to do that and agree.

The most heart breaking moment though, is watching Anju watch over her onee-chan and her niece. Watching Anju display any type of emotion makes...teary.

In conclusion, even with those heart breaks and confusion, the series overall did everything but disappoint. It made the vampiric world so likable even to the likes of me XD
As much as I wanted a TOTAL happy ending-cliche type for the series, it was a MUCH better ending compare to most manga I've come across (just for the fact that it has an actual ending!~) and, to me, it's a masterpiece :]
Nov 16, 2010 10:15 PM

May 2010
There are so many typical, predictable, happy endings out there. And ones that are tragic for the sake of being tragic.

This gets points from me for sheer originality. And for facing the fact that there aren't always clear-cut solutions to life's problems.

The ending made me cry so hard. And it's very rare for a manga (or anime) to get me to cry.
May 18, 2011 7:18 PM
Jan 2009
the ending kinda left my heart aching cuz i felt really sad that they loved her so much and dat was the ending they come up with. to freakin erase her memories. and the fountain of life thing was pretty good but wth bout her stop blood increasin and something else. i woulda preferred her dying at the end cuz she had so many nosebleeds at least dat would've been more realistic future for vampires and humans. i guess than a happy ending for kenta and such a fake ending. sadly this is the way i feel. very sadly
Jun 10, 2011 1:59 AM

Jun 2011
the ending made me cry for an hour i think i cant believe that her family actually did that to her but i still think it was totally unfair for her family to erase her memory. i mean you could still see your family although it wouldn't be every single day, but at least you would see them at times and you would know that there is someone that will always be there for sure. in the ending she cried because she didn't remember her family i thought that part was messed up. well getting off the sad part of the ending it was pretty hilarious that Ren got a girl pregnant. jajaja
..°*~^noh ss!w !^~*°..
Oct 31, 2011 8:57 PM
Sep 2011
I enjoyed the ending alot. They got married and from the after story extra chapters, it seems like they enjoy a happy life and arent completely poor, more like lower middle class. Even though i am kinda sad about her memory being changed i dont think of it as that sad.
Nov 12, 2011 6:10 AM

Nov 2010
very very bad ending, dam
May 17, 2012 5:15 AM

Jul 2009
why was it important to make her forget it all ? ..... sooner or later she would marry him anyway and they could all be happy .... kinda meh , but I must say this ending was not so bad like some other series ...
Jul 15, 2012 2:15 PM

Mar 2010
Don't like the memory part :(
Aug 19, 2012 2:03 PM

Nov 2009
Horrid ending.
Aug 20, 2012 2:39 PM
Aug 2012
I want continuation, well we can assume that Karin can't be a Pure human, so what about her daughter, Kanon ?

It can be a nice plot for a second manga...
Feb 8, 2013 2:52 PM

Nov 2011
Predictable ending imo but somewhat satisfying. I knew Karin would end it on a note that would be happy and lovey dovey so a marriage would be part of the formula.

Oh and the one-shot ending is kinda funny too. 6/10.
Jun 29, 2013 2:05 PM

Oct 2012
The ending was great and not expectable and I like it! Kinda bittersweet but it brought true happiness for Kenta and Karin's family.

And I like the way how Kanon/Sophia tried to steal her father's kiss in afterstory, hehe ^^ (I guess she can't awaken as Pushuke without that kiss to give her the power Kenta has sealed inside him)

Great run, great manga!
Aug 18, 2013 10:57 PM

Dec 2012
Manga was pretty good. I loved the idea but I felt the plot was poorly executed. I loved Karin's character but I hated most of the others. The ending was sorta deus ex machina, but at least it worked out in the end. I enjoyed the manga but believe that it could have been better. 7/10
"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karin Chapter 12 Discussion

removed-user - Sep 25, 2012

1 by tr25a3 »»
Jun 7, 2020 12:02 PM

Poll: » Karin Chapter 1 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jan 26, 2012

3 by tr25a3 »»
Jun 7, 2020 7:33 AM

Poll: » Karin Chapter 5 Discussion

Kino_no_Tabi - May 19, 2009

4 by orangeskull »»
Mar 1, 2020 12:08 PM

Poll: » Karin Chapter 4 Discussion

jeanfarias - Mar 9, 2012

2 by orangeskull »»
Mar 1, 2020 12:01 PM

Poll: » Karin Chapter 3 Discussion

jeanfarias - Mar 2, 2012

2 by orangeskull »»
Mar 1, 2020 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.