Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 19, 2009 1:04 AM

Aug 2007
If you plan on playing the game, don't ready any further. I pulled almost all of this info from the game/wikki.

There are three separate possible endings in the game. I took info that pertains mostly to the anime (which was directed to be a combination of all 3 story lines). Also, I'll only talk about Shiro and Saber, since the ending of the anime basically shows an unhappy ending for two great characters.

One last note: I didn't make anything up, this is just a complitation of information. I left out a lot of details, but the point of this post is to get out the full ending.

Shiro's "full" story:

-Shiro becomes Archer later in his life.
-Basically, in the end of the anime, Shiro says hes going to sets his sights high, so high that he can one day be with Saber. This is exactly what he did.
-Long story short, Shiro becomes a bad ass savior of the people. On one occasion, Shiro is unable to save a bunch of people from dying. In order to save them, he makes a deal with the "world". In exchange for the guys lives that are about to die, he is bound to be a "Counter Gaurdian". He becomes a spirit that saves the world from disasters.
-This might seem like a dream come true for a selfless guy like Shiro, but basically what he ends up doing is killing people who are planning to kill a bunch more people. He doesn't like killing people, but he's forced to do it to save more people.
-Archer spends countless years as a counter guardian.
-Shiro/Archer gets sick of the situation he put himself into. He places his hopes in the chance that he'll get summoned back in the past as a "servant" so he can disrupt the time continuum. Luckily, he gets summoned back in time to participate in the fifth holy grail war as a servant of Rin. His plan is to kill his younger self so that he doesn't have to go through being a "Counter Guardian".
-When the opportunity came up, Archer/Shiro couldn't do it, seeing his old self reminded him of his desire to save lives.

Before the actual ending, we have to see what happens to Saber.

Saber's side:
-As we saw in the anime, she gets thrown back in her world as her original self, "Arturia Pendragon". aka king arthur.
-At this point she was already wounded from a battle and about to die.
-According to the game's secret ending, Saber/Arthur's magician Merlin offers her two choices.
-She can either choose to die now and enter "Avalon", the much deserved heaven like place made for this selfless hero. OR, she can wait in a "death-like" sleep for her lover, Shiro. Merlin says that there is no guarantee that Shiro will ever come back for her, but Saber insists on waiting for him for what could be an eternity.

Now for the complete ending:

-Because of Shiro's relentless selflessness, he breaks free from his role as a Counter Gaurdian.
-Shiro is welcomed into what seems to be"Avalon", which is reserved for only True Heroes (aka Shiro and Saber).
-Shiro, at first, doesn't know where he is. Suddenly, he turns around and sees Saber who says "welcome home" :)

A really great ending for two of the most selfless characters in anime history.

PM me if you want the link to this video game secret ending.

[edit: I've gotten a bunch of PMs asking for the video link of the end with english dub. As far as I know, it hasn't been dubbed. The only link I have is for the original Japanese version. Sorry guys]
ObersMar 23, 2009 9:36 PM
Mar 19, 2009 5:10 AM

Apr 2008
In the Archer fanclub we kinda found out that Fate Shirou didn't become Archer.
But that Shirou in becomes Archer in the route of his litle sister. "Shirou Emiya hardens his mind and becomes a hero of justice" Bad End....

Anywayz I looked for the secret ending but couldn't find it on youtube (not with subs).
So I'm gonna send you a pm!
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Mar 19, 2009 6:50 AM

Jun 2008
Obby said:
A really great ending for two of the most selfless characters in anime history.

Oh blah.

Just... just...

Nevermind. Raging too much is bad for your health.
Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Mar 19, 2009 7:18 AM

Mar 2007
turkeymeister said:
Mar 19, 2009 11:54 AM

Aug 2007
Sobzob said:
turkeymeister said:

wuss.
Mar 23, 2009 3:09 PM

Apr 2007
Did you play the visual novel or are you just retarded?
Mar 23, 2009 5:42 PM

Aug 2007
let me ask u a question. Did you play the visual novel or are you just retarded?

thanks for reading the post. next time, read the post. thx
Jul 15, 2009 2:45 PM

Oct 2008
Remus_Lupa said:
But that Shirou in becomes Archer in the route of his litle sister. "Shirou Emiya hardens his mind and becomes a hero of justice" Bad End....

Archer..

That's actually the bad ending, huh...
Apr 25, 2012 9:28 PM
Dec 2011
i wished that they would make it a happy ending, but sadly, they did not.

i kind of hope they make a sequel after the prequel....
Jul 7, 2015 12:16 PM
Jul 2015
I do believe that's is the true ending because if you read and see the anime, there are three different routes. Now the true storyline fall in all 3 route combine. the beginning of the story starts all the same till the part will shiro summon saber. on that point on, that's where the three route split to different ending. Now. if you remember that first route, the first time he saw saber, he fall for her. that is the key. If Shiro never fell for her on the first play then he will become Archer. Now there is the saying of "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it". that why archer doesn't remember is past. Now, The create say is up to us how we take the storyline of fate/stay night. if choose that shiro never fell for saber, it a repeat of history that will lead him to be archer. But if you choose that shiro did fell for saber, that's when everything changes, and history doesn't repeat it's self.
Jul 7, 2015 12:23 PM

Aug 2014
No.
Jul 7, 2015 12:25 PM

Feb 2015
I don't even...
Jul 7, 2015 12:45 PM

Apr 2015
Why would you post this.
Jul 27, 2017 8:31 PM
Jul 2017
I think the first fate route that's the true ending of anime fate/stay night is the most appealing ending. Cause there's a love which is going to last for entire enternity, though it is painful.I am still heartbroken about the ending,more about saber when she said "will I really be able to continue my dream". That was the moment when I actually cried.
Jun 2, 2019 7:41 AM

Sep 2012
RAHUL_DHERE said:
I think the first fate route that's the true ending of anime fate/stay night is the most appealing ending. Cause there's a love which is going to last for entire enternity, though it is painful.I am still heartbroken about the ending,more about saber when she said "will I really be able to continue my dream". That was the moment when I actually cried.

this was certainly painful, in the anime it remains so bittersweet, but knowing the VN secret ending/true ending, it makes me sleep better at night lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » This or Unlimited Blade Works

Fukoku - Today

10 by Rahat_Dpi »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ruzgfpegk - Jul 3, 2008

135 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 7, 8:25 AM

» Zero or Unlimited Blade Works

infinite_Shadows - Feb 15

16 by Law_of_Cycles »»
Feb 24, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

136 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

WinterNightsFall - Jul 31, 2008

585 by AnimeSanctum »»
Feb 9, 8:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.