Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 15, 2014 8:26 AM

May 2012
Meh. 5/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jan 15, 2014 8:47 AM

Jul 2010
yeah this anime does not live up to my expectations so far, feels a bit like a copy of previous anime of this genre. There is no depth to the characters or the plot so far. Which is fine, since it's only the beginning, but how am I supposed to enjoy the first episodes when I can't feel empathy for the (so far one-dimensional) characters?
The anime can probably still become very interesting, so I'm not giving up on it, but this episode seriously lowered my expectations. So many main characters are still not seen in action...
3/5, being generous.
Jan 15, 2014 11:57 AM

Jul 2009
i think this show is pretty good. the mystery is not bad, a few cliche plot twists but twists nonetheless. will continue for now. 6/10
Jan 15, 2014 2:07 PM

Jan 2008
I don't know what to think about it, yes, it isn't ultra great, but I think it is nice to watch and it doesn't bore me, so I guess it will be my guilty pleasure for this season :D

Also,
minescope said:

@11:34 - It looks like the villain was in charge or at least was involved in whatever facility Nice and the others were tested in. Uh oh, don't tell me all those brains are from the minimum holders who didn't pass their standard.

I did not notice this at first O.O
Jan 15, 2014 2:20 PM

Mar 2012
That main villain looks like one creepy fella.
Jan 15, 2014 3:08 PM

Oct 2013
alexpte said:
And another case closed. Seems like the main plot is setting in

Yeah! Definitely one of the better plots too
Jan 15, 2014 3:23 PM

Sep 2012
That villain at the end was really creepy
and I can't get tired of this ost
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Jan 15, 2014 4:08 PM

Dec 2013
Another good episode, still one of the two anime from this season I'm deciding on as a "favorite". The "case of the week" setup probably won't last long, the main plot will take over eventually. But, it does give the characters something to do in each episode while the background is unfolding around them. You can't just put them in a battle with the main villain from the start of episode one and expect it to carry the whole season. I'm still loving the art/style of this series, it seems all of the other shows are more worried about making their animation top notch. In that case, you do end up with nicely drawn animation that lacks the style/flare to set it apart from every other top notch animation project going on.

Birthday getting arrested in the beginning was hilarious, especially the way they talked about it at the bar. The case was nothing special, just something to pass the time. Nice's powers are still holding my interest, trying to figure out exactly what he can do with them. The main villain at the end is definitely a nutty, creepy Sylar from Heroes; but that is alright with me. Maybe it can make up for how bad Heroes sucked.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 15, 2014 4:56 PM

Oct 2013
Okay episode, but still enjoyable. Murasaki is hot.
The antagonist with his brains tho. He seems interesting... Gotta love creepy characters *^*
Jan 15, 2014 5:04 PM

Jul 2013
Hajime and Nice wanting a fried cutlet sandwich~
fun episode, nice case
the bomber has a few screws loose
Liked Nice's expression during all that, completely calm
Murasaki was a badass during that though
brains of former minimum holders used to create new ones?
and this serial killer..
Jan 15, 2014 5:34 PM

Jan 2011
I still don't know how i feel about this however the whole brain stealing seems kinda interesting.
Jan 15, 2014 6:05 PM

Jul 2012
Sigh...can't say I hate it per se, but geez did NAZ pick a terribly bad time to air a detective show during the same season as Sherlock. I mean try holding a candle to THAT: a half-hour show involving spineless tools with the dumbest superpowers (a stop watch??) or a 90-minute show that takes you through the process of the guy's deduction, more interesting story, and more interesting main character to boot.

...yea that's a toughie.. =P
Jan 15, 2014 6:10 PM

Sep 2012
It's rushed but meh, I like it quite a bit.
They could do better.
Jan 15, 2014 9:40 PM

Mar 2013
Wow, nice teacher you had there.
Time Acceleration is one of many powers I wouldn't want to have...
Dat Falcon Punch though :)
Jan 15, 2014 10:11 PM

Sep 2013
i lol'd at the guy clicking the timer xD
this series is getting good! i like the cases

i just wish they would tie everything in together all the time lol
idk it just seems predictable. like both cases always tie in to one another

not a complaint, just saying ^^; antagonist is a creeper tho .__.
Jan 15, 2014 10:53 PM

Jun 2013
Before you know, Mr. Antagonist there is going to create a super-computer controlled by human brains that eventually becomes an integral part of monitoring the criminal tendencies of an entire society... oh wait.
Jan 15, 2014 11:47 PM

Jul 2012
Introduction of antagonist guy and brains.

Nice, main plot integrating in well.

The detective work and mysteries are very fun despite some predictable twists. Looking forward to the next case.
Jan 16, 2014 1:21 AM

Sep 2012
This episode's case was kinda boring, but the actual plot with the brain psycho seems a lot more interesting to me :o
Jan 16, 2014 2:07 AM
Jul 2013
plushkin said:
Sigh...can't say I hate it per se, but geez did NAZ pick a terribly bad time to air a detective show during the same season as Sherlock. I mean try holding a candle to THAT: a half-hour show involving spineless tools with the dumbest superpowers (a stop watch??) or a 90-minute show that takes you through the process of the guy's deduction, more interesting story, and more interesting main character to boot.

...yea that's a toughie.. =P

Just so you know, this is Japan.
Jan 16, 2014 2:58 AM

Aug 2012
The antagonist is interesting. At first I thought he was Sephiroth lol.
Trippwire01 said:
Before you know, Mr. Antagonist there is going to create a super-computer controlled by human brains that eventually becomes an integral part of monitoring the criminal tendencies of an entire society... oh wait.
Don't tell me, that is...... oh shit.
Jan 16, 2014 4:34 AM

Nov 2010
It was a good case afterall
Hmmm a brain collector, that last scene was disturbing
Jan 16, 2014 4:38 AM

Dec 2008
Damn, that shitty teacher bastard!!
What is Kuroshitsuji's Undertaker doing in Hamatora?

Gotta admit that Murasaki looked pretty bad ass scaling that air vent. I had to rewind and watch it again a few times.
Barely any Ratio/Doc. Still, it was a good episode. I felt so bad for those two students that cared so much for that piece of shit of a teacher...especially the boy that was bullied.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 16, 2014 7:38 AM

Aug 2013
Great CASE <3 <3 love this anime a lot , That ending with brain was creepy :|
5/5 <3 <3

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jan 16, 2014 10:27 AM

Jan 2013
Better than last week, but the character development sucks.
Jan 16, 2014 2:14 PM

Jul 2012
Fun episode. Interesting case. The ending part with the brain collection reminds me of Psycho Pass AND Durarara. :P
Jan 16, 2014 5:28 PM

Nov 2012
An okay episode.

Lol'd @ Birthday's horrible timing.

So the antagonist appears.Pretty creepy that you need a Minimum Holder's brain to become one.

Also really like the OP.
VanishingKiraJan 16, 2014 5:33 PM
Jan 17, 2014 1:41 AM

Jan 2013
brains, W~o~w
'"Hearts, you say? You Humans are always so quick to speak of such things. As though you carry your hearts in the very palms of your hands. But this eye of mine perceives all. There is nothing that it overlooks. If this eye cannot see a thing, then it does not exist. That is the assumption under which I have always fought. What is this "heart"? If I tear open that chest of yours, will I see it there? If I smash open that skull of yours, will I see it there?4th Espada

Jan 17, 2014 1:58 AM
Jan 2014
really awesome!!! Art is different than the others. his role is just amazing!!!! he also an minimum. he is my most favourite caracter really love him so so so much
Jan 17, 2014 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
Lel, the villain is Anime Sylar. Taking people's brain and all.

Jan 17, 2014 10:09 AM

Jul 2008
I wonder how does he extract the power from the brain.
Jan 17, 2014 10:35 AM

Oct 2011
The case this episode felt rushed again but nice that we get to see more of the actual antagonist. Quite creepy how Nice bumped into him near the school.
Jan 17, 2014 12:05 PM

Aug 2013
This episode was quite boring compared to the first imo. The fights weren't exciting to me and the plot wasn't interesting enough to even follow it. After skimming back over the episode to get the plot, the conclusion was underwhelming. It's a shame cause I liked the first episode :/
Jan 17, 2014 6:02 PM

Apr 2012
Are the antagonist and Art related in some way? The ED leads me to believe so...
Jan 17, 2014 11:41 PM

May 2012
Arlia said:
This episode's case was kinda boring, but the actual plot with the brain psycho seems a lot more interesting to me :o

Exactly what I'm thinking.
Jan 18, 2014 2:26 AM

Sep 2012
so are they going to make people puke every ep? and that was an disturbing last scene...
Jan 18, 2014 11:35 AM

Jan 2011
The plot seems really stupid, mr. evil killing minimum holders to get moar power himself.
Pretty meh so far, and the censoring was lame as fuck.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 18, 2014 3:55 PM

Feb 2013
Brains!!!!

I think this is it for me. 2 episodes have failed to give me a reason to continue watching.
Jan 19, 2014 5:52 AM

Dec 2010
This episode was good, I hope the quality is gonna get even better.

The comedy is awesome, I died when the building blew behind Birthday xD
Jan 19, 2014 7:08 AM
Jun 2013
Aha I think I just really like the main characters, and the animation during the minimums. Maybe because of that my judgement was clouded about the actual plotline, but I really like this show so far!
Jan 19, 2014 8:24 AM

Sep 2012
Loved the OP and ED.

I like the funny scenes. Buying Fried cutlet sandwich in the canteen XD

Birthday laughing XD

Kitazawa is also a Minimum Holder.

That ending.

Who's that creepy guy in the end?
Jan 19, 2014 12:15 PM

Oct 2009
Sure the case wasn't intriguing but its enjoyable but I do hope it picks up, fast.
Jan 20, 2014 4:45 AM

Dec 2011
'I just did it because everyone else was doing it. What's so wrong with that?'

Anyone who actually thinks like that is scum and trash. Why not blow yourself up? There's nothing in your life, after all, if you really think 'they did it too' is a good reason to do horrible things.

And going on a midnight stroll with a brain in a jar? That's just revolting.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 20, 2014 2:38 PM

Aug 2009
Eudaimonia said:
I appreciate style to some extent but not when it's presented so poorly. There's a world of difference between what K, which also couldn't pride itself on storytelling, brought to the table in terms of style (and animation) compared to this. And I wouldn't even mind it that much if it would do a great job as a detective-story but alas it is not from my point of view so there's basically nothing for me to hold onto.
I do agree though that the last scene with the apparent final boss had some eerie soundtrack that was used to enhance the atmosphere rather well.

I know my remark is a bit off-topic but I just couldn't help it!! :DD It's about the storytelling in K. I'm assuming you're talking about K- Project and if that's the case, I don't really agree with your statement! I respect it but I don't think the plot was poor at all! It was really confusing and complicated but the idea behind is really original! It was very short, yes, but everything was perfectly connected! Of course, it's easier when you've read the mangas and novels to make sense of it all but even if we only take the anime, it was amazing! However, you don't have to agree with me. ^^

Now to Hamatora! xD

Well, the episode had its funny moments and pretty sad ones! I felt really bad about that guy Theo since what he believed in turned out to be a lie, really painful indeed! >.< I also really liked the flashback there!!! I believe this is just the beginning - we will get to know more of what this Academy they all came from! It won't be a bad idea to read the manga, too! ^^ That creepy looking brain-loving guy is freaking me out! I bet his personality is really twisted and he is a psycho - judging by his words at the end!!!

Maybe the episode wasn't that great, but I guess there is a lot more to come! That's why I'm looking forward to episode 3! ^^
Jan 20, 2014 3:30 PM

Dec 2010
The powers are cool, and the MC is likeable + intelligent. On for the ride.
Jan 21, 2014 4:52 PM

Apr 2012
loved this episode!
the killer's motive's are now starting to make sense but he looked like a huge creep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2014 1:01 AM

Nov 2012
really love the OP now <3
oh I like the the beginning XD really good.. especially that dancing bear XD really cute!
oh I know the teacher is behind all of this.. but the reason -_-
hmm I see that guy in the end is true enemy.. I wonder what kind of battle it is gonna be <3
Jan 22, 2014 2:29 AM

May 2010
The good teacher was actually just a fake. That bat scene was so twisted.
Jan 22, 2014 10:37 AM

Oct 2008
I'm not getting the bad reviews.
Jan 23, 2014 7:13 PM

Jan 2014
minescope said:
The early bit of backstory and connection between the cases was a nice surprise. I'm still confused by Nice's power, is it the power to move at the speed of sound?

@11:34 - It looks like the villain was in charge or at least was involved in whatever facility Nice and the others were tested in. Uh oh, don't tell me all those brains are from the minimum holders who didn't pass their standard.

His ability is the power to move *through* sound. All those colours that come on the screen when he activates his minimum are sound waves, and he can teleport himself through them.
Jan 26, 2014 4:56 PM

Jun 2012
lol just as planned

all those brains, though

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

262 by Mishiia »»
Mar 1, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2014

105 by Destroyer31 »»
Aug 22, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Hamatora The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2014

133 by enterlowa »»
Aug 2, 2023 3:47 AM

» Does anyone else think this anime is very shallow?

7EJh77b - Dec 7, 2015

4 by BreakApart »»
Sep 3, 2022 11:44 AM

» Worth Watching?

_txhsin__ - Jun 1, 2022

8 by Kibbi500 »»
Jun 3, 2022 9:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.