Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 19, 2014 9:13 PM

Jul 2013
It's an okay episode. Though I always thought Claude had blonde hair, than white hair. :/

Jan 19, 2014 9:24 PM
Nov 2012
awesome anime, I'll be looking forward to this one.
Good laughs
Jan 19, 2014 9:29 PM

Sep 2010
the next dog i have will be named Divine Spacer something, i swear.

------------------------------------------------
so Onodera not only is the girl from long ago but she also has the hots for him...
(damn that's so cliche'd i dont even know where to start, at least they are playing some other cards that arent as common on the romcom deck)
Jan 19, 2014 11:02 PM

Dec 2013
ugh...if nisekoi works the Shaft any longer, it's going to unload shit on our faces. they cut a lot of the good parts in the manga.

what the hell was up with the scenes that are drawn as manga? are you going to give us animation or are you doing it manga-style? CHOOSE SHAFT.
trillshitJan 19, 2014 11:05 PM
Jan 19, 2014 11:34 PM

Feb 2012
Shaft needs to leave their monogatari style scenes out of rom-coms. The head tilting, zoom-in-face, artistic cinematography and other monogatari styles do not belong here.

The way they did Maria Holic was best for comedies - no head tilting, still had the shaft feel, yet didn't feel like it was a wannabe Monogatari spin-off.
Jan 20, 2014 12:05 AM

Feb 2013
Bug off, Shaft haters.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Jan 20, 2014 12:22 AM

Jan 2013
ONODERA SO CUTE OMG
Jan 20, 2014 6:40 AM

Feb 2008
Now this was just crazy!
Jan 20, 2014 6:50 AM
Oct 2013
Holy molly of pepperoni! Just look at how dazzling Onodera is. Holy mother of cow! This anime is amazing. +10 to Aniplex/Shaft for making the manga much more better.
Jan 20, 2014 7:17 AM

Apr 2013
Touyama Nao <3
Jan 20, 2014 1:10 PM

Dec 2012
This is bad for my heart
Jan 20, 2014 1:22 PM

Jun 2013
Really, only based Shaft and the comedy is keeping me watching because the plot is pretty damn predictable (We all know Onodera's going to lose) I hope they Chitoge and Raku stop being at each others throats though, because it feels like it's getting old.
Jan 20, 2014 2:28 PM
Dec 2012
OH man that pulled some heart strings from me...
Jan 20, 2014 3:59 PM
Oct 2010
shadowtsunami said:
I don't know what but Chitoge reminds me a lot of Asuka from Evangelion. Overall this episode was great. I enjoyed how Shaft decided to transition to each part in the episodes. Pacing felt great, and the comedy didn't fall flat either.

This so much.... when I saw that outfit I thought to myself who is this reminded me of? Then I remembered Asuka.
Jan 20, 2014 6:15 PM

Jun 2013
Romeo and Juliet can't come fast enough! Or Marika!
Jan 20, 2014 7:06 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Second episode has yet to impress me. Nothing special.

shadowtsunami said:
I don't know what but Chitoge reminds me a lot of Asuka from Evangelion.

Please, no.
Jan 20, 2014 10:55 PM
Jul 2012
Love Shaft's animation, but finding the pacing slow, which is making the current episodes boring, the only time I really laughed in the episode was the part with the gorilla in a yukata.
imo, shaft is better at black comedy.
Manga is so far a lot better.
Jan 20, 2014 11:06 PM

Nov 2013
SHAFFFTTTT
Jan 21, 2014 1:06 AM

Mar 2011
Suitedup said:
This is bad for my heart
Jan 21, 2014 3:23 AM
Oct 2013
Detrimont said:
Love Shaft's animation, but finding the pacing slow, which is making the current episodes boring, the only time I really laughed in the episode was the part with the gorilla in a yukata.
imo, shaft is better at black comedy.
Manga is so far a lot better.

And here I thought somebody said it's fast considering 1 episode takes a couple of chapters from the manga.

There's no problem with the pacing. It's actually good. It's just you can read a manga a lot faster than watching an anime. I could probably read 7-8 chapters within that 24 minute if the internet is fast enough.

Imo, there's no other studio out there that could surpass what Shaft is already giving us. So at least be thankful that it was them who took the project.
Jan 21, 2014 9:09 AM

Apr 2010
Jeez, with that ED, they practically give away who the supposed "promised" girl was to people who haven't read the manga. Although anyone who has read it should have a firm grasp of who it is by now.

Judging from the pacing of the manga, Tsugumi should be debuting in the next episode or two.

shadowtsunami said:
Lol 2 episodes for 1 blu-ray? That's a crime haha.

That's just how Japan releases them. It could be worse, some shows release just the first episode on the Vol. 1 disc.
Jan 21, 2014 11:42 AM

Feb 2012
ED showing Chitoge with her key. Spoiling too early?
Jan 21, 2014 11:52 AM

Aug 2012
It's just a small girl with a ribbon, not necessarily Chitoge :)
Jan 21, 2014 12:45 PM

Feb 2013
blooddrunk said:
It's just a small girl with a ribbon, not necessarily Chitoge :)

That ribbon has a meaning too. It is giving away a lot, plus the ending is sung by Chitoge's voice actress. Well, not that the manga revealed that much either, beside giving hints here and there. Common sense is the rest.
Jan 21, 2014 1:06 PM

Aug 2012

They wouldn't spoil something like that so easily, anyway. It depends on how Shaft will adapt this (original ending or not; ammount of episodes).
Jan 21, 2014 1:17 PM

Jun 2012
Hmm, I'm definitely not a Shaft hater... but they did remove a couple good scenes, like when they were interrogating them about being a couple and Claude asking Ichijo about her preferences (which kinda affects a big scene later on). Also the gangsters in the theatre. :(

I also found the scene after the credits kinda weird... the manga never gave me the impression that the animals hated Ichijou, more the opposite.

And it seemed just a little lazy to insert complete copies of full pages from the manga, with minor animations. But it wasn't out of place so it's not a big deal. (I think they did this with some of their expressions as well)

Aside from those things, it's not really a bad adaption... just a bit different than the manga. But, as long as it doesn't stray too far from the manga (I know there's an anime exclusive character supposed to appear eventually) I'll enjoy it. Mainly I just want to see more of those expressions. >>

Edit: Oh yeah, I really liked Onodera's dress colored... the characters in this series are always really fashionable.
Ongaku008 said:
I´m kinda surprised that only one person commented on the ED because when I saw it I was really surprised for a moment. It could be a hint on what could happen at the end of the story, but that would be to easy. It looks like they want to trick us :P.
Don't worry, I doubt if a hundred endings/openings could spoil this series.
HalibelTheEspadaJan 21, 2014 1:21 PM
Jan 21, 2014 1:19 PM

Apr 2012
this is not going to end well for team Onodera

Jan 21, 2014 1:29 PM

Feb 2013
Well, Onodera was probably never intended to be the "promised" girl, but rather, the "key" to that promise. Following the usual pattern, she's the girl the protagonist is head over heels for at first. Also, the whole story would be kind of pointless if she were the right girl for him, as they already were in love with each other from the beginning. Chitoge, by that logic, is the main heroine and then we get Marika, who's probably never going to get anywhere, unless she has some important back story.

Then, we have the title itself: "Nisekoi" (False Love). Well, what else should I add? The author probably never intended to hide the fact that Raku and Chitoge were the couple he was going for.

In other words, the story is pretty much predictable. However, it still doesn't fail to entertain me. It isn't an original story, yet it isn't boring either. I enjoy the manga and I like the animation. So far, I don't think it's going to end up like Toradora on my watch-list, which is still stuck there since May last year lol
BernkastleJan 21, 2014 1:34 PM
Jan 21, 2014 1:38 PM

Apr 2012
sherlock5545 said:
Well, Onodera was probably never intended to be the "promised" girl, but rather, the "key" to that promise. Following the usual pattern, she's the girl the protagonist is head over heels for at first. Also, the whole story would be kind of pointless if she were the right girl for him, as they already were in love with each other from the beginning. Chitoge, by that logic, is the main heroine and then we get Marika, who's probably never going to get anywhere, unless she has some important back story.

Then, we have the title itself: "Nisekoi" (False Love). Well, what else should I add? The author probably never intended to hide the fact that Raku and Chitoge were the couple he was going for.

In other words, the story is pretty much predictable. However, it still doesn't fail to entertain me. It isn't an original story, yet it isn't boring either. I enjoy the manga and I like the animation. So far, I don't think it's going to end up like Toradora on my watch-list, which is still stuck there since May last year lol

Couldn't False Love also simply represent their forced relationship? However, to me the ED is a dead give away.

Edit: apparently the source material isn't even finished yet. Hrm
zzzeallyJan 21, 2014 1:45 PM

Jan 21, 2014 2:19 PM

Aug 2012
It's predictable like almost every series where a main leading couple is presented. Still, I don't like to think about it, since the uncertainty factor is what keeps me (and most people) reading/watching it.
It probably won't happen, but it's clear that the author's original idea has expanded a lot (mostly due to the manga's popularity), so there's still a (small) chance to get an ending that doesn't include Chitoge.

I believe the animation actually added value to the source material. I'm enjoying both aswell. Which girl he picks doesn't really matter, I'm just interested in how they will get together.
Jan 21, 2014 3:09 PM

Nov 2008
This is excellent. Special mentions to the beautiful scenery and backgrounds (the night scene at the shrines was particularly magical, the parks etc)

Story moves along nicely and the fake relationship is fun to watch :)

Great opening/closing and soundtrack.

I can't find any downsides to this episode no matter how hard I try.

blooddrunk said:
Which girl he picks doesn't really matter, I'm just interested in how they will get together.

I always think Romance/Comedies or Harems are about the ride rather than the destination and the ride so far is very fun :)
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Jan 21, 2014 6:25 PM
Sep 2013
Reading through all of this, it seems like Shaft has 20000 MAL users sucking their dicks.

Seriously, you like Shaft and that's fine but you don't have to mention Shaft in every 5 th word
Jan 22, 2014 2:30 AM

Jan 2012
Shaft being shaft and making this awesome.
Jan 22, 2014 2:42 AM

Jan 2013
Why do people watch slice of life anime just to see what girl the guy picks?

It's about the relationships he forms with his friends and the shit that happens to him, not which girl he puts his tongue into once 3 years from now.

This is why you people should stick to battle shounen and wondering who is going to win the next fight.
Jan 22, 2014 3:57 AM

Apr 2013
Omg those gangs :D

Onodera has the key. This is Shaft being Shaft all over again but this time with more comedy.
Jan 22, 2014 4:24 AM

Aug 2012
Swiftstylez said:
I always think Romance/Comedies or Harems are about the ride rather than the destination and the ride so far is very fun :)

That's a nice way to put it :)

SolviteSekai said:
This is why you people should stick to battle shounen and wondering who is going to win the next fight.

The same logic works for battle shounens, no one cares if a certain character loses a fight if it does it in a cool or logical way.
Also, this is clearly a romance anime (false 'love'?), I wouldn't be watching it for the friends. There's lots of 'cute girls doing cute things' and even shounen animes that portray the meaning of 'friendship' better than this.
Jan 22, 2014 4:28 AM

Oct 2009
I think Shaft animation fits just fine, this also sets its apart from the rest of the animes like this, so I prefer this to a usual adaptation.
Jan 22, 2014 4:50 AM

May 2013
This episode was hilarious. Again, a lot of cliches abound, but it's executed well enough as to be genuinely funny. SHAFT's style helps too.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Jan 22, 2014 11:57 AM

Jan 2011
Lol this shit was funny.
But will it turn into "plot" later on? I hope not.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 22, 2014 1:16 PM

Apr 2013
Hahah i laughed so much
"Darling"
Hmm so Onodera have the key..

Nice ep, nice shaft.
Jan 22, 2014 6:49 PM

Nov 2008
SolviteSekai said:

It's about the relationships he forms with his friends and the shit that happens to him, not which girl he puts his tongue into once 3 years from now.

You trolling or just dumb??? This is a rom com so it is about romantic relationships not to mention it isnt even a slice of life e.g azumanga daioh. Slice of life is boring as batshit on its own and is a poor mans substitue fof someone without a life... r u even aware of what the story is about??
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Jan 22, 2014 6:50 PM

Nov 2008
celesti0n said:
Reading through all of this, it seems like Shaft has 20000 MAL users sucking their dicks.

Seriously, you like Shaft and that's fine but you don't have to mention Shaft in every 5 th word

I liked shuffle but I love jc staff more than shaft yet I can appreciate the style of this one.

Jan 22, 2014 8:00 PM

Oct 2013
Shaft animation is the best, I mean, it's what makes the series decent, I read the first chapter of the manga: the art was too crappy

Rodriguez IV made laugh.
Jan 23, 2014 12:34 AM

Oct 2012
Shaft.. Definitely shaft's animation (Sorry for mention it for the 1000th times)
Oh Touyama Nao as tsundere... I can't hold my happiness!!

Poor.. Doraemon xD

Lol @ after ED... Both of them really compatible together
Since their naming senses are too... simple (Raku : Put cool words then it's cool, Chitoge : Let's count from number 1)
"Signature removed"
Jan 23, 2014 2:02 AM

Jan 2013
Why don't people try watching Negima if they believe Shaft's "animation" makes the anime decent? Hah.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jan 23, 2014 3:33 AM

May 2010
There act was so funny xD I like Chitoge but Onodera <3 You know even if Onodera is not the main main girl, I still think that my OTP is made in heaven. Love the ending song.
Jan 23, 2014 2:12 PM

Jul 2012
It got tottally diferent vibe then manga. Shaft made it loose it charm.
Jan 23, 2014 3:51 PM

Sep 2013
ihusmal1234 said:
The drama intensifies :o

I liked how the show decided to go manga style a couple of times. Reminded me the craziness of FLCL.

this is an anime that im actually considering worthy to check out its manga...and it'll be my first :D
wow
Jan 23, 2014 6:32 PM

Jul 2010
Never read the manga but, I really like how Shaft is doing this.
The Yakuza vs Mafia was fucking hilarious, need more gags like this.

Don't tell me Onodera doesn't say that she's his childhood girlfriend because she's "just shy" or I will get mad.
Jan 23, 2014 7:56 PM

Nov 2013
SolviteSekai said:

Well unfortunately, this is what the anime's about ;I
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2014

494 by Shyne_KZ »»
Apr 12, 5:28 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

484 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Jan 1, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

237 by Term4738 »»
Dec 23, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 17, 2014

286 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2014

264 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.