Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 12, 2009 6:32 PM
Jun 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
well nobody could have predicted the TWEEEST in this chapter. I say, this development just kicked the pace of the manga into even higher gear, no complaints there. can't wait for next week when some mysteries of the series become unraveled.
avrcMar 12, 2009 8:37 PM
Mar 12, 2009 7:34 PM

Mar 2007
my reaction to 8tail was : ewwwwww
but then , HE appeared and I was " FUCK YEAH !"
and then I was " f*ck you Kishimoto , I hate how you end your chapters "
And now I'm "why can't next week come any sooner ? " D:
kurotsukiMar 12, 2009 8:22 PM

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)
Mar 12, 2009 8:19 PM

Mar 2008
Nice chapter, the eight-tail looks very cool and Naruto is finally gonna find out who his father is.
As alway I can't wait for next week!
Miertje86Mar 12, 2009 8:33 PM
Mar 12, 2009 9:36 PM
Nov 2007
YES YES YES. 8 TAILS WILL OBLITERATE FRICKIN PAIN.

ahh gahh thats good. :]

unless the 4th somehow assuages naruto's soul or something stupid like that (which would take like 2 chapters to do -.-;)

muhhhhhhhhh.

also, i love yamato's reaction to all of this

"shit. 6?"
"fuck! 8 !?"
"9!? ARE YOU SHITTING ME? WHY IS THIS HAPPENING"
Mar 12, 2009 9:53 PM

Jul 2008
loved this chapter!!! naruto goes 8tails after pain unleashes his best attack and pain was like "oh, crap". and when naruto looks like hes going to succumb to the fox, his father appears! holy crap this awesome!!!!!!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 12, 2009 9:54 PM
Dec 2008
Whatttttttttt this freakin awesome i cant till next week
Mar 12, 2009 9:54 PM

Jul 2008
Holy sweet JESUS. I don't usually comment, but I have to for this one.

This chapter was an emotional roller coaster of, "DAMMIT, LOAD NEXT PAGE, LOAD!" Onemanga was being all laggy! Sweet Zombie Black Raptor Jesus that was awesome.

I can't wait for next week, I wonder how this'll effect Naruto's own levels :s Also, I need new pants. BBL

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Mar 12, 2009 9:55 PM

Jan 2009
kurotsuki said:
my reaction to 8tail was : ewwwwww
but then , HE appeared and I was " FUCK YEAH !"
and then I was " f*ck you Kishimoto , I hate how you end your chapters "
And now I'm "why can't next week come any sooner ? " D:

ditto
Mar 12, 2009 10:08 PM

Sep 2008
The anticipation is killing me, I don't think I can wait one week again...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2009 10:10 PM

Apr 2007
WOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAA

who knew, uh? D:
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Mar 12, 2009 10:12 PM
Sep 2008
Man, once again Naruto surprised me by actually being good. Not a lot of monologing, a whole lot of nine-tails kicking ass, a scene that felt completely out of Katamari Damacy, and an epic twist.

For the first time in a very long time, I really truly want to find out what's going to happen next week in Naruto.
Mar 12, 2009 10:18 PM
Sep 2007
I guess we should all thank Hinata for dying, huh?

jeez, I mean 8, almost 9 tails, Naruto's revelation of his Father (man, just imagine Naruto after this fight "Heck yeah! I'm the 4th Hokage's son. Outta my way world, the new Hokage's coming!"), Pain's fast approaching death.

This is the kind of chapter we've been waiting for for awhile now, huh?
Mar 12, 2009 10:31 PM

Nov 2007
absolutely ridiculous. everything was great about it. from yamato's reaction, to the 8 tailed muscular fox which looked awesome and gross at the same time to the 4th showing up.

so his spirit is alive but not the body i guess. very raw emotion being shown, i like it.
Mar 12, 2009 10:31 PM

May 2008
07704706 said:
Whatttttttttt this freakin awesome i cant till next week
I agree!!!
Mar 12, 2009 10:37 PM
Oct 2007
words cannot explain how awesome this chapter was... waiting anxiously for next one
Mar 12, 2009 10:42 PM

Apr 2007

Mar 12, 2009 10:46 PM

Feb 2008
that was the best chapter in awhile dont want to wait another week for a new chapter
Mar 12, 2009 10:48 PM

Oct 2008
ccnavi said:
I guess we should all thank Hinata for dying, huh?

jeez, I mean 8, almost 9 tails, Naruto's revelation of his Father (man, just imagine Naruto after this fight "Heck yeah! I'm the 4th Hokage's son. Outta my way world, the new Hokage's coming!"), Pain's fast approaching death.

This is the kind of chapter we've been waiting for for awhile now, huh?

She's not dead >_> You must have missed the panel she was in a few chapters back when she was calling out to him.
Mar 12, 2009 10:57 PM

Jun 2008
Minato FTW!
Mar 12, 2009 10:58 PM

Jul 2008
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

BRAIN EXPLODED.

It's safe to say I did not see that ending coming. OMFG. CLIFFHANGER OF DOOM MUCH!?!?!?!?!??!?

MINATO!!!!!!!!!!

BEGINNER
Mar 12, 2009 11:01 PM

Aug 2008
1. Naruto! What the f*ck were you thinking trying to unseal ALL NINE TAILS! MORON!
2. The 4th showing up is a huge, "suck my d*ck! I know what the hell I'm doing!" from Kishimoto.
3. HOLY SH*T! X9000
Mar 12, 2009 11:02 PM
Jan 2008
Viperslayer said:
HOLY FREAKING CRAP
HOLY FREAKING CRAP
HOLY FREAKING CRAP
HOLY FREAKING CRAP
HOLY FREAKING CRAP
HOLY FREAKING CRAP
HOLY FREAKING CRAP
HOLY FREAKING CRAP
HOLY FREAKING CRAP
HOLY FREAKING CRAP
HOLY FREAKING CRAP
HOLY FREAKING CRAP
HOLY FREAKING CRAP
HOLY FREAKING CRAP
HOLY FREAKING CRAP

PandaPuff said:

pretty much sums this chapter lmao!
Mar 12, 2009 11:17 PM

Feb 2008
Miertje86 said:
Nice chapter, the eight-tail looks very cool and Naruto is finally gonna find out who his father is.
As alway I can't wait for next week!

just did hehe. bout damn time too. hes strong enough to not let it go to his head like it might have when he was younger.

well that was unexpected, but i would imagine one of the best ninja to come alive would put some sort of fail safe in place. one hell of a fail safe this is.

speaking of strong, he pretty much started to break down as soon as hinata went down. i guess this will be the final hurdle before he really becomes the sort of ninja they all expect him to be.

training session with his ghost father.... that would be sweet

what did he mean by calling it even? that the fact he saw his son offsets having to deal with the nine tail once again?
Mar 12, 2009 11:17 PM

Oct 2007
Absolutely great. With 8 tails, I fully expect people to start dying. Excellent intro for the 4th Hokage though. Ass is going to be kicked.

Also great artwork this chapter.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Mar 12, 2009 11:23 PM

Jul 2008
Holy crap =D awsome chapter Maybe the 4th will learn Naruto a "kick pain's ass so hard his mother will cry" move =p
Mar 12, 2009 11:26 PM

Jul 2008
Mar 12, 2009 11:30 PM

Apr 2008
wow... just wow. i'm shocked. the 4th appearing in the chapter and revealing that Naruto is his son? FUCKING EPIC. EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC. The story is moving in HIGH speed... I can't deal with 18 pages... 30 is a must... this is ridiculous. The suspension and the patience needed to wait for next week... OMGZ.... kill myself...

Hinata... you caused the story to unfold in ways unimaginable.... wow...

Question: Maybe the seal needs to be almost broken to the point of near death for Naruto to control the 9 tail fox completely?? I hope Kishimoto keeps up the Naruto side of the plot next chapter rather than the "save Hinata" one... I'd die if it was only a page or two where we find out what happens next with the 4th...
Mar 12, 2009 11:40 PM

Feb 2008
xdzzz said:
Question: Maybe the seal needs to be almost broken to the point of near death for Naruto to control the 9 tail fox completely?? I hope Kishimoto keeps up the Naruto side of the plot next chapter rather than the "save Hinata" one... I'd die if it was only a page or two where we find out what happens next with the 4th...

no because he was or is in a very vulnerable situation right now. hes mentally weakened and he really didn't know what to do at this point. that's not the kind of state that anyone would be in in order to control that much power. the nine tail has always urged him to use more and more of it's power and so far it is believed to be a bad idea. initially he could use its chakra without any damage up to the first tail, so one might might think that he needs to do something else to prevent being consumed entirely.
Mar 12, 2009 11:48 PM

Jul 2007
omg that was pretty amazing.. I was almost in tears when Yondy showed up *__*
Mar 12, 2009 11:49 PM

Jul 2007
Great... not.

If the kyuubi bullshit could be accounted for KIshi's usual "bad writing syndrome", this felt like some sort of fanfiction.

Minato?

Gimme a break.

What's next? Jiraya swimming out of sea alive? 10 clowns in the clown car invading Konoha? Naruto is Madara?!

Oh! Wait! The Moon is a big egg and Rikkudou sennin will hatch from it looking like a chicken!!!!!111

-__-

The ONLY good thing of this chapter is that finally the nine tails tardism is stopped.

THE bad thing is that it not only destroyed last char developing moments of Naruto(having to be stopped like that), but also brought back(even if temporarily) a character who was dead and should have stayed dead.

Was there any point on using Minato there? No.
Mar 13, 2009 12:06 AM
Dec 2007
Naruto's father!!! Awwwh =(
That brought tears to my eyes... actually. o.o' *is in a very emo state right now, though* x3x3

Such a cute ending =D=D
Mar 13, 2009 12:08 AM
Jul 2018
:D
Minato!!!

Ahh, poor Yamato
"Six?!"
"EIGHT?!?!!""
"NIIIIIIIIINEEEEEEEE [thousand]?!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!"

Actually looking forward to next week, mostly cause of Minato though :D
Mar 13, 2009 12:10 AM
Jul 2007
adamantine said:
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

BRAIN EXPLODED.

It's safe to say I did not see that ending coming. OMFG. CLIFFHANGER OF DOOM MUCH!?!?!?!?!??!?

MINATO!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 13, 2009 12:14 AM

Feb 2008
Fai said:

if they could resurrect gaara from the dead, what makes you think past dead people cant come back in some form or another. besides, he said that he was only to appear when the required tails are released in naruto's consciousness, not back from the dead. one could probably call him a ghost.

besides, this is just a story. anything can happen. maybe Jiraya will come back to life. at the very least that would raise some eye brows.
Mar 13, 2009 12:14 AM

Aug 2008
Fai said:
Great... not.

If the kyuubi bullshit could be accounted for KIshi's usual "bad writing syndrome", this felt like some sort of fanfiction.

Minato? Gimme a break.

What's next? Jiraya swimming out of sea alive? 10 clowns in the clown car invading Konoha? Naruto is Madara?!

Oh! Wait! The Moon is a big egg and Rikkudou sennin will hatch from it looking like a chicken!!!!!111

-__-

The ONLY good thing of this chapter is that finally the nine tails tardism is stopped.

THE bad thing is that it not only destroyed last char developing moments of Naruto(having to be stopped like that), but also brought back(even if temporarily) a character who was dead and should have stayed dead.

I gotta admit I agree with you... Just trowing to the trash all the charac development Kishimoto gave Naruto for who knows how many chappies is just retarded... And even if Naruto's mentally weakened, it's still retarded

I gotta say the action and the techniques and all surprise me, and that's good for me, yet it's a bad plot drive.... I hope this Pain Arc finishes soon!!!

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2009 12:16 AM

Oct 2007
PandaPuff said:

this.
Mar 13, 2009 12:27 AM

Jul 2007
kisami said:
Fai said:

if they could resurrect gaara from the dead, what makes you think past dead people cant come back in some form or another. besides, he said that he was only to appear when the required tails are released in naruto's consciousness, not back from the dead. one could probably call him a ghost.

besides, this is just a story. anything can happen. maybe Jiraya will come back to life. at the very least that would raise some eye brows.

One of thousands of ways Kishi could do that:

Naruto tries to outdo the seal. But if fails since, obviously half of Kyuubi is not in Naruto. Kyuubi in his evil manners goes on spamming how he hates Minato and spills the beans on Naruto being Minato's son.

Naruto then, by his own, for the sake of his father, his teachers, all those who died and got hurt, gets himself together(just as in-character Naruto would) and walks away from seal, with Kyuubi getting smaller/simpler.

Cue on the talk that he will keep his promises and reentering Sage Mode. After the fight he says that his Father's sacrifice would be in vain if Kyuubi goes out and kaboom the key seal frog appears. Cue to training

How Kishi did that:
Kyuubi, does not matter that half of him is in Death God, can get free, but lets worry not! Minato foresaw all this bullshit before he even died, added another seal no one knew about, so he can be magically revived and appear in front of Naruto with all the fairy dust!~ Oh and Hinata is alive!~ Oh and Rikudou created the moon!~
----------------------------

So thats the problem. Minato was not needed there. Kyuubi was not Needed there. Both of those developments only completely ruined whatever character development Naruto got through all the deaths, getting him right back at the start of Part II(where his character decay started), where he can't do anything by himself, rages all the time, lets fox do half the work, then has to be stopped by someone else and then rages again on weakened enemy.

You see, the whole developments, after the horridness of The Year Of Sasuke, ended, I actually was deceived that Kishi decided to more story normally without making the main worse and worse with every chapter.
Mar 13, 2009 12:33 AM

Jul 2008
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

Yeah!!!! Yeah!!!!

Minato came, and the nine tails was almost released!! Regardless of what other people think I greatly enjoyed this chapter!

Mar 13, 2009 12:35 AM

Jan 2009
holy hell! yeah, these chapters are frickin blowing my mind! i'm so glad i got off my ass and caught up with the current releases!

oh, and even tho (at this rate) it will take a while... i cant wait for this part to get animated! it'll be freakin sweet!

*does best Darth Vader impression* NARUTO! I AM YOUR FATHER! DON'T POP OUT YOU'RE 9TH TAIL!

lmao!

Mar 13, 2009 12:43 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
crowslayer91 said:
also, i love yamato's reaction to all of this
"shit. 6?"
"fuck! 8 !?"
"9!? ARE YOU SHITTING ME? WHY IS THIS HAPPENING"
hahahahaha. YUP.
Bakayaro said:
This chapter was an emotional roller coaster of, "DAMMIT, LOAD NEXT PAGE, LOAD!" Onemanga was being all laggy! Sweet Zombie Black Raptor Jesus that was awesome.
yesss for me too. took forever to load.
Bakayaro said:
Also, I need new pants. BBL
ROFLMFAO
solblade05 said:
I have a feeling that bricks will be Shat next week - hopefully :D
LOL
crazy_eights said:
absolutely ridiculous. everything was great about it. from yamato's reaction, to the 8 tailed muscular fox which looked awesome and gross at the same time to the 4th showing up.
yess the muscular fox looked soo cool.

I FUCKING CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE NEXT CHAPTER. IT'S GOING TO BE EPICCC

ps thank god Naruto will finally get a clue and realize the 4th's his father.
p r o f i l e 👀
Mar 13, 2009 12:44 AM

Aug 2007
I thought the scene between father and son was pretty cute X3
Mar 13, 2009 12:44 AM

Sep 2007
I doubt the 9-tails is going to kill anything. Minato will get Naruto to contain the 9-tails and then beat up Pein with his own power.
Mar 13, 2009 12:50 AM

Jan 2009
why are some of you not liking the appearance of minato? all it really shows is that he just made like a "fail-safe" into his original seal. and it's not like he's "back", it was just his image. kinda like a recording. lol.

i kinda see the point about "naruto loosing control, somebody has to reel him in" being kinda lame, but i'm sure most of you realize that in terms of story, you kinda have to expect Naruto to come just THAT much closer to breaking the kyuubi seal. you cant think that just because he trained his ass off, got mature in like 2 days, strong enough to pwn pain's bodies like they were nothing, that you'll never ever see him go into kyuubi mode.

tho, i kinda expected to see naruto only get that close to completly breaking the seal if Sakura died/close to die. but for hinata? oh well, thats the power of confessions! lol

Mar 13, 2009 12:55 AM

Aug 2008
RyoHazuki224 said:
*does best Darth Vader impression* NARUTO! I AM YOUR FATHER! DON'T POP OUT YOU'RE 9TH TAIL!

lmao!
Duh hahahaha... Naruto is not Luke you know... I think he's still far from Minato's Level

Now that I analyze it, yeah Minato's appearance here was lame... I firstly thought it was Naruto with his long jacket... but no it was Minato... Yeah it's a recording,,, but why he? why not Naruto's mom? XD

Signs,
Green
Mar 13, 2009 12:58 AM

Mar 2008
There have only been a few moments where I can't wait to see the next Naruto, and this would be one of those times. And very touching "Father and son" reunion, question is will it be Jerry Springer or Oprah style? O.o
Mar 13, 2009 1:02 AM

Jan 2008
Enjoyed it. Although I thought it was far too easy for Pein to capture the 6 tailed Naruto.

And wtf is with all this butt love for 4, 6, and 8. Where the heck are my 5, and 7!
Mar 13, 2009 1:28 AM

Sep 2008
Minato's image appearing is a bit of a surprise. Will he teach Naruto some kind of technique or will he just monologue for a chapter or two?
Mar 13, 2009 2:05 AM

Jan 2009
Well, I did not like expected more action, the Pein jutsu promised to be the demonic is already broken. But anyway, was cool to know that the first owner of the Rinnegan created the moon and Naruto finally discovers who is his father. I hope the next chapter is more exciting.
Mar 13, 2009 2:31 AM

Dec 2008
waaaahhhh!!!! *minato's fangirl mode*
Mar 13, 2009 2:46 AM

Oct 2008
Damn you, CLIFFHANGER!!

Well, at least I don't have to wait a month like the Shonen Gangan releases.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.