Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2014 7:45 AM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
TR hits again with a truck.
(Just how many secret bases do they have in this region?)
Sylveon/Ninfia is cute, but Froakie/Keromatsu is just cool beyond words.
Jan 16, 2014 8:11 AM

Feb 2009
Knew that preview last episode was just a copout. Ash is even cocky enough to accept the condition and not even getting what that means one way or the other. Dense as fuck and always will be. Serena did get jelly for some moments there. Could have been an episode heavy on the shipping but they didn't follow up on it. Ah well.
Just a standard episode of the day. Nothing to write about. The did introduce the Fairy typing for Sylveon. Sudden but just as well.
Espurr next episode. The Pokemon that got a lot of memes because of its creepy looks. Should be fun.
Jan 16, 2014 9:31 AM
Sep 2013
Kinda disappointed..I really thought shipping will get interesting today....because premiere was a nice looking for a shipping fight......just like before ..like enabel or angy...they are not concentrating well on this shipping which is one of the main attraction of XY series .....it's been some episode passed after ashxserena moments....today was a nice opportunity to recall shipping again ...well I hope they have some plans for it
Jan 16, 2014 4:41 PM

Jul 2013
Heh, guess you were right after all belatkuro.
Disappointing, but Serena was a jelly for a few moments.
Froakie was pretty cool this ep though.
Another typical episode.
Espurr next episode :)
Jan 17, 2014 11:09 AM

Sep 2009
Sylveon was pretty cute and I liked how they showed what it can do with its feelers
The battle between sylveon and froakie was a bit disappointing though.... I don't like how attract in combination with draining kiss was used to finish froakie off because sylveon seems less powerful that way.

Jan 17, 2014 5:19 PM
Jul 2013
Even when you have to hold the filling? Had very bad start the episode, even Ash and Premier explained how they met, so far below.

Romance pokemon:
http://i43.tinypic.com/28mcx11.jpg
Jan 19, 2014 10:30 PM

May 2013
Love that Sylveon. That is an awesome pokemon. Froakie was cool too, helping get Sylveon out of that capsule.
Jan 20, 2014 6:21 AM

Sep 2012
When I see this citroen 2 chevaux here, I really understand that the new region is my country...
Jan 20, 2014 7:26 AM

Nov 2009
I had expected a misunderstanding from the preview and I guess the shipping won't happen so early but it was good to see Serena having a brief moment even though it was one sided.

It was good to see Sylveon/Ninfia so soon and it's quite cute and I liked the way how they showed use of it's feelers. Froakie/Keromatsu was cool as usual and the upgrade in animation really shows it as usual.

Espurr next episode but it seems like they are having a one week break so we are gonna have to wait for a while!!

4/5

Jan 20, 2014 9:16 AM

May 2013
Great episode as always, poor Fletching being covered in dirt like that, looked kinda cute xD
Jan 20, 2014 10:22 AM

Oct 2012
Darnnnnn. I wanted so more scenes with Ash and Serena. -3- Well, its not like I didn't expect it either...

Maybe there'll be some more of this in the future o.o

Jan 20, 2014 11:36 AM
Nov 2013
It feels like I've seen this episode before. An old pokemon episode with a similar story. A boy also scared of pokemon but ends up not being scared anymore.
Jan 20, 2014 1:55 PM

Dec 2011
Aw, the misunderstanding of Serena was cut off quickly.
Oh well, the battle isn't as intense, but I like how Froakie uses Water Pulse like Naruto doing his Rasengan. Hell yeah.

I betcha that Espurr/Nyasper will become Serena's pokemon, as seen in the games that the rival has Espurr.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2014 10:59 PM

Nov 2013
Romance pls.
Jan 21, 2014 10:44 AM

Feb 2013
nymphia is incredibly cute
Jan 25, 2014 7:52 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Ok episode, boy scared of Pokemon, but then is not scared after helping out. I want more Serena and Ash, and hopefully Serena can open more to Ash and show her lovey dovey side. I think I know an good episode which could bring out some romance.

Wow Team Rocket finally has two good Pokemon types Ghost/Psychic, but they lose. Smh,

Mar 4, 2014 5:07 PM

May 2008
That draining kiss scene // Hnnnnnnggggg *^ワ^*

If there are more episodes involving Sylveon would be great ♡//
Jan 14, 2015 12:42 PM

Jul 2013
There was an episode exactly the same as this over ten years ago before I stopped watching for 10 years. I'm surprised only one person remembers.

Not even Ash remembered that he had previously done the exact same thing with another class after being met the same way by a teacher only last time at first all the kids were pulling Pikachu's face and all the other Pokemon's and they didn't like it and there was also the same thing about a boy being scared of them and Team Rocket I'm pretty sure pulled the truck stunt that time too.

I thought the moment he got taken to the class "this already happened years ago, can't they come up with something new?" and I hadn't seen the other episode it was a rip off in probably more like over 12 or more years and yet I remembered it.
Nov 5, 2015 2:36 AM

Nov 2014
Decent episode this time.. finally we get to know Sylveon, one of the newly introduced fairy type pokemon.. but i actually hoped that they give more sight about it though since ash supposed to be surprise to meet the new type of pokemon since fairy type didn't exist in the previous region..

Anyway, we get to deal with team rocket again.. and as usual they got their ass kicked pretty quickly in this episode.. a good episode.. looking forward to see the next ones.. 5/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Aug 29, 2016 5:41 AM

Mar 2015
Sometimes I wonder where did Team Rocket get all their funds, when they've never captured pokemon.... but their main purpose to capture pokemon is so that it pleases Giovanni and they'd be given bonus or promotion.... so couldn't they just "save"? It would be a good moral for children.

Aug 26, 2020 11:14 PM
Jul 2018
Hey guise... this episode was monumental. However, i am wondering..... how coeme ash just doesnt give ms penelope the classic nut shot!!! think about it!! if ash can beat mewtwo (the strongest pokemon in pokemon btw) then he can definitly kill penelope. Thoughts??
Nov 17, 2021 1:33 PM

Dec 2007
love the "eye meeting = battle" rule in the start of the episode.

but the rest of the episode was the regular "kindergarten with one problematic child, and team rocket comes with a truck" lol, how much episodes like this we have?
well, that's just shows that XY had to have some weak episodes, how they presented silvyion wasn't that good to me either.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 93 Discussion

ETX - Oct 27, 2015

27 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 4, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 87 Discussion

Aipom - Sep 26, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 20, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 86 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Sep 9, 2015

19 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 17, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 78 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Jul 8, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 72 Discussion

210125 - May 14, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 6, 3:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.