Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Casshern Sins Episode 24 Discussion

Feb 18, 2017 12:08 PM

A lot of these episodes in this anime when it all comes down to it were wasted, to many wasted scenes as well. Didn't have to be 24 episodes just dragged on and on and we somehow still got a ending that felt rushed. 6/10.

May 2, 2017 5:02 PM

so... after rewatching episode 13, Braiking Boss is explaining what happened before the ruin, the creation of Casshern, whatnot. Meanwhile Ringo is off cutting her finger, bleeding in the water... and they make it a point to show her gazing into the pool at her reflection while Braiking Boss says: "But there is something robots could never do, create descendants."
I've said multiple times that Ringo is very likely to be Leda's child. I think this only reinforces the idea.
When she's waiting for Casshern to return... if she is the product of Dio and Leda, maybe she'll get to repopulate the world with Casshern. That's kinda weird, but in other science fiction where time becomes sketchy and people live forever, weirder coupling happens.
There is a deepness in the sky. So high, so low, so many things to know.

Oct 13, 2017 11:40 PM

I fucking bawled my eyes out when Lyuze died, I had a strong feeling earlier in the show she was gonna go, but still man...fuck

9.5/10 anime, my god this is a hidden gem

Fuck MAL and it's shitty ratings, this deserves to be a 8.70+

Nov 1, 2017 2:17 PM

DoctorWasabi said:
I fucking bawled my eyes out when Lyuze died, I had a strong feeling earlier in the show she was gonna go, but still man...fuck

9.5/10 anime, my god this is a hidden gem

Fuck MAL and it's shitty ratings, this deserves to be a 8.70+

Couldn't agree with you more. It's a masterpiece in my book. It may not be perfect for some people, but I think they intended to convey ideas and feelings and really produced a remarkable piece of art.
There is a deepness in the sky. So high, so low, so many things to know.

Aug 20, 2018 6:03 AM

I can't believe I got tricked into watching this. The only enjoyment I got out of this show was seeing Lyuze get blacked in her dreams, the rest of it was torture.

Oct 22, 2018 10:30 PM
So, um, whatever happened to that multi-colored rock/mineral/crystal/whatever of Luna bits that those kids gave to Ringo which Ohji took to research? Was its only purpose so that Ohji could figure out that she used to give death? Couldn't the kids have literally just told him that? Why keep it such a well guarded secret?

"Death evil, so keep it away from me and kill all the dying that I could otherwise save!"

I can't feel sad about Lyuze's and Ohji's deaths as they were the ones who rejected eternal life.

Last episode Casshern: "I will never fight or kill again!"
This episode Casshern: "I have slaughtered my way through your protectors so that I can tell you that I won't kill you unless you forget death, whatever the fuck that means."

Sucks to be humans in this world, since all the metal will be rusted except for whatever's making up salvationed robots.

"I will live... until I can see him again." -> "I'll never see you again" ED starts, lol.

Damn did this show ever take a nosedive in the end. Not even counting the godawful episode 18, the "good guys'" motivations and actions just made no sense.

I'll still give it a 7/10, but only on the strength of the first 2/3.

Dec 9, 2018 7:06 PM

to me, a truly wonderful show and masterpiece from the inside-out. I can get why people may get confused by the shift in tone and roles from the original version (which I never really watched, tbh) and/or the heavy themes and peculiar pacing of the story narrative, but to me, if one pays more attention to why these characters are the way they are, and why their words can resonate with Casshern and us as viewers, then one can see the true beauty. The animation quality is among the best I've seen overall, to where I can actually find it fairly comparable to today's animation styles.
Not an easy recommendation, but honestly a fine piece of artwork in the endless ocean of anime that has run with too much generic and/or one-dimensional shows nowadays.

Feb 16, 10:48 AM

can confidently say that that this wasnt that good. better than nothing but worse than everything else. casshen was the symbol of christ bearing the crescent letter c. surprised how nobody noticed such a major detail until the final episode. goes to show how little viewers pay attention.

Mar 18, 3:28 AM

Overall, the anime had some good ideas, but the execution wasn't quite there.

Jun 1, 11:49 PM

Meh, I actually like philosophical type of shows, but I guess they are only good when Mr. Konaka directs them.

Good final episode, boring Anime. The episodic nature of the first half was unnecessary, some of the episodes with Lyuze were unnecessary and I feel like the show dragged on for way too long.
I like how the Anime community acts like a bunch of Commie hippies, "We the Anime community!"

It's just a bunch of different circlejerks who all hate each other and their own kind.

Jun 23, 6:07 AM

EmmanuelVR said:
noteDhero said:
So...

No insight on Braiking Boss
No insight on Luna
Casshern lied when he said he wouldn't kill again.
And in fact killed for absolutely no reason.
Ringo's (probably) completely human.
We wasted more time on flowers.

*Enough needed for the story. You don't need to know his full life. He was the Robot King that "created" Casshern and ordered him to kill Luna because she was giving death to immortal beings (his army). He thought all the shit that happened because of this was also his sin.

*There was enough. Luna gave death in her former self, now gives eternal life. She hated what she did previously, and after the ending still is a bitch. But she is a needed "evil". Ruin is not normal death, and she is the only cure. The proble is her eternal life also takes the "true" life out of robots, so to speak. See point 4 for continuation =P

*People change opinions when they realize things are wrong/ are not what they thought. If you don't like it, go watch something with more one-dimensional characters, like a fighting shonen or something. One of the few times we see this kind of development, and all there is is bitching.

*...Did you just miss the point of the entire series? Eternal life is wrong, but ruin in itself is not normal death. Casshern understood this, and so decided to become a sort of god of death. He will not kill unnecesarily, but will be a shadow for people (robots) not to forget that eternal life is not for sure, and that they can still die.

*Ringo is the first "next generation" robot. She will live and eventually die like a human. So she can "fully live" and not live in the false dream that is eternal life. More like her will supposedly come, and sooner or later everyone left will be like her.

Oh, 8/10 for the whole series.

Good points. I liked the show and I was crossing my fingers in hope they wouldn't botch the finale - and they didn't. The final few episodes were really good and the conclusion was satisfying which is hard to achieve considering the topic.

Aug 17, 4:09 AM

kalinime said:
So, um, whatever happened to that multi-colored rock/mineral/crystal/whatever of Luna bits that those kids gave to Ringo which Ohji took to research? Was its only purpose so that Ohji could figure out that she used to give death? Couldn't the kids have literally just told him that? Why keep it such a well guarded secret?

"Death evil, so keep it away from me and kill all the dying that I could otherwise save!"

I can't feel sad about Lyuze's and Ohji's deaths as they were the ones who rejected eternal life.

Last episode Casshern: "I will never fight or kill again!"
This episode Casshern: "I have slaughtered my way through your protectors so that I can tell you that I won't kill you unless you forget death, whatever the fuck that means."

Sucks to be humans in this world, since all the metal will be rusted except for whatever's making up salvationed robots.

"I will live... until I can see him again." -> "I'll never see you again" ED starts, lol.

Damn did this show ever take a nosedive in the end. Not even counting the godawful episode 18, the "good guys'" motivations and actions just made no sense.

I'll still give it a 7/10, but only on the strength of the first 2/3.

Totally agree, show went to crap near the end.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]