Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 15, 2009 3:33 PM
Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So now we're getting into Ren's conflict with his role Katsuki as well as himself internally, whereas Kyoko is gaining more and more respect for her take on Mio.

The pacing was okay but I felt like they could have added more to the episode and this cliffhanger wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. However, there were a lot of explanations made through flashbacks that should diffuse any confusion anyone had in prior episodes and added depth to how Kyoko interpreted her Mio.

Other than that, next episode will be a must-watch for all Kyoko x Ren shippers.

TWO EPISODES LEFT! What will you do, Hal?!
Mar 15, 2009 3:58 PM
Dec 2007
First time that we see Ren in a bad position, I wonder if he will come out of the slump by himself or if Kyoko will be of any help. Very interesting episode but I'm a bit worried by the fact that there are only 2 episodes left. This series needs a second season badly, but I guess it's planned, I don't see a series adapted from a succesful manga still published not having a follow up in anime form.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 15, 2009 7:28 PM

Jan 2008
ooh! "a must see for the renko fans"? XD! YAY!!!!! anyways.

lol. i'm sad that they cut the ren shower scene... xD! but that's just me. stupid ren shouldn't have seen the previous dark moon...

anyways. =3 can't wait for the last episodes and they better make a season two D=

go renko! xD
Mar 15, 2009 8:16 PM

Jun 2008
Annisa said:

Other than that, next episode will be a must-watch for all Kyoko x Ren shippers.

you can say that again. it's the most ren/kyouko action we get for about fifty more chapters. ._.
why is the development so slow?? T___________T
i hope they've got a second season lined up. there's enough chapters out for another 25 episodes or so. but yeah, they did waste a lot of time in this episode. i thought we'd go at least halfway through ren's trauma so that the...ahem...'scene'...could get more time and development. ah well. still excited for the next episode. :D
Mar 15, 2009 8:45 PM

Dec 2008
Expected. But I'm curious to see how they'll end the anime with so much unresolved still. :|

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Mar 15, 2009 8:52 PM

Jun 2008
OMG NOT ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER. I THINK IT'S WORSE THAN THE ONE BEFORE.

This anime is making me VERY emotional, i was almost breathless toward the end there. It's like.. it makes you feel so CLOSE to the characters your heart almost hurts when they're in some kind of conflict. Like when Ren kept having to redo the scene.. i don't know, i can't describe it.. it's just amazing.. the directing, the voice acting.. just wow.
Mar 15, 2009 8:57 PM

Oct 2007
I dunno, I personally felt that the anime felt like it slowed down and isn't as dramatic as earlier episodes... maybe it's just me.
Mar 15, 2009 9:52 PM

Apr 2008
it was fine .. since i have already seen the manga

Mar 15, 2009 10:31 PM

Jul 2008
This anime is going pretty slowly :0 Curious to know how this will end ! ~~

But this episode was interesting, Ren was unable to perform Katsuki when Kyoko did great job as Mio.

It's funny that I like this since I actually hated this from the start :''D

Mar 16, 2009 12:51 AM
Jul 2018
Twas ok, didn't exactly give as much goosebumps as the previous ep but still ok

Ren in the shower was hawt xD
Mar 16, 2009 1:19 AM

Nov 2007
Oh no, what's happened to Ren =/ seems just when Kyoko is at the top of her game his hit rock bottom, but the blond haired girl seems to have picked up something was off, wonder how he fairs in the next few episodes.
Mar 16, 2009 1:59 AM

Sep 2008
I want the next episode now! >.<

wolfsrainXD said:

AGREED.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Mar 16, 2009 2:45 AM

Feb 2008
theflibbet said:
Annisa said:

you can say that again. it's the most ren/kyouko action we get for about fifty more chapters. ._.

loved Kyoko's explanation of Mio XD

really hope there's a second season, one of my favorite arcs should be near the beginning of it
Mar 16, 2009 3:12 AM

Nov 2007
Erm, why for some reasons, do I kept thinking that this anime won't end at episode 25? hmm.

Sho at the next episode? Hmm... veeeery interesting~

Mar 16, 2009 4:11 AM

Jun 2008
rlime said:

wolfsrainXD said:

AGREED.

Totally forgot to mention it, got carried away :P
loved the face close-up <3
Mar 16, 2009 9:59 AM

Jan 2008
Takai said:
rlime said:

wolfsrainXD said:

AGREED.

i love how soft and great his smiles are in the anime.... D= make me drool xD
Mar 16, 2009 10:36 AM

Aug 2008
Ok, so I totally hated how they overdramatacized Ren screwing up. I normally buy into the way that Skip Beat has tried to sell acting as a shounen type, function of the show, but here, it didn't really work. Kyoko talking about how she sensed something that could ruin his career without being specific about what the detail is really annoyed me. Especially because your carrer can't be ruined by not being able to play one certain kind of part.

I was also taken aback by Kyoko's sudden shift into narration in this episode. Are they going to treat this point forward as a flashback?

Besides those minor details, I was very happy with the pace and content of this episode. I'm still really anxious to see what happens, but I'm loving it nonetheless.
Mar 16, 2009 11:12 AM
Mar 2008
D: Poor Ren! He keeps freezing up T_T
Is it because he's memorized the DVDs or something, and keeps remembering them? :S
Hopefully, it's Kyoko to the rescue 8D

&& As always, epic episode~
Mar 16, 2009 11:24 AM

Oct 2008
I hope Ren doesn't leave the show.
I can't wait to see Kyoko offering support to Ren.
Mar 16, 2009 2:14 PM
May 2008
Yeah I do feel like they stretched this ep a bit more than they needed to. They could have at least mentioned someone's visit or even their 'challenge', but it looks like that'll be put together with the next ep and the Renko scenes...

Also, i think ppl are forgetting there's still a bit more before the big renko scene...? Cuz, manga-wise, we're around chapter 63 and the big scene is not until chapter 69-71... unless they plan on skipping over all the Bo stuff... hmm...

Well, if they do skip that, the Renko better take up quite a bit of the next ep lol.
So... are they gonna end this season at the end of volume 13, manga-wise? or... before they switch locations? that's what it looks like.
There BETTER be a second season...
Mar 16, 2009 2:21 PM

May 2007
GAAAAAH, such a cliffhanger!
Anyway, since I've read the manga I know what's going to happen, but still...! Can't wait for next week's episode! Also, this episode was really great, I like how they animated the part where Ren tells Kyoko her Mio surpassed his expectations. :)

Ughhh~ 2 more eps left! x__x

Mar 16, 2009 2:34 PM

Apr 2008
OH, THE SUSPENCE.
I guess Ren's shaken up about trying to be too much like the original...dunno.

I love this showwwksdnidnh. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2009 4:17 PM
Oct 2007
TwilightShiva said:

Also, i think ppl are forgetting there's still a bit more before the big renko scene...? Cuz, manga-wise, we're around chapter 63 and the big scene is not until chapter 69-71... unless they plan on skipping over all the Bo stuff... hmm...

Well, if they do skip that, the Renko better take up quite a bit of the next ep lol.
So... are they gonna end this season at the end of volume 13, manga-wise? or... before they switch locations? that's what it looks like.
There BETTER be a second season...

I went back to the manga to see what was in between where they stopped and the big RenKo scene, and you're right, there is quite a bit. However, from the preview, I really think they're gonna skip some parts, which gives me a hunch as to where they might end this season, but who knows. I would love to see the RenBo scene though since Bo is just plain hilarious.

ummyeah said:
OH, THE SUSPENCE.
I guess Ren's shaken up about trying to be too much like the original...dunno.

I love this showwwksdnidnh. <3

Yeah, you're right. He's "shaken up" about how his representation of Katsuki is somehow just copying what he saw from the original. He kept freezing because his hands were automatically making the same movements as the original. But I think the bigger part of his problem is that he doesn't understand Katsuki completely. Ren has no idea what true love is and that's why he can't fully express the conflicts of Katsuki's feelings for Mitsuki. This goes deep, deep into his background, which makes him such a complicated and awesomely dark yet wonderful character. XD

AoiMemori said:
Takai said:
rlime said:

wolfsrainXD said:

AGREED.

i love how soft and great his smiles are in the anime.... D= make me drool xD

I almost forgot about his shower scene, lol. That was some good service for the fangirls eh. :3
Mar 16, 2009 4:28 PM

Nov 2007
TwilightShiva said:

I sure hope they don't skip the Bo scene.

Despite the slower pacing of this episode, I wasn't disappointed at all. There were so many wonderful Kyoko moments! This show totally cracks me up.
Mar 16, 2009 8:37 PM

Jun 2007
This episode was amazing and actually left me satisfied unlike the others that left me craving more like a fat kid eating free samples.

I suspect a second season is on the horizon.
Mar 16, 2009 11:57 PM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
Ok, so I totally hated how they overdramatacized Ren screwing up. I normally buy into the way that Skip Beat has tried to sell acting as a shounen type, function of the show
LOL I think I am not the only one who viewed skip beat as a shounen type.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 17, 2009 8:48 AM

Aug 2008
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that Skip Beat is the most boyish shoujo ever.
Mar 17, 2009 10:28 AM
Mar 2008
noteDhero said:
Ok, so I totally hated how they overdramatacized Ren screwing up. I normally buy into the way that Skip Beat has tried to sell acting as a shounen type, function of the show, but here, it didn't really work. Kyoko talking about how she sensed something that could ruin his career without being specific about what the detail is really annoyed me. Especially because your carrer can't be ruined by not being able to play one certain kind of part.

I was also taken aback by Kyoko's sudden shift into narration in this episode. Are they going to treat this point forward as a flashback?

Besides those minor details, I was very happy with the pace and content of this episode. I'm still really anxious to see what happens, but I'm loving it nonetheless.

AGREE!!
Mar 18, 2009 3:57 AM

Jul 2008
This was an amazing episode despite the slow pace. I just adore Kyoko, and Ren was awesome at the shower and bad scene, i'm not a fangirl of him though. They could have made the last part less dramarized but hell, i liked it anyway.
Last two eps, can't wait<3
Btw, will there be a second season? coz it feels like there will. *hopefully*
Mar 20, 2009 8:06 PM

Feb 2008
whoo, ren shower scene ~ haha xD Can't wait for the next Renko scene - well, if they do smush it in somewhere in the next TWO EPISODES...

I hope they're doing a second season, because making up crap to just wrap it up would be terrible.

Apr 6, 2009 12:53 AM

Jan 2009
Fucking cliffhangers, more than SB im rather interested on Dark Moon LOLOL. No honestly, great ending, but i can see why Ren is frustrated, he just can't perform a better character than the original Katsuki. And Kyoki performance was just outsanting.

*Rushing to the next one*

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Sep 29, 2009 9:13 PM

Sep 2008
Next episode is a RenxKyoko one? :D
Hmm...Well, I'll agree that it wasn't AS amazing as usual. And this is the first time a SB cliffhanger didn't capture me D: I still liked it anyways, though.
Skip Beat, shounen? lolwhut. How is anyone coming up with that? o__o;;
Dec 13, 2009 10:28 AM

Aug 2008
Takai said:

This anime is making me VERY emotional, i was almost breathless toward the end there. It's like.. it makes you feel so CLOSE to the characters your heart almost hurts when they're in some kind of conflict.

agree

i can't believe that Ren couldn't play that role...
Jan 10, 2010 5:36 AM
May 2008
Interesting seeing Ren not being able to perform a role, maybe he sees it as being too close to what his and Kyoko's relationship is like.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 5, 2010 2:20 AM

Oct 2008
Baka Ren. Shouldn't have watched the video.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 4, 2011 8:31 PM

Jul 2009
Mmm ... I wanted to have that girl say how it's easier to act with Kyoko :P
Anyways wow, it's almost over ... D;
I want a second season too, same reason as ScarletApples :P
May 6, 2011 5:04 AM

Apr 2009
Thanks to Kyoko's new interpretation of Mio, the director finally manned up to act like the director that he should be. The look on his eyes actually surprised me, the "tornado" did him good. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 2, 2011 10:43 PM

Nov 2007
Ah, poor Ren, he defaulted into acting like the original tv series. D: He's not going to forgive himself easily for that.

Kyouko being all "something that would ruin his acting career" was really weird, as if she could know that.

Oh well, she'll be able to pull him out of his funk~
Mar 5, 2012 6:00 PM

Sep 2011
I didn't even realize there are only 2 more episodes. xD
Oct 7, 2012 3:38 AM

Oct 2008
Ren's in a deep crisis. He and Kyoko have opposite positions right now. How is he gonna get through this? Is he gonna quit? What can Kyoko do to help? Maybe Ren should just imagine that he's doing the scene with Kyoko.
Nov 7, 2012 1:03 PM

Jun 2009
Jacut said:
First time that we see Ren in a bad position, I wonder if he will come out of the slump by himself or if Kyoko will be of any help. Very interesting episode but I'm a bit worried by the fact that there are only 2 episodes left. This series needs a second season badly, but I guess it's planned, I don't see a series adapted from a succesful manga still published not having a follow up in anime form.

And, yet, sadly that seems to be EXACTLY what happened. I just don't understand it.

Anyway, a good episode. It's going to be interesting how this all plays out.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 12, 2013 4:20 PM

Jan 2012
Well, Ren is in serious trouble now. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Apr 21, 2013 2:35 PM

May 2012
He's unable to perform the role O_O damn what's up with that? Really interesting progress so far, but looking on how the pace goes and how much episode we've left I think we'll end with no revenge nor a really proper ending...
Nov 19, 2013 12:24 AM

Jul 2009
amazing episode!!

Kyouko's is really into the role of Mio that sometimes she's even mesmerized by herself!!

glad Iizuka is starting to like her, heck she even thinks it surpasses her version

it seems the flashbacks between Mio and Corn is getting into Ren. Yashiro did say Ren used to be like Shotaro. it's highly possible he changed his personality and looks just like Kyouko did!!

Ren in shower was surprising!! and hot as well!!

that Itsumi girl suspects that Ren seems to not showing his true acting skills. i wonder what's wrong with Ren :(

he might remembered something when he holds hands with Itsumi.

man only 2 episodes left :(

i love this series! we want more!!
Apr 12, 2014 11:58 AM

Aug 2013
Finally people are starting to acknowledge Kyouko's acting abilities. Nice to see Itsumi not be a bitch like those two extras/groupies.

Turns out LME's president's words about Ren not being able to act out romance scenes is true. I think he froze because he realized he was just copying what Katsuki did when he watched the original Dark Moon.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 13, 2014 11:13 AM

Mar 2014
Really sucks how there was never a second season of this...
I'm beginning to sense a very open end without conclusion.
But shower Ren is always good
Oct 3, 2014 9:06 PM

Aug 2013
Between his own incapacity of understanding his character and the influence he get from the original, it look like he's totally lost.

Well, he always helped her in the past, now it's her turn to help him with his career.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 9, 2015 2:36 PM

Jun 2010
minouneetzoe said:
Between his own incapacity of understanding his character and the influence he get from the original, it look like he's totally lost.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2016 2:54 AM
Nov 2015
noteDhero said:

What you said about career not being ruined by one mistake is not entirely right. When you build up too much awe and trust in viewers and the crew, trying to keep up that confidence is the hardest part of being at the top. Many stars fall because of one role when viewers realize they are not immunable sages.
Jul 3, 2016 2:10 PM
Jun 2013
It's funny...I was thinking a lot of how this anime's focus on Kyoko, with what seems to be left out characterization for the supporting cast, made her character development and personality stand out a lot. But this episode, with Ren's conflict, had me on the edge of my seat. Things seem a lot more serious now. Kyoko is the protagonist so she is protected by plot armor, but it seems like Ren is really in trouble.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - Mar 8, 2009

56 by eaticia »»
Mar 10, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MagicalEmi - Mar 29, 2009

245 by cornonacob »»
Jul 14, 2023 4:16 PM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 20 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Mar 15, 2009

27 by Yuki8160 »»
Apr 30, 2023 1:14 AM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 8 Discussion

Annisa - Nov 24, 2008

34 by s4gail0na »»
Feb 21, 2023 1:02 PM

» Is it bad that i watched this for the acting part and not the romance part

Pillsbury_Uchiha - Jul 2, 2022

13 by Mahificient_79 »»
Jul 3, 2022 12:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.