Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2009 5:58 PM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The amount of slappings in this show is mind-blowing. I'm kind of used to the "hysterical woman getting a slap" like in many other 80s shows, but damn... everybody is beating the hell out of each other in this one. It is awesome.
Then again they deserved it most of the time - I stopped counting how often Kamille & Co took a Gundam without permission.

Anyway, so far this is still one of the better Gundam shows I've seen. Actually only second to The 08th MS Team.

I don't know karate, but I know karazy
Oct 17, 2009 9:52 PM

Feb 2009
Finally the Zeta Gundam! Oh and finally Amuro gets a Mobile Armour.
Jan 4, 2010 11:36 PM

Jul 2008
all right, zeta's first real battle, nice!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 1, 2010 10:02 AM

May 2008
Zeta Gundam is great, really liked the battle~
Emma slapped Fa twice, lol, she's going overboard~ Poor girl~
Aug 16, 2010 1:46 AM

Sep 2009
And the Zeta became even sexier.
That faceplate...mreoow.
Jan 8, 2011 2:19 PM

Aug 2009
Mmmmmmm, the Zeta Gundam is yummy
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 26, 2011 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
I like these scifi settings where the machine's ability is dictated by its pimpness.
Nov 20, 2011 3:05 PM

Jun 2008
Zeta looks great, the most beautiful mobile suit so far
but where is Char? ;_; he is a main character!
Dec 13, 2011 6:32 PM

Jun 2009
I didn't like this episode much at all. The idea of Fa suddenly becoming a pilot is mind boggingly stupid. At least kamille had experience as a pilot before hand, but she has nothing at all. How much time passed while he was on earth?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 27, 2013 11:30 AM
Apr 2008
insan3soldiern said:
I didn't like this episode much at all. The idea of Fa suddenly becoming a pilot is mind boggingly stupid. At least kamille had experience as a pilot before hand, but she has nothing at all. How much time passed while he was on earth?

Well, Captain Bright did hint at the fact that she is a Newtype. Her becoming a pilot is not as far-fetched as you may think. Also, she supposedly had a decent amount of training as a pilot, though no actual experience in live battle.
May 16, 2013 5:37 PM

Nov 2011
"Von Brown" kills me every time I hear it in the dub. Von Brown City.
Nov 4, 2013 9:57 PM

Sep 2008
That battle was quite uneventful. They battled something like 5 minutes and only one person died. They really need to learn how to shoot. :O

That commander is playing Jerid like a piano. I wonder how long until Jerid gets himself killed.

Oh, and slapfest continues. Nothing new on the western front.
Jan 21, 2014 11:58 AM
May 2013
Sabinlerose said:
That faceplate...mreoow.
Feb 3, 2014 8:55 PM
Aug 2011
Several females battling here which is great but what the fuck is wrong with Fa?

I'm with Emma here and if I was her I would have slapped Fa once more.
She's just being incredibly irresponsible and stupid about everything, it was so frustrating.
Feb 15, 2014 9:11 PM

Oct 2013
Sabinlerose said:
That faceplate...mreoow.

The preview, Ch.. Quattro!
Jul 4, 2014 11:46 PM

Jul 2009
Another amazing episode!!!

Did anyone saw that Fa's panties when she hold onto the lever to move forward?? Yellow Panties!!

Though why us her skirt so short o__O

I don't mind Fa being a pilot. She seems to have the determination like what Kamille had during the first few episodes.

And why does Emma hate being Kamille's Mother?? Does she want to become a lover instead? :P

Zeta Gundam looking sexy as hell!! Though we didn't see any cool moves or anything yet, so i guess their saving it for future episodes.

So Siddeley and Sarah are the new Newtypes yet Siddeley got owned pretty quickly! It seems Sarah left Jerid first despite being a low rank official.

Damn Fa got slapped twice!!! Seeing her reminds me of Kamille in the first few episodes. Thinking they can do what they want just like that.

Funny how Kamille is now the spectator this time around.

So Henken is making a move on Emma!?! You'll lose your chance now Kamille!!

Can't wait for the next episode!!
May 31, 2015 5:09 PM

Nov 2013
Wait, Kamille has a mother complex? Is that why he jumps from one girl to another?
Aug 4, 2015 3:43 AM

Mar 2013
That Zeta Gundam is beautiful. So I suppose Kamille will not use the Mk II anymore it's a bit sad
Aug 31, 2015 10:21 PM

Nov 2011
Fa becoming a pilot doesn't seem that far-fetched to me, especially if she ends up being a newtype. The training she's had so far should be enough to justify her (still mostly-poor) performance in battle.

I like how Jerid excused Kamille's victory with the new Zeta Gundam when he himself is using cutting-edge technology. Keep telling yourself it's just the mobile suits, Jerid.

Scriocco might be the most interesting antagonist since Char. The general air he has seems different from most of the antagonists, and his manipulation of Jerid is noteworthy as well. I hope we see more of him going forward.

Edit: Grammar
TripleSRankAug 8, 2016 6:46 PM
Feb 15, 2016 12:12 AM

Jul 2013
Of course we need more slapping. Everyone gets at least 1 or 2 slaps in this series, and it's always entertaining to watch.
Apr 16, 2016 3:23 AM

Dec 2015
An Œdipus complex toward a "big sister" type o_o
I thought Camille was more attracted toward the mature Reccoa than the "warmer" Emma (who never gave me the impression of a motherly relationship between them). At least it confirms she isn't into him. (uff...)
The gift was very unexpected for me, it seems like a dumb addition with no preparation. Hope it does'nt become a bigger matter.
The hero wants to preserve intact what represents his life before he entered the conflict. I can understand that, but seeing Fa decided to take action is good (despite how bad the actions look like).

The ship will have a collection of unique advanced mobile suits... May they not be 10 000times superior to the Titans toys.

Nice to see Jerid have regrets about a young life he lost. This gives also some insight on the cunning Scirocco. (this man has an unpleasant aura, like no one before in this chronology)

4/5
Rei_IIIApr 16, 2016 3:49 AM
May 31, 2016 12:02 AM

May 2016
Rei366 said:
An Œdipus complex toward a "big sister" type o_o
I thought Camille was more attracted toward the mature Reccoa than the "warmer" Emma (who never gave me the impression of a motherly relationship between them). At least it confirms she isn't into him. (uff...)
The gift was very unexpected for me, it seems like a dumb addition with no preparation. Hope it does'nt become a bigger matter.
The hero wants to preserve intact what represents his life before he entered the conflict. I can understand that, but seeing Fa decided to take action is good (despite how bad the actions look like).

The ship will have a collection of unique advanced mobile suits... May they not be 10 000times superior to the Titans toys.

Nice to see Jerid have regrets about a young life he lost. This gives also some insight on the cunning Scirocco. (this man has an unpleasant aura, like no one before in this chronology)

4/5

Actually Jerid just sent two recruits to die because of wounded pride. If I was the pink-haired girl I'd absolutely refuse to serve under his command again. I have to agree with Scirocco here - he had no reason to fight, and could have escaped sooner. If he's supposed to be his side's most sympathetic character then the Titans really are morally bankrupt. The little regret Jerid showed has more to do with his failure than the fact that a life was lost under his command for no reason.

Of course, Scirocco is also at fault for this one. He just let that girl die because her superior made a mistake. That is, however, something that I expected from him.

In an unrelated note, this episode's animation could be better. There were some really weird shots and off-model characters, enough to be distracting. This, for example...

...is something that really shouldn't happen considering how much more expensive Zeta Gundam supposedly was to make than MSG and how good some battle scenes look.

By the way, why did they write 眼 instead of 目 in the title? Isn't that supposed to be the medical term?
Lease_of_LifeMay 31, 2016 12:45 AM
"I will become his world and will make him my world" - You really should know who said this.

"Firing at unarmed citizens is a feat that those without courage and a chivalrous spirit simply cannot accomplish." - Oskar von Reuenthal

"No way Spirited Away is better than Akira. NO WAY." - Kanye West
May 31, 2016 12:50 AM

Dec 2015
@Lease_of_Life You're right about Jerid, seeing how he continues to behave.
Nov 1, 2016 9:32 PM

Jun 2013
Thank God Emma slapped some sense into Fa, she was really beginning to grate on my nerves.
Nov 2, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
Oh! Oh! Finally comes the Gumdam Z, at first glance, it's not that I like so much. So in this age, the technological superiority provides for the Mobile Armor to be the spearhead. Narrative that gives much information, well!
Feb 28, 2017 6:46 PM

May 2012
Another quite lovely and intense episode! Let's find out what the next episode has to offer!
May 6, 2017 6:23 AM

Apr 2016
Fa: I apologize for my recklessness but as we all know, humans are based on emotions.
Emma: *slap* BITCH!!! Your petty emotions can't take out a battleship!
Me:
Aug 20, 2017 7:04 PM

Jul 2016
Wow.. this episode. It was a bunch of petulant high schoolers with emotional problems that go beyond just being an adolescent, but to an almost personality disorder level.

Kamille is warming up to Fa (even after he loses Four, who he poured his heart out to), then suddenly Fa is being a dick to Kamille.. then when Fa is going to apologize, Kamille is the dick. Yes, people do act this way, but at least present this in a entertaining way. Then Emma suddenly becomes a massive dick and slaps Fa.. what? Where the hell did that come from? Possibly because she likes Kamille, which might be the cause with her reaction when she spotted Kamille hugging Fa.. but then if that is the cause.. where did those feelings even come from?

Rough episode, yo :).

mshea1213Aug 20, 2017 7:11 PM
Nov 23, 2017 10:06 PM
Aug 2017
Zeta Gundam! Son of RX White Gundam!
Jan 17, 2018 11:44 AM

May 2015
23 Episode and Jerid still acts the same way (a sore looser) at least Kamille has shown some glimpses of improvements in terms of absorbing what it means to be a soldier in some of the episodes that I watched, I said this because he was presented with some ambitions (be the top dog) and he is not acting like a person who has those motives in his mind… I hope from here onwards this cat gets better if not I hope he gets axed.

mshea1213 said:
Wow.. this episode. It was a bunch of petulant high schoolers with emotional problems that go beyond just being an adolescent, but to an almost personality disorder level.

Kamille is warming up to Fa (even after he loses Four, who he poured his heart out to), then suddenly Fa is being a dick to Kamille.. then when Fa is going to apologize, Kamille is the dick. Yes, people do act this way, but at least present this in a entertaining way. Then Emma suddenly becomes a massive dick and slaps Fa.. what? Where the hell did that come from? Possibly because she likes Kamille, which might be the cause with her reaction when she spotted Kamille hugging Fa.. but then if that is the cause.. where did those feelings even come from?
This...
Jan 19, 2018 7:50 PM

Feb 2012
I think the best sign of how poor the characterization is in this anime is the fact I care more about Jared than anyone else. I was hoping he would get at kill one unimportant AEUG pilot to establish that he is still a threat. I also can't fault him too much for the actions he took. Attacking the two mobile armors was a good decision because he had surprise and numbers. Even attacking into the enemy reinforcements wasn't a bad decision; initial aggression is a great way to put the enemy off balance and allow a withdraw. I also liked how Jared even owned up to his mistakes twice in the episode.

Kamille Bidan Kill Count:
1 Marasai Kill this episode
29 Kills total
Sep 15, 2019 1:29 PM

Apr 2014
finally the new gundam is here and that titan guy saying he was saved because of the new gundam is funny cause didnt he almost win because he had a new model? lol not to mention he was power tripping this ep since he was put in charge of those 2 pilots but even so i feel he'll be around though pretty much all of Zeta if not stay alive which sucks cause i really dont like him

also it seems like Emma was waiting to hit Fa lol but at the same time Fa could have been killed so yeah

things are getting so good
"one step at a time"
Jun 3, 2020 3:51 PM

Aug 2017
Scirocco acts so pleasantly towards his pilots that I'm scared what he can actually accomplish. Zeta Gundam is cool, the first transforming model of AEUG.

We also got a new eyecatch and Bright ranting about Kamille while eating a hamburger.
Nov 15, 2020 11:45 AM

Nov 2018
The female characters in this series are just so damn beautiful I love them all goddamit!!!
Feb 9, 2021 8:32 AM

Aug 2017
I like how everyone was fighting and only 1 person died lol.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 18, 2021 4:36 AM

Oct 2012
Jerid just went for a suicide mission for no reason, lol.

Wish the Zeta Gundam was celebrated a bit more. We all waited for it and now it just arrived without much care it feels like.
Oct 23, 2021 5:39 PM

Feb 2017
The Mark II looked cooler in the bumper clip than the Zeta does now.

Aug 10, 2022 6:06 AM

Jul 2014
Fa has become an entirely different character now, and it all happened entirely offscreen. But what did I expect? It's clear from my Gundam-watching experience so far that Tomino cannot write a non-terrible romance to save his life, with pretty much every one he's written in the Gundam I've watched so far being an active detriment to the rest of the show: the brief Four x Kamille plotline was the closest I've seen so far to a good Gundam romance, but that was basically disregarded within just short of an episode of her death with Fa's return.
Aug 24, 2023 1:00 PM

Jul 2017
all the slapping thing has become really annoiyng
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Jun 6, 2008

92 by ChiisuNoYo »»
Apr 15, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 37 Discussion

Beatnik - Jul 4, 2008

41 by p13gu »»
Mar 26, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Jun 9, 2008

73 by Dane-se »»
Feb 7, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 47 Discussion

Veethorn - Oct 20, 2009

44 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 25, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 27 Discussion

MrHatandClogs - May 27, 2009

38 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Jan 21, 5:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.