Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 20, 2014 1:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oop I like the battlefield of this episode in the cities and canyon.

That idol this episode almost made me didn't recognize her for a second. Battle was pretty decent on most parts I guess. Ofc I was cheering for Reiji and Sei.

Great match overall though.
Jan 20, 2014 2:35 AM

Apr 2012
Wow you're fast. It isn't even out on Gundaminfo yet.
I'll be able to watch this maybe tommorow :)
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 20, 2014 3:42 AM

Mar 2013
Good episode, this episode makes up for the last two episode, next week seems to be the return of Iori dad.

and lol so Reiji is really a prince, and it seems he really has something to do with the particles, that ninja Niel.

Episode seems to have been out on gundaminfo 42 minutes ago.

Badass Fellini.
Jan 20, 2014 4:15 AM

Apr 2012
The GAR is strong in this episode and my god dat OST during their battle!
Jan 20, 2014 4:53 AM

Jul 2013
Damn, I loved when Fellini wrapped his beam cape around his Gundpa's arm to fight back against the enhanced build strike Gunpla. What a nice touch. He went HAM.

And yay for team Luang. :)
Jan 20, 2014 5:05 AM

Aug 2010
That was epic! Glad that a draw was enough to get enough points for qualifying :D

The battle was so awesome. Both were totally BA! Fellini's the man sacrificing his Fenice like that even though he's already got a spot.
And how Fellini and Sei were rebuilding their Gunpla together at the end put a huge smile on my face :)

I wonder though? If Reiji and Sei couldn't win against Fellini who although BA, I think is weaker than Aila and Kawaguchi...how are they gonna win against those 2? Will they need to sacrifice Star Build every fight?

Kirara is hot as usual with her normal clothes :3

The chairman pissing his pants when they passed to the finals was lol and when he was cowering in fear on his secretaries lap was hilarious XD Can't wait til the secrets about the particles is known though. I'm guessing it has something to do with aliens? ^^

Liked how Aila wanted to watch their battle? I wonder if that will change her look towards Gunpla?

Can't wait for nxt ep. Finally we get to see Sei's dad and Rinko is coming :D
Jan 20, 2014 5:38 AM

Oct 2010
RedgraveGilver said:
The GAR is strong in this episode and my god dat OST during their battle!

Yeah man i love the ost. They dont even have an official date for it yet.

Loved the episode and glad it was a draw. Look like they pulled a Gundam Unicorn move and i loved it.

Kirara looks the best with normal clothes.
Jan 20, 2014 5:44 AM

Jul 2012
Good OST. Great battle! It seems like Iori's and Reiji's new Gundam is going to be slightly different.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jan 20, 2014 5:49 AM

May 2013
That was a pretty good battle. Their gunplas were nearly goners there.
Jan 20, 2014 5:56 AM
Apr 2011
LOL...Mr. Ral is now patrolling the event center. Nils "Ninja Boy" Nielsen knows who to ask for Plavsky particles. Aila is now watching Gunpla battles but I bet she is just staring at Reiji. China is extra cute this episode when she got teary eyed during the match. Unfortunately the MILF is nowhere to be found...

This show is really entertaining and very consistent. I pity those people who dismissed this show as kiddy or mediocre.
Jan 20, 2014 6:21 AM

May 2008
This was by far the best episode outside of Loreiji vs The majin.

I was SO FREAKING GLAD the creators kept the damn cheating out of this match. Seriously If they had put some stupid "special catch" into the match, or had constant enviro changes, or cheated in some way I would be done with this series, regardless if Loreiji had one. You can not accept those gimmicks so long you know?

I'm really enjoying the OST. The battle was AMAZING. Which series was that fighter trick from? I know I've seen it before.

Also it looks like SBS doesn't really know shining finger. The OP shows him putting energy into his hand, which Is the Pariticle system, but he does it during this episode (several punches including the final) yet Fenice is able to take it. Too me, the shining fingers output is much higher and doesn't sacrifice the rest of the mobile suit.

Overall I give this episode a 6 out of 5. Very very good. Also, Loris dad coming back. Which gundam remake is that. It kind of reminds me of the one from 00 but not.
Nikato's PokePet

ChickMagnet the level 50 Pikachu!
Jan 20, 2014 6:39 AM

Mar 2013
Nikato said:

I was SO FREAKING GLAD the creators kept the damn cheating out of this match. Seriously If they had put some stupid "special catch" into the match, or had constant enviro changes, or cheated in some way I would be done with this series, regardless if Loreiji had one. You can not accept those gimmicks so long you know?

I'm really enjoying the OST. The battle was AMAZING. Which series was that fighter trick from? I know I've seen it before.

Also it looks like SBS doesn't really know shining finger. The OP shows him putting energy into his hand, which Is the Pariticle system, but he does it during this episode (several punches including the final) yet Fenice is able to take it. Too me, the shining fingers output is much higher and doesn't sacrifice the rest of the mobile suit.

Overall I give this episode a 6 out of 5. Very very good. Also, Loris dad coming back. Which gundam remake is that. It kind of reminds me of the one from 00 but not.

That's the beginning gundam I think?, from Model Suit Gunpla Builders Beginning G
Jan 20, 2014 6:59 AM

Sep 2010
That was one badass fighter I really enjoyed it! Figured it would turn out in a draw, but it was an exciting match.

Sei's Dad comes back next episode and when are we going to get more background on Moon Prince Reiji?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 20, 2014 7:42 AM

Jun 2011
Damn that was such a great fight

Vogue- said:
Damn, I loved when Fellini wrapped his beam cape around his Gundpa's arm to fight back against the enhanced build strike Gunpla. What a nice touch. He went HAM.

I love that he wrapped the cape around his arm too.

Still though i dont get the ranking thing. Sei & Reiji were in the top 12 and the others below that were losing by 4 points. So they lost one match and didnt get the 4 points, wouldnt that make them tied with the others for 12th? I mean even if those people who were not top 12 won the race they'd just be getting the same score as Sei & Reiji. So how the heck did they get to 17th?
Jan 20, 2014 7:48 AM

Aug 2010
ArcanaTrace said:

Still though i dont get the ranking thing. Sei & Reiji were in the top 12 and the others below that were losing by 4 points. So they lost one match and didnt get the 4 points, wouldnt that make them tied with the others for 12th? I mean even if those people who were not top 12 won the race they'd just be getting the same score as Sei & Reiji. So how the heck did they get to 17th?

BS for suspense I guess :P

Because really, like u said. They should be at least 12th ^^;...Luang lost one already and he was guaranteed to qualify just by winning this match so Reiji and Sei should've already been guaranteed? Hahaha well who cares XD
Jan 20, 2014 8:07 AM

May 2008
5596050 said:
Nikato said:

That's the beginning gundam I think?, from Model Suit Gunpla Builders Beginning G
It is! I thought I've seen it before (from pictures)

These two series aren't connected right? I wonder what the specs are.
Nikato's PokePet

Jan 20, 2014 9:07 AM

Sep 2011
An absolutely amazing episode... The battle is so damn good like the Build Strike vs the Zaku Amazing...
I am going to enjoy rewatching this episode this week.
Jan 20, 2014 9:23 AM
Nov 2012
bonifide said:

Yeah man i love the ost. They dont even have an official date for it yet.

They do actually: it's coming out March 12th.

And everything about this episode can be summed up with EPIC BROFIST!
Jan 20, 2014 10:41 AM
Oct 2010
Awesome epsiode, nielson being a ninja was just LMFAO.
Jan 20, 2014 10:52 AM

May 2008
skudoops said:
I was laughing my ass off.

One of Gundams first Major African characters (I'm so proud that I'm finally repped!) is considered polite, smart, cool, and now a damn Ninja.

I mean seriously. It's so hard to find any kind of anime where they don't portray black people in a stereotypical sense. He's just amazing.
Nikato's PokePet

Jan 20, 2014 12:33 PM

Jun 2012
Did anyone else notice the Garma Zabi cameo around Kirara and Riccardo's talk? Actually, there were a pile of character cameos at that one point, I just can't recall all the others.

Honestly, I would of been disappointed if Riccardo even considered forfeiting for Iori and Reiji, sure it's nice to help them out whenever you can, but they need to fight their own battles.

I'm considering giving this show a 10/10, this episode was out of this world and possibly the single best fight of post 2000 Gundam imo. Well, that may be a stretch, but still, it was fucking tense!
I'm wondering who the Iori/Reiji duo will face in the championship seeing as they can only battle four opponents. I believe it's a given for the last two battles to be Meijin and Aila but before that I'm hoping we'll get Mao and Nils. But, what of the Renato brothers or Luang Dallara grudge matches, will they be the Yamcha and Krillin of Gundam Build Fighters? Even Riccardo needs a final battle but I guess we'll get to see them fight and lose to Meijin and Aila in glorious battles before the finals.
Loved seeing Riccardo and Iori reconstructing their Gunpla from near scratch together, I'd imagine now they'd know all of each others gimmicks and whatnot. Maybe we'll get a Real Grade Wing Gundam Fenice.

Next episode we're getting a family reunion, how nice.
Is that a beginning Gundam and SD Commando Gundam I see?
OchimushaJan 20, 2014 12:44 PM
Jan 20, 2014 12:35 PM

Mar 2012
I'm literally shaking. That was awesome!
Jan 20, 2014 12:42 PM

Feb 2009
Haha that kind of looked like Optimus Prime the Astray Sengoku X-scissored.
Jan 20, 2014 12:48 PM

Jun 2012
I couldn't quite put my finger on it at first but I believe the Mobile Armor Luang took out in his final match was the Alvatore, I thought they already used it in this show but I guess that was just the alvaaron.
The Geara Doga of this episode also intrigued me, it looked like the weapons were pulled off the Jag'd Doga...
We also got a nice Legend Gundam vs Kampfer Amaing and a Gengaozoa to represent Victory Gundam.
seiyu said:
Haha that kind of looked like Optimus Prime the Astray Sengoku X-scissored.
Looked like a Psyco Gundam in Convoy/Prime color scheme to me aswell.

OchimushaJan 20, 2014 12:52 PM
Jan 20, 2014 12:49 PM
Mar 2012
That was by far the most badasss fight of the series
Jan 20, 2014 12:56 PM

Jun 2008
There was so much GAR, I can't help but shed manly tears.

I can't watch another anime today...that was just to beautiful.. T_T
kaimaxJan 20, 2014 1:00 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jan 20, 2014 1:38 PM

Sep 2011
ORYAAAAAAA!!! This is hands down the best episode yet. It's been a while since a fight scene has been that awesome in any anime.
Jan 20, 2014 2:54 PM

Jul 2013
YorozuyaGinSan said:
I'm wondering who the Iori/Reiji duo will face in the championship seeing as they can only battle four opponents. I believe it's a given for the last two battles to be Meijin and Aila but before that I'm hoping we'll get Mao and Nils. But, what of the Renato brothers or Luang Dallara grudge matches, will they be the Yamcha and Krillin of Gundam Build Fighters? Even Riccardo needs a final battle but I guess we'll get to see them fight and lose to Meijin and Aila in glorious battles before the finals.

Personally, I think Aila won't be the "final boss" because she's becoming tender and humanized. Plus, she doesn't even like Gunpla, so I wouldn't be surprised if she was eliminated in some sort of cop out fashion.

Meijin will probably be the final fight, or at least the semi-final fight.

The lame brothers will be eliminated first round. They really have nothing to offer as characters or fighters.

Mao is almost guaranteed to face Sei and Reiji. I'd guess round 1 or 2, and would be highly surprised if they didn't face off in the tournament bracket.

Would like to see an underdog like Ricardo or Luang take out Nils. Those two are super passionate and it would be fitting that a prodigy who's only asset is talent, would be taken out by dedication and willpower.
Jan 20, 2014 3:42 PM

Nov 2011
Lovin' this episode, giving the series a 9/10.

This episode and ep.6 were some of the best of Gundam (or Gunpla in this case) battles in anime I have seen, the storyline is okay so far but it's the brutal battles that really make the series shine especially when it becomes a one-on-one fight and the two fighters duke it out to the very bitter end.

Spoiler: [I didn't expect the round to end as a draw but hey Sei & Reiji made it through to the final round, who would've known they only needed two points to put them into 16th place? ]

Can't wait to see the final battles!
forumuser009Jan 20, 2014 3:45 PM
Jan 20, 2014 4:46 PM

Aug 2011
The feels when Fellini was talking to his gundam. Dat backstory!

Best fight in the series so far!
Jan 20, 2014 5:26 PM

Jul 2012
Just totally feeling the GARness of this ep. Anyone up for a brofist? Put em up bros!
Jan 20, 2014 6:03 PM

Jun 2012
I thought Iori's dad was dead so the preview was quite a surprise.
Jan 20, 2014 8:07 PM

Jul 2012
Holy crap, that was badass as fuck.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 20, 2014 8:43 PM

Aug 2012
The fight and OST that accompanied it were just fantastic. GBF is just pure quality
Jan 20, 2014 10:48 PM

Mar 2013
Watch as Sunrise pull one over us and decided to make the top 16 or top 8 a round of battle royale again, except that everyone is in the same area.

Nikato said:

It is! I thought I've seen it before (from pictures)

These two series aren't connected right? I wonder what the specs are.

I don't think they are connected, but it sure would be a surprise by Sunrise if they are connected!.
Jan 20, 2014 10:54 PM
Nov 2013
The battle I always wanted to see! The action was great though I was expecting a bit more. The main objective of this episode was for Sei and Reiji to successfully enter the finals. Can't wait for the next episode!
Jan 20, 2014 10:55 PM
Nov 2013
The battle I always wanted to see! The action was great though I was expecting a bit more. The main objective of this episode was for Sei and Reiji to successfully enter the finals. Can't wait for the next episode!
Jan 21, 2014 1:02 AM

Jul 2009
ArcanaTrace said:
Damn that was such a great fight

Vogue- said:

I love that he wrapped the cape around his arm too.

its a tad bit confusing with the scoring, but you have to note that in case of tie scores, it is settled by the average score of the players you beat the previous rounds usually. for instance, say 5 rounds past and 2 players won all of their matches, player one's opponents say won 4 rounds, only losing to player one while player 2's opponents dropped out of the tournament or had a score less than 4 wins. On ranking, player one will rank higher, despite both having the same win/loss/draw record.
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Jan 21, 2014 1:12 AM

Aug 2010
skudoops said:

That was so random, what did he need the sword for?
Jan 21, 2014 1:46 AM

Apr 2008
YorozuyaGinSan said:
I'm considering giving this show a 10/10, this episode was out of this world and possibly the single best fight of post 2000 Gundam imo. Well, that may be a stretch, but still, it was fucking tense!

Hey, have you seen 08th MS Team - A battle with the third dimension? It's a short special included with 08th MS Team's Blu-ray Box and, believe me, it's awesome!

About yesterday's episode, it was one of the best I've seen so far in GBF. Right now I have Wing Fenice's head as my main wallpaper XD
Jan 21, 2014 4:13 AM

Aug 2009
"Partner"

I love this anime.
Jan 21, 2014 4:45 AM

Apr 2012
-Great fight! That was intense. Makes me wanna buy a Wing Gundam Fenice :p
-That strategy used by Sei (using a string to fire the universe booster's guns), I think I saw that before, in Victory Gundam (ep1 I think?)
-Beginning Gundam next ep, plus Sei's father! Very excited.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 21, 2014 6:38 AM

Nov 2009
I loved this episode!!!

The match between Sei & Reiji and Ricardo with their gundam was brilliant to watch. Nice to see the Wing gundam make use of the terrain to put the Star Build Strike in a pinch. As a Gunpla builder myself, I can really feel for them two as the feeling of actually creating the gundam makes you so proud and to be able to control it in a battle must be very exciting.

Kirara sure surprised me with her sudden change in appearance. The Star Build Strike really is a powerful gundam and there is still the 'Aqua Mode' yet to be revealed as part of the trio subsets of the Discharge System so I wonder that it has in show for us.

Next episode shows Sei's dad coming back so will be looking forward to the next episode!!

5/5

Jan 21, 2014 9:48 AM

Jun 2008
billng said:
skudoops said:

That was so random, what did he need the sword for?

We already know that Niels is a big weaboo, so yeah for role playing purposes. lol

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jan 21, 2014 12:59 PM

Nov 2012
Good fight, I guess wasn't all that impressed like most users because I watched it shortly after catching up to Unicorn lol.
Jan 21, 2014 1:04 PM

Oct 2011
AWESOME!!! EPIC!!!! Manly tears were shed T___T
Jan 21, 2014 3:45 PM

Apr 2012
AnimeFan500 said:
AWESOME!!! EPIC!!!! Manly tears were shed T___T

AGE made me shed tears over a battleship.
This one made me shed tears over a toy.

Jan 22, 2014 7:24 AM

Oct 2009
I almost shed tears ;_; that was so dam good!! That battle man...release the dam OST already :(!!
I really feel like giving this a 10/10 but needs a final little push.
Jan 23, 2014 1:43 AM

Jan 2013
Ended in a draw, that's surprising.
Also, such a highly rated episode.
Jan 23, 2014 4:09 AM
May 2012
I'm really anxious to see the next match instead of focus of Sei's father next episode....
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2013

46 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 21, 1:05 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

32 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 21, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2013

44 by Yoggix »»
Oct 10, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

45 by Yoggix »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

45 by Yoggix »»
Oct 10, 2023 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.