Forum Settings
Forums

Do you wear or have any anime stuff at school

New
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 17, 2009 6:05 PM

Sep 2007
If a Chibi Kyon keychain counts, than I do.
Mar 17, 2009 6:07 PM

Jul 2008
no not really ...
haha
Mar 17, 2009 6:10 PM

Jun 2008
I have anime stuff on my binders, and bags. Cellphone and etc. I wouldn't mind wearing anime clothes if they sold cute tight fitting shirts. Since they don't seem to do so, I'm making my own tight fitting cute Lelouch shirt!
Mar 17, 2009 6:11 PM

Jul 2008
na, i never did though i have seen quite a few people that have especially those naruto headbands.
Mar 17, 2009 6:41 PM

Feb 2009
My school years predate anime, wasn't an option :)

I likely would have though.

My son has worn his Anime North Con T-shirt to school though (Jr High).
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Mar 17, 2009 7:00 PM

Feb 2008
Mostly t-shirts.

2 L shirts, 1 FMA, 1 Kyo (Fruits Basket) shirt, 1 Inuyasha and crew shirt, 1 Sesshomaru wristband, a few Inuyasha patches for a jeans jacket.

There's a Cheshire Cat bag I want... but for now I just have a Batman one. XD

I wish I had people to play Pokemon Cards with back in an earlier school. Mostly we ran around AS Pokemon. Fun times, fun times. X 3
Mar 17, 2009 8:21 PM

Jun 2008
I had a Pokemon shirt in 7th grade but other than that I didn't wear any anime stuff throughout middle and high school. Now I'll wear my Anime Boston shirts sometimes though.
Mar 17, 2009 8:27 PM
Mar 2008
I keep everything at home, and I only own an anime t-shirt I got for free.
Mar 17, 2009 8:35 PM

Mar 2008
nope, anime clothes dont go with my style rly.
Mar 17, 2009 8:54 PM

Feb 2009
I wear an "I am boss" t-shirt like the one from minami-ke, only one person has recognized it
Mar 17, 2009 9:40 PM

Dec 2008
Today I saw someone on campus wearing Naruto's jacket. I promptly turned away with a very heavy urge to facepalm.

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Mar 17, 2009 9:49 PM

Jan 2009
I may wear a couple of shirts here and there, but I don't really go beyond that, nor do I plan to.
Mar 17, 2009 10:02 PM

Jul 2008
I have shirts that I sometimes wear to school.

I read the manga at my school's library manga section... And I have some anime keychains on my backpack. That's all.
Mar 17, 2009 10:25 PM

Jul 2007
I try my best to not look like a stain on human society. Difficult, I know.
Mar 18, 2009 12:31 AM

Mar 2008
Kyora said:
Today I saw someone on campus wearing Naruto's jacket. I promptly turned away with a very heavy urge to facepalm.

Do you hate Naruto, or just people wearing Naruto clothing to school/college?

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Mar 18, 2009 4:31 AM

Mar 2008
Nope because I don't have anime shirts or other anime stuff ;__;

Wait I do have one anime pin but I don't dare to use it because I have almost lost it few times! XD
Mar 18, 2009 6:40 AM

Feb 2009
Hmmm actually, I wonder if you know anyone else that is like my son in that he's always writing Kanji on his arms. And no I don't know what he saying :) Doubt anyone else does either.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Mar 18, 2009 6:47 AM

Jan 2008
RetroRainbow said:
With people around me, to them, it's meant to be 'ironic'; carrying Hello Kitty stuff around when you're eighteen years old, of course it just has to be.

Since the World of Warcraft episode of South Park, Hello Kitty is now officially serious business. No irony there.
Mar 18, 2009 10:24 AM

Jul 2008
I'm a pretty solid believer of keeping my addiction at home, and if it's something I must have, making it very inconspicuous. So, no and no.

Kyora said:
You say that as if you didn't facepalm :(

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Mar 18, 2009 10:39 AM

Jul 2008
The only thing 'anime-related' I bring to school is my Itachi necklace..
And most likely manga or my anime magazines to read during recess ..
Kipi, The Goddess of Cosplay Fanclub and Arisa the Queen of Cosplay Fanclub!

Mar 18, 2009 11:16 AM

Mar 2008
I do have a T-shirt of Chii and Kero-chan, and when I wear them I occasionally hear "Hey - that shirt, it's from, eh... what's it called again?" so I s'pose there are actually people who know about Chobits or CCS at my school.
Mar 18, 2009 11:35 AM

Dec 2008
Baby_Naruto said:

No, I mean they were wearing a cosplay-rendition of Naruto's jacket. Like in fabulously bright orange and all.

I don't mind showing off your anime power level, but there should be an extent.

Bakayaro said:
Kyora said:
You say that as if you didn't facepalm :(
I didn't because I figure it might be too conspicuous. :T Instead I just shook my head sadly.

Mar 18, 2009 5:38 PM

Feb 2009
Nothing really Ive worn a clannad cosplay just to see what would happen no one noticed. I'm not to big on anime character shirts.
Mar 18, 2009 5:42 PM

Nov 2008
I own quite a few anime related pieces of clothing... but I use them like suits.

You only wear them during the right occasions (ie. conventions!), or else you'll look out of place.

Or in this case, a fucking dork.
KamadakiMar 18, 2009 5:45 PM
<div style="text-align:right;">1copy.jpg</div>
Mar 18, 2009 8:04 PM

Mar 2008
Kyora said:
Baby_Naruto said:

No, I mean they were wearing a cosplay-rendition of Naruto's jacket. Like in fabulously bright orange and all.

Ah, so you dislike people that are so obsessed that they go out of their way to look exactly like the person they are cosplaying?

Mar 18, 2009 8:06 PM
Dec 2008
Baby_Naruto said:
Kyora said:
Baby_Naruto said:

Ah, so you dislike people that are so obsessed that they go out of their way to look exactly like the person they are cosplaying?

I see no reason to "dislike" a person that can express themselves with that much balls. Personally, I couldn't do it. So *hats off to them*
Mar 18, 2009 8:08 PM

Mar 2008
Yuruku said:
Baby_Naruto said:
Kyora said:
Baby_Naruto said:

I see no reason to "dislike" a person that can express themselves with that much balls. Personally, I couldn't do it. So *hats off to them*

I feel the same way as you, I was just guessing as to how he felt about it.

Mar 18, 2009 8:16 PM
Dec 2008
windy said:
i would buy a few subtle shirts, but i'm too poor atm.
i have a gokudera hayato phone strap, but my current phone has no hole for a phone strap. :(
the background of my phone is that chibi picture of lithuania from hetalia, if that counts...

When in doubt, duct tape it to the phone!
Mar 18, 2009 8:41 PM

Dec 2008
Baby_Naruto said:
Kyora said:
Baby_Naruto said:

No cosplaying is fine. I cosplay.

But in public, for no reason... IDK, I feel like it should be restricted a bit more? I mean it's really up to the person but running around in bright-orange jacket itself is just... tacky, lol. Like I've mentioned, I wear parts of cosplays in public and no one really notices anything because they don't stick out like a sore thumb.

Mar 18, 2009 8:44 PM

Jan 2009
Occasionally I wear random anime t shirts. Thaz about it

Mar 18, 2009 8:49 PM

May 2008
Monkey_D_Luffy said:
Uniforms >.>...

this!
Mar 18, 2009 11:45 PM

Mar 2008
Kyora said:
Baby_Naruto said:
Kyora said:
Baby_Naruto said:

No cosplaying is fine. I cosplay.

But in public, for no reason... IDK, I feel like it should be restricted a bit more? I mean it's really up to the person but running around in bright-orange jacket itself is just... tacky, lol. Like I've mentioned, I wear parts of cosplays in public and no one really notices anything because they don't stick out like a sore thumb.

I have a feeling that this person you saw either doesn't know it's a no-no to wear in public places, or they do know and don't give a shit.

Mar 18, 2009 11:48 PM

Dec 2008
Baby_Naruto said:
I have a feeling that this person you saw either doesn't know it's a no-no to wear in public places, or they do know and don't give a shit.

Either way it doesn't matter. I don't like it and that's just me. If other people are fine with wearing it, then that's just dandy for them.

IMO, it just leaves a bad impression. It does for me, at least. Eh.

Mar 18, 2009 11:52 PM

Mar 2008
Kyora said:
Baby_Naruto said:

Either way it doesn't matter. I don't like it and that's just me. If other people are fine with wearing it, then that's just dandy for them.

IMO, it just leaves a bad impression. It does for me, at least. Eh.

I know that you don't care, I was just stating my guess on this person's thinking lol.

Personally, I'd do the exact same thing as him/her, and maybe more, but that's just me.

Mar 19, 2009 12:53 AM

Mar 2008
We have a regular share of kilt-wearing guys at school, but if I really saw someone in a Naruto jacket, I'd chuckle for a bit. XD

Though I must say, if you're able to put that off, you surely have much courage. You're actually inviting people to bully you if you do that. I know, whole freedom of expressing stuff, but you wouldn't want your exhibitionist teacher to 'wear' whatever he likes to school, there are some standard rules in school and work, and they're there for a reason.
Mar 19, 2009 2:10 AM

Apr 2008
i did cosplay once, and gonna do it again this summer.

Mar 19, 2009 3:27 AM

Dec 2008
I wear my L shirt in my hostel ^^
Mar 19, 2009 7:54 AM

Apr 2008
Aw, hell no.

I have shirts, but I wear them at home. :')
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2009 8:40 AM

May 2008
I don't even have anime related stuff besides a couple of mangas xD
Mar 19, 2009 12:16 PM

Dec 2007
Public cosplay. *ding dong*

Besides that I have some j-list t-shirts, a Cowboy Bebop bag with Ein, tons of notebooks I make myself, the Japanese school's swimsuit, two other bags of Japanese origin, and my Loveless wallet. Ah and I have Pokemon underwear, but it's old and unsexy.

Next spending sprees will be in MOAR bags, phone-straps (need one), keychans (need one ><), tops (need a ton) and maybe another swimsuit.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Mar 19, 2009 12:23 PM

Sep 2007
If I had any anime shirts, I'd probably wear them to school, as I don't have that many shirts in the first place.

But other than that, no. Never.
Mar 19, 2009 2:21 PM

Jan 2009
No,Unfortunately.
Mar 19, 2009 3:20 PM

Jul 2008
ladyxzeus said:
Ah and I have Pokemon underwear, but it's old and unsexy.
That's what you think!

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Mar 19, 2009 3:25 PM

Jan 2008
i have a hello kitty shirt but thats the only thing i have to wear thats anime related at all. I dont own much at all that has to do with anime.
Mar 19, 2009 3:40 PM

Jul 2008
I wear my Death Note t-shirt at college sometimes, and I wouldn't hesitate to wear any other anime t-shirt either. My clothes exist to express my interests!
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Mar 19, 2009 4:37 PM

Jun 2008
ladyxzeus said:
the Japanese school's swimsuit.

Can I get a pic of you in this?

:)
(づ°‿°.)づ
Mar 19, 2009 4:42 PM

Apr 2008
I used to carry around some Fullmetal Alchemist and Inuyasha keychains on my pocketbooks, but they got really dirty, so I threw them out. Also, if it counts, I used to wear a Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children) pin on my backpack.

In my school, there are two big anime-style murals hanging on the walls that were painted by some former students. One of them is a simple picture of a boy and girl walking with books behind him and another is of a girl (who looks like Kurama from YuYu Hakusho) looking up. I thought it was cool that this kind of art style has been recognized long before I first entered the school. There's also a volume of One PIece in my school library.
Mar 19, 2009 4:43 PM

Jul 2008
I have a few anime pins on my bookbag that I bought at a con last year. Other than that, and my Death Note shirt that I sometimes (ok, often) wear, I don't really have much. My house, on the other hand...
Mar 19, 2009 4:57 PM

Dec 2007
Ontario said:
ladyxzeus said:
the Japanese school's swimsuit.

Can I get a pic of you in this?

:)

Eventually, when I go to the next music festival (pretty much the only place where I wear a swimsuit). I only bought it after the last one, so it has never been used in "action"
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Mar 19, 2009 10:11 PM
Mar 2009
Nope. My friend and I saw someone wearing this Naruto cloak thing that's red&black. Most hilarious things ever. I can't believe someone would wear anime costumes daily to school--and this is highschool. o.o'

No offense to other MyAnimeListers who dress up like this for school.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 9 hours ago

21 by Ex-Aid »»
3 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 11 hours ago

45 by traed »»
5 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - 5 hours ago

5 by Ex-Aid »»
5 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

43 by Jutrio »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 9 hours ago

31 by Jutrio »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.