Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 14, 2009 7:42 PM
Mar 2009
Well, there are alot of rumors about Gundam Seed having a third season called Gundam Seed Eternity. The basic premise would be a normal gundam show featuring three or four main characters from one of the other Gundam Seed Shows. (as the rumors have told) However, do you guys think this is a good idea? Does the show really need to keep going? Or is the story still open enough for another Season?

In my opinion the best thing would be to have another season but remove the gundams. Have all the characters going to school together...kinda a gundam meets school rumble kinda thing. This way the characters I am so attatched to A)won't die and B) might finally get to act like couples.

So, what do you guys think?

Source:http://forum.minitokyo.net/t38012
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 14, 2009 7:53 PM

Jan 2008
Gundam without Gundams is a little....pointless, don't you think?

Gundam seed is over with it's time to move on to another gundam saga.
Mar 14, 2009 8:05 PM
Jun 2007
Only if it fixes the damage done by the second half of Destiny. and if its 25 eps and not 50. But I can't see any real story behind a 3rd season.
Mar 14, 2009 8:22 PM

Oct 2008
a movie is ok for me

but wouldnt be surprise with season 3 since seed is supposed to be the new UC for the new generation

Mar 14, 2009 9:09 PM

Dec 2007
See the source date. It's been 3 years since that rumour popped up.

Not to mention it got proven as a hoax a few days after. The source picture was a relatively good shop of Meyrin and Athrun.
Mar 14, 2009 9:37 PM

Apr 2008
fruitless said:
Well, there are alot of rumors about Gundam Seed having a third season called Gundam Seed Eternity. The basic premise would be a normal gundam show featuring three or four main characters from one of the other Gundam Seed Shows. (as the rumors have told) However, do you guys think this is a good idea? Does the show really need to keep going? Or is the story still open enough for another Season?

In my opinion the best thing would be to have another season but remove the gundams. Have all the characters going to school together...kinda a gundam meets school rumble kinda thing. This way the characters I am so attatched to A)won't die and B) might finally get to act like couples.

Source:[url=http://forum.minitokyo.net/t38012]http://forum.minitokyo.net/t38012

One of the worst ideas I have ever heard. I've never seen the SEEDs but as someone said, Gundam without Gundams and into a school drama is a horrible idea, atrocious. It's suppose to be about politics, strategy and warfare not the antics and whose gonna date who slice of life comedy show
Mar 15, 2009 3:04 AM

Mar 2008
humbug23 said:
See the source date. It's been 3 years since that rumour popped up.

Not to mention it got proven as a hoax a few days after. The source picture was a relatively good shop of Meyrin and Athrun.

Their you have it. Even if it was true I would just have one question. WHY? Why do we need a season 3. Seed Destiny raped every thing up pretty well, even if the whole second season was a crap shoot. I think that a 3rd season would just be a joke. XD
Mar 15, 2009 7:01 AM

Oct 2008
the future of CE is pretty much a black box right now, but the thing is Sunrise is now obligated because they already shows there will be a contituation a long time ago

Mar 15, 2009 7:18 AM

Aug 2008
BURNlTHElPRIEST said:
Only if it fixes the damage done by the second half of Destiny. and if its 25 eps and not 50. But I can't see any real story behind a 3rd season.

agreed. I doubt it would happen, but the CE universe had a lot of potential. There will have to be a much larger time skip than 2 years between SEED & SEED Destiny. Give me 7 or 10 or 15 years. Then there will be room for development. I think its worth talking about since I think a lot of people liked that timeline.
Mar 16, 2009 9:51 AM
Apr 2008
well i want a movie , a third series would be great becuase despite the flaws SEED destiny had i just really enjoyed watching it , its not the best gundam series but its my personal faveourite.
but one with no mecha would be surprisingly refreshing , im all up for new idead and trying a new style .
Mar 17, 2009 8:28 AM

Feb 2008
here
Mar 19, 2009 8:50 AM

Aug 2007
Surprised this hasn't been brought up, given it was big news when it was announced: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_SEED:_The_Movie#Theatrical_film

That said, it's on indefinite hiatus.
Mar 19, 2009 1:06 PM
Mar 2008
it will come on the 10 Anniversary of Seed
that would make sense if its not done by that there will be no movie
simple

and there wont be a third season i can garantue that
Mar 19, 2009 1:20 PM

Jul 2006
There were rumors about a 3rd season of Gundam SEED YEARS ago....

Mar 20, 2009 12:04 PM

Aug 2008
man not another one i love the characters but what kind of growth would there be in another season i hope they just keep it with the movie and new or upgraded gundams oh and destiny was stupid but go strike freedom
Apr 4, 2009 12:07 PM

Jul 2007
fruitless said:

Source:[url=http://forum.minitokyo.net/t38012]http://forum.minitokyo.net/t38012

What you want is a typical generic slice of life anime. You'll generally find the same characters in SEED in some of them too, since the characters in SEED can be more defined by the generic character stereotypes of anime.

If you remove the Mobile Suits as you want, there'd be no war or anything, and so the characters wouldn't be soldiers or have matured from it etc. so yeah, basically all you want is a typical slice of life anime that you can get anywhere. No point turning Gundam into it, it'd be a pointless series otherwise.
Apr 4, 2009 2:54 PM

Mar 2009
I believe there would be a movie before a third season. And the only way I can see them making a new series is if they set it farther into the future with brand new characters just to give it a new look, or else it will just be the same storyline again.
Apr 8, 2009 5:41 PM
Forever Fearless

Apr 2007
Sushikins said:
Surprised this hasn't been brought up, given it was big news when it was announced: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_SEED:_The_Movie#Theatrical_film

That said, it's on indefinite hiatus.

Well that explains the pictures of Kira in the White ZAFT Uniform.
Speed is Life - 1st ID... patch on my shoulder.

Apr 8, 2009 8:47 PM

Oct 2008
with the UC and AD movie coming up, look forward to 2011 or beyond for this one

Apr 15, 2009 4:02 AM
Mar 2008
i rather say 2012 theres the tenth anniversary which would more sense if it were shown in that year
Apr 16, 2009 10:40 PM
Dec 2008
It is a good idea to have a season 3 in Gundam seed but the thing is how about the story are they going to start with the four main characters or another war what do you think?
Signature Removed. Please read the General Forum Guidelines regarding signature size.
Apr 18, 2009 9:30 PM

Oct 2008
Keita75 said:
It is a good idea to have a season 3 in Gundam seed but the thing is how about the story are they going to start with the four main characters or another war what do you think?

Apr 19, 2009 12:24 PM

Jul 2007
Keita75 said:

Okay, I'll pretend they were making a Gundam SEED Season 3 and it will be good. So these are the ideas I have for it, if it were to be good. So basically, don't expect these things at all.

- Kira is not invincible and to prove it, he dies in a somewhat early battle against a Natural, because Naturals are evolving naturally. (Brace for newtypes all over again, except without the newtype powers, if you get me).
- Athrun has become a high ranking military official, doesn't see as much combat but will be useful for those scenes he does join in on the combat (must be MUCH later). Not that I favour Athrun over Kira, but Kira's best use is to die just to show naturals aren't worthless cannon fodder all the time.
- Cannon fodder that can MOVE OUT OF THE WAY. It's not Mobile Suit for no reason.
- Shinn has grown up and left the military, it's not for him. I don't care what anyone says, he's best doing something else.

Now that that's out of the way. Have the Coordinators appear the bad guys early on for a change (I mean even in SEED we're shown their good sides as the Federation gets more evil...). So the Coordinators initiate a war against Naturals for some retarded reason (which is a better reason that what Sunrise'd probably give us) and...oh forget it I can't be bothered.

tl;dr don't expect good stuff.
Apr 25, 2009 4:00 AM
Mar 2008
it wont go that way and there will be no third season i kill myself if there were one to come (SERIOUSLY) i wont die because there will be no thrid season simple right?

for the movie

kira impregnants Lacus and dies at the end(the onyl thing i dont see coming well maybe the pregnant part but not the dying part)
Shinn lives with Luna peacefully on Orb with a normal job (not to much i connection with the military)
-for athrun hrough he dropped cagahli for meryl in the movie fanservice wins and they get together at least at the end
-naturals wont be the "main"enemy neither will be coordinators
there will be something new
Murrue and Neo still pilot the archangel and something different than the Akatsuki(its in cagahlis care or it should at least)
both survive
Apr 25, 2009 4:44 AM

Mar 2009
Sunrise should finally do Seed movie because this year is otherwise empty from gundam (next year 00 movie). As for new Seed sequel I would certainly hope so because Seed/destiny has better athmosphere than 00. Critically 00 is certainly better but somehow I just like Seed/Destiny a lot more. Can't really explain why.
Apr 26, 2009 3:31 AM
Mar 2008
KillerMan91 said:
Sunrise should finally do Seed movie because this year is otherwise empty from gundam (next year 00 movie). As for new Seed sequel I would certainly hope so because Seed/destiny has better athmosphere than 00. Critically 00 is certainly better but somehow I just like Seed/Destiny a lot more. Can't really explain why.

fanboy wise
flashy scenes, overpowered Gundams and mainstream music and no critical characters deads
Apr 26, 2009 5:35 AM

Oct 2008
CE is still a good universe to work in, and of course the main characters wont die anytime soon, there's really only been 2 SEEDs, but seeing that SEED is supposed to be UC rehash, we might possibly some main characters "disappear" in a counterattack sort of way. Oh wait there's ZZ, so a loty can happen, it could end with this one or we still might get something else.

the best SEED part 3 for me will be one where Kira becomes the antagonist and the new mask man after a major tragedy (Lacus' assasination) then ends up fighting Athrun, representing Orb which basically becomes the leader of Earth at the end of Destiny. The biggest war in history happens and they both disappear in a final battle. Shinn, who is the remaining major war hero left in ZAFT after Kira, realizes the futility of the cycle of hatred and tries to stop it. In the end, he leads ZAFT in a peace treaty with Cagalli of Earth.

I think they did great with Shinn's character. Starting from ep 2 we saw that his character was supposed to be hated. Characters that invoke emotions from the audience are greatly designed characters for me. Id like him to be the one in CE that matures the most, even though I liked the others more. Kira's character development stopped with season 1, season 2 we saw more of Athrun's point of view but it didnt really add much. Shinn's character thus holds the biggest potential in SEED 3.

I dont think Strike Freedom is overpowered at all, I mean it doesnt have a shield that can envelop it completely or a warship-size beam that comes out of a barrel 1/50th of that size. It cant communicate with the dead or turn golden and gain the enlightenment of nirvana. It doesnt have a giant sword, make copies of itself nor does it have a berserk mode. It doesnt have wings that cut through anything or harness massive amounts of energy and blow away entire space colonies. Its just a Hi Nu incarnate with a better targeting system and it doesnt even have same shielding power.

Apr 26, 2009 6:55 AM

Mar 2009
Raith said:
KillerMan91 said:

fanboy wise
flashy scenes, overpowered Gundams and mainstream music and no critical characters deads

Yeah. I admit that I am Seed/Destiny fanboy =P. 00 just seems so ordinary to me. It just doesn't have that epic feeling that Seed/destiny has with overpowered gundams and unrealistic characters. That is also the reason why I love Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann too (epic mecha fights). Don't get me wrong. I like 00 too but just not as much as Seed. =)
Apr 28, 2009 6:49 AM
Mar 2008
KillerMan91 said:
Raith said:
KillerMan91 said:

fanboy wise

Yeah. I admit that I am Seed/Destiny fanboy =P. 00 just seems so ordinary to me. It just doesn't have that epic feeling that Seed/destiny has with overpowered gundams and unrealistic characters. That is also the reason why I love Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann too (epic mecha fights). Don't get me wrong. I like 00 too but just not as much as Seed. =)

your insane
00 was fucking epic unlike seed it did actually a good Homage and didnt really stole anything from the erly tv shows
and i admit i really like Seed Music but 00 music was fucking epic the thrid and fourth OST are ingenius
and the endings of 00 had a lot more impact
Seed is not bad still ranks 3 for me Destiny hat potential but was made crap (sry i dont like shinn he really had a hardcore sis complex through his hatred was good animated) destiny even recycled more scenes than seed did and that really hurt my eyes
and dont forget the crappy Mwu Clone Neo the fucking pedo
Seriosly thats why i keep telling people to watch the old seires
the end of the UC line is always shocking
Apr 28, 2009 9:18 AM

Mar 2008
For comparison of 00 to Seed/Destiny I suggest you read my MAL review for it:

"One way, Jesus, You're the only one that I could live for! You are the way, the truth and the life. We live by faith and not by sight... "
Apr 28, 2009 11:40 AM

Feb 2009
Raith said:
KillerMan91 said:
Raith said:
KillerMan91 said:

fanboy wise

your insane
00 was fucking epic unlike seed it did actually a good Homage and didnt really stole anything from the erly tv shows
and i admit i really like Seed Music but 00 music was fucking epic the thrid and fourth OST are ingenius
and the endings of 00 had a lot more impact
Seed is not bad still ranks 3 for me Destiny hat potential but was made crap (sry i dont like shinn he really had a hardcore sis complex through his hatred was good animated) destiny even recycled more scenes than seed did and that really hurt my eyes
and dont forget the crappy Mwu Clone Neo the fucking pedo
Seriosly thats why i keep telling people to watch the old seires
the end of the UC line is always shocking

The only way I see the SEED series can redeem itself is to recon Destiny and remake it from the very beginning (Maybe even SEED).

It's base on what I saw on forum at fanfiction.net
http://www.fanfiction.net/topic/34393/2487507/3/#14470819
Apr 28, 2009 1:06 PM

Mar 2009
danceljoy said:
For comparison of 00 to Seed/Destiny I suggest you read my MAL review for it:

That was very nice review. And I agree with it almost completely. It depends a lot of preference. Sometimes some series may be critically high aclaimed but even still I don't like it as much as something that has gotten bad scores critically. I enjoyed more CE but I can understand if someone likes more AD. In this world there are as many opinions as humans. =)
KillerMan91Apr 28, 2009 1:11 PM
Apr 28, 2009 8:06 PM

Mar 2008
Thanks for appreciating my review :)

Anyway, as reply to the initial topic: Gundam without Gundams is not gundam, it's called fanfiction.
"One way, Jesus, You're the only one that I could live for! You are the way, the truth and the life. We live by faith and not by sight... "
Apr 29, 2009 3:01 AM

Oct 2008
Seed 3 is not on my to watch list, its on my "I want it now" list

May 1, 2009 10:57 PM

Mar 2009
As much as i would LOVE for there to be another gundam seed, they would probably just butcher what the second half of destiny left intact. However they should make a new one more like seed, cause 00 was not that good
May 24, 2009 9:40 PM
May 2009
Takuya-kun said:

Aw, I was hoping for Athrun's Counterattack, not Kira's, you know, to complete his Char referencing.

May 25, 2009 9:54 PM

Mar 2009
martin03345 said:

One of the worst ideas I have ever heard. I've never seen the SEEDs but as someone said, Gundam without Gundams and into a school drama is a horrible idea, atrocious. It's suppose to be about politics, strategy and warfare not the antics and whose gonna date who slice of life comedy show

Absolutely, about what it should be aboout~

I particularly enjoyed Seed. Destiny left me in despair, a huge disappointment.

But nonetheless, as long as, Almighty Godlike Kira would not descend from heavens to mess it all, I would give a shot.

Of course, if it was true to begin with.

Feb 1, 2010 6:40 PM
Nov 2009
Takuya-kun said:
a movie is ok for me

but wouldnt be surprise with season 3 since seed is supposed to be the new UC for the new generation

I definitely agree with you here. Seed is indeed the UC remade for the current gen, and all that's really left for them to do is make a Seed movie that's like Char's Counter Attack. Seeing as how the Astray stories seem to take the place of Double Zeta.

I also don't get why people keep saying, "Seed's a ripoff of the UC shows, so it sucks." In my opinion, it's bloody good because it mimics the originals.
Permissum incendia exuro profundus intus vos.
extraho of nox noctis ago in.
May 22, 2010 2:28 PM

May 2010
I think I rather see another SEED series centered around the Astray characters instead, I saw the small five minute OVA's highlighting Lowe Gear's Junk Guild and Gai Murakumo's Serpent Tail mercenary group. So, I wish there was a series where we can see more of the Astray characters and see things in their point of view. Gai Murakumo is quite the awesome mercenary pilot and I like how he's so cool in the midst of battle. I also want to see more of Edawrd "The Ripper" Harrelson.
Sep 7, 2010 6:17 AM

Jun 2010
Idea sounds cool but no thanks!!!
''Those who opposes the will of the Creators shall be deleted..'' - Ultimate Messiah
Sep 7, 2010 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
i mean sry if u look at how seeds is so popular in japan it doesnt surprise me
Sep 7, 2010 10:46 AM
Jul 2018
thats just like haveing transformers w/ out the trabsformers oh wait that happened
Sep 7, 2010 10:46 AM
Jul 2018
thats just like haveing transformers w/ out the trabsformers oh wait that happened
Sep 7, 2010 6:42 PM

Nov 2008
well it might not be a bad idea, if it helps fill in the long waits for the Gundam Unicorn episodes.

Sep 30, 2010 6:36 AM

Oct 2008
I would love to see another season of Gundam SEED and my favourite characters, but having to watch another war and if it's like Destiny with all of those 'memories' of the past, I would pass it( well not really XD, I'm just too in love with the characters :D)

So to me personally another season sounds just great, but it has to have some more story and I hope there will be some 'actioan' between some characters ( YES I AM talking about the dense 'romance' between Lacus and Kira >.< , they should take a good example from Athrun and Cagalli ...)
Oct 2, 2010 11:11 AM
Jun 2010
I would not like to see a new gundam seed season. I think that it lost all grounds for a new season bc of part 2 of season 2. That is why they had to make a movie that changed some things up bc they knew that the ending was bad.
Oct 11, 2010 7:42 PM

Nov 2008
i thought the movie was a stupid thing to do for it.

Oct 24, 2010 5:56 PM
Oct 2010
Freedom should Die xD no offence to Kira Lovers xDDD but Shinn is better!!! xD
Nov 20, 2010 3:55 AM
Jun 2008
hoi there should be a 3rd GS & besides they still owe a GS movie as well really should stay into GS & not that 00-FLOP disaster really GS still would do it MORE than 00-waste.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Jun 29, 2014 3:50 PM

Jun 2012
I want this. But considering this post was from 2009 im assuming it was the hd remastered version.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Gunpla thread

Baman - Sep 12, 2011

8 by jm0nk3y77 »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:03 PM

» Which character do you hate the most??

anuses - Sep 26, 2014

30 by Ushiwa915 »»
Aug 24, 2022 6:42 AM

» Gundam a deeper meaning.

geppe - Jul 26, 2015

4 by mischlef »»
Jul 25, 2021 7:34 AM

» Favorite Gundam Males

hartschaotica - Dec 30, 2010

13 by LeonhartAugust »»
Jul 23, 2021 12:59 PM

» Best Gundam Couples ( 1 2 )

Darkerangel - Nov 13, 2010

58 by Darkerangel »»
Jan 2, 2021 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.