Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2009 5:19 AM

Jan 2008
5th place already, what a joke <.<
Mar 27, 2009 7:49 AM

Jul 2008
Nahaki said:
Itachi-san said:
way too overrated.

^
kikoushi said:
what a joke <.<
Mar 27, 2009 8:18 AM

Nov 2007
5th place? Ok, Clannad AS isn't bad... but seriously? Waaay too high. I wouldn't be complaining if the ending hadn't been so crappy.

KyoAni's Key stuff are ranked like this for me:
Clannad and Air
Clannad AS
Kanon 06

I think Tomoyo Chapter also made the top 30 for a while before dropping.
amayadoriMar 27, 2009 8:21 AM

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Mar 27, 2009 8:20 AM

Jul 2008
People should just accept that a lot of people loves CLANNAD. Majority thinks it's a masterpiece and those who don't are on the minority side. In this world, Majority matters the most.
Mar 27, 2009 8:22 AM

Mar 2008
The real crime here is that it's higher than stuff like Aria, Mushishi, Monster, and Cowboy Bebop.
Oh well, i still liked the show, but not really top 20 material by any account.
Mar 27, 2009 8:41 AM

Jul 2007
kikoushi said:

Okay, now it's pushing Geass levels of absurdity.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Mar 27, 2009 8:53 AM
Mar 2008
wootz top 5!
Go Clannad!
Mar 27, 2009 8:57 AM

Nov 2007
Splitter said:
kikoushi said:

No kidding. I gave R2 an 8 just for the lulz factor, but I was shocked to find out some people seriously like it.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Mar 27, 2009 9:04 AM

Feb 2008
Amaya-no-Hime said:
Splitter said:
kikoushi said:

No kidding. I gave R2 an 8 just for the lulz factor, but I was shocked to find out some people seriously like it.

Strange cause i only gave R2 a 6 for brain-dead characters. I'll bump Clannad ~After Story~ some more after the WS episodes are released.
Mar 27, 2009 9:40 AM

Jul 2008
WOOOOT, 8.94 already ? Clannad ~AS~ was awesome indeed and it's awesome to see how people like it. But I think it deserves that 5th place, but I don't think it should go any further :3

Mar 27, 2009 9:53 AM

Apr 2008
#5 in the ranking?!

This series was indeed successful. Time to aim for a 9 ^^

Mar 27, 2009 10:02 AM
Jul 2018
I give CLANNAD AS a 10 out of 10.
Well there may be better anime out there, but in term of DRAMA genre(or 'Family Theme' or 'Things that make you cry', whatever.), nothing best CLANNAD.

Seriously. Kanon2006 got better quality animation wise (since it was released in HD), but its story pale in comparison to CLANNAD's.

Mar 27, 2009 10:16 AM
Mar 2008
How can this be over Code Geass R2?
Mar 27, 2009 10:35 AM

Oct 2007
I ranked CG R2 10 and this one 9
I think Clannad ~AS~ deserves a high score but above CG R2?
Not with this kind of Ending... sorry that Ending was to easy ... *puff* She is alive, just a imagination what could have happened if she would have died ... too easy :S thats not a 10 in my opinion ^^"
Mar 27, 2009 10:41 AM

Jul 2007
wolflance said:

Well there may be better anime out there, but in term of DRAMA genre(or 'Family Theme' or 'Things that make you cry', whatever.), nothing best CLANNAD.

I still think Air does :|
Mar 27, 2009 10:59 AM
Mar 2008
DragooNick said:
I ranked CG R2 10 and this one 9
I think Clannad ~AS~ deserves a high score but above CG R2?
Not with this kind of Ending... sorry that Ending was to easy ... *puff* She is alive, just a imagination what could have happened if she would have died ... too easy :S thats not a 10 in my opinion ^^"

You didn't understand the ending.
Mar 27, 2009 11:02 AM

Oct 2007
Splitter said:
wolflance said:

I still have to watch Air, but I have to agree till now, there arent many Anime that made me cry, an NOT ONE with this much episodes i had to cry while watching ^^"

Wishy said:

You didn't understand the ending.

... Oo the 24th Episode just proved me that i was understanding it totaly right ;)
He remebers what happened, talks to himself about it and tells it as a revision.
So pls say what am i misunderstanding if even he tells it like i understud it ^^"

If it was really another world [another dimension, whatever] he wouldnt have any Memories about it, it would just have happen different ^^" I discussed the ending with one of my mates too but now after the 24th Epi I am sure I am right .]
DragooNickMar 27, 2009 11:08 AM
Mar 27, 2009 11:19 AM

Oct 2008
I gave it a 10 and I truly believe it deserved it. The story was amazing and so touching. I never cried so many man tears in an anime like I did in this one. I thought this was a perfect conclusion to a wonderful series. Congrats Key on making another wonderful anime! ^_^
Mar 27, 2009 12:39 PM

Mar 2008
wolflance said:

Seriously. Kanon2006 got better quality animation wise (since it was released in HD), but its story pale in comparison to CLANNAD's.

NANA and Honey and Clover demolish Clannad AS and Kanon in the drama genre.

It'd like comparing the dramatic assets of Scorsese's Taxi Driver and something like Transformers.
Mar 27, 2009 1:17 PM

Jul 2007
M_A said:
wolflance said:

It'd like comparing the dramatic assets of Scorsese's Taxi Driver and something like Transformers.
M_A said:
wolflance said:

Hey... I don't care how bad you think Clannad AS and Kanon were, they do NOT deserve to be compared to Transformers!

H&C... yeah, that one is about as realistic as it gets.
Mar 27, 2009 1:50 PM

Jul 2008
Well, the ending told us the both ending choices which are avaible in the GAME. If you just play it over, both Nagisa and Ushio die. If you can collect those lights durings your game, either Nagisa or Ushio won't die. So it all depends how you play n_____n
And I think that those lights were gathered by all characters and their hopes for Tomoya's life getting better and that's why they got another chance to life and they came back five years. Not sure though but that's how I'm thinking and that's what I like. Clannad (~AS~) is one of the best animes I've saw so I think it deserves its place in top five / ten.

Mar 27, 2009 1:59 PM

Mar 2008
Splitter said:
wolflance said:

I second that!

To me AIR > Clannad AS (by a small margin) > Clannad > Kanon 06 > Kanon ----> excluding movies ...

Anyway, this show deserves to be in the top 3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2009 2:07 PM

Sep 2008
So basically people are rating this super high for being the most depressing anime to have ever come out so far? Damn, this world is screwed up. I can't imagine why somebody would WANT to be depressed. haha what a joke...
Mar 27, 2009 2:12 PM
Mar 2008
It's just a touching story, it's easy to make gore stuff, it is NOT easy to make a story which makes you cry several times.
Mar 27, 2009 2:36 PM

Jul 2007
5layer said:
So basically people are rating this super high for being the most depressing anime to have ever come out so far? Damn, this world is screwed up. I can't imagine why somebody would WANT to be depressed. haha what a joke...

I don't think people are rating it so high because it's depressing, but because its genuine. A lot of people can relate to what a lot of the characters feel. The emotion is not simply contrived.
Mar 27, 2009 2:41 PM

Jan 2008
DragooNick said:

... Oo the 24th Episode just proved me that i was understanding it totaly right ;)
He remebers what happened, talks to himself about it and tells it as a revision.
So pls say what am i misunderstanding if even he tells it like i understud it ^^"

If it was really another world [another dimension, whatever] he wouldnt have any Memories about it, it would just have happen different ^^" I discussed the ending with one of my mates too but now after the 24th Epi I am sure I am right .]

Well I think it's a matter of interpretation because the anime does not make the transition the same, like posted above in the game there are 2 possible endings BUT it is required to lose once (have Nagisa die and go through the xp w/ Ushio) because Okazaki needs to save/understand the remaining characters and collect the glimmers (which would not have been possible if Nagisa had survived). So like Air they actually made the transition smoothly but no it wasn't an imagination, if anything it is like a loop back to the past after Okazaki gained a deeper understanding of the city and the people who live in it (as well as the light) as a second chance.
Mar 27, 2009 2:54 PM

Oct 2007
Wishy said:
It's just a touching story, it's easy to make gore stuff, it is NOT easy to make a story which makes you cry several times.

Na aaa good stuff with gore isnt easy made either ^^"
But ya i think its lot more easy than transporting that much emotions to the watchers,
because damn i dont think there is anything with is compareable ^^" afaik ;) I will start watching Air now since some ppl mentioned it as almost as good or even better, I will be expecting much .]

just-away said:

Well I think it's a matter of interpretation because the anime does not make the transition the same, like posted above in the game there are 2 possible endings BUT it is required to lose once (have Nagisa die and go through the xp w/ Ushio) because Okazaki needs to save/understand the remaining characters and collect the glimmers (which would not have been possible if Nagisa had survived). So like Air they actually made the transition smoothly but no it wasn't an imagination, if anything it is like a loop back to the past after Okazaki gained a deeper understanding of the city and the people who live in it (as well as the light) as a second chance.

Ah so the Game seems to be a HUGE background Scource ;)
Ok if you think of the Anime + Game that could be very posible.
But for people just knowing the TV-Serie it just looks like i told,
sure its just my opinion ;) But I think that should have been made bit more
clear if it was intendet to be like this and for me especially with the 24th Episode
sounds like they want it like i wrote ^^"
Bit confusing xD But a Anime which leads to more than 1 interpretating Ending is n1
Because every own Imagination creates an own End which differs from people to people ^___^
Mar 27, 2009 2:59 PM

Sep 2008
DragooNick said:
I will start watching Air now since some ppl mentioned it as almost as good or even better, I will be expecting much
Yes, expect the most shit ending an anime has to offer. Very very few anime have ever had an ending as shit as Air did. I'd recommend you run from it as fast as possible rather than watch it. Theres a reason for why it's the most low rated Key anime you know...
Mar 27, 2009 3:14 PM

Oct 2007
5layer said:
DragooNick said:
I will start watching Air now since some ppl mentioned it as almost as good or even better, I will be expecting much
Yes, expect the most shit ending an anime has to offer. Very very few anime have ever had an ending as shit as Air did. I'd recommend you run from it as fast as possible rather than watch it. Theres a reason for why it's the most low rated Key anime you know...

Because all those other shows are overrated?

My kingdom for a bottle of plum juice!
Mar 27, 2009 3:24 PM

Jul 2007
5layer said:
DragooNick said:

Usually because it's the eyes, or its the ending. Newsflash: Just because a series doesn't end in "happily ever after" doesn't make it a terrible ending. As for the eyes... well, yeah, they are hard to look at, especially after seeing how far KyoAni has come from them.

That said, nothing Clannad AS did topped "Goal!" in emotional impact. Nothing.
Mar 27, 2009 3:32 PM

Mar 2008
wolflance said:
M_A said:
wolflance said:

Hey... I don't care how bad you think Clannad AS and Kanon were, they do NOT deserve to be compared to Transformers!

H&C... yeah, that one is about as realistic as it gets.

What are you talking about? I never once said that AS and Kanon were bad, in fact i liked them both. Doesn't make them top of the genre though. My comparison example wasn't supposed to compare them to transformers but to make an analogy between those shows and the best shows the genre has to offer.
Mar 27, 2009 5:30 PM

Oct 2007
Splitter said:
Just because a series doesn't end in "happily ever after" doesn't make it a terrible ending.

Thats quite a good thing in my opinion, i do not allways like it when the Anime revives all the dead just in the last episode or something like that, its sometimes sad but has to be :/

So maybe Air will be better than Clannad ~AS~ since it just didnt get the 10 because the
Happyend of Clannad ~AS~ was toooo easy accomplished, that wasn expected, i knew a Ending without Happyend would be hard and i couldnt come up with an Imagination, i was so excited and then back everyone alive and bam Happyend o.o" nope that was the thing what made Clannad ~AS~ >9,5 for me :S
Mar 27, 2009 5:38 PM

Dec 2008
Clannad ~After Story~ shouldve been 9 XD... or 9.1.... it was really good...but i kinda liked Clannad better than after story since it was funnier
::: (\(\
*: (=' :') :*
•.. (,('')('')¤°﹒‧°‧° ☆.(¯`•.•´¯)
.°☆ ‧°‧°☆∴° ☆ ¤º… `•.¸.•´ ☆™
Mar 27, 2009 5:53 PM

Mar 2008
DragooNick said:
Splitter said:
Just because a series doesn't end in "happily ever after" doesn't make it a terrible ending.

So maybe Air will be better than Clannad ~AS~ since it just didnt get the 10 because the
Happyend of Clannad ~AS~ was toooo easy accomplished

AIR in a sense does have a happy ending ... but due to the nature of the show, it is a lot more complicated and "deeper" than the other Key series IMO
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2009 6:59 PM

Nov 2007
Overrated? Pretty much every anime on the Top 50 MAL list is overrated. An average rating of anything close to a 9 is ridiculous. That would mean that more people rated the anime a 10 than people who rated it 1-8 combined. It's funny how some people are saying that it's "overrated" yet giving it a 9. You do realize that your score is higher than the average score, no?

The top __ list is just a reference of the general consensus of MAL users, nothing more, nothing less. Personally, I thought it was great and gave it a 9. Given that I played through the game, I'm not as concerned about the rough transitions and such. For me, it's the most moving anime revolving around family, even surpassing Grave of the Fireflies.

Respect that fact that people have different tastes. I can bet my life that if we pull the top 50 anime off any given person's list, every single one of them will be branded as overrated by some people or others.
Mar 28, 2009 12:42 AM

Mar 2009
I know Clannad AS was great but TOP 5??? What a change after the final recap episode was aired! Anyone disagrees?

Mar 28, 2009 12:44 AM

Mar 2008
kaminakun said:
Splitter said:
wolflance said:

I second that!
To me AIR > Clannad AS (by a small margin) > Clannad > Kanon 06 > Kanon ----> excluding movies ...

I third that. Air was a lot better than this in the sense of drama and plot. Clannad talks about idealistic miracles which redeemed an otherwise hopeless man, while Air portrays a miracle which spans over 1000 summers, and the journey to the goal and the goal itself was more touching than anything i've seen in AS. AIR talks about a miracle which is even harder to explain and understand than Clannad, but it feels more realistic than Clannad by far. there are no ideal "happily ever after" endings, but "we've done our best, and we have no regrets". and that is wat reality is like, so pls stop annoying me with "Clannad is life!"

Slayer said:

The main reason it's the lowest rated is because of the art quality. most ppl will watch AIR only after they have watched other more recent animes, and tend to feel that the art is bad, and they just lose interest.
tbh, i watched AIR becoz i didnt like Kanon and Clannad, and didnt want to be bias when discussing Key animes. so I was more or less watching AIR so that i can bash it up and get to the conclusion that Key animes are junk. but it changed my mind, and now it's my favourite drama anime. i'm not sure how u interpreted the ending, but it was the best ending in my opinion. it made me tear up so much more than Clannad ever did.
the only part i really teared up in Clannad was the story about Tomoya's dad. why? because it's the most realistic thing about this anime. and thanks to that, Tomoya has walked down this path which he would not have taken otherwise.
Mar 28, 2009 12:49 AM

Feb 2009
Woot! It definitely deserves it! <3
Mar 28, 2009 1:01 AM

Jun 2008
It's not that the recap was particularly amazing (although it was very good), it's just that a lot of people don't score animes until they're finished airing; this is why you see sudden and drastic changes once the last episode comes out. You could say it was destined to become #5, but that sounds really silly.
Mar 28, 2009 1:30 AM

Nov 2007
lonehunter88 said:
kaminakun said:
Splitter said:
wolflance said:

I second that!

I third that. Air was a lot better than this in the sense of drama and plot. Clannad talks about idealistic miracles which redeemed an otherwise hopeless man, while Air portrays a miracle which spans over 1000 summers, and the journey to the goal and the goal itself was more touching than anything i've seen in AS. AIR talks about a miracle which is even harder to explain and understand than Clannad, but it feels more realistic than Clannad by far. there are no ideal "happily ever after" endings, but "we've done our best, and we have no regrets". and that is wat reality is like, so pls stop annoying me with "Clannad is life!"

Yes, I completely agree about Air. Great anime, and the most emotional of all Key's works so far.

Mar 28, 2009 1:52 AM
Apr 2008
Great series deserve great scores. simple as that. no surprise at the fact that the show got a high score by many viewers.
Mar 28, 2009 2:00 AM

Dec 2008
I think that Clannad AS deserves this score, regardless of how some people believe differently, guess they just can't admit to the fact that it's better than Kanon or they're just too loyal to Kanon lol. Oh well! This isn't the battle of Animes, everyone has their own opinion and are entitled to it.

Personally, I loved Clannad AS & I am most interested in the After Story part of most Anime, the events riding up to the actual pairing is kind of annoying after the 6th-7th time watching it.

I also believe it's much better than Kanon, sure it's not perfect, I think out of the whole series of Clannad AS, just one episode was a little off, the rest of the episodes; I thoroughly enjoyed and always looked forward to it every week.

~Abs
Mar 28, 2009 2:54 AM

Jul 2008
You know what. To me it's still under-rated. It should be in top1!!
But... oh well... I can live with top5. :D

But seriously. Why is everyone making such an issue out of this? Why cant we all just accept that majority of the CLANNAD viewers thought that AS is a masterpiece. Seriously, this is pretty bothersome.
alpha69Mar 28, 2009 2:58 AM
Mar 28, 2009 2:57 AM

Jan 2009
If Code Geass R2 can be #7 then this isn't too outrageous.
Mar 28, 2009 3:01 AM
Mar 2008
It's deserved, period.
Mar 28, 2009 3:29 AM
Jun 2008
For being as emotional as Air and nearly getting a 10/10 from me, I can honestly say that in my opinion it fully deserves to be in the top 5 and even more so than any of the other top 5, again in my opinion. Absolute quality is this series summed up in two words.
Mar 28, 2009 3:33 AM
Mar 28, 2009 4:25 AM

Mar 2008
i'm not denying the fact that Clannad AS has captivated many hearts and made many ppl shed tears. it deserves a high score from individuals who found it touching and all.

i'm just asking everyone to consider the voices of those who didnt enjoy it as much, and hear our opinions as well. it's really annoying when someone concludes that "this series is the best and anyone who doesnt like it is emotionless" or something like that.

about the ranking and score, i'm just going to say this one last time. the members for AS is about half of the members for Clannad, which means that the majority who are watching AS are fans of Clannad who fairly liked the first season, so those who didn't like the first season who probably gave it a 6 or 7 wouldnt be watching and scoring AS.
in comparison, R2 has 3/4 members of CG, and the scores have a .05 difference. so u tell me which looks more reasonable statiscally
Mar 28, 2009 5:13 AM

Jul 2008
You should also consider those who waited for AS to actually finish airing before they start watching and those waiting for WS to finish releasing AND the fact it just finished. I've met a lot of people who are like this.

And if you're talking about members now. There's a few there within the top 20 that has even less than 5000 members (Ippo 2 and Aria Origination)

In the end, we should just give it more time since it just finished airing. If a year or two pass and it still stays inside the top10. That's when everything will be settled.
alpha69Mar 28, 2009 5:16 AM
Mar 28, 2009 5:50 AM

Mar 2008
like i said, i'm not denying that there are many people who love AS. i'm sure there are many who would say it out loud. but those who dont really enjoy it usually won't even care to talk about it. but that doesnt mean u can deny them just because they dont voice out their opinions.

The MAL scoring system is based on a formula which weighs the number of members as well as the mean score. i dont know how reliable it may be until i see the correct statistics, but it doesnt always mean that it's easier to get a better score with less members, scoring it at average scores. actually, it's easier to get better scores when there are more members for the anime. check the scoring formula at the bottom of the top anime page.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.