Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 4, 2009 12:56 PM

Jun 2008
She was pretty annoying...and didn't refute the fact when people thought she was Ogata...

Apr 4, 2009 8:39 PM

Mar 2008
azureblayze said:
seriously... SERIOUSLY? how can people actually feel sorry for suzuri? she tried to run away from the white, MILITARY, ridebacks with ginormous swords and shields, for heaven's sake. what would you really expect to happen in that situation.

also, i got the feeling that she wasn't paying attention to what was in front of her at all while she was (pointlessly) yelling towards rin, so she most certainly would have run over anything small that got in her way... like a small child or a baby. you wouldnt feel sorry for her if she ran over a baby, would you?

suzuri wins a darwin award for succumbing to survival of the fittest.

though, now rin has an excuse to start clubbing white riders to death with their own beatsticks, so this episode was +2 for getting to see natural selection at work AND jumpstarting the main character (hopefully)

If you see a blind old lady crossing a main downtown road during peak hour, and she got run over by a bus because she, well didn't see it coming, would you write it off as "survival of the fittest" and give the whole incident a +2 as well?

Granted, what Suzuri did was definitely not well thought out, and she should probably have kept her eyes on the road and her surroundings rather than wave at Rin, but in what way did she deserve to get her head casually lopped off by some bloodthirsty overreacting cop?

And if she had indeed run over a little kid because she wasn't watching where she was going, then it would be fair to yell at her and have her up for negligience or something, but feeling smug and making silly little jokes about her death is downright inappropriate.

On an unrelated note, how could the GGP have mistaken Suzuri for the mysterious rideback girl? Wasn't a video of Rin released in the media, and I'm quite sure the GGP has the technical ability to restore the image to allow them a clear idea of how Rin actually looks like..
tanjxApr 4, 2009 8:42 PM

Apr 7, 2009 12:35 AM

Nov 2007
Whoa. So, well, Suzuri was stupid and didn't exactly deserve to die but you could kind of see it coming (and come on, SOMEBODY had to die). "This is my lucky charm!" = upcoming death pretty much. Same with tropes like "I'm so happy with my partner (we're expecting a kid)", etc.
Apr 8, 2009 5:13 PM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
Well, Suzuri wins the Anime equivalent of a Darwin Award.

But I suppose her death was necessary, and dramatically they really sold it. Even though Rin was whining at the end, at least we have her finally taking responsibility for her actions. Here's hoping the last few episodes are as great as the first few.

That about sums this up. This has been really stupid in regards to character actions.

@tanjx
It's more like someone running from the police on those cop shows when they actually aren't in trouble and instead of the police you have the military. And you know the military will use lethal force to bring you in(because she's Rin's friend and saw how they treated her).

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Apr 11, 2009 10:42 AM

Oct 2008
Suzuri-chan, poor girl..

It is sad and unfortunate but nothing could have been done..
Apr 22, 2009 4:31 AM

Jan 2008
It was quite sad but she should of seen this coming after pretending to be Rin :/
Should of kept a low profile in the first place.
Apr 27, 2009 11:04 PM

Aug 2007
1. going to a demonstration and riding an illegal rideback against a military that has proven it will use force in the past is questionable
2. allowing people to confuse you with the rideback girl who is a wanted fugitive and letting it get to your head is questionable as well
3. throwing rocks at military who have the weapons to kill is just asking for trouble
4. running away instead of surrendering is foolish
5. trying to showoff with a jump while you are being chased by people with weapons is even more foolish
6. saying this is the fault of anyone other than Suzuri first and GGP second is completely illogical and unreasonable given the previous 5 preceding acts.

Forget just getting off the rideback. If she avoided doing any of those five previous things then this wouldn't have happened. How the heck is this Ogata and the creator of Fuego's fault. Heck, it's more the protestors' fault than theirs. The protestors pissed off the GGP and gave them a target by saying it was the Ride Back girl. They might be even more to blame than the GGP. Excessive force practically always happens during a demonstration that turns into a riot. Heck, how can she not blame the people who killed Suzuri, that's just stupid.

I'm sorry for being a jack ass but you just can't feel sorry for her since this situation could have easily been avoided. She was careless and her death was self-inflicted. The worst part is, if she participated in this demonstration and was serious about opposing the GGP and everything but was unwilling to die for her beliefs then she is truly a fool. She should have realized at so many points that she was putting her life on the line.

Apr 29, 2009 5:16 AM

Nov 2007
T_T the cutest character of the show died. How saddening..
May 3, 2009 5:22 AM

May 2008
YES! Annoying characters should be smashed into pieces! I AM LOVING THIS SHOW BECAUSE THEY KILLED HER! YES!
Jul 30, 2009 2:57 PM
Jul 2008
I didn't feel sad. Hooray for the cop.
Aug 6, 2009 8:54 AM

May 2008
I do admit that of the protagonists in the show, Suzuri's the one I least mind dying. I didn't hate her, but she didn't particularly appeal to me either. At the same time, especially after that montage they showed, I really got a strong sense of a young person's daily life and dreams cut short.
Considering the amount of blood that sprayed, at first I thought she got decapitated or slice in half or something. If that was the case, I think it would have been even more dramatic to show her disattached head in the helmet or something. But yeah, she probably just got shot through an artery or something.
So yeah, I TOTALLY didn't expect that. Dunno why.
Sep 20, 2009 8:48 AM
Jul 2009
well.. thats sad.
Jan 1, 2010 1:53 PM

Sep 2009
SUZURi!!!!!!!!!!!

/cry
No sig :(
Jan 7, 2010 6:56 PM

Jul 2008
This anime got 10x better. What was the last time you saw an annoying character die? Never. I never expected her to die, this anime just got a whole lot better.
Jan 30, 2010 11:09 PM

Jul 2009
I won't miss this character. She really annoyed me, and Shouko is much more lovable. Her decision to run was just completely stupid and signed her own death warrant. She should've stopped the smoke before it turned into fire with the rallying crowd by dismissing any preconceptions that she was Rideback Girl instead of playing it up. She only drew more attention to herself.
And with only two episodes to go for me, I'm not sure if this will solidify anything for Rin except short-term revenge. It was a necessary sacrifice, I'm glad it wasn't Shouko. A fine episode, nonetheless.
Apr 9, 2010 10:51 AM

Sep 2008
Suzuri getting into trouble was something predictable from the moment the masses mistook her for "the Mysterious RideBack Girl", but initially I didn't expect her to die. But yep, as soon as the chase started, I thought that it was going to be the end of her... The GGP is, after all, a group of heartless [insert plural of bad word of choice].

I thought it was a great episode, but I didn't like Rin's whining at the end. Okay, this is really no time to be blaming Okakura. She, herself, and Okakura weren't directly (as in, PHYSICALLY) involved in Suzuri's death - the GGP, however, is. The WhiteRide rider was the one who killed her - and the head in command is the one who ordered it. It's THEIR fault. I thought that she should have been blaming them immediately. But I suppose, in a way, it's good that she's taking responsibility? As others have said...
May 31, 2011 11:41 PM
Feb 2008
Fuck the guilt trip, at this point I would've thought Rin would be primed and ready to do something about GGP especially with them killing her friend right in front of her.
Jan 6, 2012 1:59 AM

Mar 2009
I didn't expect that to happen to Suzuri.
May 15, 2012 9:34 PM

Aug 2008
The pacing of this show is crap!

The tension level remained high in the previous 3 episodes, nothing happened.
Now we go back to the club group parallel plot and blam!

I can see how it will be effective in motivating Rin to fight the GGP, but they did a terrible job of executing it.
Kinda raging about it but ~: | it could have been a great show.
Apr 21, 2013 7:49 AM

Mar 2009
Suzuri was really more of a overentustiatic groupie but for her age that's normal. I did not expect her to be killed off like that.
So does this mean that Rin will be turned off the Ridebacks completely and leave the group? I don't think so. Maybe the GGP will do something to her brother and however reluctantly she'll get on Fuego again and rescue himl. Just a guess. Two more episodes to go...
May 22, 2013 2:44 PM

May 2012
No fucking way that's way to dramatic! Fuck is Suzuri really dead? No way, damn I can't believe it! Damn that's tragic... sad development is sad but well it really brings a strong point to it! Either way lets see what's next!
Aug 29, 2013 10:10 PM

Jan 2013
Shocking death, but alright.
Jan 18, 2014 1:26 PM

Sep 2013
Wow, never saw that coming. I didn’t really care for her character before, but just her last few lines and death definitely changed my opinion on her. That death scene was executed perfectly with the brutality of the GGP and reaction from all the other characters.

Honestly though. What of her appearance even faintly looked like Rin? She’s wearing a yellow suit, riding on an ORANGE rideback, and has glasses on. And with all their advanced technology, the GGP wasn’t able to figure out that she wasn’t the Rideback girl?

Other than that, great episode.
Mar 30, 2014 12:10 AM

May 2011
I'm surprised at how screwed the terrorist-for-a-government is. Like, without concrete evidence, you can just kill a civilian like that without disarming it first? I mean, like seriously? Even a police cannot kill a robber unless he is threatening your life.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Apr 6, 2014 7:38 AM

Aug 2013
Didn't think they'd kill off one of Rin's friends. Brilliantly executed (no pun intended) but to be honest, I didn't really care :\
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 19, 2014 7:13 AM

Feb 2011
I've never felt such an odd combination of sadness and utter annoyance before. It was sad Suzuri was killed like that. She certainly didn't "deserve" it, but during the entire lead up to it all I could think was "stop being so stupid." I do think her death was important for whatever impact it will have on Rin's actions, but honestly, I'm not sure how this will wrap up properly in the last two eps. It's not over yet, though, so maybe it will surprise me.
Aug 1, 2014 10:00 PM

Feb 2013
... so sad...

Come on Rin, get it together and go bet up the evil GGP.

I knew that ggp sub-commander chick had something going on...
Nov 17, 2014 10:50 AM

Feb 2012
Just when i thought thinks couldnt get worse & piss me off after they tortured & framed Rins bro... cant believe Suzuri got decapitated like that SPLAT.... DAMN GGP reminds you a group thats in the world today right? smh
Feb 8, 2015 9:58 AM

Mar 2010
She was kind of a airhead anyways. Them poor girls.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 23, 2016 1:53 AM

Jul 2008
These GGP guys are psychos. This is beyond idiocy.
Apr 9, 2016 4:27 AM
May 2010
So many death flags for Suzuri in the beginning! So it was kind of obvious! Still, the series I felt has taken a wierd and awkward turn. I wonder how they tried to explain the whole former ballet dancer ends up driving a half robo half motorcycle and fight against a dystopian military dictatorship goverment when they tried to get funding for it.
May 8, 2016 7:34 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
The smell of death was strong on Suzuri in this episode! I must admit that I was happy when the Grim Reaper took her hand and lead her off the series. She was the most annoying Rin fanatic imaginable and so her death was a welcome plot development for me. Now the GGP feels powerful, Rin is catatonic again, and the public can be outraged/motivated. It will take half of the next episode to get Rin to blink and make complete sentences again and then she will take off on Fuego and wreak havoc for justice. I need to make some popcorn for the next episode.....
Jul 27, 2016 8:11 PM

Sep 2013
Suzuri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 17, 2017 6:10 AM

Apr 2009
That's what happen when you oppose the GGP.
She could have just stopped and remove her helmet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2021 8:16 PM

Aug 2017
Can't believe Suzuri is dead, I definitely wasn't expecting that.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 5, 2021 3:59 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
F*ck that end was sure really tense and tragic, RIP Suruzi :/
Aug 26, 2022 6:50 PM
Jun 2022
Ok, wow. I did not expect that ending.
Nov 6, 2023 11:44 AM

Dec 2022
There goes her. Though for some reason, I find it hard to care. Demonstrates how endearing the characters are.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I am so disappointed by this show

Dorothea - Mar 22, 2009

10 by DishonoredRonin »»
Nov 26, 2023 3:48 PM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

id - Mar 29, 2009

102 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 12:42 PM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 11 Discussion

Beave - Mar 24, 2009

43 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 9 Discussion

Beave - Mar 10, 2009

35 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 11:11 AM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 8 Discussion

WaterLily - Mar 8, 2009

38 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.