Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jan 20, 2014 11:59 PM

The manga is spectacular, been wanting an anime adaption for a while and my wish finally came true

Jan 21, 2014 12:00 AM

I heard great things about this manga, and the art seems nice too. Hopefully it will be handled by a good studio

I might check out the manga later

Jan 21, 2014 12:45 AM

i'm really looking forward to this love the manga just hoping it won't be a bad adaption also wondering who will adapt it :D

Jan 21, 2014 1:21 AM

as long they have gore in the anime like in the manga im in

Jan 21, 2014 6:55 AM
My friend showed me this was airing but I didn't know what it was, so I read I'm reading the manga atm. Got to say past 3 chapters and I'm hyped by the amount of action, horror, and craziness 0.0 Its weird how they put humor and bloody horror so perfectly, reminds me of Deadman Wonderland.

Jan 21, 2014 7:42 AM

"I've been waiting for this!"
.. that's what I want to say, but cant say for sure if I can handle this one or not.. in anime format..
(I can still keep my sanity in the manga thought.. haha)
but sure I will give it a try, for the sake of my Akame~

Jan 21, 2014 10:11 AM

I'm not sure how this will even work out as an Anime, the Manga was aight though.
To the last, I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee. Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common pool!

Jan 21, 2014 11:52 AM

Starting Team Esdese. Let us set sail.

Jan 21, 2014 1:16 PM

I thought the manga was ok...I didn't like how I felt more for the jagers than night raid.

I'm going to give the series a shot though I'm not expecting much.

Jan 21, 2014 5:51 PM

I'm in. All aboard the Hype Train
Life is a song - sing it.
Life is a game - play it.
Life is a challenge - meet it.
Life is a dream - realize it.
Life is a sacrifice - offer it.
Life is love - enjoy it.

Jan 21, 2014 6:48 PM

I can't wait for guro anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 21, 2014 6:54 PM

Ooo, I know a friend of mine will be :)
And of course, I hope to be watching it as well :P
haha

Jan 21, 2014 9:51 PM

Im super hyped for this :D but I hope they dont fuck it up :/ and does anyone know which studio will animate this ?

Jan 22, 2014 2:40 AM

I had some mild interest in this because of it being a part of Minato Soft's Takahiro IV Project, but that's probably as far as it will get me. Not like anything will match the hype of the first title, anyway.

xurimx said:
and does anyone know which studio will animate this ?

It was leaked on a tweet that White Fox would do it, but then deleted:
http://imgur.com/6OMxwUo
"I may be liberal arts to the core, but I am capable of thinking logically."

Jan 22, 2014 2:41 AM

I am now slightly that I read the synopsis

Who's making it?

Jan 22, 2014 3:24 AM
Kami-sama

I love the manga a lot I just hope that they will do a good job adapting it , and if this would be released in 2014 (probably Fall) then I will start believing in God.

Jan 22, 2014 3:31 AM

Heard its White-Fox that will be taking over this.

White fox did jormungand

Not too sure, but yeah.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told

Jan 22, 2014 5:36 AM

I am very hyped for this, though I'm not sure how they are going to animate this very gory manga. I just hope the voice acting selection is chosen carefully.

Jan 22, 2014 5:46 AM

I'm going to get hyped again :))
Dear Shiina Mashiro! Best Wishes to us <3

Jan 22, 2014 10:33 AM

HELL YES! Gore?! HORROR?! I'm all in! I thought it was gonna be an eerie anime from the cover art, but was set back when I saw that so many characters were girls, and one guy(harem indicator). I'm glad it won't be like that though :)
Please send me a message/profile comment since I will most likely not check my forum posts. Thank you.

Jan 22, 2014 11:23 AM

Thi123 said:
HELL YES! Gore?! HORROR?! I'm all in! I thought it was gonna be an eerie anime from the cover art, but was set back when I saw that so many characters were girls, and one guy(harem indicator). I'm glad it won't be like that though :)
It is not really an harem at all buddy. You should read the manga a bit to make yourself a better idea.

Jan 22, 2014 11:28 AM

i'm super excited to it! i can't even wait and i still can't believe that another good horror manga gets an anime adaption except of tokyo ghoul and pupa :3

Jan 22, 2014 12:14 PM
I've waited MONTHS for this to get an anime. Can't wait.

Does anyone know if there's going to be censorship? If there is, it might butcher the entire anime.

Jan 22, 2014 1:09 PM

This is definitely going to be a great show, but i have a bad feeling about censorship ;/

Jan 22, 2014 3:24 PM

Kill La Kill S2 HELLS YAH!!

Jan 22, 2014 3:39 PM

yes yes yes yes yes yes

Bring it, my body is ready.
The Internet is a very bad place, you should never go there.

Jan 22, 2014 8:23 PM

Whoever isn't hyped for this needs to rescrew their heads back on the right place.

AKAME GA KILL <3

Jan 22, 2014 8:23 PM

Thi123 said:

It's not really a harem................there are other guys in the story too.

Jan 22, 2014 11:29 PM

Very hype. Hope not too much censor.

Jan 23, 2014 12:15 PM

Why are people saying this is a horror manga. It isn't at all. A little bit of blood and gore=/=horror

Jan 23, 2014 8:22 PM
jayvon said:
Kill La Kill S2 HELLS YAH!!

Only not at all. This show is actually serious

Jan 23, 2014 10:57 PM

They'll probably censor it but there's always the option to wait for BDs.

Jan 26, 2014 6:09 PM

It's a bit painful to see all your fav characters will be butchered again ...

Jan 27, 2014 1:29 PM
I love the manga. I am really hoping that the anime will live up to the awesomeness that manga is.

Jan 27, 2014 6:05 PM
I really like this manga. But I really wanted this manga to stay away from animation because I know when the anime comes out there's going to be a lot of hate.

Feb 7, 2014 1:28 PM

Only just got into it but I really like it so far and know it will get much better. Hopefully it's animated well and they keep a decent amount of the blood in it. Probably what I'm looking forward to the most this year as well as Mushishi, granted I don't know absolutely everything that's upcoming.

Feb 7, 2014 1:42 PM

Not exactly hyped, but I am happy to be able to watch it animated instead of reading it. I've heard of people saying that it wasn't all that good though, with

possibly manga spoiler ^
and I feel like the only hook of the series is the

I've only read 1 chapter, so I can't say for sure if it is.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Feb 8, 2014 11:31 PM

Gore?! HORROR?! it just became crap with a poor studio.....

Feb 9, 2014 10:19 AM

Hahaha, I'm so excited to see the reaction of the people who think this is just another shounen series.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)

Feb 9, 2014 2:14 PM

TonyC1994 said:
Hahaha, I'm so excited to see the reaction of the people who think this is just another shounen series.

It honestly kind of is. The plot is just as formulaic as your average battle shounen. The only difference is

Feb 10, 2014 5:51 PM

I wouldn't say its just blood.

I'll admit that at one moment it feels like your average shounen but in the next instant people are dying left and right in the most brutal ways. Also the tortures, human trafficking and rape...
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)

Feb 11, 2014 2:54 PM

TonyC1994 said:
I wouldn't say its just blood.

I'll admit that at one moment it feels like your average shounen but in the next instant people are dying left and right in the most brutal ways. Also the tortures, human trafficking and rape...

All of that just seems to be added in for the shock factor, which was apparent in chapter 45. The end of that chapter makes the mangaka's tone towards the new enemies really obvious as they were all just

The torture, human trafficking, and rape is supposed to show how corrupt and backward the empire is, but becomes increasingly more fanservicy as the author goes "haha look people are getting raped and arms are flying off! Isn't this so awesome!?"

It's honestly not that different from Pupa, where the manga shows lots of blood just to try to get the reader to be impressed.

Feb 18, 2014 10:12 PM

I just started reading it recently whens the anime coming out? I want it right nowww

Feb 20, 2014 2:37 AM

I haven't started to read the manga
But just looking from the manga's cover & synopsis
This maybe will be a really great anime & manga

Maybe I just have to open a book and read it...
Nope, my nature said I can't read
Too lazy to read xD

But judging from the fans.. It will be pretty "wow"
"Signature removed"

Feb 20, 2014 2:45 AM

The only thing this manga offers is gore , gore and more gore
90% of this world are just psychopaths, loli's cutting people in pieces, clowns raping children , it's just garbage made to shock people

Mar 17, 2014 9:24 AM

BenjiS said:
90% of this world are just psychopaths, loli's cutting people in pieces, clowns raping children , it's just garbage made to shock people

IMO, Behind all of the cheap shock value gore/rape along with the mangaka trolling with everyone getting killed off, akame is just another shonen/harem-in-disguise.

But even with all that, the reason I actually enjoyed the manga is because it seems kinda different from all of the other typical shonens full of plot armor and "the-power-of-friendship" tropes & cliches where the protagonist wins hopeless battles by last minute asspulls.

but I have to agree with you there, recently the mangaka has been getting pretty lazy/stale with more of the same..

Mar 18, 2014 4:16 PM

Kaoknight said:
BenjiS said:

IMO, Behind all of the cheap shock value gore/rape along with the mangaka trolling with everyone getting killed off, akame is just another shonen/harem-in-disguise.

But even with all that, the reason I actually enjoyed the manga is because it seems kinda different from all of the other typical shonens full of plot armor and "the-power-of-friendship" tropes & cliches where the protagonist wins hopeless battles by last minute asspulls.

but I have to agree with you there, recently the mangaka has been getting pretty lazy/stale with more of the same..

There's a ton of plot armor in Agk too. Important characters never die while new ones are killed off quite quickly.

Mar 18, 2014 5:16 PM

Cupquake said:

There's a ton of plot armor in Agk too. Important characters never die while new ones are killed off quite quickly.

yeah, there's is plot armor but at least its not used as much as it is in other series. This manga seems to just easily replace people whenever someone dies good guy or villain, and the faster they got replaced the more likely they are to get killed off..

Mar 19, 2014 5:15 AM

Cupquake said:
TonyC1994 said:

The torture, human trafficking, and rape is supposed to show how corrupt and backward the empire is, but becomes increasingly more fanservicy as the author goes "haha look people are getting raped and arms are flying off! Isn't this so awesome!?".

You say that as if it isn't a ton of fun to have an author that's playful with his story. Sure, you could say that it doesn't add anything to the actual story, but it's better than trying to be super realistic if the setting itself is already pretty absurd.

On the other hand, I haven't read the manga yet, so he could very well be overdoing his gore/shock stuff. But the way I see it that's pretty much the reason why people enjoy this story in the first place, because lots of characters aren't placed on a pedestal and simply die when they are unlucky or screw up.

Mar 19, 2014 7:13 PM
SHSL Sugar Daddy

>White Fox

Holy shit. This is going to be awesome.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »