Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 17, 2014 4:00 AM
Dec 2013
I really feel bad for Obito
He couldve been like Naruto but to see Kakashi kill Rin was really hard on him and so was Madara
Jan 17, 2014 4:02 AM

Aug 2013
I'm speechless It was great episode :o , I feel sorry for Obito , That Blood Bath :|
White zetsu and his jokes XD
5/5 <3 , filler episode next -_-

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jan 17, 2014 4:13 AM

May 2013
Obito could start with taking revenge on Kakashi, mist village ect. I don't understand how he can go from a kind young man to a crazy guy who wants to put the whole world in a dreamworld because of Rin.

Edit: The poop jokes actually reminded me of good boy Tobi and thought it was a funny part in a dramatic episode.
SaSa-ZoldyckJan 17, 2014 4:17 AM
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jan 17, 2014 4:15 AM

Apr 2011
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Obito could start with taking revenge on Kakashi, mist village ect. I don't understand how he can go from a kind young man to a crazy guy who wants to put the whole world in a dreamworld because of Rin.

Why kill Kakashi and lose both Rin and Kakashi when you can bring Rin back and have her love you?
Jan 17, 2014 4:20 AM

May 2013
yhunata said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

Why kill Kakashi and lose both Rin and Kakashi when you can bring Rin back and have her love you?

Well you said that Sasuke had somebody to kill (Itachi is own brother) Obito had a person to take his anger out (Kakashi a friend? rival?, Mist village)
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jan 17, 2014 4:22 AM
Aug 2013
yhunata said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

It really doesn't matter at this point, some guy becomes super evil for a crush, you can expect anything from here.

OTT
At least they explained the funny side of Tobi, but they still got a long way to fix the alternating inconcsistency of the relations between the 2.

My biggest issue with the war is that the story seems like it's dying out rather than ending, like a punctured balloon. Now we got a great background story, for a ruined character, seems like wasted potential here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2014 4:28 AM

Oct 2013
yhunata said:
soundscape said:
yhunata said:
soundscape said:
At last an Epic episode, loved it!!! Mainly because of NO Flashback no jutsu...

Last scene was awesome...

...... the entire episode was a flashback.

You know what I mean don't you??? Admit it....

Well, there was a flashback within the flashback, if you don't remember properly. Remember when Obito was trying to kiss Rin's picture only to have Kakashi interfere?

link9us said:
Sung-Hwan said:
Anime is catching up the to the manga fairly fast.

The manga is around 50 chapters ahead, so yeah it was at around 80 chapters if i remember right. Also the next "big" battle is probably going to progress much faster then it did in the manga so yeah its getting their, but then again the current arc is looking its just bout over in the manga.

My favorite back story is till yet to come, i can't wait for it be animated.

I can't think of a way for the current arc to end in the manga any time soon, to be honest. As for the backstory, don't rile these people up. Let them take it as it comes.

Are you trolling? Imean the flashbacks that they use that we have seen like 1000 time in the last 5 episodes at least. Imean the reuse of flashabcks....
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jan 17, 2014 4:42 AM
Jan 2014
I thought it was good (though the humour was annoying/bizarre)

but i do not see why people love the episode so much

I hope obito can still impress since he seems quite weak now his space time skill is understood, he is madras prodigy so i hope he can still be impressive, i had such high hopes for him
Jan 17, 2014 5:23 AM
Feb 2013
Wow, wtf kakashi?:S

I wonder what the explanation for killing Rin is. I understand why he got so emotional when Obito talked about Rin in the past episodes now, because he actually killed her himself.

Still don't understand why Obito didn't just take Rins corpse and Revived her later on.
Time will explain this, stoked for next double episode.

That ost in the beginning was amazing as well. Anyone know the name?(is it released anyway?)

Also, I hope the anime and manga won't finish too far from each other. From what I heard/read Naruto's manga is nearing it's end. I hope they don't push another giant filler arc in between.
I'm very excited to also play these new parts in the next Naruto game. probably the last Naruto game that incorporates new story :(
I can't believe it's nearing its end. Hopefully still about a year to go though.
RufeegeeJan 17, 2014 5:26 AM
Jan 17, 2014 6:15 AM

Aug 2009
yhunata said:
And just keep watching, Rin's death, while it is the main cause, it's not the only reason for Obito's reason for going crazy.

Also, seriously? You're not a guy? Well...... that is, awkward. I always thought you were a guy.

yes Im a female, all you had to do was go to my profile. But I said that couldn't be the only reason, that's all I was saying and that there had to be more.

Jan 17, 2014 7:50 AM

Apr 2011
soundscape said:
Are you trolling? Imean the flashbacks that they use that we have seen like 1000 time in the last 5 episodes at least. Imean the reuse of flashabcks....

Of course, I'm trolling.
Jan 17, 2014 10:21 AM

Dec 2012
Damn, I can't stop watching the ED. It's just so...perfect. The music and visuals, go so well together. The slideshow showing his past and Rin passing through him.... so heart wrenching. I'm glad my first time seeing it was in this episode and not the previous one, the impact would have lessened otherwise.

It's my 2nd favorite Naruto ED so far. 12th being my number one. This is one of the reasons why I'm grateful for Studio Perriort. They know how to nail certain stuff. If they lay on the excessive fillers and padding. They will be pretty much the best for long running manga adaptions.
Jan 17, 2014 10:33 AM

Oct 2011
Once again I am in tears. Obito wanted to be with Rin. He loved her T___T

What was that monstrous sound?? Was a Jinchuriki at that scene? Why would the Mist Ninja need Rin. Unless she.....Oh 0___0 Then he killing her.....T_______T
Jan 17, 2014 11:13 AM

Jul 2007
Rufeegee said:
Wow, wtf kakashi?:S

I wonder what the explanation for killing Rin is. I understand why he got so emotional when Obito talked about Rin in the past episodes now, because he actually killed her himself.

Still don't understand why Obito didn't just take Rins corpse and Revived her later on.
Time will explain this, stoked for next double episode.

This was such a fun debate in the manga discussions, people trying to surmise exactly the logic behind this. I mean certainly kishimoto would not go as far as creating some sort of scenario where Kakashi is jealous because of rin and obito's little crush so he kills her?? That is just laughable and i remember how people got so pissed off, they were ready to drop the manga haha. No their is certainly a more logical reasoning behind it then just jealousy. I kind of laughed my ass off when people came to that conclusion, certainly you have give kishimoto more credit then that

soundscape said:
yhunata said:
soundscape said:
yhunata said:
soundscape said:
At last an Epic episode, loved it!!! Mainly because of NO Flashback no jutsu...

Last scene was awesome...

...... the entire episode was a flashback.

You know what I mean don't you??? Admit it....

Well, there was a flashback within the flashback, if you don't remember properly. Remember when Obito was trying to kiss Rin's picture only to have Kakashi interfere?

link9us said:
Sung-Hwan said:
Anime is catching up the to the manga fairly fast.

The manga is around 50 chapters ahead, so yeah it was at around 80 chapters if i remember right. Also the next "big" battle is probably going to progress much faster then it did in the manga so yeah its getting their, but then again the current arc is looking its just bout over in the manga.

My favorite back story is till yet to come, i can't wait for it be animated.

I can't think of a way for the current arc to end in the manga any time soon, to be honest. As for the backstory, don't rile these people up. Let them take it as it comes.

The flash backs i was referring to, more like character focused back story is material that hasn't even been used even once in naruto so don't worry.

Haine15 said:
I'm speechless It was great episode :o , I feel sorry for Obito , That Blood Bath :|
White zetsu and his jokes XD
5/5 <3 , filler episode next -_-

I wouldn't really call it filler. Its manga material, don't mix people up lol. They might add some extended scenes though to flesh out this back story more witch is not a bad thing by any means.
ArtimesGamerJan 17, 2014 11:20 AM

Jan 17, 2014 11:20 AM
Feb 2013
@ Darkmorpher

I meant the ost from 06:45 till about 09:40
I can't find the name :/
RufeegeeJan 17, 2014 11:24 AM
Jan 17, 2014 11:23 AM

Nov 2012
Great episode nothing to be said here. But hen again does this proves the makers where slaking in the previous episode. If you can make this, how can you f*ck up in those other episodes? Also i need to apologize for all the bashing on the villains. This episode proved they really planed it out from the beginning, and is actually quite fitting also. It also kind of explained why Tobi was acting kind of a retard in the beginning when he was still known as Tobi ( not Madara or Obito) anyway nice non filler or flashback episode. See Naruto? you can do it.
Jan 17, 2014 11:31 AM

Dec 2012
^ you need to learn what padding means and the purpose of fillers and padding in long running anime adaptions.
Jan 17, 2014 12:16 PM
Feb 2013
DarkMorpher said:
Rufeegee said:
@ Darkmorpher

I meant the ost from 06:45 till about 09:40
I can't find the name :/

It's called "Samidare (Early Summer Rain".

Thanks a lot!
I didn't remember listening to this ost.
Jan 17, 2014 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
Minagatachi said:
ao_no_exo said:
So Obito's only reason for wanting Madara's plan active is to have Rin back in his dreams. But then why didn't he just use Pain to bring her back to life? Well whatever seems like we are sorry for Obito now... He was indeed a good guy at some point.
Where is Naruto? Also great episode 10/10. Loved the story.
It's a bit more than just simply bringing her back to life. He doesn't want a world where others have to go through those experiences. I guess there is a minor spoiler here, because it is said later on in chapters but it won't really ruin anything if you read it.
Yes it would all be fake, but is that really such a bad thing? I for one would welcome a world like Infinite Tsukyomi. We wouldn't know we're under it so we would never know we're living a fake life. Plus everyone we know would be there, we wouldn't know what death was, war, hunger, anything like that. A fake peace is still peace if people believe it.
Hmm I see, but in a way it's still fake. Then again games are kind of a fake reality so are movies and anime and so on (as long as you live yourself into it). Still even if you would accept it many wouldn't... And I doubt that I would accept it too.
Jan 17, 2014 12:40 PM

Apr 2013
AMAZING.

I really didn't feel like I was going to feel sorry for Obito but I feel so sorry for him now, I kind of like him. That animation was awesome, the bloodbath, seeing Kakashi and Obito after Rin's death - it was just great from beginning to end.

Now I finally understand why Tobi was the way he was, and, from what I saw in other forums, what the hell a "spiral Zetsu" is. I thought this episode was really cleverly done.

And to top it all off DAT ENDING. :'(

5/5

This is exactly why I watch Naruto Shippuden. :D
Jan 17, 2014 12:43 PM

Jan 2013
I just re-watched the episode. It's absolutely awesome :).
Jan 17, 2014 3:30 PM

Jun 2013
wow i really wasnt looking forward to seeing this part of the manga animated but i got to say this was one of my favorite episodes in a while. Obito went ham on those shinobi at the end.
Jan 17, 2014 3:54 PM

Nov 2012
tsudecimo said:
^ you need to learn what padding means and the purpose of fillers and padding in long running anime adaptions.
Course dude. Tardy's gonna tard.
Jan 17, 2014 4:09 PM

May 2010
WOW, the best Naruto episode in a REALLY long time, and probably one of the best in the entire series! Amazing direction, animation, beautiful music, perfect pacing, not much censorship...

I already know that I'll often come back to this one. Twenty times better than manga.

Nagato next week~ <3
Jan 17, 2014 7:03 PM

Dec 2012
This must be week of the battle shounen, first a top tier episode from HxH and now this.
Jan 17, 2014 10:44 PM
Sep 2013
Can someone please message me the music that was on this Episode at 17:49 and the music at 18:44 PLEASE!!!!
Jan 17, 2014 10:55 PM

Dec 2012
Not that MAL rankings matter but the score jumped after this episode.

johnyjohny said:
tsudecimo said:

I'm not defending the show. You are just not knowledgeable about anime adaptions. And since your English is pretty terrible it would be a pain in the ass to explain it to you. So my bad for even responding to you.
Jan 17, 2014 11:21 PM

Jul 2007
tsudecimo said:

johnyjohny said:
tsudecimo said:

I'm not defending the show. You are just not knowledgeable about anime adaptions. And since your English is pretty terrible it would be a pain in the ass to explain it to you. So my bad for even responding to you.

A little harsh don't you think? lol

Jan 17, 2014 11:39 PM

Nov 2012
tsudecimo said:

johnyjohny said:
tsudecimo said:

Sure dude sure, Anything to defend your bed lover Naruto-kun right? If it comes to discussing Naruto you are not even reasonable anymore. Fillers and overused flashback only purpose are filling the episode to stall catching up to the manga. I don't if know if you noticed but what suppose to be a 20 min episode last week turned into a 12 minutes recap episode. This can not even be denied. But then Tsudyboy was born. You even deny Naruto is bad if it was bottom rated.
Jan 17, 2014 11:42 PM

Dec 2012
Maybe but I think he rightfully deserve it. I mean he called me a tard when I didn't even defend the show.

Also I'm really glad that the previous episode was dragged out and padded. If it weren't for that we wouldn't have this smooth and greatly paced episode.
Jan 17, 2014 11:57 PM

Jul 2013
ao_no_exo said:
Minagatachi said:
ao_no_exo said:
So Obito's only reason for wanting Madara's plan active is to have Rin back in his dreams. But then why didn't he just use Pain to bring her back to life? Well whatever seems like we are sorry for Obito now... He was indeed a good guy at some point.
It's a bit more than just simply bringing her back to life. He doesn't want a world where others have to go through those experiences. I guess there is a minor spoiler here, because it is said later on in chapters but it won't really ruin anything if you read it.
Yes it would all be fake, but is that really such a bad thing? I for one would welcome a world like Infinite Tsukyomi. We wouldn't know we're under it so we would never know we're living a fake life. Plus everyone we know would be there, we wouldn't know what death was, war, hunger, anything like that. A fake peace is still peace if people believe it.
Hmm I see, but in a way it's still fake. Then again games are kind of a fake reality so are movies and anime and so on (as long as you live yourself into it). Still even if you would accept it many wouldn't... And I doubt that I would accept it too.
Who's to say we're not under an Infinite Tsukyomi? Of course it's ridiculous, but you can't say we're not in one for certain because if you were under it, you wouldn't know you were under it. The only downside to the Infinite Tsukyomi is that it is a fake world, but no one would know it's fake. It's like a "what people don't know won't hurt them" kind of thing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2014 12:32 AM

Jan 2013
Minagatachi said:
ao_no_exo said:
Minagatachi said:
ao_no_exo said:
Who's to say we're not under an Infinite Tsukyomi? Of course it's ridiculous, but you can't say we're not in one for certain because if you were under it, you wouldn't know you were under it. The only downside to the Infinite Tsukyomi is that it is a fake world, but no one would know it's fake. It's like a "what people don't know won't hurt them" kind of thing.
Trust me what is now reality is not possible for Tsukyomi. For me it would mean you don't exist and that the ones that are dead should be alive(well let's say the Tsukyomi that we are in tries to keep it real so "people" still die.) But then those are not people but just your imagination. Also it would mean that I am heck of a smart and artist guy to be able to imagine so many anime, tv shows, movies and so on. Because I doubt that the Tsukyomi still keeps people connected because as Obito said it will make every persons dream real. That means if 2 people love the same person both will end up with that person because they are not connected and it's only a dream.
Considering a genjutsu can be eternal even if it lasts for like 5 minutes. It's impossible for some to not ruin that dream in 1 week (I guess people would start dieing after 1 day to 1 month- considering how lively and different Naruto characters are). Obviously 1 week real time could be 1000 years in a genjutsu but still.
Jan 18, 2014 12:59 AM

Jul 2013
ao_no_exo said:
Minagatachi said:
ao_no_exo said:
Minagatachi said:
ao_no_exo said:
Trust me what is now reality is not possible for Tsukyomi. For me it would mean you don't exist and that the ones that are dead should be alive(well let's say the Tsukyomi that we are in tries to keep it real so "people" still die.) But then those are not people but just your imagination. Also it would mean that I am heck of a smart and artist guy to be able to imagine so many anime, tv shows, movies and so on. Because I doubt that the Tsukyomi still keeps people connected because as Obito said it will make every persons dream real. That means if 2 people love the same person both will end up with that person because they are not connected and it's only a dream.
Considering a genjutsu can be eternal even if it lasts for like 5 minutes. It's impossible for some to not ruin that dream in 1 week (I guess people would start dieing after 1 day to 1 month- considering how lively and different Naruto characters are). Obviously 1 week real time could be 1000 years in a genjutsu but still.
Infinite Tsukyomi creates the world in the way the caster sees fit. What if we only live for two years in the real world, but the person slowed down the flow of time in the Infinite Tsukyomi world so we live a lot longer? It doesn't necessarily mean I don't exist, because everyone in the world would have been chucked into the dream. The Infinite Tsukyomi is the ideal world of the one person who cast it, maybe the person who created the Infinite Tsukyomi we're in right now deemed that death was something he wanted in his world.

I know this sounds ridiculous, but I'm just trying to get across the point that the only downside to Infinite Tsukyomi, the fact that it is fake, wouldn't even be considered a downside by those within the Infinite Tsukyomi.

I'm finding this really interesting.
MinagatachiJan 18, 2014 1:04 AM
Jan 18, 2014 1:06 AM

Jan 2013
That was really good and dark. That ending felt like Berserk for a second. "I'm.... In hell."
Jan 18, 2014 1:23 AM

May 2012
Awesome episode! Obito on berserk mode. And the animation did not fail at all. Clap clap for it. Was surprised though that Kakashi was the one who killed Rin. At 1st I though it was just an illusion inserted by Madara to Obito's mind.
Jan 18, 2014 2:57 AM

Jan 2014
So badass :O From what I can remember, this is probably the most insane killing spree I've ever seen on Naruto... I had to replay it twice because I could hardly believe it (well I could because I already read the manga...) but anyways, this episode was really well done!
Jan 18, 2014 5:02 AM
Sep 2013
Anyone have a list of the music that was in this episode from 17:49 and 18:44 i really want to know what they where Please!
Jan 18, 2014 5:48 AM

Jan 2014
it was soo cute the way the white zetsu's trained him.
>SakuraLove<
Jan 18, 2014 7:09 AM

Sep 2012
Wow, this episode was just EPiC!
I love this series!
Jan 18, 2014 9:19 AM

Apr 2013
Varadahl said:
Anyone have a list of the music that was in this episode from 17:49 and 18:44 i really want to know what they where Please!

The OST from 17:49 is called "Akatsuki". Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxht9n5y0eQ
Jan 18, 2014 10:21 AM
Jan 2014
this episode was one of the best episodes of naruto...the shit which obito suffered from was extreme...no wonder he turned out like this
Jan 18, 2014 10:29 PM
Sep 2013
Thanks alot lafan xD
Jan 18, 2014 10:34 PM

Feb 2013
o.O as someone who doesn't read the manga... did NOT see this coming... at all :O Probs the best episode in a long time. I wonder why kakashi killed Rin :( And the BLOOD!!
Jan 19, 2014 1:25 PM
Jan 2014
Anyone knows the name of the OST wich begins at 14 :50 ?
Jan 19, 2014 2:09 PM

Jul 2013
Sin_y said:
Akatsuki theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux0Qnn2XEgM
Jan 19, 2014 2:55 PM
Jan 2014
Minagatachi said:
Sin_y said:
Akatsuki theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux0Qnn2XEgM

Thank you but actually i was thinking about the one 3 minutes before the Akatsuki theme, when Obito is talking to Zetsu
Jan 19, 2014 6:38 PM

Jan 2012
Very dark. I liked it. Definitely sympathized with Obito. Also Kakashi. He obviously didn't want to do what he did. That look in Kakashi's eyes as Rin slumped into him was probably more heart wrenching than Obito's rampage. Great episode.
Jan 20, 2014 2:02 AM

Jan 2013
Minagatachi said:
We can't live for 2 years in the real world as we would die of hunger, but then again that is if only the rules we think of in this world are the same to the "other real world". Also it would mean that what Buddhism preaches that we reborn after death would "real" as the rules of this world are that we die within 110years (maybe some exceptions even to this high number). Just think about it, the "soul" is the real us and our body is us now in this Tsukyomi. Thus we never die nor reproduce in the "soul world" meaning we always just reborn and reborn in this place. xD Anyways still impossible here :P, Infinite Tsukyomi is just part of the story in an anime :P.
Jan 20, 2014 2:07 AM

Apr 2013
velkro16 said:
Very dark. I liked it. Definitely sympathized with Obito. Also Kakashi. He obviously didn't want to do what he did. That look in Kakashi's eyes as Rin slumped into him was probably more heart wrenching than Obito's rampage. Great episode.

How do you know it wasn't all an act? He may have been laughing under his mask and his tear was the result of being overjoyed.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jan 21, 2014 12:49 AM

Oct 2009
Wow man, probably the best episode of Shippuden! Holy shit even though I was spoiled about Kakashi killing Rin cos of fucking spoilers everywhere :'''((! That was intense, you really feel for Obito :<<
These are the kind of episodes that still make Naruto worth watching.
AozureJan 21, 2014 12:54 AM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Yesterday, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 485 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2016

50 by Vysarine »»
Apr 20, 11:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.