Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 16, 2009 8:31 AM

Feb 2008
nyamo said:
wtf was that? touya crying in the car. i'll cry in a car too if it gets me raped by yayoi
lol and qft.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that laughed at Touya crying, maybe it means I'm not some inhuman monster. Then right after that I was aroused by Yayoi's fantastic tongue action. The funny thing is, up until that point I thought White Album was pretty realistic again. Now I'm totally set on watching it for the laughs and erotic sidedishes it provides. Season 2, come to me!
Mar 16, 2009 1:08 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Nice episode. But Touya needs to shut up about Yuki if he can't pull himself away from the manager, which still rocks.

Haruka was awesome too.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 16, 2009 1:08 PM

Sep 2008
Takai said:
LMAO i totally cracked up when Touya started crying. That weakling is just pissing me off so much XD And being like raped by Yayoi while at it? How much more pathetic can you get? Ahahah man where did that "anime so bad that it's good" thread go, i must mention White Album.

Hahaha, oh gosh I know xD Didn't expect him to cry like that about Yuki, but then to allow himself to get "raped" by Yayoi immediately afterward just kind of ruins the impact of why he was crying in the first place <_< Yeah, Touya is definitely starting to piss me off too xD

Mar 16, 2009 1:19 PM

Feb 2008
Goddamn Touya... Argh... decide, man!

Liked this pic.
Mar 16, 2009 2:41 PM

Mar 2008
I liked the episode. Wasn't boring at all, but very interesting. I really like the overall feeling and style of this show. (last person to hold a flag with "White Album" up? - oh wait cyruz is with me, too) xD

Most characters have shades of grey and everyone is cooking his own soup. Moreover about all the Touya hate: He is pretty pathetic in several ways, but he has his good points, too. The crying was a plus in my eyes. It shows men in a light that's rarely touched in anime. I can kind of understand his feelings, too, though it's his own fault. But getting comforted with sex by cheating on his girlfriend. That's really despicable.
Yayoi got lot's of plus points, too this episode. I somehow begin to like her (and not because of her constant seducing scenes).
The funny thing is: Yuki is pretty much the most innocent and "good" character in this show (aside from the little girl), but I don't really like her. She is kind of boring and getting a bit on my nerves - at least more than Touya.

The constant breaks in the insert song were nice and original, too. I also liked the conversation between Yayoi and Rina. Both are not exactly innocent. I am fond of those semi-good/bad characters. Rina's face at the end of the episode was priceless. Same to the picture posted by De-JaY. Yuki's dream was pretty neat, too.

Waiting for the 2nd season will be really hard.
Mar 16, 2009 2:59 PM

Aug 2008
Back to the lameness...until Touya cried. Why? Why?

This show gave me Toradora thoughts in this episode. No. Not those "This is so good!" thoughts. The "These people aren't nearly as good of friends as they all think they are" thoughts. No one, and I mean no one treats anyone else with a humane level of courtesy or respect on this show. Everyone is someone else's pawn to be used at the right moment to get what they want.

What's worse is the show could have been much better if they all realized that instead of constantly playing the "pity me" card.

Also, forever, what are you talking about when you say a side of men that aren't shown in anime? Undeveloped? Puppets? Because I think there are a lot of characters like Touya...Takumi from Chaos;Head is one right off the top of my head.
Mar 16, 2009 3:04 PM

Mar 2008
Mou ichido
Mou ichido
Mou ichido
Mou ichido

LOL, liked that song!

Zashiki Warashi - a nice nick by the way.. I'm thinking about picking it up ^^

as for the rest, this episode didn't bring any mind crackling like some of the previous eps did. So I was a little dissatisfied with the lack of my weekly portion of brainache.. but I like the idea of 3 goddesses having a resolution (Misaki, Haruka and Mizuki). And we're left with the most interesting characters - Yayoi, Rina, and Yuki.
Mar 16, 2009 3:04 PM
Dec 2007
The scene in the car with Touya and Yayoi was one of the strangest thing I've seen lately. He's speaking calmly and two seconds later he's crying like a wimp and saying weird stuff to a woman that basically is the main obstacle to his relation with Yuki. Well, I don't understand this character either way, he has Rina, the hottest, smartest and funniest idol falling for him and he's still indecisive about it, not speaking about his goddess Yuki (that I find annoying as Hell, but well...) and all the girls in the anime basically, including a scaryly hot manager. Honestly, he's at least as wicked as Makoto, and I really hope he dies in abominable pain in the second season, just after Yayoi is stabbed by the crazy manager (Go go go, crazy manager, don't dissapoint me !) ;)

Still, I'm somewhat with you Forever and cyruz, this show has such a good atmosphere and such a nice direction sometimes (for example the first 10 minutes of this episode, then it becomes average again) that I'm kinda enjoying it, even though the characters are just extremely strange and the script is so unpredictable, not necessarily in the good sense of the term. Well, let's say I'm intrigued by this show, it's not the best of the season but I like watching it.
JacutMar 16, 2009 3:09 PM

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 16, 2009 5:25 PM

Mar 2008
noteDhero said:
Also, forever, what are you talking about when you say a side of men that aren't shown in anime? Undeveloped? Puppets? Because I think there are a lot of characters like Touya...Takumi from Chaos;Head is one right off the top of my head.
Well, I don't think he is like Takumi at all. Touya is still rather serious and sane. It's just that his emotions seem rather unstable sometimes, because he don't really get his girlfriend anymore (from his point of view). That's what I meant: He is not always that way contrary to the emotional guys you likely meant. Ahh, I am not really sure how to phrase what I mean into words.

Jacut said:
He's speaking calmly and two seconds later he's crying like a wimp and saying weird stuff to a woman that basically is the main obstacle to his relation with Yuki.[...]
He was talking about everything that was on his mind, while dodging the thing that really bothered him the most. Mangager-san realized this and asked him, which lead to a sudden breakdown of his over a long time accumulated feelings about his strange and unsatisfying relationship with Yuki. That's how I interpreted it.
It seems to me lately that Yayoi uses Touya to let out her stress due to the stalker and he uses her to let out his problems. It's always good for people to talk about their problems to s.b. Though Yayoi seems to be a pretty dangerous person for that purpose. ^^
Mar 16, 2009 5:34 PM

May 2008
wha the heck was that lol oh well not like that wasnt expected

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 16, 2009 6:15 PM

Aug 2007
nyamo said:
wtf was that? touya crying in the car. i'll cry in a car too if it gets me raped by yayoi

LMFAO

Dude crying in the car made me laugh so hard. Dude's so embarrasing. This episode was so boring until Touya started to cry. Rina's face at the end was funny as hell. Also I like that pic that De-JaY put up too.
Mar 16, 2009 6:23 PM

Jul 2008
so haruka and mana hang out together and have the wrong idea about the other relationship with touya. meanwhile rina is acting weird, yuki is becoming lonely, and yayoi is taking advantage of the situation to run a few bases with touya and is meeting him later; she just wants to take him for herself
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 16, 2009 7:04 PM

Oct 2008
Yayoi-san is the man of the relationship!!! lol
Indeed, Rina's face in the end was simply priceless!!!
Mar 16, 2009 7:23 PM

Jun 2007
I don't understand what was so funny about Touya braking down and crying. Imagen if you where in his shoes for a second. Everyone is playing games with him and he's obviously not as strong as his image makes it out to look, his brake down and crying shows that. He seriously loves Yuki but has no idea what she's feeling for him right now and no one's attempting to help. Rina had a number of times to tell him about the note but she didn't. Yayoi back stabbed Yuki about giving the note to Touya and now it's going to make it look like Touya purposely ignored the note to come see her concert.

Sure he's partially at fault for not being home and answering the phone or talking to her when he had the chance but Yuki too is at fault for not even attempting to initiate a conversation with him when she has the chance or even slipping a note in his hand. She also avoids any opportunity's she has to talk to him on the phone which is horrible as well. Both are your typical stupid teenagers.

So basically he's staying away from her because everyone told him at the start that it would mess up her chances of being an idol. She's avoiding him because she has no idea what his feelings are right now. Yayoi is using Touya for her own purpose and Rina is standing idly by watching as everything around her falls apart lol. Wow the ending is sure going to be one big drama fest.

I like the show but I hate the "fans" for it lol. So far the series has been decent but all I hear is bitch bitch bitch on the forums about how bad it's been :P. Suck it up guys and stop complaining. If it's so bad then drop it and move on with your lives.

Updated relationship chart. If you see any problems or have any suggestions pm or post a message. PS. I'm leaving the Touya being jealous of his friend because in this episode he makes a comment about how his friends new romance is being flaunted all in his face (sign of jealousy).

Mar 16, 2009 7:49 PM
Apr 2008
this show is just getting better and better , i love the ways its just twisting and bending so realistically =D
its so not meant to be there to make you go ohhh wow omg omg omg but i like it becuase its just like a drop of reality rather than youre typical anime .
10/10 episode cus of teh kiss
Mar 16, 2009 8:07 PM

Aug 2008
But Deathfire, if he were anywhere near as proactive in his relationship with Yuki as he is with Misaki, Rina, or Haruta, this would be a totally different show.

The fact is, Touya and Yuki should have never been together in the first place. To say that he "loves" Yuki is going much too far in my book. I see no semblance of love from either of them. This is basically the equivalent of a first date with a crush. They both have these idealized versions of each other in their head. Didn't Touya say he only saw Yuki once in the previous year? I'm sorry, this is no relationship.

Couple of other things. If everyone else is like me (and I know that's faulty logic from the get go) then people stuck with this show because of the different, albeit Shaft-divergent style of presentation and the overall atmosphere of the show. It gets many points presentation wise for doing something different, and after the pay off of episode 10, many people are waiting for something big in these last few episodes.
Mar 16, 2009 8:08 PM

Aug 2008
The chart is getting filled up.

Anyway, I don't deny that I am one of those people who likes to rant about the show. However, I never drop any shows at all no matter how boring it will be. First of all, I still got a couple of reasons of why I'm watching it until now. It's not about how the story goes. It's not about the characters. I'm just curious on how the main lead character will survive the upcoming carnage. You can say that it's one way of providing me entertainment.

When season two comes, I might pick it up just for fun. I always finish what I started. Anyway, there are other worst shows out there that deserves a beating as compared to this one.

Mar 16, 2009 9:17 PM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:
I like the show but I hate the "fans" for it lol. So far the series has been decent but all I hear is bitch bitch bitch on the forums about how bad it's been :P. Suck it up guys and stop complaining. If it's so bad then drop it and move on with your lives.
LOL Why did you even care about those "fans"? I am sure not everyone is here talking shit about this show, there are people that still like this show just like you did. Not all of my fav shows are in top 100 MAL, and I don't even care how bad they talk about it. As for me I wouldn't call White Album is a shitty series and I still enjoy watching this show.

As for Touya, I don't deny that he love Yuki, and I don't deny that he still love her, and I don't deny if you describe him as a clueless guy. But how do you explain me why did he want to be raped by Yayoi again and again? If he dare enough to shut up Misaki with his mouth, why can't he do something about Yuki for himself rather than just "let the world decide it for us" ?
SivaMar 17, 2009 12:57 AM

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 16, 2009 9:31 PM
Apr 2008
why is everyone putting the blame on touya XD yeah hes not doing all he could but neither is yuki come just becase SHE is pursuing her dreams doesnt mean he should wag his tail for her , but seeing as how this episode went i made something just for fun so here ya go guys . to touya and his crying

http://i42.tinypic.com/apb575.jpg
Mar 16, 2009 10:02 PM

May 2008
Touya crying was just so awful, seriously if he actually loves Yuki you would think he could pull himself away from Yayoi... although I can see the tempation for sure.
Mar 17, 2009 12:29 AM

Mar 2008
DeathfireD said:
I don't understand what was so funny about Touya breaking down and crying. Imagen if you where in his shoes for a second. Everyone is playing games with him and he's obviously not as strong as his image makes it out to look, his brake down and crying shows that. He seriously loves Yuki but has no idea what she's feeling for him right now and no one's attempting to help. Rina had a number of times to tell him about the note but she didn't. Yayoi back stabbed Yuki about giving the note to Touya and now it's going to make it look like Touya purposely ignored the note to come see her concert.
Good post! Though I kind of have to agree with what noteDhero said, too: When you only saw her once during the last year it's really hard to take this as a serious relationship.

Hehe. Well, hating the "fans" goes a bit too far, since you can't really argue about personal tastes. xD Moreover we live in a society where a man crying is a sign of weakness and young male teens think that it is a very shameful & embarrassing thing. So I kind of understand the chorus here, though of course that's gaga. A real man cries when it's time for him to cry! :P

9th-eden said:
[...]seriously if he actually loves Yuki you would think he could pull himself away from Yayoi... although I can see the tempation for sure.
Yeah, I agree on that.

I also think the term "raped by yayoi" is not really appropriate. Of course I know it sounds funny and all, but he is only getting constantly seduced by her until he was too weak to resist any more one day (though I couldn't understand in the first place why he would still let her drive him home when she was doing all those despicable things like bribing him). Now they have a common sex relationship (with motivation on both sides) , though I'm still not sure what I should think about Yayoi and her moves. It's actually really exciting to see how this will turn out.
If you insist we can call Touya her love slave! :P

I think Touya should dump Yuki, marry Rina or Yayoi with his father adopting Haruka as his daughter. Then she has her oni-chan. Satisfying end. ^^

Actually I really can't see any of these school day vibes everyone is talking about. I don't think some murder-drama will occur, because that doesn't really go along well with the style of the show. That said, I wouldn't have believed it in School days, neither! ^^" So I might be wrong here, too.
Mar 17, 2009 2:53 AM

Aug 2008
DeathfireD said:
I don't understand what was so funny about Touya braking down and crying. Imagen if you where in his shoes for a second. Everyone is playing games with him and he's obviously not as strong as his image makes it out to look, his brake down and crying shows that. He seriously loves Yuki but has no idea what she's feeling for him right now and no one's attempting to help. Rina had a number of times to tell him about the note but she didn't. Yayoi back stabbed Yuki about giving the note to Touya and now it's going to make it look like Touya purposely ignored the note to come see her concert.
Well first of all he never had an image that he's strong. Maybe in the eyes of some pitiful characters, but not towards the viewers. Everyone is playing games with him, because he can be manipulated. He wants to be manipulated. He makes stupid things and stupid decisions that he himself knows he shouldn't do just to "make everyone happy".

Plus, I have to agree with noteDhero. He didn't put any effort in his relationship with Yuki. Not as near as with Misaki, Rina or even Haruta.
Their "serious love" is nothing but those teenage romances. They sometimes talk on the phone about the weather, and met Once last year. You have a similar kind of relationship with Santa Claus. And you can go and tell me that he didn't do anything on purpose to help Yuki's career but the results are the same.

Back to the crying thing. The fact that he cried wasn't funny and ridiculous because "a man crying is a sign of weakness" or it is shameful and embarrassing. I wouldn't expect more from a wuss like him. What was funny is the terrible execution. One moment you chit-chat, then someone asks you a question about something that's troubling you, and boom, next second you cry a river. Come on now! Nobody acts like that. If he'd slowly started crying by the end of his sentence about how he doesn't understands Yuki (why would you dumbass, you haven't talked.. in a month? 2?), I'd say ok. But all you who says omg this show is so realistic. Come on now.. Last time I checked RL it wasn't even close.
The other thing that made the crying scene funny was his hypocrisy. He cries about Yuki in front of the woman he cheats on Yuki with (i'm not sure this sentence is correct). Then he cheats on Yuki, or let himself get seduced, or get's raped. Whatever version you prefer. I mean get a f*kin' backbone already.

Siva said:
DeathfireD said:
LOL Why did you even care about those "fans"? I am sure not everyone is here talking shit about this show, there are people that still like this show just like you did. Not all of my fav shows are in top 100 MAL, and I don't even care how bad they talk about it. As for me I wouldn't call White Album is a shitty series and I still enjoy watching this show.
For starters, there is a small but important difference between bitch and flame. Second, I am a big fan of crappy shows. But this is just terrible. The characters..oh the characters.. each and every one of them is the most annoying walking-talking piece of 2D animation I have ever seen.
Why I didn't drop this? Because I have a genetic disorder that prevents me from dropping shows. Plus I long to see a massacre.

Forever said:
Actually I really can't see any of these school day vibes everyone is talking about. I don't think some murder-drama will occur, because that doesn't really go along well with the style of the show.
Yes, I actually fear the same.
Mar 17, 2009 3:25 AM
Apr 2008
Well this sseason wont end like School days why ???
second season Airing this fall thats why =D

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-03-06/white-album-tv-anime-second-half-to-air-in-fall
Mar 17, 2009 3:34 AM

Oct 2007
What I found a little disturbing was Yayoi licking up his tears. She's pretty disturbed but I guess that's what makes her so damn hot ^_^

I do notice that as the show goes on I care less and less for Touya or Yuki and more for Rina or Haruka. The way Akira acts towards Touya pisses me of tho...

nyamo said:

QFT

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Mar 17, 2009 7:34 AM

Mar 2008
Kvakond said:
What was funny is the terrible execution. One moment you chit-chat, then someone asks you a question about something that's troubling you, and boom, next second you cry a river. Come on now! Nobody acts like that. If he'd slowly started crying by the end of his sentence about how he doesn't understands Yuki (why would you dumbass, you haven't talked.. in a month? 2?), I'd say ok. But all you who says omg this show is so realistic. Come on now.. Last time I checked RL it wasn't even close.
Well, I rewatched the scene again and it might be a bit too sudden but on the other hand it's a sudden breakout that can happen in RL too. Is it really that unrealistic? I'm not really sure.
But I agree that this show is not really the most realistic show overall. For me it's somewhere around 7.5 right now.

Kvakond said:
The other thing that made the crying scene funny was his hypocrisy. He cries about Yuki in front of the woman he cheats on Yuki with (i'm not sure this sentence is correct). Then he cheats on Yuki, or let himself get seduced, or get's raped. Whatever version you prefer. I mean get a f*kin' backbone already.
I totally agree.

Kvakond said:
Second, I am a big fan of crappy shows. But this is just terrible. The characters..oh the characters.. each and every one of them is the most annoying walking-talking piece of 2D animation I have ever seen.
I don't really see how it is THAT bad? Have you watched Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka? Compared to it this is a perfect masterpiece.
Mar 17, 2009 8:42 AM

Aug 2008
Forever said:
Well, I rewatched the scene again and it might be a bit too sudden but on the other hand it's a sudden breakout that can happen in RL too. Is it really that unrealistic? I'm not really sure.
Sudden breakout in itself isn't, however you have to admit that scene was a bit out of place and I see no artistic reason to do it in such a way. And there wasn't anything foreshadowing that moment other than the thing that he dreams of his naked self.

Forever said:
For me it's somewhere around 7.5 right now.
As in 7.5/10? I'm only at level 4 :(

Forever said:
I don't really see how it is THAT bad? Have you watched Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka? Compared to it this is a perfect masterpiece.
I did, and I really loved the first episode. I don't want to talk about the other 11 though. However I saw the kind of (unused) potential in AkaSaka that I have yet to see in White Album. The hairstyles were silly though :D
KvakondMar 17, 2009 8:47 AM
Mar 17, 2009 8:59 AM

Aug 2008
You know, if no one dies, I'm not sure if I'm going to watch the second season or not. I still feel really strongly about someone dying, but if I don't at least see someone seriously injured, I don't know that I could sit through season two, even if my neurosis of having to finish something I start gets in the way.
Mar 17, 2009 12:01 PM

Nov 2007
Rwave said:
At this rate I see a School Days ending for Touya on the way XD

what a dunce.

there is still a whole second season.
Mar 17, 2009 5:00 PM

Jun 2007
Kvakond said:
DeathfireD said:
Well first of all he never had an image that he's strong. Maybe in the eyes of some pitiful characters, but not towards the viewers. Everyone is playing games with him, because he can be manipulated. He wants to be manipulated. He makes stupid things and stupid decisions that he himself knows he shouldn't do just to "make everyone happy".

Plus, I have to agree with noteDhero. He didn't put any effort in his relationship with Yuki. Not as near as with Misaki, Rina or even Haruta.
Their "serious love" is nothing but those teenage romances. They sometimes talk on the phone about the weather, and met Once last year. You have a similar kind of relationship with Santa Claus. And you can go and tell me that he didn't do anything on purpose to help Yuki's career but the results are the same.

Back to the crying thing. The fact that he cried wasn't funny and ridiculous because "a man crying is a sign of weakness" or it is shameful and embarrassing. I wouldn't expect more from a wuss like him. What was funny is the terrible execution. One moment you chit-chat, then someone asks you a question about something that's troubling you, and boom, next second you cry a river. Come on now! Nobody acts like that. If he'd slowly started crying by the end of his sentence about how he doesn't understands Yuki (why would you dumbass, you haven't talked.. in a month? 2?), I'd say ok. But all you who says omg this show is so realistic. Come on now.. Last time I checked RL it wasn't even close.

Siva said:
DeathfireD said:
For starters, there is a small but important difference between bitch and flame. Second, I am a big fan of crappy shows. But this is just terrible. The characters..oh the characters.. each and every one of them is the most annoying walking-talking piece of 2D animation I have ever seen.
Why I didn't drop this? Because I have a genetic disorder that prevents me from dropping shows. Plus I long to see a massacre.

Forever said:
Actually I really can't see any of these school day vibes everyone is talking about. I don't think some murder-drama will occur, because that doesn't really go along well with the style of the show.
Yes, I actually fear the same.

Except his character is portrayed as a strong individual from the start of the series up until now. Everyone in the show sees him as such because each has their own personal issues and the shows been pushing on these issues throughout the whole series (ie. Rina's past, Haruka's brother dieing, Misaki's drama, mana's antisocial behavior), but in actuality he's no different from anyone else. His issues are starting to show up one after another (family problems, failure to just say no to anyone, taking on to much at one time).

@noteDhero - but the problem is he's not proactive at all nor is Yuki. He's passive, take a look at what he's done so far. Anytime anyone needs help with something or shows interest in him he just accepts it and goes with the flow. If Yuki doesn't confront him then nothing will happen. On the flip side if he doesn't pick up the phone she wont talk to him in person lol. She's had countless time's where she saw him in person but did absolutely nothing to confirm his feelings for her or find out why he's been avoiding her. It's not all the guys fault! She's clearly made from the same mold and it's no wonder that they hooked up in the first place. Now the problem is she finally did something proactive and wrote him a note conveying some for of affection and expected him to get it. If he doesn't show up to her show this is when things are gonna go downhill.

As for him loving her, I think that when he broke down crying in the car asking what Yuki's true feelings where it showed how much he cares about her. Any man that cries over a girl undoubtedly has some form of love for her especially since he's crying for her and not anyone else. As for making him look weak....well it only shows that he cares for her that much more don't you think?

In the end both Yuki and Touya are the problem. It only takes one of them to confront the other and explain what their feeling. If neither does that then it's going to result in a huge cluster fuck. It's already starting to show now that Rina knows somethings up and Yuki think's Touya got the note.

As for school days....this show isn't that type of series lol.
Mar 17, 2009 6:31 PM

Feb 2008
Touya..become a f...in' man already. This show is a bit pathetic if you ask me.I'll probably watch it till the end to put myself out of my misery.
Mar 17, 2009 6:36 PM
Aug 2007
Dear Touya:

Fucking break up with Yuki already. It's not going to work. Argh.

Stick with Rina or Haruka, plz.
Mar 18, 2009 1:37 AM
Jul 2018
Mar 18, 2009 2:36 AM

Aug 2008
DeathfireD said:
Except his character is portrayed as a strong individual from the start of the series up until now. Everyone in the show sees him as such because each has their own personal issues and the shows been pushing on these issues throughout the whole series (ie. Rina's past, Haruka's brother dieing, Misaki's drama, mana's antisocial behavior), but in actuality he's no different from anyone else. His issues are starting to show up one after another (family problems, failure to just say no to anyone, taking on to much at one time).
Once again, I have to disagree with you. The fact that everyone around you is pushing their issues on you and see you either as an active (misaki) or passive (haruka) solution to them doesn't necessarily make you strong. It only makes them weaker than you as they are unable to solve their problems on their own. You don't see Rina bitch and cry to Touya for some reason. She and probably Yayoi still have some strong attitude but the lesser is a bit on the shaky ground.
On the other side of the street, Touya's issues aren't starting to show, they were there right from the start. The way he handles them is what makes him weak and pitiful.

DeathfireD said:
As for him loving her, I think that when he broke down crying in the car asking what Yuki's true feelings where it showed how much he cares about her. Any man that cries over a girl undoubtedly has some form of love for her especially since he's crying for her and not anyone else. As for making him look weak....well it only shows that he cares for her that much more don't you think?
Not necessarily. It still can be an attachment to his big teenage relationship instead of actual love. At their age with his level of maturity it's quite possible he would cry about it just the same way. However from what I've seen so far I'd say he might as well cried because he was sorry for himself instead crying over the fact that he doesn't understand Yuki's feelings. If he cares so much about her why he cheats on her (or why he cries about all this to the other woman he's sleeping with)? He's channeling his emotions towards the wrong person? That still doesn't solve the issue with his lack of a backbone. And with that we're back to the point where he is weak and pitiful.

DeathfireD said:
In the end both Yuki and Touya are the problem. It only takes one of them to confront the other and explain what their feeling. If neither does that then it's going to result in a huge cluster fuck. It's already starting to show now that Rina knows somethings up and Yuki think's Touya got the note.
I actually agree with this ^^
Mar 18, 2009 6:04 AM

Oct 2007
the_seventh_l said:
Dear Touya:

Fucking break up with Yuki already. It's not going to work. Argh.

Stick with Rina or Haruka, plz.

Couldn't agree more with you here. All this messing around and cheating on her will only make it worse. And tbh, I don't think Yuki is good for him. He needs a strong female to keep him in check.

Chiperdada said:

RAWR

Why are the sick ones always so hot...? >_<

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Mar 18, 2009 9:31 AM

Aug 2008
DeathfireD said:

@noteDhero - but the problem is he's not roactive at all nor is Yuki. He's passive, take a look at what he's done so far. Anytime anyone needs help with something or shows interest in him he just accepts it and goes with the flow. If Yuki doesn't confront him then nothing will happen. On the flip side if he doesn't pick up the phone she wont talk to him in person lol. She's had countless time's where she saw him in person but did absolutely nothing to confirm his feelings for her or find out why he's been avoiding her. It's not all the guys fault! She's clearly made from the same mold and it's no wonder that they hooked up in the first place. Now the problem is she finally did something proactive and wrote him a note conveying some for of affection and expected him to get it. If he doesn't show up to her show this is when things are gonna go downhill.

He is presented as a strong character, but he is portrayed and characterized as quite the opposite. The reason why I don't have as big of a problem with Yuki is because we are constantly subjected to her thoughs and then her actions being the complete opposite of them. For all I know, Yuuki is fine with the relationship how it is. It's a matter of insight. But you are right in that she shares the blame. I just think that if Touya is going to complain so much, he needs to do something about it and not cheat on his girlfriend.

This is playing out much more as a teenage infatuation than it is love. They really are tossing around that word much too much for my comfort. I agree with Kvakond in that Touya is crying more out of self-pity and frustration than he is crying for Yuuki, so that when Yayoi comes on with these advancements, since his view of himself seems to be so low (most likely becasue of the way his father treats him) he give in to the first person who pays attention to at least his sexual desire.
Mar 18, 2009 4:07 PM

Feb 2009
I'm just putting this out there....is it that bad to get r*ped by Yayoi?
Mar 18, 2009 4:30 PM
Aug 2007
thewandere said:
I'm just putting this out there....is it that bad to get r*ped by Yayoi?

As far as I see it, it is bad to be raped, period. Doesn't matter who is doing it.
Mar 18, 2009 10:29 PM
Jan 2008
why does yuki wants to be an idol in the first place? I have to agree that their relationship is not even close. if touya can ignore yuki for so long that shows something. if yuki really does loves him. why would she let being an idol get in between them. all touya needs to do is tell yuki to choose him or being an idol. then the yaoi fans can be happy :)
Mar 19, 2009 8:14 AM

Mar 2008
noteDhero said:

since his view of himself seems to be so low (most likely becasue of the way his father treats him) he give in to the first person who pays attention to at least his sexual desire.

hmm.. and something vice-versa has always been on my mind - I think the way Touya's father treats him is because Touya is so low.
That is, I think Touya didn't reach his dad's expectations. Do you remeber the conversation between Touya and Zashiki Warashi (gosh, I adore this name ^^) when he came as her tutor for the first time? He tried to explain her why it's important to be good at studying. He used hiw own life as an example. And what she replied was something like: "I don't need to do anything to enter the university you're studying in, cos it's very low-class and no exams are required." or something like that, I don't remember the exact wording.
So to my mind, it was Touya's mum who made that big impact on Touya. Or to be more precise, her death made Touya so aloof to his own life. I think his dad is upset and angry because his only son failed as a Man, failed to enter a university, failed to become self-reliable and self-dependant person.
Mar 19, 2009 9:05 AM

Aug 2008
Could be true, but I think you're digging deep if you think that he wasn't like this previous to his mother's death, since we have no way of knowing. If were talking pre-Touya's mom kicking the bucket, then I feel like he was always like this, and his mother probably coddled and spoiled him with affection and attention to the point that he really never learned to be self reliant, and always seeking the affection of women.
Mar 19, 2009 10:54 PM

May 2008
Just got a chance to catch the episode -- great one! It really put the way the characters have been acting in the last few episodes into perspective. In particular, Rina's interest in Touya, even though she doesn't seem to realize it herself, is a lot clearer. And, to top it off, her face at the end was simply priceless!

I'm enjoying this show more and more as it goes along.

DeathfireD said:
I don't understand what was so funny about Touya braking down and crying.

Agreed -- though I understand why the seeming unexpectedness of it could create that response, depending on opinion of the show and possibly level of maturity.

Shin-kun said:
this show is just getting better and better , i love the ways its just twisting and bending so realistically =Ds

Doubly agreed.

DeathfireD said:

I think it's very interesting to read that so many people don't seem to be enjoying it. At the same time, I've also noticed a lot of people seem to be having a hard time following the subtleties of what the characters are doing and going through, asking for explanation, blatantly misunderstanding things, etc. Now, I haven't been keeping track, so I don't know if these two groups match up, but I can certainly say that I'm enjoying it and feeling like I'm watching it on a closer level than others seem to imply they are. Maybe there's a correlation there?

(Which is not to say that you can't watch it on a close level and not like it.)

Forever said:
Moreover we live in a society where a man crying is a sign of weakness and young male teens think that it is a very shameful & embarrassing thing.

Excellent point. Triply agreed.

Forever said:
I also think the term "raped by yayoi" is not really appropriate. Of course I know it sounds funny and all, but he is only getting constantly seduced by her until he was too weak to resist any more one day (though I couldn't understand in the first place why he would still let her drive him home when she was doing all those despicable things like bribing him). Now they have a common sex relationship (with motivation on both sides) , though I'm still not sure what I should think about Yayoi and her moves. It's actually really exciting to see how this will turn out.
If you insist we can call Touya her love slave! :P

I think this is a good assessment of the situation, though personally I had been assuming at least a third base sexual relationship in the earlier encounters -- I mean they are both adults and this is the 80's. That may or may not concur with what you're saying though. In any case, based on this, I definitely wouldn't characterize this as rape.
chicanerousMar 19, 2009 11:33 PM
Mar 20, 2009 5:25 PM
Jul 2018
has anyone stated yet if they are having sex or not? I'm curious how far these two are taking it.
Mar 20, 2009 8:26 PM

Oct 2007
Well, in a drama scene if something like that happened it should be assume as having sex. I don't think they actually need to show what exactly happened there for us to understand that they are having sex.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 21, 2009 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
i dun need to see anything, but if they talked about it then it would be easier to understand. Everytime i see them they seem to be fully clothed and in the car(which is very uncomfortable)

EDIT: got my answer in episode 12.
removed-userMar 21, 2009 4:59 PM
Mar 21, 2009 9:11 PM

Jul 2008
Finally got around to watching this. Was an alright episode, Touya crying was a little unexpected though. I liked Haruka and Mana's scene (you could really hear the !Nagi in her voice).
Mar 22, 2009 8:54 PM

Jun 2007
Crying itself isn't pathetic, and I can understand why Touya was crying, but he did sound kind of funny when he was crying. I don't know why, it might be because I know someone who kind of cries and yet tries to talk at the same time like Touya did. Some people seem to take issue with the unexpected nature of the tears, but I thought it was quite well done. He was talking about all that other nonsense (regarding Haruka, the little girl, his Senpai, etc) because he was trying to forget about Yuki, and then when Yayoi asked him about her, he couldn't ignore it any more. That's why he started crying at that moment.

Despite some obvious flaws, I'm still enjoying this show to some degree. It seems realistic yet kind of surreal at the same time.
OranSolusMar 22, 2009 9:00 PM
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Mar 22, 2009 10:20 PM

Dec 2007
Yayoi FTW! Touya's crying makes me lol for some no reason. I will watch this series until the final episode.
Mar 23, 2009 9:20 PM

Aug 2008
Whoa!
Last time I checked this anime was only supposed to consist of 12 episodes! And it's getting a 2nd season as well? :O
Well no wonder that the storyline seemed so feeble and slow paced...

Anyway, Rina's shocked face was something ^^

FF said:
The crying made me laugh because it was pathetic.

Yea sorta...
Mar 24, 2009 6:45 PM

Oct 2008
Shinozuka-san...

Ogata Rina..

I wonder how things will turn out...

Mar 31, 2009 10:36 PM

Jul 2008
Just when I started to think that Rina was trying to help Yuki and Touya's relationship. Appartently no one in this series wants them to be together. Touya actually broke down and cried because he misses Yuki and Yayoi just took advantage of that when she clearly knows Yuki is trying to get in touch with him.

But what right does Touya have to get upset about not knowing Yuki's feelings. He's all upset because she hasn't gotten in touch with him or told him about her concert, but how she is suppose to when he's never home to answer his phone. First, he was off 'helping' Misaki with her costumes. Then, he's always off with Yayoi till late at night or early in the morning. And now, he's off prouncing around being Rina's audience. He annoys me to a crazy level. But then again, everyone in this series except for Yuki does.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkariChan - Jan 20, 2009

70 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 11:07 PM

Poll: » White Album Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sniW - Jan 10, 2009

80 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 12:37 PM

Poll: » White Album Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

sniW - Jan 3, 2009

109 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 12:32 PM

Poll: » White Album Episode 8 Discussion

patient_senses - Mar 31, 2009

22 by Daninokuni »»
Sep 12, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » White Album Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sonja - Feb 8, 2009

57 by Daninokuni »»
Sep 5, 2023 1:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.