Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 22, 2019 8:24 PM
Apr 2018
I wish I had read the synopsis before watching this: I was expecting a full sequel, not a recap.

Anyway, I feel as if I had wasted my time mainly because I finished the series yesterday, so I had all the memories fresh. The new insights were interesting and some scenes towards the end did hooked me despite me having everything so clear in my mind.

I would've preferred it if the movie had been about the mcs' lives, further into the future but it was okay. 5/10.
Sep 4, 2019 5:31 PM
Aug 2019
lol what is this trash recap, well guess i can't say anything since its probably made for fans of the show
Oct 11, 2019 4:33 PM

Oct 2019
WHere can i spoil myself to know if Anaru ends up with Jintan? pleeeeeez

Nov 25, 2019 5:42 PM

Oct 2019
Lol I was expecting a sequel but getting a 80% recap instead. The series is great, but watching this right after marathoning the series is just felt really plain.
Dec 3, 2019 11:12 AM

Sep 2019
I loved the series so it's obvious that I will love the movie. It was a recap the characters are grown compare to the series (well yes after a year story). I hoped I will get more new content from this movie, new development, love development between jin-tan and anaru .

(well I know they would some day confess to each other and get married, I know it would gonna happen because anaru finally managed to confessed to menma that she love jin-tan so eventually she'll confess her feelings to Jin and I Know that Jin also care about her so it's a both side go).

I haven't cried like when I did while watching the series but it was sad the ending of the movie got me (ok fine I cried a little bit).

8/10
Oct 6, 2020 7:43 PM

Apr 2008
Watched this right after watching the full season so it didn't make much of an impact. I started off watching the first 40mins which was almost all recap, then skipped the last 15mins which was actually new content.

Nothing special really, there is some slight character development from the final episode. It could have benefited from a bigger timeskip than just 1 year.
Nov 24, 2020 12:13 AM
Sep 2013
Damn feels train all over again. Seriously I didn't know its hard to cry quietly when Secret Base started playing :/ Guess I am going to have to wait another 10 years for the OVA where Anaru confesses?

Super Peace Busters are best friends foreverrrrr!
Dec 18, 2020 6:12 PM

Apr 2020
eh another compilation movie

Jan 8, 2021 1:02 AM

Mar 2016
This question is to those who have seen the main series and this movie. Anaru tells Tsuroku that Yukiatsu asked her out, but her love for Jinta will always be immovable or something. Which part did this happen in the movie or anime? I saw this post on Insta of Anaru and I checked her profile on MAL and the above sentence is in the last para under spoiler tag. I tried hosting a screen shot on Imgur, but can't do it from my phone. So, if possible, can anyone tell me where this scene takes place?
Mar 2, 2021 4:35 PM
Aug 2020
This movie is for people who loved the main series and want to re-experience again in a condensed form. The freaking SECOND that Secret Base started playing, I cried for about six minutes straight.

The original scenes weren't really worth it in my opinion, both possibles romances never left the "will they won't they" stage which I found quite underwhelming.
May 10, 2021 8:36 PM

Dec 2020
a recap, a sequel and a bit of prequel. all in one lmao. loved this tho, it was great. gave us some content they couldnt/didnt show in the series, how the super busters were formed, how menma fell for jintan, why she came to visit jintan, everyones feelings in more depth, and what happened with them after that last summer.
Jan 16, 2022 6:12 AM

Jan 2020
Well it's mostly a recap with some additional scenes and monologues but it's not a bad addition since I'm quite disatisfied with the main series...
Jan 30, 2022 5:35 AM

Dec 2019
eh it wasn't that great tbh it was like 70% recap but the scenes that weren't recap were great tho
Feb 3, 2022 8:48 PM

Aug 2014
The only good thing I can say about this Anohana movie is that it gives a somewhat proper conclusion to Anohana, with it being a year later since the final episode, and everyone now at peace with each other and in true positive terms with each other and with their own past and moving on from the guilt.

With that said, I really hated how there was no romance progress in this movie between the two possible couples, just stale. Like come one, its been a year since the final episode and still no romance progress!!! If this was gonna be the case, then this movie should have been just like a couple of months since the final episode, and not one year, since it would have made the lack of romance progress more understandable.  Or this movie could have been a two year timeskip and show us now how the characters are doing with more romance progress between them.

As for this movie, its 1 hour and 40 minutes long.... This movie should have been 45 minutes maximum, and cut out tons of the recap.

But again, this movie gives a nice epilogue ending to Anohana, so cant complain in that aspect, since the anime's epilogue (after they all saw Menma in episode 11) was ok but rushed.
oooo3333Mar 1, 2023 1:02 AM
Aug 24, 2022 8:20 AM
Aug 2022
This movie just closes some of the doors about Menma and Jinta's story. There were also a lot of flashbacks.
Sep 12, 2022 8:48 AM
May 2021
was like the episodes
Dec 9, 2022 11:23 AM
Dec 2021
i feel like it just felt like a recap episode with extras and a small epilouge
Jul 10, 2023 5:02 AM

Feb 2019
Although it was mostly a recap, I enjoyed it still. Maybe because I had already forgotten many of the details of the story, and I was glad that I got to re-experience it at least partially. Though of course, it didn't hit nearly as hard as when I watched the series.

I too wanted to see Anaru go through with her confession. But Jinta's feelings for Menma are still fresh, especially after she appeared to them only a year before. So it's better to wait.

And I completely forgot about Tsuruko's feelings for Yukiatsu. Did she confess but get rejected in the series? Isn't that why she made her hair shorter? I have no recollection of that. But I guess I'm wrong since at the end there she seems to have been saying about making her move.

An enjoyable movie. 8/10.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» whats better? Anohana the movie or the series?

alpha20100 - Sep 18, 2014

31 by STSayeb »»
May 4, 2023 3:16 AM

» Where in the UK can I watch this

Winners84 - Jul 3, 2021

14 by quercifolia »»
Jul 15, 2021 11:22 AM

» Is it better to watch the movie or the series?

Javyer - Aug 23, 2014

6 by Laio_Oliveira2 »»
Jan 9, 2018 12:10 PM

» Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. Movie plot

ryuushi - Oct 18, 2016

6 by ghostorc »»
Oct 18, 2016 1:12 PM

» Anohana 2nd Movie 2015!!

Seda1307 - Oct 20, 2014

9 by ibraheem234 »»
Aug 18, 2016 7:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.