Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 18, 2014 9:51 AM

Jan 2013
It seems not a lot of people play MMO's here, I am actually happy that it is not all flashy action. You need planning and strategy in order to do well in MMO's, so given that premise I am quite happy with the whole analytical way this anime is going for, it gives scope for some interesting scenarios, If you are patient enough that is.
Jan 18, 2014 10:15 AM

Dec 2009
I liked the setup of this episode. It seems leaving quests undone has consequences. I do hope this builds the relationship between Eastal and Akiba.

At the same time, Scrub Horizon's traoning makes more sense now eh? We needed to see their personal growth in order to believe that they can participate in the Guerilla War defending Choshu. Because without it criticisms of how the B Team just "magically" is able to stand up against mobs will crop up.

Anyways I can't wait to see the strategies and tactics developed in this first full scale raid that the Adventurers of Akiba will run. So exciting
Jan 18, 2014 10:22 AM

Oct 2013
Mini shiroe, Minori-chan!

Next ep will be interesting though I think the princess gets most of the screen time.
Jan 18, 2014 10:33 AM

Dec 2012
A war is approaching. I can already imagine the various tactics and plans Shiroe will put in motion. If anyone wanted more action here it comes!
Jan 18, 2014 10:56 AM

Jun 2010
I hate those kids.. They can't even free themselves from the guild if Shiro and co. didn't save them and they want to fight thousands of goblins and risk the relationship between adventurers and people of the land? Wtf.
Jan 18, 2014 11:06 AM

Aug 2011
I have my doubts about Rudy being part of the People of the Land. Unless I'm missing something, I think that his situation ties in with the memory loss thing. I personally think that Rudy's died a lot of times before (it's possible since his level isn't exactly high, and plus Akihabara used to be a pretty wild place), so much so that he's lost quite a bit of memories from the past. Maybe all of them? I know that Crusty said that he's only lost a few insignificant memories but he's died only a couple of times, and not only that, his level is pretty up there, unlike Rudy. So what if the memory loss is more effective to people who don't have that much of a high level? There's also that scene in the OP with Rudy dying, which could either indicate that he will die or that he already has. This is just my theory, but I think that the game, or whoever's 'in charge' of the game wants to make it so that Adventurers who lose their memories completely become one of the People of the Land.
Jan 18, 2014 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode and climax-builder for the next one! The death penalty concept sounds interesting.

Theory:
Jan 18, 2014 11:47 AM

Dec 2013
They are probably looking for a fast way back to the cathedral haha. Minori has developed a lot since joining Shiroe. I love the serious look on her face 可愛い~!
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 18, 2014 11:55 AM

Dec 2013
I want to to see Minori become a strategist of a new Tea Party and they conquer everything.
Eh
Jan 18, 2014 11:59 AM

Oct 2013
Blackbird said:
Yeah it's going to get better !! :D

Minori become more like Shiroe now !

Yeah! Interesting character development
Jan 18, 2014 12:03 PM

Apr 2012
argh this anime's snail pacing

Jan 18, 2014 12:34 PM

Sep 2013
Great episode and Minoti FTW!!!
Jan 18, 2014 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
It was an awesome episode.

Shiro told them about the memory lost thing. It seemed like they just losing only their memories of their original world.

Let's hope the guilds will stop the goblins soon.
Jan 18, 2014 1:19 PM
Jul 2013
woooo

Minori <3

I think the big bang bang action stuff is about to start ;)
Jan 18, 2014 1:39 PM

Jan 2012
That was a great ep, Minori's idea really is clever, using Sun Tzu's The art of War tactic!! >__<
Really am interested in the next episode and where the series is heading, and the princess finally gonna step up XD

Riez said:
inb4 the action-packed arc starts , DON'T YOU DARE DIE RUDY !

EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS
Jan 18, 2014 1:41 PM

Dec 2013
Better than the two previous episodes
Jan 18, 2014 2:02 PM

Sep 2011
Those kids or naive because what adventure does quest for no reward. If you were in a mmo where dieing teleported you away from everyone. Would you do quest just for the fun of it no you wouldn't.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2014 2:20 PM
Jun 2012
Now I'm getting excited.. Conflict may start next episode
Jan 18, 2014 2:35 PM

Nov 2008
was a very nice ep of log horizon.. more strategy and some confirmation on the memory loss~ (rather that it occurs ) .. Minori's plan is strategically accurate ~
Great series so far and loyal to its parent material
Jan 18, 2014 2:49 PM

May 2012
awsome going offensive ehh.. minori is always kawaii.. very nice ep..

Jan 18, 2014 3:19 PM

Nov 2009
The arc finally starts and everyone prepares for the Goblin attack. Nice and clear explanations by Shiroe regarding the Goblin King quest as expected and he explained about the consequences with ease.

I still hard to find it hard how Marielle hasn't really done anything to do help the members but she is kind of like a motivator or a mascot in some sort of way but she is a likable character.

I'm sensing a second Shiroe in Minoru particularly with that ending scene!!

Looking forward to the next episode!!

5/5

Jan 18, 2014 4:09 PM

Jul 2013
xchee said:
The awesome music in this episode just says "shit just got real."

When Tohya saw the goblins with the doll I found myself saying "oh no" audibly. I hope the little girl's still alive somewhere but seeing Tohya bury the doll, it's probably the wholeome and toned down way of telling us "yep the little girl got slaughtered by goblins." And the People of the Land can't resurrect... T______T

When Minori struck that ground with her staff, honestly it sent chills down my spine. I'm just touched...our little noob newbie girl is growing up so fast right before our eyes*sniff*

I sense a death flag has been raised for Rudy. Nooo not my dog :(

^ +1 for all that
Minori was spot on there, fight the goblins head on!
The risks of death to adventurers have finally been explained.
Yep, the beginning of the 4th novel has been adapted now.
Next few episodes should be full of action, but it will have a dark and sad side to it all. Good change of pace really.
Knights of Izumo.. wonder how they look like and how powerful they really are.
And whether they actually exist? Or are they somehow dead already?
Jan 18, 2014 4:27 PM

Oct 2011
Great plan Minori!!!

Where did the knights go too. Are they protecting the King?

Did the Knights of Izumo disappear during world fraction?
Jan 18, 2014 4:33 PM

May 2013
that title..
I was thinking of the lord of the ring.
Due to the budget problem , sometimes I'm really just taking this as a drama CD or something
I'm fine with that...but I really hope there would be a better adoption.
Jan 18, 2014 4:34 PM

Jan 2013
Rudy is so annoying...
Jan 18, 2014 5:02 PM

Sep 2012
Rudy is a pain in the ass. I hope he dies and forget all his memories. Jk, but really, Minori is doing great so far :3
Jan 18, 2014 5:13 PM

Mar 2013
The healer wants to be party leader... WHAT?
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jan 18, 2014 5:18 PM
Jun 2013
Meh...
Needs more Akatsuki. And Shiroe. These little kids are getting boring. Like really boring.
Jan 18, 2014 5:36 PM

Jul 2013
stellalala said:
Meh...
Needs more Akatsuki. And Shiroe. These little kids are getting boring. Like really boring.

she wont play a big role soon untill the 6. book, which sadly wont be adapted (she is there in 5th book, yes, but not as main protagonist)
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Jan 18, 2014 6:05 PM

Jan 2013
So I'm assuming landers also turn into bubbles upon death or is the lack of bodies another censorship issue?

Oh Rudy you are amassing quite a number of death flags there.
Jan 18, 2014 6:34 PM

Aug 2013
... BAD IDEA MINORI. BAD.BAD.BAD. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO IF RUDY DIES HUH?! ᕙ(`皿´)╯
Jan 18, 2014 6:52 PM

Mar 2013
the goblins have come XD

majiloveanime said:
... BAD IDEA MINORI. BAD.BAD.BAD. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO IF RUDY DIES HUH?! ᕙ(`皿´)╯
Haha LOL Minori just want to like Shiroe.
Jan 18, 2014 7:03 PM

Jul 2013
stellalala said:
Meh...
I agree..
Jan 18, 2014 7:08 PM

Dec 2009
Oh, I think I get the Rudy thing (totally ignored in this episode, but I believe they throw a big hint today).

vilmarbf said:

In some MMO's e MOBA's this is very common, because the healers/supports can look the things more cleary from the rear.
Jan 18, 2014 7:22 PM
Jun 2010
polesp said:
It seems not a lot of people play MMO's here, I am actually happy that it is not all flashy action. You need planning and strategy in order to do well in MMO's, so given that premise I am quite happy with the whole analytical way this anime is going for, it gives scope for some interesting scenarios, If you are patient enough that is.

I believe it's more of a case of them only being in party consisting of friends and guildmates who know how to play. If they do PUG often, there's an equal number of bad PUG as there are good PUG. Well it's more bad PUG but cover up by good tanks or good healers. I've experience enough PUG where Healer are not defended from minion spawns and dying.

PauloDDD said:
Oh, I think I get the Rudy thing (totally ignored in this episode, but I believe they throw a big hint today).

vilmarbf said:

In some MMO's e MOBA's this is very common, because the healers/supports can look the things more cleary from the rear.

Most of the time, it's really the healer that enables the party to move forward, and they don't want to feel like a tool being spam random invites. But yes, there's quite a fair difference between generic MMORPG and MOBA.
Jan 18, 2014 7:55 PM
Feb 2013
There isn't really a clear 'healer' role in MOBAs (speaking in terms of Dota 2 and League of Legends here). It's more of a 'support' role and some supports just tend to be able to heal. It's not uncommon to see those which do not.

You do see the captain of the team being the support (e.g. Na'vi Puppey) but it can be assigned to any role (e.g. DK BurNIng). It's difficult to compare MOBAs to MMORPG.

Basically the most competent person at being leader should be leader.
Jan 18, 2014 8:51 PM

Jul 2012
Haaaah.... For those people crying "ACTION! ACTION!" these past few eps be prepared for... more talks and politics next ep.

Honestly peeps mindless action just isn't how Mamare Touno lays his plot. There is action but it's very sporadic and concise. Even this upcoming war w/ the goblins and sahuagins would have very concise battles. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they crammed it in one ep. The main battle and not w/ Minori and party. W/c is very doable mind you. It wouldn't take much out of the whole narrative.

Point is this series was adapted from a light novel w/c is more plot and character driven than anything else. Do not expect this to be a straight up "Shounen" battle series cause it honestly isn't. And if you can't stand that then there's the door...

I might be being a little harsh here but honestly I don't really think you'll find anything more to like after this arc so might as well spare you some yawns (and us facepalming while reading these "More action!!!" comments every ep).
swordstriker21Jan 18, 2014 10:04 PM
Jan 18, 2014 8:52 PM

Apr 2010
vilmarbf said:

I'm not even sure what MMO you've played to ask that question. Party leader/strategist has nothing to do with a player's class & is different than being on the front lines leading/scouting.
Jan 18, 2014 9:42 PM

Nov 2008
swordstriker21 said:
Haaaah.... For those poeple crying "ACTION! ACTION!" these past few eps be prepared for... more talks and politics next ep.

Honestly peeps mindless action just isn't how Mamare Touno lays his plot. There is action but it's very sporadic and concise. Even this upcoming war w/ the goblins and sahuagins would have very concise battles. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they crammed it in one ep. The main battle and not w/ Minori and party. W/c is very doable mind you. It wouldn't take much out of the whole narrative.

Point is this series was adapted from a light novel w/c is more plot and character driven than anything else. Do not expect this to be a straight up "Shounen" battle series cause it honestly isn't. And if you can't stand that then there's the door...

I might be being a little harsh here but honestly I don't really think you'll find anything more to like after this arc so might as well spare you some yawns (and us facepalming while reading these "More action!!!" comments every ep).
Dude don't tell me the details but can you tell me if the disappearance of the Izumo Knights explained in the novel? I wanted to know this. xDD

As far as I know they are those NPCs that prevents the players PK in town like in some MMOs.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 18, 2014 9:48 PM

Nov 2009
swordstriker21 said:
Haaaah.... For those poeple crying "ACTION! ACTION!" these past few eps be prepared for... more talks and politics next ep.

This.
Jan 18, 2014 9:50 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: Cleaned up a couple of spoilers and quotes of spoilers in the first five pages. Note that revealing details from the LN that have not been revealed thus far in the anime is spoiling. Deliberately posting untagged spoilers (or major plot points and character deaths, even within spoilers) can be considered trolling and is treated as such.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 18, 2014 10:30 PM

Apr 2012
They forgot about their quests. Can't blame them, with all the 'apocalypse' and all. Let's see what'll happen next week.

My forum picture is awesome. #sorrynotsorry (tumblr)

Jan 18, 2014 10:30 PM
Dec 2009
Rudy has so many death flags it's not even funny.
Jan 18, 2014 10:56 PM

May 2013
Getting pretty serious now :D
Jan 18, 2014 11:17 PM
Nov 2013
this anime seriously need blu-ray HD Remake with no censorship + Kanami Party OVA
Jan 18, 2014 11:28 PM
Apr 2011
I'm really looking forward to next weeks episode!
And I'm totally fine with the "lack of action" going on. I like getting everything explained for real so you get it all without having to guess about the details. And it is pretty obvious that we soon will get a lot of action, just be patient people! :)
Jan 18, 2014 11:49 PM
Feb 2013
Am I the only one that was a little annoyed by how quickly they seemed to shrug off an entire town being wiped out?
Jan 19, 2014 12:03 AM
Nov 2013
Samneillium said:
Am I the only one that was a little annoyed by how quickly they seemed to shrug off an entire town being wiped out?

if i'm not mistaken that't just little village. town is the one with bridge at the end
Jan 19, 2014 12:23 AM

Nov 2009
Finally volume 4!

NHK please be good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.