Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
May 28, 2014 9:50 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 113946
alexpte said:
But you just said it was confirmed lol.

I said it was confirmed 2 cour, not the arc. The twitter post was already posted earlier today.
 
May 28, 2014 9:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 12958
Stark700 said:
alexpte said:
But you just said it was confirmed lol.

I said it was confirmed 2 cour, not the arc. The twitter post was already posted earlier today.


Ah, then I guess you misread my initial statement. I already knew it was two cour (thanks to tsubasalover), I was just asking what arcs it will cover.
 
May 28, 2014 9:58 PM

Online
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 10473
alexpte said:
Stark700 said:
alexpte said:
But you just said it was confirmed lol.

I said it was confirmed 2 cour, not the arc. The twitter post was already posted earlier today.


Ah, then I guess you misread my initial statement. I already knew it was two cour (thanks to tsubasalover), I was just asking what arcs it will cover.


Well, since it has the same number of average pages as attack on titan which is about 40+ pages, and it's also monthly. I'll say probably between 30-35 chapters will be adapted.
Modified by keragamming, May 28, 2014 10:01 PM
 
May 28, 2014 10:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 12958
keragamming said:
Well, since it has the same number of average pages as attack on titan which is about 40+ pages, and it's also monthly. I'll say probably between 30-35 chapters will be adapted.


And we get a major cliffhanger along with that too lol.
 
May 28, 2014 10:18 PM

Online
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 10473
alexpte said:
keragamming said:
Well, since it has the same number of average pages as attack on titan which is about 40+ pages, and it's also monthly. I'll say probably between 30-35 chapters will be adapted.


And we get a major cliffhanger along with that too lol.


I think that would be a good place to end it, if it ends there then the anime will be pretty fast pace then.
 
May 28, 2014 10:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 11686
I'm not too hyped because my high exceptions could be ruined easily.

 
May 29, 2014 12:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2032
Mrvalor756 said:
NeutralSide said:
I AM HYPED but at the same time I wonder if they will Censor all the gore and some realism.I would be completely bummed out but still watch it for the sake of I want to watch it animated.
Also anyone confirmed if this is coming out on June? and is it a 24 Episode?


Dunno last one, but yea june it is. It's confirmed.

It will be aired starting 7th July, most Summer anime start in July afterall. Also, I hope it'll be 26/25 eps instead of the usual 24. Seeing as there's a lot of action, they can burn through the chapters pretty fast and end it right before the religious arc. Even Shingeki managed to include original materials in several eps while adapting 33 chapters quite faithfully, so I think they can do it if they really want to.

 
May 29, 2014 1:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3231
keragamming said:
alexpte said:
Stark700 said:
alexpte said:
But you just said it was confirmed lol.

I said it was confirmed 2 cour, not the arc. The twitter post was already posted earlier today.


Ah, then I guess you misread my initial statement. I already knew it was two cour (thanks to tsubasalover), I was just asking what arcs it will cover.


Well, since it has the same number of average pages as attack on titan which is about 40+ pages, and it's also monthly. I'll say probably between 30-35 chapters will be adapted.


Don't forget that Attack on Titan's pacing was extremely inconsistent and most of the time right out sluggish and they added multiple episodes worth of anime orginal content.

That being said, I'm sure that they could easily adapt up to the current arc without needing to rush anything.

Definitely glad to see it will be two cours. Anything else would have been just horrible, because we wouldn't have gotten anywhere in just half the episodes.
 
May 29, 2014 2:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 61
AkatsukiWolf said:
I'm not too hyped because my high exceptions could be ruined easily.


Well I wish the best for the adaptation since manga is one of the most entertaining since a long time(for me ofc.). Buuut there are 3 cons or unsure things about it:
1. Combat animation was never good thing in White Fox (or they did not serialized series with good combat.)

2. Censorship, wich is scaling up for quite some time in Japan and things like Pupa and Dangaronpa made me facepalm hard.

3. The script... I know script is little on safe side, since author is supporting it, but the main guy behind it just did not made any good job earlier in my opinion.

I wish this anime well, at least being only a tiny bit behind manga will be enough. But if it outrun it's source material... (which probably won't happen.) It would be nice :)

"I fear of losing while I am distracted by those breasts. Those breasts will probably shake a lot in the middle of battle. That's why I want to gain some training on female breasts as a countermeasure" - Koyomi Araragi - Kizumonogari.]
 
May 29, 2014 3:35 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 646
Mrvalor756 said:

2. Censorship, wich is scaling up for quite some time in Japan and things like Pupa and Dangaronpa made me facepalm hard.
I need that though, my sanity cant handle it probably if they didn't include some censorship at some scene..
then again, it will broadcasted on TV, so they will include some censorship of course.. unless you patient enough to wait for BD version.. though I need censorship, I didn't want it to be too exaggerated obviously
 
May 29, 2014 5:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 61
nicetomeet said:
I need that though, my sanity cant handle it probably if they didn't include some censorship at some scene..


I know, just gave hardcore(or more like annoying) examples of it. We'll just need to wait and see, how it will work. Also I will probably wait for BD. 1st episode will decide about it.

"I fear of losing while I am distracted by those breasts. Those breasts will probably shake a lot in the middle of battle. That's why I want to gain some training on female breasts as a countermeasure" - Koyomi Araragi - Kizumonogari.]
 
May 29, 2014 6:22 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 986
I'm quite excited for this! Let's see what whitefox will do with this because they can either ruin it or nail it. Summer can't come any quicker!!
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
 
May 29, 2014 7:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 602
Can't wait for it I love the manga so I have to see this!!
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?"

I'm Just Sayin' but you should click this Link
 
May 29, 2014 2:20 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 760
Don't want to get my hopes up too high only to be disappointed, but I'm pretty excited about this one.
 
May 29, 2014 3:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 533
I'm hyped for this! I read a couple of chapters from the manga, and I liked the characters and what I saw, but I would rather wait for the anime adaptation. Hope it lives to the expectations!
 
May 29, 2014 3:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 567
BeatzMe said:
keragamming said:
alexpte said:
Stark700 said:
alexpte said:
But you just said it was confirmed lol.

I said it was confirmed 2 cour, not the arc. The twitter post was already posted earlier today.


Ah, then I guess you misread my initial statement. I already knew it was two cour (thanks to tsubasalover), I was just asking what arcs it will cover.


Well, since it has the same number of average pages as attack on titan which is about 40+ pages, and it's also monthly. I'll say probably between 30-35 chapters will be adapted.


Don't forget that Attack on Titan's pacing was extremely inconsistent and most of the time right out sluggish and they added multiple episodes worth of anime orginal content.

That being said, I'm sure that they could easily adapt up to the current arc without needing to rush anything.

Definitely glad to see it will be two cours. Anything else would have been just horrible, because we wouldn't have gotten anywhere in just half the episodes.


from what i see, it is best to end with chapter 43-44, with the aftermath of their assasination.
compared to attack on titan we can skip through the chapters, since with adapting action animation it gets waaay faster than the world building like in SnK. AgK (i think we can already use this short term? :P) setting is way less complicated (untill to a later part) tha SnK, we could practically rush trough it and nobody would probably mind. also, remember SnK got few filler animation, which could replaced with manga chapters.

all in all, 44 episodes is doable, i think.
Mrvalor756 said:
AkatsukiWolf said:
I'm not too hyped because my high exceptions could be ruined easily.


Well I wish the best for the adaptation since manga is one of the most entertaining since a long time(for me ofc.). Buuut there are 3 cons or unsure things about it:
1. Combat animation was never good thing in White Fox (or they did not serialized series with good combat.)

2. Censorship, wich is scaling up for quite some time in Japan and things like Pupa and Dangaronpa made me facepalm hard.

3. The script... I know script is little on safe side, since author is supporting it, but the main guy behind it just did not made any good job earlier in my opinion.

I wish this anime well, at least being only a tiny bit behind manga will be enough. But if it outrun it's source material... (which probably won't happen.) It would be nice :)


to 1) white fox made katanagatari and jormungand so far, with the final episode of katanagatari one fight scene (which is very well animated, not godly, but still great) and from what i have heard from jormungand it has been epic fights there too.

for katanagatari https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1WtZreqQ4
^if they make all fight scenes this quality or better, i think we are on safe side

or according to wiki they did hataraku maou sama, if i remember correctly the final fight was also good. not godly, but great.

to 2) i fear that there will be censorship, they wont possibly put rape, flying bodyparts like arms and legs onto screen. (maybe the later one on blue ray). my point is (i have put it somewhere here i think), as long as they dont censor too much, it should be fine. scenes like blood, gore, knives/daggers cutting through bodies and stabbing into those should be fine. gunshots, wires and others included.

to 3) um, who are you meaning with the main guy? th director? he also was the one who made steins gate (yh, the original VN has been epic, but he could have screwed it up). he also took part with maou-sama [EDIT: after looking up he only did episode 10, which was okay in my opinion], katanagatari [again, only episode 3 and 8] and monster

hmm, if he put around 2, if only fights, 3 chapters of manga into 1 episode, it should be okay
Modified by Urek, May 29, 2014 3:58 PM
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
 
May 29, 2014 4:22 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6814
Too much hype isn't good for an anime...just saying
 
May 29, 2014 4:37 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 986
to 1) white fox made katanagatari and jormungand so far, with the final episode of katanagatari one fight scene (which is very well animated, not godly, but still great) and from what i have heard from jormungand it has been epic fights there too.

for katanagatari https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1WtZreqQ4
^if they make all fight scenes this quality or better, i think we are on safe side


I hope the battles aren't like that beceuse the animation looks lazy and stale to be honest..
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
 
May 29, 2014 4:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 11249
In terms of arcs, I hope they cover everything up to the introduction of Wild Hunt.
To the last, I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee. Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common pool!
 
May 29, 2014 9:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 339
I kind of am but I'm trying not to have high hopes for this series just in case this ends up being a disappointment.
 
May 29, 2014 9:35 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 6
I love Akame Ga Kill. So I think an anime would bring it into the big leagues. Just hoping the anime isn't to different from the manga.
Please excuse bullshit above:
This may be result of an Anime/Manga, or by haters like you, Thank you...
 
May 29, 2014 11:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 61
Hey Urek with 3. i meant Makoto Uezu. Guy behind most of Katanagatari SCRIPT. Also Steins;Gate got 3 actual directors and i Can't realy figure out who gave orders on this. Kobayashi (Director) impressed me most with directing some episodes in Monster, for me it's quite a feat. Thanks for that man. You made me look and wonder who the hell is directing this and I'm more confident for AgK.

On the other topic. Do you guys imagine, how awesome OST it will have? (Taku Iwasaki fanboy. He did music for Black Buttler, Tengen Toppa GL, JoJo's 2012 and Noragami for example.)
Modified by Mrvalor756, May 30, 2014 12:03 AM

"I fear of losing while I am distracted by those breasts. Those breasts will probably shake a lot in the middle of battle. That's why I want to gain some training on female breasts as a countermeasure" - Koyomi Araragi - Kizumonogari.]
 
Jun 2, 2014 4:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 390
So hyped! I'm hyped for a quite a few summer shows and this is definitely #1.
 
Jun 3, 2014 9:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 154
Cant wait for it!
and as I predicted Konishi Katsuyuki will providing Braht's sounds, I miss Kamina, I miss him.

*insert philosophical quote here*
 
Jun 4, 2014 8:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 61
hublaa said:
Cant wait for it!
and as I predicted Konishi Katsuyuki will providing Braht's sounds, I miss Kamina, I miss him.



Spoiler for chapters from 30 to 33

"I fear of losing while I am distracted by those breasts. Those breasts will probably shake a lot in the middle of battle. That's why I want to gain some training on female breasts as a countermeasure" - Koyomi Araragi - Kizumonogari.]
 
Jun 15, 2014 8:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 491
As long as it is not censored. Censorship ruins good things like this. I love the manga, and I hope that the adaptation turns out similar results.

 
Jun 15, 2014 9:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 201
me me me >.< Esdese please :))
 
Jun 15, 2014 9:14 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1180
I can not wait for this anime to come out... The manga is great and fun to read.
 
Jun 16, 2014 9:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 4667
It's going to be the Attack on Titan of 2014
 
Jun 17, 2014 1:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
So hyped, I read the manga and I got hooked on it and could not stop reading! If they adapt this correctly and don't mess up it could gain a lot of attention like Attack on Titan.
 
Jun 17, 2014 1:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 47012
I don't even know what this is about but everyones hype is getting to me... LOL

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!
 
Jun 17, 2014 2:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 3484
I'd probably be more hyped about this if they actually released a PV that showcases the animation with voice acting and not just the character designs.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
 
Jun 17, 2014 2:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 331
I think as long as they adapt it accurately and don't censor out or take shortcuts with plot or animation then it should be fantastic. The manga was basically one of the best i've read and i really hope this anime is successful. It could even be the action anime of 2014 if it succeeds even though it does have big competitors in fall like Fate Stay/Night and Psycho Pass 2.
 
Jun 17, 2014 2:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 12958
geralt said:
I'd probably be more hyped about this if they actually released a PV that showcases the animation with voice acting and not just the character designs.


I'm actually surprised no animated PV is out yet, especially with the anime coming in less than 3 weeks. SAO has like four, and other series have at least one.
 
Jun 18, 2014 2:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 61
That makes me a wee bit worried, but again there are 2 reasons they use no animated pv for: Their combat animations sucked earlier and they screwed it up... Oooor they wan't fans to have orgasms, when actual anime will rock our socks off.

"I fear of losing while I am distracted by those breasts. Those breasts will probably shake a lot in the middle of battle. That's why I want to gain some training on female breasts as a countermeasure" - Koyomi Araragi - Kizumonogari.]
 
Jun 19, 2014 3:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2032
alexpte said:
geralt said:
I'd probably be more hyped about this if they actually released a PV that showcases the animation with voice acting and not just the character designs.


I'm actually surprised no animated PV is out yet, especially with the anime coming in less than 3 weeks. SAO has like four, and other series have at least one.

Well, I think it's better this way. PVs makes anime seems more interesting and more beautiful than the real thing which will usually create baseless hype and high expectations for it, and we know how that went most of the time. Hype destroys the anime most of the time, at least here in MAL, excepts for a very few big projects with huge budgets.

 
Jun 19, 2014 3:13 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 986
I'm way too hyped for this summer and Akame ga Kill is my #1 priority, let's hope White Fox won't butcher the adaption. The staff for this anime sounds good at least and Square Enix is behind this so they probably have a great budget. If they nail this it could indeed be the Attack on Titan of 2014.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
 
Jun 19, 2014 5:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 32096
Great season this is going to be, a lot of shows that I'm looking forward to and this is in my top 5 :)
 
Jun 20, 2014 6:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 61
Let me put some coal to our hype train engine: New "animated" PV in the matter of hours aaand this sexy piece of picture:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqkirLpCYAA3c2i.jpg:large

"I fear of losing while I am distracted by those breasts. Those breasts will probably shake a lot in the middle of battle. That's why I want to gain some training on female breasts as a countermeasure" - Koyomi Araragi - Kizumonogari.]
 
Jun 20, 2014 6:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2032
Modified by EasyGo-er, Jun 20, 2014 7:28 AM

 
Jun 20, 2014 7:08 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 986
The hype is real I can't wait for the preview and looks like there's gonna be a lot of blooooof
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
 
Jun 20, 2014 10:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 153
I heard of this series before - should I watch it once it starts airing? Is it good? ._.
 
Jun 20, 2014 10:59 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1387
InTheOtherWorld said:
I heard of this series before - should I watch it once it starts airing? Is it good? ._.
It's another entertaining battle shounen, with the flavor of a corrupt, brutal world. Characters are likable as always and no one is a pacifist.
 
Jun 20, 2014 11:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 20
Hype hype.
Can't wait for it to begin.
Wondering which manga chapter will be the cutoff point for the anime though..
Let's hope they turn it into anime original.
 
Jun 20, 2014 2:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 616
Followed the manga for a long time and really excited on anime adaption. After seeing the latest PV, I just can't wait anymore!

Also knowing that it will be 2-cour long makes me feel at ease.
 
Jun 20, 2014 11:43 PM

Online
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 4512
Looks freaking good. So hype for this.
 
Jun 21, 2014 1:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 3058
Looking forward for this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jun 21, 2014 2:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 153
Mm... As an outsider's point of view, the character designs for some characters in particular look a little crude and didn't really fit in with the theme the PV seemed to be going for; they were too colourful.

But aside from that, it looks awesome. I can always expect such things from White Fox! And those clouds... Those f**king clouds... Holy cow. *drools*
 
Jun 21, 2014 3:03 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 986
InTheOtherWorld said:
Mm... As an outsider's point of view, the character designs for some characters in particular look a little crude and didn't really fit in with the theme the PV seemed to be going for; they were too colourful.

But aside from that, it looks awesome. I can always expect such things from White Fox! And those clouds... Those f**king clouds... Holy cow. *drools*


Don't worry soon most of those characters will be painted in red from their own blood and it will fit the show ;)
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
 
Jun 28, 2014 12:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 13
kikohunter said:
InTheOtherWorld said:
Mm... As an outsider's point of view, the character designs for some characters in particular look a little crude and didn't really fit in with the theme the PV seemed to be going for; they were too colourful.

But aside from that, it looks awesome. I can always expect such things from White Fox! And those clouds... Those f**king clouds... Holy cow. *drools*


Don't worry soon most of those characters will be painted in red from their own blood and it will fit the show ;)


 
Top
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »