Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 17, 2009 5:59 PM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aizen is a genius scheming bastard after all. He had it all planned out from the start. And it's obviously Tousen after all. He just faked his own "death" to fool Kensei.

I'm assuming the last episode is the end of the Pendulum arc at this rate... and then back to more fillers. What joy.

<insert sexual innuendo here>
WasabiMar 17, 2009 6:05 PM
Mar 17, 2009 6:09 PM

Aug 2007
Is it bad if I say that I actually enjoyed this somewhat? And that I'm actually looking forward to the next episode? o.o

And indeed, it seems that we're going to be stuck with more filler after this arc is over. Bloody hell mate.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Mar 17, 2009 6:18 PM

Jan 2008
Poor Tousen, always gets his butt kicked unless he attacks from behind >.>

And it sounded like it would be a filler story WITHOUT Ichigo... that's surprising.

Mar 17, 2009 6:39 PM

Jan 2009
I loved this episode. Fight scenes were badass and untied ends are going together well. Seeing Nanao all young = soo cute XD.
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
Mar 17, 2009 6:51 PM

Sep 2008
Fillers after this arc... I'll be in my corner...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2009 7:24 PM

Nov 2007
All-in-all, I actually liked this filler arc the most. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to get back to the main story, but this is the first time I'm looking forward to the next episode of a filler arc of all things.

p.s. - Tousen's a chump! Guy can never win a normal fight, real loser status...and Aizen is just genius as always, can't help but be amazed by the brilliance
Mar 17, 2009 7:45 PM

Mar 2008
ZzDaKid43zZ said:
All-in-all, I actually liked this filler arc the most.

This arc wasn't a filler arc. It was in the manga.

@Topic: Fantastic episode, by the looks of it next episode is the final episode of the Pendulum arc and I'm guessing fillers are up next -___-
Mar 17, 2009 8:31 PM

Apr 2008
Just how did Aizen cause hollowfication to all those shinigami, is what i'm wondering.
Anyhow, great episode. The recap was waay too long, but should enjoy this arc while it lasts.
Mar 17, 2009 8:54 PM

Aug 2008
This episode was great! To bad the greatness might end with the upcoming fillers.
- Signature Removed -
The signature seriously lacked "It's a Sony" qualities.
Mar 17, 2009 9:01 PM

Jul 2008
yeah, too bad it looks like they're going into fillers after this; but what an awesome arc this, what with aizen superb schememing
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 17, 2009 9:08 PM

Jul 2008
damn AIZEN A BEAST damn so i guess next ep the end of this arc then bullshit then espadas arc wooooooooooooooooooooooo
Mar 17, 2009 9:12 PM

Aug 2008
I borderline loved this episode. Every character I find interesting was here, and only one (BlondeTsundere) that I hate.

Fuck the main story, if we just spent the rest of Bleach following these guys and Kieskue, and throw in some stuff with Ichigo and Ishida's father's, I'd be a happy camper.
Mar 17, 2009 9:29 PM

Jul 2008
I love the fight scenes in this episode! They managed to make Shinji even more of a badass. Wow.

Also Shinji's hair is kind of epic. It's so long and flow-y. :D

Ignore the terrible screencaping skills.

Looks like the Shinigami Men's Association is meeting in Ichigo's room now. xD
adamantineMar 17, 2009 11:10 PM

BEGINNER
Mar 17, 2009 11:28 PM

Jul 2008
Yet another filler arc that doesn't fit into the storyline. Bleach just reached Naruto levels of filler bullshit, if not worse.

Maybe I should just stick to the damn manga.
Mar 17, 2009 11:51 PM

Jul 2007
Man aizen better stop stroking his e-peen b4 he's as blind as bis little buddy.
Mar 18, 2009 12:15 AM

Nov 2007
who knows maybe the filler arc will be added on to the past arc. or something decent. meh, why must bleach/naruto be shown every week. they should just do seasons and take breaks. there is no way in hell the would lose viewership. maybe they would keep/gain since people wouldn't be watching bullshit filler arcs ruining the flow of the actual manga.

so sad to see the past arc end, one of my favs.
Mar 18, 2009 12:26 AM

Jan 2009
aww twh that was crap shinji was getting owned...

so unrealistic he shoudl have realeased bankai straight away >,<
Mar 18, 2009 12:33 AM

May 2007
noteDhero said:
Fuck the main story, if we just spent the rest of Bleach following these guys and Kieskue, and throw in some stuff with Ichigo and Ishida's father's, I'd be a happy camper.

I second that! Would love to see more of Kisuke's past.
Mar 18, 2009 1:07 AM

Apr 2008
Amazing amazing episode. I hope the upcoming filler arc extends on the pendulum arc. That'd be sweet. I love all these characters (the vizards).

Personally I think the pendulum arc was too short in the manga... shoulda been more thorough, but maybe the writer plans to do another pendulum arc part 2 or something :P.

If not, hopefully the filler arc will fill in some holes the manga left. Or... the fillers can rape bleach's already gaping asshole and have nothing to do with anything and screw up the timeline again... we'll see...
Mar 18, 2009 1:25 AM

Feb 2008
WolfWood37 said:
Yet another filler arc that doesn't fit into the storyline. Bleach just reached Naruto levels of filler bullshit, if not worse.

Err... but this arc was in the "damn manga" -.-
And it actually fits into the storyline, since it provides us with info on how the Vaizard were created. Not to mention it provides some back story on characters that we didn't know that much about (such as Aizen).

Anyway, episode was pretty good. Next one is most likely the last episode of this arc (which sucks).
Mar 18, 2009 1:57 AM

Jul 2008
Nice episode, I haven't enjoyed Bleach this much since the Soul Society Arc, and sadly it is ending soon. If the filler arc isn't going to have Ichigo in it I expect that it would somewhat relate to a past story where Ichigo couldn't be centered around it since he wouldn't exist at the time. But who knows, we may get that Don fella, Ichigo's two sisters, and Kon to go on an adventure.
Mar 18, 2009 2:22 AM
Jan 2009
oh god please no more ghost chasing exorcist tv show crap where his sister gets to kill crap by kicking a soccer ball at it and kon goes nuts in ichigos body...while bits were amusing, that was by far one of the most terrible filler sets i've watched. i think i almost would have rather watched a naruto or one piece filler. then again maybe it was only as bad as it was cuz it meant bleach finally stooped as low as naruto in attempts to stall for time.

at last it could be like gintama and make me laugh my ass off even though they are completely wasting time.

but anyway i'm praying for more past stuff. even its not the pendulum arc. i could even go for more vizard arc.
Mar 18, 2009 2:42 AM

Mar 2008
Nice episode but...
Please no fillers after this arc pleeeaasee!! There is already enough fillers in Bleach! >.< I hope that filler would at least tell about that how

Substitute Shinigami Work Diary was funny once again
"No one in Soul Society will let us borrow their assembly halls!" Just...LOL. Poor guys I feel sorry for them XD
Mar 18, 2009 5:04 AM

Apr 2008
I loved this episode really, but I still can't see why frikkin 2 vice captains own like, too many captains xD Yet again this episode they didn't even release zanpaktou once, let alone use Bankai.... but ah well, still, Back to Pendulum arc is cool ! :D
Mar 18, 2009 6:11 AM

Jun 2008
Amazing Episode. I was clue to the screen. As about the zanpaktou release i guess they didn't because they were fighting friends and they wanted to capture them instead of killing them.

Bad thing is that fillers are coming again. Even a filler arc can be good with little inspiration but all the fillers in Bleach until now sucked, so am not very hopeful. The fact that Ichigo might not be in this filler is a good sign though.
I have an amazing idea. How about showing us Kenpachi's life before he was a shinigami when he was in the streets killing people with everyone chasing him and the meeting with Yachiru. That will make a good 6 episode filler and it can match with the time of the Pendulum arc. You know after everyone leaves from the place they were fighting right now Kenpachi arrives because he felt the strong reiatsu but he doesn't find anyone and then continue with his story at that world.
Mar 18, 2009 7:02 AM

Jan 2009
A great episode indeed. Though the fighting scene is not as good as I expected in to be, except for Hacchi's way of binding,kind of cool. Never though a long recap would appear in this arc,or well. Urahara and Tensei.xD
About the fillers,I'm kind of glad to heard that Ichigo is not in it but it's kind of strange that the main character isn't gonna be in that arc for a filler. Well,let's see what comes out. I won't mind fillers as long as there're good or great,though it would have been better if it's related to the original storyline,not just randomly makeup stories like bounto and the new captain arc which is just for entertaining without any relation with the original storyline.
Mar 18, 2009 7:28 AM

May 2008
Great episode!
loved their hollowifications
and it was also nice to see chibi Nanao ^^

and it'll be all fillers nect...i wonder how they plan to put a filler in the middle of all this action...i guess we'll have to wait and see >__>
Mar 18, 2009 10:49 AM

Jun 2008
It was unexpectedly entertaining episode.
Mar 18, 2009 10:50 AM
Mar 2008
Epic episode :D
Aizen, as always, is a sly bastard D:<
Hollowfications were... AWESOME~ T'was like lots of Ichigos XD

&& I have to say it: everyone's covered in white sticky stuff ;_;
Mar 18, 2009 11:25 AM

Nov 2008
noteDhero said:
I borderline loved this episode. Every character I find interesting was here, and only one (BlondeTsundere) that I hate.

Amen.
I love this so much. Far better than Bleach main story line. Too bad back to the fillers after this arc -_-. I want som soul society stuff. Not just Ichigo going Kamehameha or being dead.
Mar 18, 2009 11:27 AM

Feb 2008
I'm pissed there's going to be ANOTHER filler arc after this..... see you guys after its over. I refuse to watch filler.

this past arc has been awesome - I wouldn't mind if it were longer.
Mar 18, 2009 11:34 AM

Nov 2008
pretty good episode, i hope the next arc is as good as this one
Mar 18, 2009 11:49 AM

Jan 2008
i loved this episode. argh!! i don't wanna wait until next tuesday for the rest! but at least we know how everything came about and why Urhara is in the real world. XP it all makes sense. i can't wait for the next ep! >,<"

Mar 18, 2009 11:56 AM

Jun 2008
Awesome episode.

I'm curious to what the filler will be like. I won't knock it... yet.
Mar 18, 2009 12:29 PM

Nov 2008
I'm also curious about the filler arc, but from what I remember, the fights in Karakura come after this arc. Which means we have two little arcs more without the main cast. I'm not too thrilled about this. I hope at least the fillers have better pacing than the manga.

Pretty fun episode, though.
Mar 18, 2009 3:31 PM

May 2008
I wonder who will be the main character of the fillers since it seems won't be Ichigo

noteDhero said:

I so damn agree with you.

Mar 18, 2009 3:41 PM

Oct 2007
Great episode and i think they did this arc very well but not happy that we are back to filler's again after this arc >.<

it does look like the anime is close to the current manga chapter so maybe expected T_T

looking forward to the rest of the episodes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2009 10:58 PM
Mar 2009
I have to admit after the long and extremely annoying nature of the "kasumi ooji" filler episodes I would hate to see bleach decay back into another filler arc "after the current vaizard past" the way in which they stop the main story and switch to a new filler arc is very intrusive also, they could be a bit smarter about it and simply try slowing the main story a bit more and further developing "their abundant number of characters".

What I would like to see, after this arc if it must be filler is perhaps the story of ichigo's and ishida's father, it has been hinted in a few past episodes that their is some history there, you see glimpses of ichigo's father and his history as a shinigami but nothing truly elaborates on what happened. Also it appears both these characters are quite powerful, maybe their history would be cool to watch.
Mar 18, 2009 11:06 PM

Apr 2008
I used to be a "Narutard" when it came to people dissing Bleach, but now i hope it gets cancelled. I can't stand all of this endless filler crap, (Like Rurichi-whateverthefuckhernameis), i can survive off of the Pendulum Arc. For now, my rating for the show is an 8, but once fillers are back it's going down to a 7. The way they do things right now in the Pendulum Arc is much better than what they do for the actual manga-based plotline.

Tite Kubo, though you're not involved with the anime, DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. Make this former Bleach fan a fan again.
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Mar 19, 2009 7:14 AM
Feb 2009
as if the current arc in the manga is interesting...

You can't do anything, if they will not do any fillers, it will definitely catch up since the current arc cannot have any pause in between unless it's okay for you to have a uber extended long fights like the one w/ kenpachi and the espada, maybe even longer.
Mar 19, 2009 7:29 AM

Sep 2008
WinterNightsFall said:
Is it bad if I say that I actually enjoyed this somewhat? And that I'm actually looking forward to the next episode? o.o

No it's not bad, I feel excited every time I see Orahara...
hanachan20Mar 19, 2009 7:52 AM
Mar 19, 2009 8:05 AM

Sep 2008
Stopping the series for a whileand then continuing it later will be way much better than the fillers crap, I can survive without Bleach but I can't stand the fillers
Mar 19, 2009 3:56 PM

May 2008
I didn't like this episode. It was really too short.
Mar 19, 2009 5:01 PM

May 2007
Amazing, amazing, amazing. I love this arc so much. Too bad next week is the arc's final episode. :(

Mar 19, 2009 5:33 PM
Feb 2009
I loved this arc, both in the manga (yes, it was in the manga, peoples. Turn Back the Pendulum IS NOT FILLER! It's amazing how may fans just don't get that) and animated.

This was my favorite episode thus far. Shinji was so bad ass~being able to fight while going through painful hollowization and after being completely taunted by Aizen. He just thought "I have to keep my cool," then he took a deep breath-and let Tousen have it. He even tried to go after Aizen! It was awesome!

I can't wait till he comes down in his full-power vizard glory and kicks Aizen's butt straight into the gates of Bleach Hell in the main storyline...

Re: releases: Of course no one released! A. They were trying to take down Kensei and Mashiro without killing them and B. They were being hollowfied!

Re: Filller: Heard it's going to be based off an Omake in which Kon gets a special suit from Urahara back in Karakura Town and fights off Hollows. It's at least 2 episodes long, and is total comic relief style. I'll check it out. Hope it'll be funny!
Mar 20, 2009 10:10 AM
Jul 2018
Shinji's badass. Nuff said.
Mar 20, 2009 11:15 PM
May 2008
hungry_bunny said:
And it sounded like it would be a filler story WITHOUT Ichigo... that's surprising.

don't know if this is posted or not, but episode 213 is titled "The Soul Burial Detective, Karakuraizer is Born"

what/who the hell is karakuraizer?!
Mar 21, 2009 5:55 AM
Jul 2018
I actually was looking forward to this episode, and I wasn't disappointed either. Shinji's "That's badass" line was pretty cool as well.
Mar 22, 2009 1:44 AM

Sep 2008
Man, Aizen is one scary, evil, badass, isane, deceptive, and overall twisted son of a bitch. If he were a real live person, the world would be FUCKED!!!!!!!!
Mar 22, 2009 6:19 AM

Nov 2008
WolfWood37 said:

But the Pendulum Arc WAS in the manga ^^"

Anyway, I liked it and I'm looking forward to the next episode xD
Previous username: LadyNikki
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

208 by Ridzaxster »»
Apr 21, 3:18 AM

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

49 by Dabitsu »»
Apr 20, 2:10 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 176-177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

41 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 18, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 175 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 18, 2008

54 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 18, 5:48 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 174 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BishounenTatsumi - Jun 11, 2008

57 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 12, 6:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.