Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 21, 2014 7:27 PM

Apr 2008
Ugh… I guessed wrong that Moral is the #1 graduate.

While enjoying the actions, I still can't feel comfortable with the story.
It's like... the writer is trying too hard to make a story that's like screaming out all the dissatisfied feeling of young teens in their rebelious age against the society.
Be free, down with the elites, fuck the rules, etc.
Not that story about those things are wrong, but the "trying too hard" part is.
nseikaJan 21, 2014 7:39 PM
Jan 21, 2014 7:34 PM

Oct 2013
jayvon said:
Wow so Nice is the #1 graduate. That speed of sound power is really cool.

Yeah
Jan 21, 2014 7:36 PM

Jul 2013
I knew I would love this.
All those usual themes I'm so amused by, and with a great MC just makes it better.
Jan 21, 2014 7:59 PM
Oct 2010
I wasn't too impressed. The professor guy is kinda stupid. If Art thinks he's guilty of something, can't he bring him in for questioning at least? Surely he could detain him for 24 hours. Lots of yawning plot holes. Seems like the plot of the series is getting more nonsensical, just an excuse to put in fight scenes and special effects or whatever. Nothing really makes any sense logically so far. Maybe things will be explained properly, but I'm becoming dubious.
Jan 21, 2014 8:23 PM

Sep 2013
Professor MORAL (get it? :D)
He does have his points, the weak ones (losers) disgusted by their weakness gang up on the strong ones (winners),they have won collectively but humans are selfish so they still feel inferior knowing they are nothing individually compared to the strong ones who have a guaranteed easy life and can get away with murder(the woman this episode ) so jealousy and hatred cause them to alienate and bully them losing sight that they're the same, human.
Takamiya wanted to prove he was strong, he achieved it for a moment but then he failed because he took the losers path.
At the end : The visible trap and invisible truth.
Who is right and who is wrong?
Change you perspective.
It maybe something else they want to portray but who knows.
ichii_1Jan 21, 2014 8:50 PM
Jan 21, 2014 9:03 PM

Jan 2013
killer5264 said:

Yeah, if you look back at episode two, you can see that he solved an entire question without showing his work, along with his compatibility of speed, the thing I'm interested with is his activation of powers, we can see every time he puts on his headphones his powers activate, sort of like the way in Darker than Black, while I see people like Murasaki doing it without requirements, but in episode two that brawn guy eating gum seemed to require it?

That totally slipped my mind, come to think of it, he was also getting As on whatever parameters they were testing on the facility.

The others have pretty straightforward requirements like Murasaki+glasses, Birthday+taser, Doctor guy+eyepatch. From what I saw of Nice, he has to be listening to music and he has to snap his fingers to.....initiate action? Control sound? Every time he snapped his fingers this episode, something happened like the windows getting broken, traveling at a fast speed, etc.
minescopeJan 21, 2014 9:12 PM
Jan 21, 2014 9:41 PM

Dec 2010
minescope said:
killer5264 said:

Yeah, if you look back at episode two, you can see that he solved an entire question without showing his work, along with his compatibility of speed, the thing I'm interested with is his activation of powers, we can see every time he puts on his headphones his powers activate, sort of like the way in Darker than Black, while I see people like Murasaki doing it without requirements, but in episode two that brawn guy eating gum seemed to require it?

That totally slipped my mind, come to think of it, he was also getting As on whatever parameters they were testing on the facility.

The others have pretty straightforward requirements like Murasaki+glasses, Birthday+taser, Doctor guy+eyepatch. From what I saw of Nice, he has to be listening to music and he has to snap his fingers to.....initiate action? Control sound? Every time he snapped his fingers this episode, something happened like the windows getting broken, traveling at a fast speed, etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PREr2oZK24
Jan 21, 2014 9:44 PM

Jan 2011
Just realised Nice's fight scenes with the trippy colours remind me of Jet Set Radio.
Jan 21, 2014 10:53 PM

Nov 2012
i sort of knew that nice would be the #1 graduate lol
not sure what to think of this series... not really sure where it's going. but it's interesting that there already was a confrontation between moral and the police, didn't expect that so soon.

and i couldn't help but think of f/sn berserker when watching that minimum holder guy lol
Jan 21, 2014 11:59 PM

Jul 2013
Well I kinda knew that it was Nice who scored the highest in that Facultas..

seriously the only thing I don't like in this anime are the colors.. it changes when there's a fight scene and its irritating in my eye.. the rest is great.. every episode the story were interesting..
Jan 22, 2014 12:20 AM

Aug 2013
VanishingKira said:
Kept thinking about Psycho-Pass while watching this.That one white haired guy reminds me of Makishima and his interaction with Art reminds me of how Makishima and Kougami interacted too.

Exactly my thoughts!
Cute is justice.
Jan 22, 2014 12:21 AM

Dec 2013
Well, this series just keeps getting better. The story is really starting to lay itself out for us now, despite the fact that it has flaws and contains pieces of plots used elsewhere. No story is completely original anymore, not in this day and age. I sort of suspected Art was the classified top graduate of the Facultas, but it's really no surprise that it was Nice. He's a genius, and he has the strongest Minimum. Moral is a very special kind of twisted, not sure which side of the thin line between genius and insanity he lives on but he clearly visits both regularly.

As for the comparison made a few posts back saying that this is just a poorly made rip-off of Darker than Black. I've watched Darker than Black, and I cannot agree with that opinion. I couldn't even bring myself to watch the season season of DTB because I barely made it through the first. The show was good in some episodes, mostly towards the middle of the season, but overall it was boring and just dragged itself out. I'm enjoying this show much more, so far.

Second favorite anime of the season. Episode Rating: 7/10
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 22, 2014 1:07 AM

Apr 2012
Nice has some cool powers but other than that meh series so far

Jan 22, 2014 2:38 AM

Oct 2013
Barion-Zara said:
I'm liking the antagonist. He's pretty awesomely twisted ^^...He's like a different version of Makishima (Psycho Pass)

yeah, I thought so, too...

but I'm still not very sure of what Nice and Murasaki powers are.
Jan 22, 2014 3:30 AM

Jul 2012
I also noticed the Psycho-pass vibes (and some Index/Railgun ones too).

But I don't like the antagonist. He's too deranged and crazy.
I prefer the calm demeaner like Makishima Shougo has.

Didn't think Art would lose his composure so quickly.

And The Incredible Hulk appears! :P

I guessed as much that Nice was the #1 graduate. How his power works is still a mystery. And the way he seems to know everything....

This episode felt rushed :/
Jan 22, 2014 5:42 AM

Mar 2013
wew Minimums hunter..
dat purlpe Hulk XD
Jan 22, 2014 6:26 AM

Oct 2011
Mugen_Time said:
I guessed as much that Nice was the #1 graduate.

I thought it would be Art at first, since he was the only one whose power we didn't know. Turns out he doesn't even *have* a power... or hasn't "awakened" yet at least.
Jan 22, 2014 6:49 AM

Jul 2013
The whole Art and Prof. Moral scene left an unsettling feeling. I hope Art doesn't do anything that he might regret (like decide to get a non-innate minimum power). I thought Art was a very level-headed character, but from his reaction to what Moral said, I think he might actually have some pent up jealousy...

On a different note, I love Nice's powers and yeah just like what almost everyone said, I saw the fact that he was the the top graduate/ #1 student of the Academy coming from a mile away.
DreambellsJan 22, 2014 6:54 AM
Jan 22, 2014 7:39 AM

Jan 2012
The scene between Art and the other dude was super weird (somehow reminded me of Bakemonogatari...) but other than that I really liked the episode :D
Love the fight scene xD
Jan 22, 2014 8:13 AM
Jul 2013
I thought Moral is the Top 1 oops.

I think Moral wants to "save" Nice but in a sense that he wants to preserve his Minimum? And use his brain to make more of that Minimum?

Also, I thought Art will be killed because he is in a room with the killer. Good thing he didn't, but now I'm worried that Moral's words will haunt him and make him hate Nice and others.
Jan 22, 2014 10:59 AM
Jan 2014
just speechless!!! Art was really amazing. he must can arrest the evil professor. its not too easy. but i believe that he can.
Jan 22, 2014 11:46 AM

Mar 2012
Hmm this episode wasn't very interesting.
Jan 22, 2014 12:07 PM

Oct 2011
Pretty good episode! Nice to see the villain getting a bit more development. I wonder why he seems to care about Nice so much.
Jan 22, 2014 12:48 PM
Feb 2013
So Nice is a top of the class, btw the cop guy doesn't he also came from the same school where Nice and the others came from, if so wasn't he suppose to be minimum like them?
Jan 22, 2014 12:51 PM
Jul 2018
I love the part in the OP where he taps the tip of shoe on the floor and that music behind XD NICE episode Lol
Jan 22, 2014 2:08 PM

Jul 2012
Omg Moral has Rin's shark teeth lolol

NICE episode as usual (haha get it?? No? ok.)
Jan 22, 2014 5:54 PM
Mar 2013
Nice putting his headphones on gets me more hyped than anticipated. I just love psychedelic BGM mode. Hope to see Nice battle it out in longer fights against someone of his caliber.
Jan 22, 2014 6:42 PM

Apr 2012
sad that the fight scenes were reeeeally short but wow plot development!!
i guess it was predictable that nice was super special, since he's the main character and all
lol that mom was cray cray
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2014 6:48 PM

Jan 2014
This episode was seriously good. Not only it was very plot-deep but it also was emotionaly deep regarding its content, the issue with equality, and the vision of this psycho which is really twisted as all hell.

Nice is nice (pun intended) as a character, he acts carefree but apparently knows a lot about hardships and how to deal with them, being the top rank he is, he likely went through a living hell regarding his own ascension and the filter between him and his partners.

I can't seem to figure his power well though, it is as if he travels at sound speed and gains immense power at that? I'm not sure, but is OP'd.
Jan 22, 2014 7:55 PM

Oct 2012
mayukachan said:
Omg Moral has Rin's shark teeth lolol

NICE episode as usual (haha get it?? No? ok.)

The episode itself was beautiful Art.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jan 22, 2014 9:52 PM

Oct 2013
shark teeth mmm yeah.. *^*

great episode, enjoyed it a lot.
Jan 22, 2014 10:06 PM

Nov 2012
Lyrisia said:
The scene between Art and the other dude was super weird (somehow reminded me of Bakemonogatari...)

yeah i had the feeling for that scene they were going for a SHAFT-esque style
Jan 22, 2014 11:50 PM

Feb 2011
NICE ART
Now I'm curious about the relationship between Moral and Nice.
Jan 23, 2014 12:07 AM

Dec 2013
RazorRamona200 said:
So Nice is a top of the class, btw the cop guy doesn't he also came from the same school where Nice and the others came from, if so wasn't he suppose to be minimum like them?

It was explained during the sit down between Art and Moral, Art graduated from Facultas Academy with the Hamatora crew but does not possess a Minimum. Or, at least, as of yet his Minimum has not "awakened". Though, my guess is that it will develop as the story continues. Moral mentioned that even with a Minimum, Art was able to graduate from the Academy with top scores. Or something to that effect, at least.

aidoru said:
Pretty good episode! Nice to see the villain getting a bit more development. I wonder why he seems to care about Nice so much.

I'm not so sure that Moral really cares about Nice, I think he has a more sinister and twisted notion of "saving" him. I think what Moral means by "save" is to kill him and take his brain, to save his Minimum and create more like Nice. There have been plenty of crazies like that, even in real life, that thought they were "saving" someone when they killed them. Moral strikes me as that kind of crazy, it's very interesting really. If I'm right, or if I'm wrong, I want to see how it plays out and I hope I'm not disappointed in the end.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 23, 2014 1:23 AM

Jun 2013
"Takahiro , you're a cool guy."

Nice is a good guy.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 23, 2014 1:47 AM

Apr 2012
Nice philosophy from the villain this episode.
Jan 23, 2014 2:43 AM

Dec 2010
This was a really good episode, the quality is really going up with the episode count.

I wonder if Art really does have such a darkness in him, as Moral suggested.

Paul said:
Feels like I'm just rewatching the Level Upper Arc from To Aru Railgun over.
Strange, this doesn't make much sense.

But I never saw Naisu being #1 coming, really. Now that was a good twist.
Jan 23, 2014 5:03 AM
Jan 2014
i'm just speechless!!!!! Art is really awesome. he must arrest the evil professor one day. its not too easy bt i think he can. i'm looking forward it.
Jan 23, 2014 5:14 AM

Nov 2009
I can't say that Professor was wrong. His ideals/philosophies were quite twisted but they were definitely true.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2014 7:41 AM

Aug 2013
Love this series, altough i want hajime action. And i think Nice being top one was to obvious, was hoping for someone less predictable
"he that chooses his own path needs no map" - queen kristina of Sweden
Jan 23, 2014 9:49 AM

Dec 2008
Nice was the top graduate? Wow! I would've never guessed that. I was thinking it was going to be discovered that it was Hajime since I felt she was the most unlikely candidate.

Not enough Ratio in this episode.

What exactly does Nice need to be saved from?
Jan 23, 2014 12:34 PM

Nov 2010
Zero points trying to cheat through life

Poor Takahiro the sewer Hulk just wanted to be cool for once
Her mom Mrs Itou was such an hypocrite
Jan 23, 2014 5:32 PM

Jan 2008
This show is getting good. I love the animation (particularly the zoom), the way they changes colors, and leitmotif to convey the atmosphere during Art and Moral conversation. Itou-san's son story was also touching in the end.
Jan 23, 2014 7:28 PM
Jun 2013
It's interesting to see the different opinions on the show.

Some people say it's getting worse and worse, and others have been saying that it's been getting better and better. Personally I think the show has been pretty consistent well... everything wise xD. That being said, I liked it at the start, and I still like it now :)

Let me continue to secretly conspire that Art is secretly the top of Facultas >.>
Jan 24, 2014 3:52 AM
Jul 2013
Nice being Top 1? Very Predictable.

Nice conversation between Moral and Art but Art was too naive to answer back.

While Nice, with just 3 episode in this anime became the almighty righteous guy in the series. really dislike the protagonist being like that.

Anime is mediocre as *uck.
Jan 24, 2014 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
Cool episode. So, Art graduated from the academy but with no ability, huh? This is getting interesting. 4.5/5
Also, Nice being #1 top graduate from the academy. I saw that coming ;D
That Birthday and Ratio, they make a funny pair. LOL
Takahiro ;__;<3
Jan 24, 2014 9:04 PM

Jun 2013
nseika said:
Ugh… I guessed wrong that Moral is the #1 graduate.

While enjoying the actions, I still can't feel comfortable with the story.
It's like... the writer is trying too hard to make a story that's like screaming out all the dissatisfied feeling of young teens in their rebelious age against the society.
Be free, down with the elites, fuck the rules, etc.
Not that story about those things are wrong, but the "trying too hard" part is.

I was trying to figure out why this series still isn't quite sitting right with me, and I think you hit the mark. Plus, I can't get past the Psycho-Pass parallels. However, Mr. Main Antagonist there is effectively creepy.
Jan 24, 2014 11:51 PM

Nov 2012
now it started to getting down.. not as awesome as previously.. a bit bored...
but glad I can see the true villain :3
Jan 25, 2014 2:22 AM

Oct 2010
does anyone think hajime is useless she eat all the time i dont know who pays for it and nice and murasaki does all the work and she even have attitude problems shouldn't they just get rid of her.
Jan 25, 2014 6:25 AM

May 2010
I don't like Nice all that much, he annoys me with how he goes for cheap jobs only. I mean, it is alright to be humble and all, but at least pay your rents...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

262 by Mishiia »»
Mar 1, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2014

105 by Destroyer31 »»
Aug 22, 2023 7:26 PM

» Does anyone else think this anime is very shallow?

7EJh77b - Dec 7, 2015

4 by BreakApart »»
Sep 3, 2022 11:44 AM

» Worth Watching?

_txhsin__ - Jun 1, 2022

8 by Kibbi500 »»
Jun 3, 2022 9:46 AM

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

221 by HorikitaNemesis »»
Nov 18, 2020 4:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.