Forum Settings
Forums

Anime that you couldn't wait to start watching it but then turn out rubbish?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jan 17, 2014 6:40 PM

Jul 2013
Pupa
Jan 17, 2014 6:50 PM
Sep 2013
JD2411 said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
am i being too optimistic that this argument is starting to end?
There wasn't an argument to begin with, just ignorance and fanboyism

I've never watched OP or FT but here's my two cents. Your hate for OP is almost like a kind of fanboyism and since you've only watched 6-7 episodes, wouldn't you call yourself ignorant about the series? I'm guessing you just have an inferiority complex because people call FT a "poor man's One Piece".
Jan 17, 2014 6:54 PM
Oct 2010
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Forgetfulness said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Railgun. I guess I am too old for those kind of anime now.
The first arc of Railgun S is darker

I would have guessed it did seeing how the rating jumps from PG-13 to R. I guess I will just skim to there then.

It's not much better so don't get your hopes up.
Jan 17, 2014 6:55 PM

Jan 2014
Forgetfulness said:
Cresherhsm said:
JD2411 said:
NotJizzyHitler said:

I've never watched OP or FT but here's my two cents. Your hate for OP is almost like a kind of fanboyism and since you've only watched 6-7 episodes, wouldn't you call yourself ignorant about the series? I'm guessing you just have an inferiority complex because people call FT a "poor man's One Piece".
No, JD2411 is just a troll. That's been established for a while now

True this. He's got a bridge, goats and everything!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jan 17, 2014 6:55 PM
Sep 2013
Back on topic, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I tried watching it a few years ago when it was at the height of its popularity but the first few episodes were "meh". It's well loved in the community but it just isn't my thing. Another anime is Mirrai Nikki but I don't think I have to explain myself there.
Forgetfulness said:
Cresherhsm said:
JD2411 said:
NotJizzyHitler said:

Lol ok.
Jan 18, 2014 2:39 AM

Jun 2013
PrimeX said:
Pupa
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 18, 2014 3:22 AM

Mar 2011
Fierce_Deity22 said:

I was slightly amused by this comment.
Jan 18, 2014 6:20 AM
Mar 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Cresherhsm said:
JD2411 said:
NotJizzyHitler said:

Way to disregard a valid criticism by calling me a troll!

Also Cresherhsm I don't update my list regularly as mentioned on the previous page, I have seen more of One Piece and listed what I don't like about it previously as well
Jan 18, 2014 6:39 AM

Dec 2012
hybreezy said:
I was pretty excited to watch Ga-Rai Zero after Fate/Zero (and the first Kara no Kyoukai movie to a lesser extent) and was pretty damn disappointed. Too much faith solely in a director I suppose.

Why did you find it disappointing?

RedRoseFring said:

Durarararara - Pretty boring first section.

I finally found someone who agrees with me. I finished the first part ( headless rider part) in 3 months but finished the rest in 2 days. It was so pointless and boring.
tsudecimoJan 18, 2014 6:46 AM
Jan 18, 2014 7:25 AM

Jun 2012
I went into Jormungaud expecting something as good as/on the same level as Black Lagoon

I was disappointed
Jan 18, 2014 8:18 AM

Mar 2011
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Forgetfulness said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:
The first arc of Railgun S is darker

I would have guessed it did seeing how the rating jumps from PG-13 to R. I guess I will just skim to there then.

I wouldn't force yourself. If you didn't like the first season then although the second season will be more to your preference it will still not impress you that much.

I'm still able to appreciate Railgun a good deal myself. Guess I'm not too old for it, despite being older than the one that is too old.
Jan 18, 2014 8:26 AM

Nov 2010
Kaimon237 said:
I went into Jormungaud expecting something as good as/on the same level as Black Lagoon

I was disappointed
Especially the second season, major crap.
Jan 18, 2014 8:30 AM

Aug 2009
I wanted to start Saint Seiya since the story seemed very good...IN THE SYNOPSIS.

There are many classics/old school hyped series that I disliked.But I genuinely hated SS.
Jan 18, 2014 8:40 AM

Mar 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Kaimon237 said:

I was disappointed

I actually thought the second season was significantly better than the first, but oh well.
Jan 18, 2014 8:46 AM

Nov 2010
Infinite said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Kaimon237 said:

I was disappointed

I actually thought the second season was significantly better than the first, but oh well.
I thought Koko's plan that she'd been planning since the first season was crap. And the ending with him coming back felt like it would better fit in a kids show.
Jan 18, 2014 10:50 AM

Aug 2013
ssjokg said:
I wanted to start Saint Seiya since the story seemed very good...IN THE SYNOPSIS.

There are many classics/old school hyped series that I disliked.But I genuinely hated SS.
Why? Explain this. What don't you like about the story?
Jan 18, 2014 10:57 AM

Aug 2009
DrGeroCreation said:
ssjokg said:

Asspulls in every single fight,inconsistency with powers/power levels and characterization,characters villains or not that are dumber than a chicken's feather,repetitive.
Jan 18, 2014 11:13 AM

Aug 2013
ssjokg said:
DrGeroCreation said:
ssjokg said:

Asspulls in every single fight,inconsistency with powers/power levels and characterization,characters villains or not that are dumber than a chicken's feather,repetitive.
I agree with it being repetitive but I disagree than there are asspulls every single fight.
Jan 18, 2014 11:43 AM

Aug 2009
DrGeroCreation said:
ssjokg said:
DrGeroCreation said:
ssjokg said:

I agree with it being repetitive but I disagree than there are asspulls every single fight.

Bronze Saints reach Mach 1
Silver Saints reach mach 5 and Gold Saints/God Warriors/Marine Generals reach the speed of light and their power levels are vastly different.
Jan 18, 2014 11:55 AM

Aug 2013
ssjokg said:
DrGeroCreation said:
ssjokg said:
DrGeroCreation said:
ssjokg said:

Bronze Saints reach Mach 1
Silver Saints reach mach 5 and Gold Saints/God Warriors/Marine Generals reach the speed of light and their power levels are vastly different.
Speed and power don't necessarily go hand in hand. You can be faster than a guy but weaker than him. Armor alone doesn't determine how powerful a saint is but the ability to boost your cosmos. From the episodes I have been watching the Silver Saints are garbage compared to Seiya, Shiryu, Hyoga , Shun, Ikki. These bronze saints have more potential than the silver saints just lke Goku had more potential than Vegeta even though he is not an elite like Vegeta.
Jan 18, 2014 12:32 PM

Jan 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
Speed and power don't necessarily go hand in hand. You can be faster than a guy but weaker than him. Armor alone doesn't determine how powerful a saint is but the ability to boost your cosmos. From the episodes I have been watching the Silver Saints are garbage compared to Seiya, Shiryu, Hyoga , Shun, Ikki. These bronze saints have more potential than the silver saints just lke Goku had more potential than Vegeta even though he is not an elite like Vegeta.

In SS and most shounen series speed and power DO go hand in hand. If character A can run circles around character B, character A is most likely also more powerful, more durable, has more stamina, etc.

And I actually agree with ssjokg with regard to the original SS. There are so many asspulls and lots of inconsistencies with the power levels/scaling. Also, not only are there no important and competent females in the series, there are hardly any females AT ALL. Furthermore, the fights always rely too much on raw power and always lack any modicum of clever planning or tactics. Having a higher cosmos just seems to be capable of trumping anything, which is dumb. All these things suck out the suspense and intensity of the fights, making them boring, predictable, and repetitive.

Thankfully, SS Lost Canvas and SS Episode G avoid these shortcomings most of the time.
Salmon is delicious.
Jan 18, 2014 2:09 PM

May 2008
Locked.
Simple listing topics are disallowed in the forum guidelines. They do not promote interactive discussion and have no value beyond visiting random lists.

I am a banana.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» angry sub only users

Yorda_trico - 3 hours ago

27 by 447799 »»
2 minutes ago

» List of characters you want to shoot

dumbandinsane - Today

21 by EpicO4 »»
6 minutes ago

» Overall, do you rate anime generously or harshly? Why? ( 1 2 3 )

Rinrinka - Apr 8

108 by Lhundrup »»
15 minutes ago

» Is an anime good if...

ZeroMajor12 - 5 hours ago

16 by TRC_Randy »»
16 minutes ago

» What percentage of anime that you've seen did you pirate? ( 1 2 3 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 13

120 by ADumbNut »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.