Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2009 1:09 AM
Jul 2007
Ouch. People are harsh. Umm, I'll agree on the cheesiness of the ending. Seriously, dude? Running away? This anime was epic all throughout it, and then it's going to end like this? I hope they seriously reconsider.

Anyone else wondering whether they at least had the courtesy to give Ami back the key to her villa? LOL.

But uhh... yeah, they need to go back and finish school and then go to university or else their lives are gonna suck. But then again, it feels like this is a race to how romantic this can be while ignoring any reality of a shitty future. Maybe Taiga will pop up pregnant next episode (and still we won't get a proper kiss)! *giggles*
Mar 20, 2009 1:14 AM

Feb 2008
I honestly don't know whether this episode was good or not. It just felt way too damn rushed, this episode could have been split into two or three. Also the whole eloping/marriage thing seemed like an incredibly stupid thing to do. Felt really cheesy. The whole episode was just weird.

We'll see how the last episode is, but I almost brought this to a 7 after after this one.
Mar 20, 2009 1:20 AM
Feb 2009
OtakuTeen said:
yeah i'm going to have have to go back and watch this episode again cause:
1: I just got through watching some shitty subs (cgs)
&
2: I didn't understand half of the crap that was going on in that episode because of how everything was so rushed. I mean we start off with them chasing after taiga who just bolted out the classroom and then all the sudden taiga x ryuuji are getting married/eloping? wtf!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

My thoughts exactly. A Huge WTF all around.

The scene where Yu-chan and Taiga's mom are there is seriously screwed over in the subs. Whats with the 3rd person dialogue ? Even in english, those sentences dont even make sense! Its rubbish.

Can someone explain what in god's name is actually going on in the episode ? How does giving V-day chocolates turn into eloping and getting married in 10 screen mins?
MPAMar 20, 2009 1:25 AM
Mar 20, 2009 1:29 AM

Nov 2007
Awesome episode, but what's with he ending scene, I thought Kawashima left them the keys to her villa yet he went to his grandparents? Although this could just be to get their approval or something, but if it's going to end in one episode I have no idea how they're going to do it.
Mar 20, 2009 1:35 AM
Feb 2009
Tango337 said:

That's their problem for not being able to piece symbolism and metaphor together a little bit more adeptly and confusing this show for a harem. Ryuuji and taigas feelings are not exactly obscure, you just need to connect the dots, there's a difference between a silly crush and deep love. In the light novel, your entire "picture" of them is in words and from the start its clear as day who he truly loves from his monologues, same for taiga. In the anime, it's a little bit more gradual but there are plenty of other cues, like facial expressions, tone of voice, body language, symbolic imagery, musical cues, and so on that many people seem to miss especially shippers since they seem to be so focused on one god damn character and nothing else. If you connect the dots, there is only one reasonable answer, and there has been all along. They also use the argument of "cliche" or predictable. Sure the ending may be predictable, the entire story is mostly focused around taiga and ryuujis relationship together afterall, but a story does not need to do something innovative to be good, it simply needs to be well executed, originality is overrated. The rush of fitting 10 novels into 25 episodes is taking its toll on this though.

Wrong. The anime portrayed it to be some kind of love quad with Taiga and Ryuuji having some bizarre familial relationship. I mean you can care deeply for somebody and not want to sleep with them even if they are of the opposite sex. The anime conveyed that kind of relationship. And now suddenly, in a span of about 10 mins without any meaningful dialog they go from their strange relationship to marriage. Not toe mention some freaky outburst at their mothers which is still incomprehensible. It is a totally illogical plot development that sold the viewers on some mature drama but delivered a pile of pubescent crap. Somehow I feel I've been duped and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Mar 20, 2009 1:38 AM

Jan 2008
I feel like they're rushing it a bit. But it's all cool seeing as how they got their homies to back them up.

MinorinxAmi anyone? <3
Mar 20, 2009 1:40 AM

Jan 2009
Fucking Ryuuji made Yasuuko cry. Anyway kinda childish what he did there... about running with taiga to nowhere, and without thinking what he did to his mom, what kind of mature decition is that? *Sighs*. Next ep? I see a non-Taiga/Ryuuji Ending. He comes back to his old house (thats what its seems).

CGS subs its like permanent diarrea, never try them. I just saw 5 mins of them and then i officially droped the episode. Had to wait till CoalGuys subs finished with the episode.

So many stuff happened on this episode, i felt like they were rushing it.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Mar 20, 2009 1:52 AM

May 2008
This is a Toradora! sandwich.
It is made of WTF and facepalm.
Mar 20, 2009 1:59 AM

Jan 2009
Ruzgfpegk said:
This is a Toradora! sandwich.
It is made of WTF and facepalm.
Forgot the Facedesktop?

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Mar 20, 2009 2:05 AM

Nov 2007
yeah... I di9dn't understand any of it.

it was all going too fast. First they were awkward with each other, then they were dating... THEN THEY ARE MARRIED!?

wtf. I was hoping some kind of good ending, one more episode to go. ;;

Mar 20, 2009 2:22 AM
Sep 2008
err.. this was really unexpected turn of events. As MPA said, the whole anime conveyed the feeling of friendship between them and now he proposed her a marriage out of the blue ?! I mean they weren't even dating (or maybe they were in some strange way lol) . Needless to say that the decision to run away was super stupid. I hope they will somehow fix things up in the last episode cause as a whole the anime was awesome but this last episode ruined it a bit .

By the way, Ryuuji x Ami FTW!
Mar 20, 2009 2:29 AM

Oct 2008
Wow ... i'm just not sure what to think of that episode yet. Super rushed, ridiculous plan to run away and get married, and just a big bag of wtf mixed in with it. I can honestly say that I don't like where the last 2 episodes have gone. *sigh* to many animes end up with a shitty ending that end up ruining most of the anime for me. I really hope the last episode can fix everything they have done.
Mar 20, 2009 2:34 AM

Aug 2008
hazelnutman said:
lol CGS subs.

*puke*
Mar 20, 2009 2:53 AM

Jan 2008
minsk said:
Did i misread something later in the episode, but when taiga and ryuuji were on the train she mentioned something about a
could jsut be lack of attention/CGS subs toward the end though :3

Eh, I noticed that too... Maybe the subs were incorrect or maybe
We're all insane
Mar 20, 2009 3:07 AM

Jul 2008
minsk said:
Did i misread something later in the episode, but when taiga and ryuuji were on the train she mentioned something about a

I thought she meant along with Yasuko...I'm not really sure. I feel like I missed half of the episode because of bad subs. Anyway, I'm kind of liking this Minori/Ami duo. On the other hand, I'm not feeling this ~*running away bsns*~. Really. Toradora?
cabaretMar 20, 2009 3:10 AM
Mar 20, 2009 3:07 AM
Aug 2008
3 words. What the fuck?

Can someone please PM me a summary of what the fuck just happened that episode. Im completely lost and don't get it at all...
Mar 20, 2009 3:17 AM
Jul 2007
minsk said:

In an earlier episode, Ryuuji's mum said that they really felt like a family... all three of them. That's what they were alluding to.

But uhh... agreed all around on the WTFs with their mums and then the sudden urge to run away. I really don't get why they're running away. That's my biggest issue. Where did Ryuuji's sudden issue with his mum come from? And what's the sudden thing with Taiga and her parents? Is she broke now because her dad's business bombed or what?

Honestly, I don't care. It's an awesome anime with a WTF ending.

Also agreeing on their relationship developing out of the blue. I agree that Taiga and Ryuuji's relationship was meant to happen, but at least we got to see how Taiga fell for Ryuuji and how she got over Kitamura. It was only, like, a freaking day ago it feels like that Ryuuji ALLEGEDLY liked Minori.

And how does a three-day-old like turn into love?
Mar 20, 2009 3:17 AM
Jul 2018
Maybe I'm taking liberties with the interpretation, but I got the impression that the running away and marriage were supposed to be seen as childish and wtf by the viewer, they're insanely impulsive acts, and even their friends don't understand why they're doing it. Ryuuji himself said that he was still a child, and when he read the letter from Yasuko and comes to the conclusion that she's run away (just as he is about to) he describes her as "such a child!" (CoalGuy subs).

I might be wrong though

(Edited to finish one of my points)
Mar 20, 2009 3:31 AM

Feb 2008
Between the sudden marriage proposal, jumping off bridges, and excessively generous friends, the most unbelievable moment of this episode was what ryuuji said to his mother.

Ryuuji fails at life for that. Seriously.
Mar 20, 2009 3:32 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
well that was weird. glad this is almost over.
p r o f i l e 👀
Mar 20, 2009 3:37 AM
Jan 2009
like everybody says its abit too fast.... and Ryuuji proposing taiga was really a bad ending.... the rpevious starting episode is much better than this.... but i think they ar not going to tun away cause at the end Ryuuji realise that what they are doing (running away) is a childish act... what i guess is that in the last episode they goin to do something to face up to their problems.....
Mar 20, 2009 3:42 AM

Nov 2007
Amazing episode! I loved it! Maybe one of the best episodes! This is imo turning out to a GREAT ending!
Mar 20, 2009 3:58 AM

Oct 2008
Naruleach said:
well that was weird. glad this is almost over.

I agree. Some scenes were just random.
Why did she push him off the bridge? -_-
Mar 20, 2009 4:25 AM

Jul 2008
I would have liked a few episodes of relationship instead of the sudden realization that was displayed in this episode, but it's all good; I still found myself smiling at the end of the episode. I was kind of disappointing in the 'Ami needing to hear it from him' part. Their relationship wasn't developed enough for me to truly believe that they could have had something.
Mar 20, 2009 4:44 AM

Sep 2008
Seriously what the hell was that?? this series was perfect for the first 21 episodes but the past 4 have been so badly written. But this one was the worst by far. The fact the developed a romance for those first 21 episodes and just made it magically switch in the last few was annoying enough. This series was so natural before, i could relate to it. There was situations that i had been pretty much the same in. This series has had so many chances to pull of cliches and it didn't. it always proved to do something unique and realistic but the whole taiga ending is just a massive cliche itself.

Well to my rant actually about this episode. Firstly i've lost quite a bit of respect for taiga and ryuji. i mean they make them seem like the good people but really they are the opposite. i mean the way they treated their mothers was shocking. The fact they just ditched all their friends for their selfishness. and then the fact that they want to get married?? this series just got way to unrealistic in one episode. it was ridiculous.

'sigh' i originally hoped for an ami ending early on because she really suited ryuji the best by far but i realised by a point that it was just not gonna happen. I always liked minorin and the fact we knew both ryuji and her liked each other made it seem so possible. i was supporting it for such a long time now just to see ryuji 'discover' these feelings for taiga. Just seems stupid to me. uhg theres plenty more i can rant about here, im sure of it.
Mar 20, 2009 4:44 AM

Nov 2008
WOW! Amazing. I love irrational romantic decisions, they make great stories.

This is all looking to be a highly predictable ending. Poor Minorin. I wonder if in the next episode Ami will get upset, it seems she is overdue a breakdown - either that or she's already over it/has no emotions.
Get a life and stop reading my signature...
Mar 20, 2009 4:45 AM

Sep 2008
"In 2009, in a survey asking its respondents "which manga do you think is the most interesting?" in a pool of 6000, Kuso Miso Technique came at 11th, beating popular manga such as Gintama and Detective Conan." Wiki
Mar 20, 2009 4:53 AM
Dec 2008
ha. love it. rushed teenager decisions ftw. i feel bad for you if you didnt see this coming!
Mar 20, 2009 5:00 AM

Oct 2008
I'm in total agreement with velcom here ... just wtf happened to this show. It proved me wrong time and time again (in a good way, by not be a stereotypical comedy/drama show), then out of nowhere they decide to toss the first 22eps aside and say, wth, lets be dumb and see how much we can fuxx up the ending. I am pulling for the School Days ending now ... c'mon Ami start hacking some people up!
Mar 20, 2009 5:20 AM

Sep 2008
CrazyOtaku said:
I'm in total agreement with velcom here ... just wtf happened to this show. It proved me wrong time and time again (in a good way, by not be a stereotypical comedy/drama show), then out of nowhere they decide to toss the first 22eps aside and say, wth, lets be dumb and see how much we can fuxx up the ending. I am pulling for the School Days ending now ... c'mon Ami start hacking some people up!

i'm glad someone agrees, i mean pretty much the first 21 episodes of this show was a utter waste of time for the romance plot. the reason being that there was no development at all in a ryuji and taiga romance before then. And when people keep saying 'but it was obvious from the beginning' it really annoys me because it wasen't. the series has been very misleading. i really thought this series would avoid the typical romance ending because of the way it handled it. i was sadly proven wrong :(
Mar 20, 2009 5:22 AM
Jul 2008
ahhh... epic!! love the part when they sat in the river confessing to each other.. 1 more epi to go T.T
Mar 20, 2009 5:25 AM

Oct 2008
velcom said:
CrazyOtaku said:

i'm glad someone agrees, i mean pretty much the first 21 episodes of this show was a utter waste of time for the romance plot. the reason being that there was no development at all in a ryuji and taiga romance before then. And when people keep saying 'but it was obvious from the beginning' it really annoys me because it wasen't. the series has been very misleading. i really thought this series would avoid the typical romance ending because of the way it handled it. i was sadly proven wrong :(

While I agree with you on the part about not having much development between Ryuuji and Taiga but I wouldn't go as far as saying the show is misleading. The show's named Toradora for a reason.
I didn't like this episode. It feels as if some parts were missing. Also, what were their parents mad about exactly? All I know that Ryuuji promised his mother not to work yet he did but I didn't expect her to overreact like that.
Mar 20, 2009 5:32 AM

Dec 2008
Hmm, somewhat shocking and fast paced episode...

its not that i didnt like it but at this rate the last episode has to be fast paced aswell and i thought its going to be more of a relaxed, lovely ending episode.

i hope they will show us a road that both of them will definitly go together so that iam not left with "huh? thats all? so are they going to life together or not?".

well iam still cheering on them, go taiga x ryuuji :3
Mar 20, 2009 5:34 AM

Sep 2008
Rebella said:
velcom said:
CrazyOtaku said:

While I agree with you on the part about not having much development between Ryuuji and Taiga but I wouldn't go as far as saying the show is misleading. The show's named Toradora for a reason.

thats exactly what i mean by people saying it was obvious. from my view the title showed the bond of their friendship. to me they were shown as extremely close friends who were like brother and sister in a way. i felt like they had a little family with ya-chan. now it just feels a bit like incest....

also i don't think ya-chan overeacted, shes had a tough life and really was never the right person to raise a child by herself. but she managed to for 17 years. She really has wanted ryuji to do well in life unlike her because shes upset about that. ryuji made a promise to her which meant alot and it made her upset. personally i think ryuji overeacted. even on a situation like that i don't think anyone should treat their mother so badly :( and to top it off he ran away.

btw has no one else noticed that at the start of this episode ryuji and taiga were meant to be not running away anymore? but then they ended up running away in the end. very stupid....
Mar 20, 2009 5:39 AM

Oct 2008
velcom said:
Rebella said:
velcom said:
CrazyOtaku said:

thats exactly what i mean by people saying it was obvious. from my view the title showed the bond of their friendship. to me they were shown as extremely close friends who were like brother and sister in a way. i felt like they had a little family with ya-chan. now it just feels a bit like incest....

also i don't think ya-chan overeacted, shes had a tough life and really was never the right person to raise a child by herself. but she managed to for 17 years. She really has wanted ryuji to do well in life unlike her because shes upset about that. ryuji made a promise to her which meant alot and it made her upset. personally i think ryuji overeacted. even on a situation like that i don't think anyone should treat their mother so badly :( and to top it off he ran away.

btw has no one else noticed that at the start of this episode ryuji and taiga were meant to be not running away anymore? but then they ended up running away in the end. very stupid....

But he said they didn't run at the very end.
I thought things were becoming stupid when Minorin unzipped her sweat jacket and offered to give her credit card. I thought it couldn't get worse after ep 23 ending but it did.
Mar 20, 2009 5:44 AM

Aug 2008
I have to say I'm troubled by the direction everything's headed. There were some fantastic moments (especially from Minorin which is a nice change), but running away? Getting married? Seriously?

After all the cliché, predictable ending, alternative pairings etc this week we finally got to the point where School Days was actually mentioned in the Toradora topic..
With the words of Kizaki Emi: you..make me sick
Mar 20, 2009 5:44 AM

Dec 2007
I liked the episode, too bad that they cut out the bridge kiss scene from the novels though and used the lame cellphone block. :/

People saying that there was no romantic development between Taiga and Ryuuji during the first 20ish episodes obviously didn't pay much attention.
Mar 20, 2009 5:49 AM

Oct 2008
ugh, no. this episode (and maybe partially ep 23) made me drop toradora's score from 10 to 8.
Rush rush rush + gay ending + over the top drama. This is NOT the toradora I know and love.
Mar 20, 2009 5:51 AM

Oct 2008
Charliehsv said:
I liked the episode, too bad that they cut out the bridge kiss scene from the novels though and used the lame cellphone block. :/

People saying that there was no romantic development between Taiga and Ryuuji during the first 20ish episodes obviously didn't pay much attention.

Other than making her meals? When?
Mar 20, 2009 5:59 AM

Oct 2007
This episode should probably have been split into two. Still I have very much been loving this and believe that the light novels probably would help fill the small part about Ryuuji's mindset that the anime has had problems dealing with(mostly due to the medium). Indeed this is supposed to be the rushed stupid teenager decision that some people sometimes make. Ryuuji was indeed very wrong for what he said to his mother and I believe(and think will happen) he will apologize to her. What is kinda annoying is that he knows he's acting like a brat by running away yet he's still going through with it. I am curious if they are going to pull some weird ending out, like mess with the pairings or something. As for the people complaining about the rushed ending, well I rather have a rushed ending than an open or anime only one. I think the pacing is slightly off but I understand considering they pretty much had to cram the tenth novel into 2 episodes(I don't know if 23 was part of novel 10). JC Staff really should have pushed for a 26 episode broadcasting schedule and split this episode but I can forgive them as I feel the source material is great and I feel that they have done a good job with the story(beginning aside). I would really love to read all the light novels and again reiterate that I hope both are licensed.

For the people complaining about the predictability, well you pretty much had to be blind not to see this coming and originality is not everything but rather execution. The drama aspect I didn't expect to be as heavy but I like it very much and it makes for something different than all the other anime romances.

Edit:The romantic aspect of Taiga's and Ryuuji's relationship is more like real life(barring the runaway and marriage part). They both became dependent on each other and while it wasn't love on first sight, they realized that they used each other for emotional support, as seen with both of them kicking that light post in the early episodes, and started to subconsciously care for each other.
JarmelMar 20, 2009 6:02 AM

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Mar 20, 2009 6:09 AM

Jan 2008
The fast pacing of the ep made it kinda less enjoyable than the previous ones, but still - I'm not too disappointed. While the Taiga x Ryuuji pairing was obvious, I didn't know it will turn out like it did - with them two running away.

Once more, Toradora touched my heart and ripped it apart, just so much emotions in ~25 minutes. I said to myself, Toradora will receive a 10/10 from me only if there's going to be a different pairing than the one shown to us, but right now I'm gonna stick to the 9/10 rating.

One more episode to go, can't wait to see the finale.
Mar 20, 2009 6:10 AM

Dec 2008
Can someone explain to me WHY are they going to the house of his grandparents to live there?
Mar 20, 2009 6:10 AM

Dec 2008
That was so romantic,I loved the scenes between Taiga and Ryuuji
I'v waited for this about 23 episodes and it didn't dissapoints me

Ok I don't really get the runaway thing.
The appearance of Taigas mum wasn't really necessary in my opinion.

The last scene at Ryuuji's Grandparents house was great
"And this is my wife"

Yasuko's first reaction was very childish,so Ryuujis answer was a bit hard
Yasuko is so cute how can you make her cry, Ryuuji XD
FabienneMar 20, 2009 6:20 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2009 6:25 AM

Dec 2007
Rebella said:

Other than making her meals? When?

Uhm, countless scenes, of which some happened already pretty early on in the series and their general interaction with each other.
But, I guess there's no point in even mentioning them if you see their relationship as "making meals" for each other.

Jarmel said:

For the people complaining about the predictability, well you pretty much had to be blind not to see this coming and originality is not everything but rather execution.

I completely agree, it's the execution that matters. Originality is important (in some cases at least), but people put way too much emphasis on it.
Mar 20, 2009 6:29 AM

Oct 2008
:( << that's how this episode made me feel ... and not in the, aww cute way. more in the damnit, another anime just decided to say fuxx it. all i want now is ami to go sekai saionji on ryuuji o.O
Mar 20, 2009 7:13 AM
May 2008
I have to agree with what most haved said about this episode being really rushed or simply crammed with too much. Also for the people that don't like the whole Ryuuji x Taiga, there have been feelings for each other for a long time... just think back to the pool scene (not sure if that is the earliest scene).
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 20, 2009 7:28 AM
Jun 2007
NeloDeath said:
I have to agree with what most haved said about this episode being really rushed or simply crammed with too much. Also for the people that don't like the whole Ryuuji x Taiga, there have been feelings for each other for a long time... just think back to the pool scene (not sure if that is the earliest scene).

Yeah, I agree. There've been lots of clues since the beginning where Ryuuji can't stop thinking and caring for Taiga.. Of course, he never understood himself at that time.. Anyway, I mean, they've been together, thinking of each other for very long so its only a matter of time for them to fall in love.....
Mar 20, 2009 7:38 AM

Feb 2009
I really liked this episode, but i'm a little disappointed there was no kiss, and the marry me-thing i dunno...it's kinda, early XD? But who knows the next ep clears everything up ^^
Mar 20, 2009 8:06 AM
Oct 2007
AegisReborn said:
Ryujii: "Omai wa..."

Taiga: "Anata..."

Unison: "Suuu..." -phone rings-

LOL, such a cute scene.

seen seen reseen overseen überseen > fail
Mar 20, 2009 8:16 AM

Aug 2007
I don't understand why Ryuuji and Taiga went to his grandparents house. How did he even know where they live? lol
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Yesterday, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

255 by Zertur »»
Yesterday, 10:44 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 11, 2009

502 by Seradim »»
Apr 6, 1:19 AM

» Minori Kushieda

LuckyTenth - Feb 21, 2021

9 by MyBliss »»
Apr 2, 3:42 AM

» What's physical diff between kano and ami

atl_nal - Mar 28

7 by Ashikhi »»
Mar 31, 1:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.