Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2014 1:55 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Shinsengumi Douran Hen pretty nicely recapped in a 1 hour and 36 minute movie, I personally wasn't a huge fan of this specific art but this sure was a nice recap movie if I say so myself so let's see what the second movie has to offer!
Feb 1, 2014 6:54 PM

Sep 2011
so wait was this just clips from the series pieced together or was their extra things, i mean id rewatch this just to see the arc in HD but i dont see much reason to watch 4 divas recapped if theres nothing knew, especially since you dont have the amazing samurai heart ending theme

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 2, 2014 1:05 AM

Jan 2012
NotJizzyHitler said:
so wait was this just clips from the series pieced together or was their extra things, i mean id rewatch this just to see the arc in HD but i dont see much reason to watch 4 divas recapped if theres nothing knew, especially since you dont have the amazing samurai heart ending theme

Feel the same way, though for me I'd only be really interested if they made the fight scenes better and turned them into Benizakura-hen tier quality (Talking about the fight at the end mainly).

That's only directed towards Shinsengumi Rebellion. If they somehow made the 4 deva fights better, which are already great, then shit I'm all over this.
Feb 2, 2014 10:42 AM

Mar 2012
NotJizzyHitler said:

the only new things on these recap movie are several new OST's and slightly minor altered dialogue, btw samurai heart is still there

Yojoe said:
Feel the same way, though for me I'd only be really interested if they made the fight scenes better and turned them into Benizakura-hen tier quality (Talking about the fight at the end mainly).

that's a bit too much considering this recap movie was only for one time screening event, although if i'm not mistaken the dvd for both the recap movie was sold like a hotcakes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2014 11:19 PM

Jan 2012
thieftheodore said:
NotJizzyHitler said:

the only new things on these recap movie are several new OST's and slightly minor altered dialogue, btw samurai heart is still there

Yojoe said:

that's a bit too much considering this recap movie was only for one time screening event, although if i'm not mistaken the dvd for both the recap movie was sold like a hotcakes

Oh, didn't know it was a one time screening. Well at least there's the new OST which I hope is good.
Feb 3, 2014 7:31 AM

Sep 2011
thieftheodore said:
NotJizzyHitler said:

fuck it ill watch it just for the new ost....and to see shinsengumi in hd

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 13, 2014 8:43 AM

Jun 2009
No intermissions, just one big marathon of Gintama, which was good for pacing. Not impressed by this upscaled repackage.
ShojoSamuraiApr 13, 2014 8:53 AM

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.
Nov 18, 2015 5:06 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
One of my favorite arc in 16:9, yes please. The art was slightly improved, not much, but it's fine!

5/5
Jun 1, 2016 1:19 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
=/ I think Ito-san would have died before he did his final battle.

Aside from the cheesy lines and lack of information about the sword, it was nice seeing Hijikata become an otaku again.
Nov 16, 2017 6:17 PM

Aug 2016
Probably me favorite arc in the entire series. Though maybe I just didn't realise it when I was watching the main series, I thought the art kind of dropped a bit in this movie.
Feb 24, 2020 11:07 AM

Jan 2013

I've always hated Toshi's face the first time he shows his "cursed" personality and apologizes.

As for the arc, it's fantastic and there's just too many highlights in this entire arc to say one is the best, Sogo's train scene, the final scene with Ito saying goodbye to his fellow Shinsengumi members, Gintoki fighting Kawakami ... too many!
Apr 26, 2023 1:40 PM

Mar 2019
Sadly this wasn't like the Benizakura movies. Just the episodes put together. Still a nice arc.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama : Yorinuki Gintama-san on Theater 2D Episode 2 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jan 19, 2014

12 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 26, 2023 3:14 PM

» Is it recommended to watch the movies instead of episodes?

One - May 11, 2016

5 by One »»
May 11, 2016 9:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.