Forum Settings
Forums

New 'Kuroshitsuji' Anime Series Announced [Update 3/22]

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

Feb 18, 2014 2:24 PM
ty god!!been waiting for this a while now...

Mar 21, 2014 8:12 PM

News Update
It was announced that the new Kuroshitsuji anime will be both a TV series and an OVA series.

The TV series is subtitled Book of Circus and will air July 2014 in the Animeism block. It will adapt the Noah's Ark Circus Arc, picking the manga story back up from the point at which they diverged. This arc immediately follows the Curry Contest Arc in the manga, which ended at episode 15 in the first season of the anime.

The OVA is subtitled Book of Murder and will pre-screen in theaters Fall 2014. It will adapt the Phantomhive Manor Murder Case Arc, which follows the circus arc in the manga.

Book of Circus Additional Cast
Joker: Mamoru Miyano
Doll: Ayahi Takagaki
Beast: Yuko Kaida
Dagger: Nobuhiko Okamoto
Snake: Takuma Terashima

PV: http://youtu.be/wWwHYbmLPk0 (region blocked)

Source: Official site
Modified by Naruleach, Mar 23, 2014 7:19 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Mar 21, 2014 8:28 PM

Mar 21, 2014 8:54 PM

I SAW THIS ON ADALA NEWS AND I'M SO PSYCHEEEDDDDDD.

Like holy fuck my dreams have come true. They're adapting both the CIRCUS AND THE MURDER ARC AHHH AKDJFALKDFJASDF. MY FAVOURITES.

So I guess you would need to have seen the first season then, and then watch this... unless they plan to start from the beginning, cover the curry arc and stuff and then do the Circus arc? I don't think that'd be a great idea, but we'll see. SO EXCITE.

EDIT: Okay I didn't read the rest of the post because I'm an idiot so yeah they're STARTING RIGHT AT ITTTTTT.
Modified by Laciie, Mar 21, 2014 8:58 PM

Mar 22, 2014 12:22 AM
I watched the first season a while back but I'm glad they're following the manga. Looking forward to this!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!

Mar 22, 2014 1:54 AM

I enjoyed Black Butler
I'm looking forward to this!

Mar 22, 2014 3:10 AM

damn, so many good news and bad news in this year
Good News
- we got so many amazing anime adaptation announcement
Bad News
- we got so many announcement about the end of many amazing manga...
"As long as you're alive, something happy bound to happens"
-What a Wonderful World

Mar 22, 2014 4:14 AM

Thank God! They did not follow the end of Season 2! Snake, here I come!!
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Mar 22, 2014 4:28 AM

O! I heard lot of good things about these arc!
Glad I will can watch it as anime :D

I look forward to these ovas :D

Mar 22, 2014 4:40 AM

Mmh, I'm just a tiiiny bit disappointed because I hoped they would start again from the beginning sticking to the manga... I stayed away from the anime because I knew it was half made up, but I guess I'm forced to watch that too.
Anyway I'm happy they will adapt the Manor Murder Case, that's my favourite arc together with the Weston School Case *-*

Mar 22, 2014 5:31 AM

Yay Mamo!

Anywho, I'm surprised Terashima Takuma is still given work despite the Kokoro Connect scandal. With a scandal so controversial like that, I'd expect his career to plummet yet his career seems to be unaffected. Compare him to Aya Hirano, whose talent agency fired her as soon as her lewd photos emerged(IIRC). I guess male seiyuus are treated much better than female ones?

Mar 22, 2014 8:05 AM

ITS A MIRACLE THEY ARE FOLLOWING THE MANGA!!!!!!1111

I hope that if they do animate more it will follow the other arcs and not spew out garbage like the second season. Excluding Alois and Hannah everything else about it was so damn terrible it was like one huge shitty pedo joke.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"

Mar 22, 2014 8:16 AM

Vongole said:
Yay Mamo!

Anywho, I'm surprised Terashima Takuma is still given work despite the Kokoro Connect scandal. With a scandal so controversial like that, I'd expect his career to plummet yet his career seems to be unaffected. Compare him to Aya Hirano, whose talent agency fired her as soon as her lewd photos emerged(IIRC). I guess male seiyuus are treated much better than female ones?

There was a lot of shit aimed towards him right after that incident, but there was an apology along with photo evidence that the victim and he were friends again so I'm pretty sure things calmed down. Plus this is two years ago so yeah. I'm not very knowledgeable on Aya Hirano's scandal, did she send her photos to someone in particular or post them up for the world to see? Because if it's the former then it's not her fault it's the piece of crap who decided to spread it around's fault but if it's the latter then idk. I'm not sure as to whether or not male seiyuus are treated better than females ones either.

Mar 22, 2014 8:32 AM

Kella said:
Mmh, I'm just a tiiiny bit disappointed because I hoped they would start again from the beginning sticking to the manga... I stayed away from the anime because I knew it was half made up, but I guess I'm forced to watch that too.
Anyway I'm happy they will adapt the Manor Murder Case, that's my favourite arc together with the Weston School Case *-*

I'm a bit disappointed too, seeing as they diverged in the beginning as well.. I was hoping for a complete reboot. But I guess I can't be too disappointed, at least we are getting a series out of the Circus arc and an OVA in threaters for the Manor Murder Case.

After this, maybe they will consider doing a full remake.. (doubtful but one can hope.)

Mar 22, 2014 10:00 AM

Kella said:

I stayed away from the anime because of what I'd heard about it not being fully faithful to the manga. And like you, I guess I'll need to watch it before watching this new season.

Mar 22, 2014 10:16 AM

Lefty112 said:
Kella said:

I stayed away from the anime because of what I'd heard about it not being fully faithful to the manga. And like you, I guess I'll need to watch it before watching this new season.

Actually, there should be no reason for either one of you to watch the prior season. If you guys have read the manga, then there should be no need to. Especially since they say they are going to follow the manga for the Circus and Manor arc, which means they are going to ignore their un-faithfulness to the manga in the prior season, hopefully.

Of course, this is A-1 Pictures so they may change the Circus and Manor arc a bit too..

Mar 22, 2014 2:03 PM

Yessss Mamo and Takuma in the cast! Looking forward to the OVA. Sounds amazing just by the voice cast and title.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

interested in redrawing or translating manga? come to cotton candy scans

Mar 22, 2014 3:29 PM
Thank god that it will cover the manga, can't wait!! The murder mystery arc is my absolute favorite :D

Mar 22, 2014 3:52 PM

lovelyphantom said:
Kella said:

I'm a bit disappointed too, seeing as they diverged in the beginning as well.. I was hoping for a complete reboot. But I guess I can't be too disappointed, at least we are getting a series out of the Circus arc and an OVA in threaters for the Manor Murder Case.

After this, maybe they will consider doing a full remake.. (doubtful but one can hope.)

The first half of S1 was pretty faithful. It goes off route after that. And that's where they're starting from, so I don't really think it's a problem.

Mar 23, 2014 12:41 PM

Laciie said:
lovelyphantom said:
Kella said:

The first half of S1 was pretty faithful. It goes off route after that. And that's where they're starting from, so I don't really think it's a problem.

No. It was only faithful with the Jack the Ripper arc and the Curry arc. Episode 1 was a complete divergence from chapter one of the manga. Clause wasn't evil, nor did he get burned in an oven. Then you got episode 2 and 7 up to the Curry arc (which starts at 13).. It wasn't completely faithful. Which is why I'm hoping they plan on ignoring their divergence, completely, and stick to the manga as they say they are going to.
Modified by lovelyphantom, Mar 23, 2014 1:15 PM

Mar 23, 2014 4:30 PM

Wow, glad to see that they are adapting the manga after all :D Can't wait to see and hear Snake, I'm going to love him <3

Mar 23, 2014 4:33 PM

Yesssss I love that manga arc

Mar 23, 2014 5:45 PM

Thats awesome.Really liked this arc in manga.

Mar 23, 2014 7:40 PM
First I find out about log horizon, and now this........

Yessssss!

Mar 23, 2014 7:51 PM

They should've just remade the manga from the beginning if they were gonna animate the arc anyway xD

But CIRCUS im so happy! :P

Mar 26, 2014 7:48 AM

The first season was freaking awsome!!! then the second season was like eh..alright.. . I wonder if the third will be better than the second..
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"There is something in this world that no one has ever seen before. It is gentle and sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily. However, someday, someone will find it. The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it. "
— Aisaka Taiga and Takasu Ryuuji

Mar 29, 2014 6:28 PM
At this point they are kinda milking black butler, but before I can make full judgement I should watch the rest of season , I gave up with it midway because it was kinda bad in my opinion

Mar 30, 2014 3:05 PM

After the way season two went compared to the first one i am almost worried about what they will do it when they animate such a great arc. i think it could go either way, either good like the first season or bad like the second. i saw that it was coming out on May 7th, is that right or no?
"A heart is a heavy burden." - Howl's Moving Castle.

Mar 31, 2014 10:26 AM

fearthefuz said:
After the way season two went compared to the first one i am almost worried about what they will do it when they animate such a great arc. i think it could go either way, either good like the first season or bad like the second. i saw that it was coming out on May 7th, is that right or no?

No. It's coming out sometime in July this year.

Apr 1, 2014 1:21 PM

I really liked this arc and hope that the anime adaptation would be as good!

Apr 1, 2014 3:18 PM

The best arc in the series thus far imo so I really hope its executed well.

I'm so excited, really cant wait to see Doll and Joker animated!

Apr 1, 2014 4:34 PM
I can't wait!

Apr 3, 2014 10:28 AM
YES!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE FOLLOWING THE MANGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok ok calm down....... YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
..........i might cry guys

Apr 3, 2014 8:41 PM

I'm really glad they're adapting some of the manga arcs. If everything goes well and they don't screw this up, we may get more manga arcs and less of season 2. Can't wait!

Apr 4, 2014 3:21 PM

Definitely cant wait ..

Apr 5, 2014 8:10 AM

This is good but I really hope they add in extra appearances and cameos from Grell who hardly appears in the manga at all. He's totally my favourite of all time!
That or they do the ship voyage arc as well as the circus one. Because in the manga for the circus arc there's no Grell at all!!!

Apr 6, 2014 3:38 PM

Didn't expect this, what good news! :D

Apr 6, 2014 9:22 PM
Hopefully they follow the manga this time since I didn't like the season 2

Apr 6, 2014 11:01 PM

RedReaper said:
This is good but I really hope they add in extra appearances and cameos from Grell who hardly appears in the manga at all. He's totally my favourite of all time!
That or they do the ship voyage arc as well as the circus one. Because in the manga for the circus arc there's no Grell at all!!!

Considering how much they butchered Grelle in the anime, I really hope they don't put him in the Circus Arc.

Apr 15, 2014 9:23 PM

Hopefully it'll be more than just the circus arc. I really, REALLY, want to see the zombies, and put the
to rest.
I am grateful that people often write "bare" when they mean "bear" and vice versa. Because it makes what they said even funnier.

Apr 16, 2014 4:12 AM

TheCoolAlchemist said:
Hopefully it'll be more than just the circus arc. I really, REALLY, want to see the zombies, and put the
to rest.

It's called "Book of Circus" I really doubt it. The arc after that is being animated too, in OVAs, "Book of Murder". At this point in time, I really doubt anything will come after that. It all depends on how they sell/what A-1 wants to do, I guess.

Apr 16, 2014 7:22 AM

season 2 was pretty much garbage ..not sure i will touch this again.

Apr 20, 2014 2:05 PM
YESSSSSSA;LKSJF;ASJF;KSJA;FJ;LSKAJF;KJSA ;JF;SAJ F;SJA;FL S;FJ ;KLSA!!!! ....got a little too excited there >_<

Apr 21, 2014 9:42 PM

OHH YEAH SEBBY

Apr 22, 2014 1:07 AM

Kerozinn said:
season 2 was pretty much garbage ..not sure i will touch this again.

I agree that season 2 was garbage (I think I dropped it before even finishing the first ep) but that was because it was completely anime original.

Being an avid fan of the manga, I recommend you to give this adaptation a try because it is soooooooo much better than the anime original crap they come up with.

Apr 29, 2014 6:57 AM

Apr 29, 2014 7:50 AM

yehey! i can't believed it, they'll be doing an ova series for noah's ark circus arc. I can't wait to watch it! Its one of my favorites in kuroshitsuji manga.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]