Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 13, 2014 1:30 AM

Aug 2008
The first episode really didn't quite cut it for me, but this one made up for it.
I felt that the setting was rushed and bland in the first episode, but they have gone over some stuff that made it more substantial.
The action is good too.
Jan 13, 2014 1:42 AM

Dec 2012
The action was not to bad. Ogura has joined Dogoo.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 13, 2014 2:29 AM

Nov 2013
Wow, nice implementation of the 3-line volley. We really need more of Nobunaga, huh.
Still not interested in main lead unfortunately - can see myself dropping.

The opening will probably just have me coming back though.
Jan 13, 2014 3:38 AM

Jan 2013
Didn't like the OP
Still mixed on the animation but I do really like the colour scheme which is heavy on reds and blacks and some other darker colours.
Pretty decent action.
I was surprisingly drawn in by the drama of the second half of the episode - I actually preferred the second half to the first and I am usually an action kind of guy.

Overall another decent episode and I will keep watching.
Jan 13, 2014 3:53 AM

Jan 2009
Thoughts:
5:36 I can't tell if Sio is male or female here :o

7:43 was I suppose to be impressed when she said "Nobunagan Three-Line Volley!"? That was not at all clever and just fell flat.

12:04 ok, Sio laying on her bed blushing was very hawt

14:48 sio x asao… yuri foreshadowing?? :DDD

20:23 all the crap asao said here, I actually bought some of it

-------------
Overall:
1. Hated the screaming in the OP song but loved the post-hardcore parts. I could accept the screamo OP song in Death Note because the series was intense.

2. ED song was too cheesy.

3. Listening to that 'old grandma' and 'robot bunny' talk put me to sleep

4. Didn't buy all that fighting at all. Seen better

5. Story seems very boring and cliché: Sio must stop the baddies from taking over the world. I'm definitely dropping this series after episode 3.

6. You don't need weird creatures or super OP weapons to tell a good story. I find the 2014 anime "Engaged to the Unidentified" to be much more interesting than this crap.

Ep2: 2/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jan 13, 2014 4:34 AM

Jun 2012
Kinda wondering if Asao was thinking of Pacific Rim for the movie. That's what it reminds me of, even though they're not fighting in giant mechs and the manga came out two years before Pacific Rim.

I'm probably gonna have a hard time adjusting to this opening... I can't stand scream-o music, and it seems pushing it for this anime.

Hitlariousnazi said:
Lol that spiderman quote
Yeah, that got a good laugh out of me too. xD

billybob300c said:
Thoughts:
5:36 I can't tell if Sio is male or female here :o

1. Hated the screaming in the OP song but loved the post-hardcore parts. I could accept the screamo OP song in Death Note because the series was intense.
This. I'm pretty confident she's a female though, but at the same time there's a nagging feeling that maybe she's not.

Hitlariousnazi said:
7:43 was I suppose to be impressed when she said "Nobunagan Three-Line Volley!"? That was not at all clever and just fell flat.
Well, according to Wikipedia that's a reference to something he actually did:
"At the decisive Battle of Nagashino, the combined forces of Nobunaga and Tokugawa Ieyasu devastated the Takeda clan with the strategic use of arquebuses. Nobunaga compensated for the arquebus' slow reloading time by arranging the arquebusiers in three lines. After each line fired, it would duck and reload as the next line fired. The bullets were able to pierce the Takeda cavalry armor, who were pushed back and killed by incoming fire."
Jan 13, 2014 10:11 AM

Jul 2013
I can't believe people are actually complaining about this instead of Nobunaga the Fool O.o

I can't be the only one who wasn't bothered by the color scheme (unusual though it may be)?

The action was engaging and they actually took quite a realistic turn in terms of Sio's inner conflict while dealing with new found superpower. I was also quite touched when Asao sent that picture to Sio's phone. Unlike most action series, this anime doesn't beat around the bush and explain most of the stuffs from the get go so they can focus on the action and story progression.
Jan 13, 2014 11:45 AM

Aug 2013
The colours are too noisy it just looks messy to me. At times I felt like I was watching some shoot-em-up game. The concept is quite silly and not in a good way.

Wasn't a fan of the drama because it didn't make much sense. She's saying she couldn't do anything to protect her - yet she still did everything she could and even shielded her with her body from the explosion when she ran out of ammo?!

I know that's quite common in anime as well as the whole "having someone important to protect" thing, but it just annoyed me in this anime.

The OP is terrible >.<

Since it's only 23 minutes per week and I don't like having dropped anime on my list, I'll keep watching until the end though I doubt it's going to get any better than this.
Jan 13, 2014 12:11 PM
Feb 2013
First voice in the first verse of ED is a little bit off tune.
Nice song although. Also - nice OST.

So everyone took their favorite weapons, and Newton picked.. the gravity? Ahaha, good one.
However I'm pretty sure that when asked, back in his living days, Newton would say his weapon is calculus. Go flying derivative!

Ok, so if there's Jack the Ripper (yay, what a hero), then maybe there is also a reincarnation of Hitler? With a gas pistol.

First ep was great, now the meh part has started.
Moar monstaz, less talking. The next one will be decisive.

Btw, don't get my post too serious.
kcuf
Jan 13, 2014 1:43 PM

Jul 2008
I like the action scene when Sio start blasting the pacific rim monsters.
Jan 13, 2014 1:49 PM

Dec 2011
Nice fights... and it is kinda expected she will join.
Can't wait to see how this anime pan out to be interesting or not.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2014 3:32 PM

Apr 2011
I enjoyed the OP, and some good action at the beginning. The rest was OK and served as good info-dumping. Continues to impress me this season. The preview was rather surprising, because I actually noted how incredibly flat-chested Ogura is, particularly in comparison to her friend ... yet it showed someone unzipping Ogura's top and VERY large boobs jiggling out. Maybe she wears super tight clothes and bras so they're squished against her?
Jan 13, 2014 3:39 PM

Dec 2008
Is it Sio that enjoys killing the aliens, or is it Nobunaga that's sleeping inside her?
I think I'm more interested in the goat bunny that's pulling the strings than anything else.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 13, 2014 4:08 PM

Feb 2012
Looks like the series is going to be pretty good going to stick with it. The preview for next episode looks questionable though -_-
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Jan 13, 2014 4:29 PM

Jul 2010
Meh. The visuals were really good, I liked as the first episode how they used the colors patterns. I don't really like the music, for the exception of the OP which is really awesome (musically speaking), the video wasn't that grea though.

I can't find myself enjoying the MC yet. Hopefully I will later on.

Wind_Sr said:
Looks like the series is going to be pretty good going to stick with it. The preview for next episode looks questionable though -_-

Oh yeah, what the hell was that preview.
Dat teacher too, wtf.
Jan 13, 2014 5:17 PM

Sep 2013
Not my kind of op, but I guess it's alright

Good episode.
Jan 13, 2014 6:20 PM

Sep 2010
HOLY SHIT THREE LINE VOLLEY SFMLGMDRJGMKJD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esE_nyLuOtE
Jan 13, 2014 9:44 PM

Jun 2012
GoGo_Dominatrix said:
Is it Sio that enjoys killing the aliens, or is it Nobunaga that's sleeping inside her?
Don't remember where, I think maybe Wikipedia, but I accidentally had it spoiled that:
(slight spoiler):
Though, I guess that still doesn't quite answer your question, and is still fairly misleading... but I stopped reading at that point. :/

jiraiya_sensei said:
I can't believe people are actually complaining about this instead of Nobunaga the Fool O.o
Well, it wouldn't make much sense for people to be complaining about Nobunaga the Fool in Nobunagun episode discussion threads.
Jan 14, 2014 1:08 AM

Mar 2012
It was ententaining. The heavy coloring makes it pretty. :D The action is also a step up from the previous. Newton is hot. The opening not being J-pop is a plus.
And finaly, the yuri/friendship aspect here is much better than what i saw in other anime. Not that good but at least not boring.
huntxJan 14, 2014 1:48 AM
Jan 14, 2014 3:15 AM

Jan 2011
so the alien monsters will keep evolving... next should be training episode
Jan 14, 2014 5:41 AM

Apr 2013
Good episode. The action is good
Jan 14, 2014 6:00 AM
Sep 2013
The OP was.. well, for me, it's not good, but it's really not that bad. is there an ED?

Awesome episode, i wonder how she aim and shoot 3 guns at the same time.
Jan 14, 2014 6:39 AM

Sep 2013
FalKKonE said:
Ok, so if there's Jack the Ripper (yay, what a hero), then maybe there is also a reincarnation of Hitler? With a gas pistol.

lol
Jan 14, 2014 8:28 AM

Oct 2013
Quickly dropping by to say the opening song is the best thing about the anime as of now,not saying its not good without it,definitely loving it more with it tho.
Jan 14, 2014 8:39 AM
Jan 2013
Really enjoying this one. Reminds me of Soul Eater: mindless fun with some deep moments. Definitely one of my favs this season.
Jan 14, 2014 5:02 PM

Oct 2013
It's okay. Idk maybe gonna watch for a little more
Jan 14, 2014 9:40 PM

Oct 2011
Asao believes in her. Such friendship TwT.
Jan 14, 2014 10:36 PM

Jul 2009
Mahat said:
So... Based on the other characters appearances, and the fact that Shio/Oda Nobunaga hails from Japan... The world will be saved by a multi-national agency with members actually coming from all around the planet? Refreshingly unusual.

Which begs the question: how could Shio understand the three others? English? I'm... completely missing the point of this show, right?

Also, from the opening, we got quite the interesting line-up:

Oda Nobunaga: 16th century japanese warlord.
Jack the Riper: Late 19th century english serial killer. Never caught, semi-mythical.
Isaac Newton: 17th century, english... I guess we would call him a "scientist" nowadays.
Mahatma Gandhi: 19th century, indian political leader and philosopher.
(Eugène François?) Vidocq: 18-19th century french criminal-turned-criminalist.
Galileo (Galilei): 16th century, italian sorta-scientist again.
Hunter: No idea. Wikipedia failed me.
(Antoni) Gaudi: 19th century spanish architect.
Cyx: No idea.
Geronimo: 19th century apache leader.

And, lastly, boss-grandma called her aid "Saint Germain" in the first episode, so we can probably add "18th century european... traveler-scientist-courtier-mysteriousandverybusyman".

Just... What criteria did the giant metal alien thingy use to select his victims? ^^'
Also, I'd wager he loved Europe.

so far the only reference i found about cyx is that:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceyx
bruh
Jan 15, 2014 1:12 AM

Aug 2013
wow, nobunagun's 3-line volley, nice!

Alien villained animes like this were nice huh...

Looking at Sio and Asao at the hospital, a little more of it and I'll think of it as Yuri hahaha
Nice episode, action packed but not so exciting, just a so-so...
Jan 15, 2014 1:21 AM

Nov 2012
argh.. completely love this show now! XD
the OP! REALLY REALLY LOVE IT! gonna download the full version I dont give a shit anymore! LOL
and "san dan" XD really love that technique :'
its gonna be awesome finally hohohwoahaowho
too excited for this :p
Jan 15, 2014 6:30 AM

Jan 2013
I Really Enjoy Watch This Episode 1&2 Awesome I love It And I Really Love The Opening Song IS Awesome
I Love This Anime
'"Hearts, you say? You Humans are always so quick to speak of such things. As though you carry your hearts in the very palms of your hands. But this eye of mine perceives all. There is nothing that it overlooks. If this eye cannot see a thing, then it does not exist. That is the assumption under which I have always fought. What is this "heart"? If I tear open that chest of yours, will I see it there? If I smash open that skull of yours, will I see it there?4th Espada

Jan 15, 2014 9:58 AM

Jun 2011
Great OP! Oh man the preview, dem boobs, even the fanservice look like KlK.

The voice acting did get better, but I don't like the voice actress, her tone feels wrong to me, her voice is just.. mood killer imo.

The first half with the battle was just simply awesome, but personally I would've probably liked it more if the MC is a male.. The OST was also great once again.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 15, 2014 10:22 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode, but a bit disappointed in the preview.

I like this series and will definitely continue to watch it.
8/10.
Jan 15, 2014 10:48 AM

Mar 2013
Surprisingly good. Wasn't expecting much but I will be sticking with this one.
Jan 15, 2014 2:14 PM

Jan 2012
"With great power comes great responsibility"
This show's fun,a lotta fun.
Jan 15, 2014 6:22 PM

Sep 2013
i enjoyed the first ep but this one was even better, wow
nobunagun action is one of the best this season, easily

i'm growing to like the art a lot more too! ogura is awesome lol
fingers crossed that there's this kind of action every week ^^
Jan 15, 2014 7:22 PM

Jul 2009
Pros:
Cool action, and I definitely want to buy a Nobunagun figure one day. I like the visual style, too. And it's pretty unusual for a "superhero" organization go all-out public like that. You don't see that often and it could have interesting implications in the future.
Oh and was that a Pacific Rim reference there? Priceless. :D
Still glorious trash.

Cons:
OP is angsty as fuck, WataMote was way better. Forced drama, forced shoujo ai. Bleh. Newton has like the most useless fucking power ever. :'D
Oh and, "distinguished figures" you say, and then you pick both Gandhi and Jack the Ripper. Rofl. The Japs really like Jack for some reason apparently, but honestly I really think mass murderer of women is a horrible choice for a superhero. Also I'm very disappointed that there's no Tesla for instance. He would've been badass. But yeah obviously they had to make Oda the coolest one.
Preview seems wtf rape fanservice.
Still trash.

Observation:
The alien most definitely seems fishy. Inb4 he pulls a QB on us.
Jan 15, 2014 9:23 PM
May 2010
Wasn't feeling it the first half. Honestly, that 3 Line Volley stunt was like "Lol, I'm OP." And everyone's reaction to it, like it is something major (which I get that it was, but was done way differently in history) was pretty meh for me.

Second half was better. Good character development, but the first half almost killed the show for me. Will give it another episode.
Jan 15, 2014 9:51 PM

Mar 2013
Awesome episode.
Best part was obviously Shio owning ass out there.
Jan 16, 2014 6:00 AM

Sep 2013
The OP and ED are rather forgettable but the episode itself was great, love the characters and the art direction.
Jan 16, 2014 8:34 AM

Sep 2013
talentlessash said:
The OP and ED are rather forgettable but the episode itself was great, love the characters and the art direction.
the op song is great but not the visual
Jan 16, 2014 11:49 AM

Aug 2013
First half was AMAZING but the 2nd one was sad and funny :") , A lot of mixed feelings ^^ 5/5
Great Anime

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jan 17, 2014 1:23 PM

Apr 2012
Sovietcong said:

Sio's battle was pretty cool. That rabbit thing reminds me oddly of Kyubey...

Kyubey on steroids!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 18, 2014 10:38 AM

Dec 2011
This series continues to be epic on every level.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 18, 2014 2:34 PM

Jan 2013
YURI
Jan 18, 2014 6:02 PM

Feb 2013
First half was noisy. Second half failed to make me want to see another episode.
Jan 19, 2014 3:21 PM

Jul 2013
Three-Line Volley was pretty awesome. Ogura was boss during all that.
She finally joins Dogoo.. and Dogoo themselves reveal themselves to the public.
Liked this episode a bit more. Action was good, getting used to the animation already.
Jan 21, 2014 1:02 AM

Apr 2013
Shio=badass ^^
Jan 22, 2014 12:55 PM

Jul 2012
you don't hear a (metal/hard)core opening that often in anime so plus for that one.

I disliked the general BGM though. Felt kinda weak and didnt suck me into what was happening. Also some parts had an awkward silence.

It's also evident that Shios VA is a newbe.

ED is also really terrible.

Overall it's still enjoyable, but far from being a great show.

And I hope I see some bewbs next episode!
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Feb 15, 2014 1:09 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Never judge ahead of time, Nobunagun is yet another anime series that does it.
The only unpleasant thing the design is not beautiful, but custom color and design are attractive and with the OST can achieve a nice mix.
Narration reasoned and not far-fetched, I like so far.
Plot is not addictive, but they are only two episodes, there is time.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nobunagun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

91 by topacioloco »»
Aug 13, 2023 8:44 PM

Poll: » Nobunagun Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

58 by Guts-Valley »»
Sep 29, 2021 6:02 AM

Poll: » Nobunagun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mills - Jan 5, 2014

183 by syncrogazer »»
May 4, 2019 7:13 AM

Poll: » Nobunagun Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

50 by TK8878 »»
Jan 29, 2018 1:38 AM

Poll: » Nobunagun Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

58 by TK8878 »»
Jan 13, 2018 9:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.