Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 27, 2014 7:22 PM

Jun 2012
pretty crazy villain, for some reason just kind of reminded me of Makishima from Psycho-Pass, maybe just his ideology or something.

purple hulk

Jan 28, 2014 9:14 PM

Aug 2009
Mirorin said:
Can't figure out of I like Nice's character or not. >___<

I love his power though. ;)

This. I'm not really taken with Nice...his character just doesn't really sit well with me. His ability is great though. Sonic Minimum, sounds awesome but what if someone had the Light minimum, they would put him to shame since light travels way faster than sound, which is almost instant. It would be interesting to say the least.

Good episode! I totally thought Art would be a minimum holder, that was a surprise to me. I really wanted him to have some awesome power that was revealed while he investigates but I guess that was wishful thinking

Jan 29, 2014 8:52 AM

Mar 2012
Good episode, good anime. Nothing more to say.
Jan 29, 2014 9:25 PM

Dec 2013
The first two episodes were decent, but this one certainly stood apart. We got to see a bit of Murasaki and Nice's past, learned more about Art and even met the antagonist, Moral. Dang, only one of the first episodes with that guy and I already think he's the scum of the earth.

Poor Takahiro. If only his mom was a more likable character. However, I guess her repressive attitude was what drove him to search for his own Minimum in the first place.
Jan 30, 2014 12:59 AM

May 2012
Still boring, but a bit better than the first two episodes.
Jan 30, 2014 4:23 AM

Jun 2013
I understand why their would be inequality in a world of minimum holders. After all, minimum holders are normal people with superpowers. Who wouldn't want that? I bet everyone would like to have superpowers. So yeah, it's not fair and it leads to inequality. It's simple for the ones who already have those superpowers to say "It's not as good as you think it is. It comes with alot of downsides too." But how can they hope for the ordinary people to understand? I would be furious if it was like that in our real world. If a chosen few got to live their lives with superpowers, while I'm struggling on day by day without any sort of superpower at all. That would be the worst world to live in. I sense USA would invade every country having a minimum holder within its borders.. Imagine the wars that would have been fought over who's gonna have the superpowers on their side. Terrorists would probably brainwash minimum holders into committing atrocious acts in the name of their God.. Shit.

So yeah. Nice and all the other minimum holders are lucky in a sense that they are the "chosen ones" in this game we call LIFE. It's not too hard to understand why some people would feel that life is unfair.
Jan 31, 2014 1:44 PM

Apr 2013
Oh Pretty and good episode.
Feb 3, 2014 3:53 AM
May 2013
Birthday sitting on Ratio's lap ~ :3
Feb 3, 2014 9:06 AM
Jul 2013
lovexLuffy said:
Mirorin said:
Can't figure out of I like Nice's character or not. >___<

I love his power though. ;)

This. I'm not really taken with Nice...his character just doesn't really sit well with me. His ability is great though. Sonic Minimum, sounds awesome but what if someone had the Light minimum, they would put him to shame since light travels way faster than sound, which is almost instant. It would be interesting to say the least.

Good episode! I totally thought Art would be a minimum holder, that was a surprise to me. I really wanted him to have some awesome power that was revealed while he investigates but I guess that was wishful thinking

Light Minimum? If one had that kind of skill, he can basically travel through time.
Feb 3, 2014 11:03 AM

Aug 2009
pipeds said:

Light Minimum? If one had that kind of skill, he can basically travel through time.

It would be cool and interesting. I just want him/her to run, while running hold up a mirror and see no reflection. But traveling through time works too!

Feb 3, 2014 1:45 PM

Jan 2011
The art is so shitty, shitty overlays everywhere. Everything is fucking red.
It's like someone smeared pus all over my damn screen. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Maaad madmadmad, must hate.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 14, 2014 11:11 PM

Jan 2008
A good amount of story development n some character development I hope it continues but this show is pretty cool so far not sure if it is my favorite though still have to many to catch up on.
Feb 19, 2014 6:54 PM

Aug 2010
Dont tell me Art is gonna be the bad guy later on..........
Feb 20, 2014 12:25 AM

Jun 2011
This episode is great! Why does it always have to be so tragic? The moment I love the most is when Nice blows the whistle while the ED song was playing in the background, damn that moment hit me right in the feel, it resounds in my heart, and after Nice blew the whistle, he said "You're cool, Takahiro" Man, dem feels!! ):
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 22, 2014 6:10 AM

Apr 2012
"if everyone is capable of crossing the line, the world will advance greatly"

makes me wanna discussing the concept of civilization :l
Jun 10, 2014 2:14 AM
May 2012
Silver haired with sharp teeth dude's way of thinking is interesting.
"You're cool, Takahiro" Me: Well, you are nice.......Nice.
His power is really cool, and it's pretty obvious that he is the top 1 student.
Art better keep his cool.
Jul 7, 2014 3:57 PM

Nov 2012
MasterMeNL said:
Everything is fucking red.

I was wondering if that was just me

Also (gonna spoiler tag this just in case I'm right) I know Prof Moral said that Nice was the #1 graduate of Facultas
Jul 9, 2014 12:10 AM

Apr 2010
Hmmm things are definitely getting interesting now.
Jul 11, 2014 1:10 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode, shark teeth guy pisses me off. Dafuq was that all about? *flips table*

The fight was okay, little fast paced. Still curious to how their powers work, some sorta explanation would be nice.

And the rest of them as well, I'm sticking around only because I wanna see their powers.
Aug 22, 2014 12:41 PM

Sep 2012
Art want to have power?
This Prof. Moral creeps me out.
I would like to know what minimum power Hajime has, or she doesn't have any?
Sep 28, 2014 4:45 AM

Sep 2012
Hulk Smash :D
i so Hulk, but where were rest of the avengers? LOL

Nice=RailGun, cause they have 1 thing in common, both are aces :)

Nice takes low pay jobs cause he wants to help good people, seems that name suits him :D

Nice is the top student, Dam that was Predictable :D

i guess Art passed cause hes genius
Oct 3, 2014 12:22 AM

Jun 2008
amplified said:
I can't say that Professor was wrong. His ideals/philosophies were quite twisted but they were definitely true.

I disagree. His opinions are the opinions of a sociopath and make no sense. The "line" that the supposed weak can't pass is the line that makes you logical instead of a sociopath.
A person with no limits is a sociopath because it means he/she can do anything cause it feels no empathy with the suffering of others or cares about the consequences of his/her actions.
The reason something like murder is considered undesirable by society isn't because the weak made it so. Besides if they are so weak then how come they have the ability to force society rules? If they can do that then they ain't the weak but the supposed strong ones are the weak.
Murder is undesirable because no society can faction with murder being considered an approved behavior. People will just kill each other left and right and no one could even sleep at night with peace. No one will be able to do anything cause it would be too busy watching out his/her back. Work that helps produce society goods will diminish and technology won't have the requirements to advance.
Nothing can work if you can't trust anyone.

Saburo-kun said:
pretty crazy villain, for some reason just kind of reminded me of Makishima from Psycho-Pass, maybe just his ideology or something.

Makishima had a more reasonable ideology that this guy by far. Makishima was trying to bring down a fascist police state system, he may have used cruel undesirable methods but the ultimate goal was quite logical, this guy is just crazy really. Look what i said above on why this guy makes no sense.
MonadOct 3, 2014 12:30 AM
Oct 16, 2014 7:58 AM

Aug 2013
Damn... that was super cool.
Again with the mind boggling ideals.. won't bother thinking too deep on that.
Seems like there's the villain and antagonist flags are getting raised.
Pretty short action time but very well done. Love the music.
Dec 7, 2014 2:42 AM
May 2014
Really liked this episode. The best one so far.
Jan 23, 2015 12:58 PM
Mar 2014
i thought the no. 1 graduate was moral, actually. lol
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Jul 28, 2015 3:26 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent episode in general, let's see what's next.
Aug 30, 2015 9:51 PM

Feb 2015
THIS is when things get interesting! i really liked this one and i can finally see more into the characters. i just hope this keeps up. i've just finished looking at a bad anime plas no more (guilty crown)D:
Apr 3, 2016 5:13 AM

Feb 2012
Well, this episode was quite... nice.

Reveal about Nice being the top student was just so anti-climatic. Like, if Murasaki's the second placer, and Nice is the main character, DAN DAN DAN GUESS WHO'S THE TOP 1????

The weird color thing is still okay for me, but I think I'd still prefer a normal look during the fight scenes or something. Nice's snapping is awesome. I'm actually pretty happy that this isn't another dumb-MC/smart-MC duo. I hope there's a better explanation with their powers soon.

Also, I was half expecting Moral to go VOI!!!!!!!! on me for a second there-
Save who? Nice? Or Hajime? Or Art? Art not having a minimum and possibly wanting to have one is quite.... scary.... HE'S MY FAVORITE SO FAR

AND HOW DO YOU PEOPLE KNOW DOCTOR'S NAME IS RATIO?? WHAT?? DID I MISS IT???

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Aug 13, 2017 11:19 AM

Jun 2016
So, Hiroshi Kamiya's character who is Art from Hamatora which kinda resembles Bungou Stray Dogs (Hamatora >>>>> Bungou Stray Dogs) is the same as Ranpo from Bungou Stray Dogs because they both have no special ability? Holy shit. What's up with his characters, maan? They're both detectives (police rather), and even though they have no special ability, they're both very intelligent and everyone thinks so highly of them.

I'm not complaining, though. I love Ranpo and Art. Hihi. So, I'm freaking out here. Haha.

And damn that long-haired asshole for pissing off my baby Art, like how fookin' dare you!?!?!

Already suspected that Nice was the top graduate, though. Hahaha. Though, I really thought it was Art at first. :/

Loved this episode.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Feb 1, 2019 7:52 AM

Jul 2008
So.....Hulk smash?
Feb 27, 2020 10:56 AM
Jan 2017
the sub plot between the hulk kid and his moth was nice.
But I dont know if I wanna continue with this anime. It seems like a boring version of: Doouble Decker: Doug&Krill. So I might drop it here.
May 19, 2020 4:16 AM

Jul 2016
Yasu-kun said:

purple hulk

Seems like a poor mans poor Makishima.

Aug 2, 2023 3:47 AM
Aug 2023
well three episodes in and i already knnow what's going to happen to Art. This episode was chilling with the way the kid turned monster called the lady that hired Nice and Co. mom the most exciting episode for me tbh
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

262 by Mishiia »»
Mar 1, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2014

105 by Destroyer31 »»
Aug 22, 2023 7:26 PM

» Does anyone else think this anime is very shallow?

7EJh77b - Dec 7, 2015

4 by BreakApart »»
Sep 3, 2022 11:44 AM

» Worth Watching?

_txhsin__ - Jun 1, 2022

8 by Kibbi500 »»
Jun 3, 2022 9:46 AM

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

221 by HorikitaNemesis »»
Nov 18, 2020 4:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.