Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2014 5:37 PM

Apr 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is so Madhouse.

Dub wasn't too bad actually*, I was a bit offput by the very Western music tracks but as they were actually relevant to the story you can see why they probably chose to replace the original ones.

*It was quite flat and uninterested, which hurt my enjoyment a bit, but again, it's pretty appropriate given that they were going for a film noir-style story (jaded protagonist, twists and all).

The only thing that really felt out of place was the Street Fighter II bad guy in the truck!!
BlackoutingJan 12, 2014 5:53 PM
Oct 3, 2018 8:57 PM

Jul 2017
Very cool noir style and very weird - that guy jumping from the truck and the knife guy especially. They really went with the noir style other than that.
Nov 23, 2018 2:48 PM

Nov 2016
Not bad, was just expecting some cheap action flick( which it was), but it also presented interesting ideas.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 20, 2019 2:58 PM

Aug 2015
Nice technoir aesthetic. They don't make 'em look like this anymore. Some ero-guro aesthetic inside Yuki's mind.

It turns out the music industry was the real cult all along

Unfortunately, kinda forgettable I think, but a very competent production
Aug 14, 2019 2:54 PM

Sep 2018
I found this disappointing, there was so much more they could have done with this concept than a somewhat generic golgo 13 sort of affair.
Also I'm not sure why all the reviews call this weird and a "mind fuck", this wasn't really that weird at all. All and all I was very underwhelmed by this.

Oh, and one more thing, our good old top OVA reviewer literature nerd is wrong like normal. This WAS based on a light novel series. Moral of the story, never trust an Elfen Lied fan.
KristiwazhereAug 14, 2019 3:06 PM
Dec 31, 2020 2:29 PM

Jun 2014
This was awful, watching this was a pointless experience.

1/10
:3
Jul 2, 2021 5:22 AM

Aug 2017
What was that eyeball licking lol, it's not a Suehiro Maruo adaptation

Yuki's bassist looked like Ray from Macross 7

Somehow Yuki was born 10 years prior to the events of the OVA but she looks much older. I guess psychic powers make you grow faster or something xD

There were a couple of shots with rather incomprehensible kanji in Busujima's house and on a cafe pillar. Wonder what they said.
Jul 22, 2021 9:41 PM
Dec 2017
gotta say that was one trippy looking show.

May 10, 2022 1:30 PM

Apr 2020
Nice of Bando to make a cameo.
Go ahead, reply. I'm not going to read it.
Oct 13, 2022 4:48 PM

Oct 2016
One of the best schlocky ovas I've ever seen, this needed more runtime so the scenes would flow a bit better, better dialogue, and more characterization.

Kristiwazhere said:
Moral of the story, never trust an Elfen Lied fan.
True
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.