Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (24) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 13, 2009 8:11 AM

Oct 2008
^ Confusing? How exactly o_0

You cant compare Season 1 to Season 2, since they are almost nothing a like.
Season 1 concentrates on Comedy, while Season 2 to is more about Drama.

Its obviously complicated for some people to understand. People that doesnt get whats going on then, use this link:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/infiltrator65a/inte%20buggat%20album/1236943573387.png
Eternal-DragonMar 13, 2009 8:30 AM
Mar 13, 2009 8:44 AM

Dec 2008
I enjoyed Second Season more than the First.
I enjoy more of the "After" parts, which is exactly what After Story is, I don't really like the build up of Tomoya having to choose a girl, it's just long & seen it all before lol.

---

Yes, lovely, brilliant Second Season, Glad we get to see the whole family together =).
I don't really mind the light bulb stuff as much, so it won't affect my view on Clannad =D

KyoAni/Key did a great job.

~Abs
Mar 13, 2009 8:47 AM
Jun 2008
i say very well done & yet this would be to say "Do you believe in miracles?"
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Mar 13, 2009 8:51 AM
Dec 2008
i love the ending, it's the best ending for this series. i cannot imagine how tomoya's can live if he see both of his loved one died. but i really wanna see ushio growing up. we cannot expect more of this series, can't we?
Mar 13, 2009 8:53 AM

Dec 2008
This ending was really strange. Actually, the whole episode was strange. I'm glad to see that they're a big Dango Daikazoku but it was out of place in my opinion. I wish they went further into Ryou's arc. I enjoyed it a lot when I played the game. And wow... Tomoyo is still the best in my eyes. :] I wish they'd make a OVA for the Tomoyo manga.

My favorite part of the episode.
Lunatic-krMar 13, 2009 9:16 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Mar 13, 2009 8:54 AM
Jun 2007
sigh. I fell for it again. Investing your emotions on an anime adapted from the Key games. should have learned better after watching Kanon that despite all the BAAWWWWWing in the middle part of the series, it will, should and must end with a happily-ever-after ending (with the aid of some supernatural phenomena). FFFFFFFUUUUU-
Mar 13, 2009 8:55 AM

Feb 2009
22 was 'ok'. It's clear they were only saving themselves from my wrath :)

The last part was clearly filler, once they had done the first 3/5ths and ensured I wasn't going to hunt them down and hurt them they just filled up the rest with a silly diversion.

I still want to kick someone for all the crying I was put through though.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Mar 13, 2009 8:57 AM

Jan 2009
Loved the show but was not a fan of the final episode.

щ(゚Д゚щ)
Mar 13, 2009 8:58 AM

Aug 2008
GilbertTheGarbo said:
Pretty disappointing ending to a good series in my opinion. They built up the suspense for good portion of episodes and just made it crash and burn like it didn't happen at all. I really wouldv'e prefered a sad ending to make it flow.

Same. I would rather they made this episode a sad ending, and then make the happy ending in the extra episode that is episode 23.

And I have to agree that this season was better than the first, but the ending wasn't so good.
Mar 13, 2009 8:59 AM

Dec 2008
Avarice said:
it will, should and must end with a happily-ever-after ending (with the aid of some supernatural phenomena). FFFFFFFUUUUU-

True. I wish it wasn't such a happy ending, like Air. Although I don't mind the supernatural phenomena. I wish it ended better, although the whole series was simply amazing.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Mar 13, 2009 9:04 AM

Jan 2009
I really enjoyed this series. I wasn't a huge fan of this episode though. I was going to give it a 10 til I watched the last ep.

I just really enjoyed watching Tomoya try and fix his life every time something tragic happened. Also, Kotomi-chan in her car was awesome! :D
Mar 13, 2009 9:27 AM

Dec 2007
Okay, the ending was nice, but I disliked it... It made the rest seem pointless, and took away the effect of all those touching episodes from 16 - 21.
It was just too unrealistic and "fairy-tale" like for me...
Mar 13, 2009 10:05 AM

Feb 2009
clannad- after story is soo good that i didnt really care that kyoani ended it the way it did.

i think that tomoya was having a dream and saw his life how it would have been without nagisa, but then he wakes up to find nagisa and baby ushio alive and well. i really dont know how else to put it. i thought the ending was perfect though ^_^

one of my favorites of all time for sure
Mar 13, 2009 10:18 AM
Mar 2008
Eternal-Dragon said:

Its obviously complicated for some people to understand. People that doesnt get whats going on then, use this link:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/infiltrator65a/inte%20buggat%20album/1236943573387.png

Thanks man, that helped me a lot to sort my ideas^^
Mar 13, 2009 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
draker said:
Epic ending is epic.
My favourite show ever. 10/10.

Cant put it any better than that. yay for happy ending

Mar 13, 2009 10:29 AM
Jul 2008
i dont know but this episode is just too good to be true. Although i would hope the very sad ending but this kind of ending just make me keep smiling to them. But since this series is about family so this very warm ending is perfect for it.

btw i would be more happy if they can make ushio ~after~ haha (^ ^)
Mar 13, 2009 10:29 AM

Jun 2007
Alright, I saw the episode airing on TBS but I had to watch it on poor quality keyhole instead of tv, because my area gets MBS, and for some reason they're an episode behind! T_T Anyway, what was bugging me was the beginning dialogue between the girl and the robot so I watched the raw today and I was able to hear the dialogue better, I rough translated it for my friend, so I thought I'd share here also, for those peeps that watched the raw and likes them spoilers:

MY OPINION:

Mar 13, 2009 10:56 AM

Apr 2007
Eternal-Dragon said:

An anime ending should NOT require a flowchart for comprehension (no matter how helpful it is).
Mar 13, 2009 10:57 AM

Aug 2008
That was some absolute bullshit. What they basically did was take all of the character development and the only emotionally moving part that happened in the show and erased it. Fuck you, Key. I'm dropping this to 3. Nothing that actually happened was any good. Fuuko couldn't even save this episode. The other world crap was nonsense...how did Ushio create her father? How does any of it make any sense? And then to go all the way back into time and somehow save Nagisa? That was too much. I would have dealt with them saving Ushio and just knocked it down a point, but saving Nagisa? And having that stupid montage?

Ughhh. I really am not watching any other Key series. Fuck the fall anime coming up. Since they don't take anything seriously, but yet present everything in an overserious manner I just don't understand at all how they thought this garbage was a good idea. If it weren't for the animation, and what little I saw of Fuuko and Sunohara, then I would give this show a 1.

Terrible.
Mar 13, 2009 11:00 AM
Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
That was some absolute bullshit. What they basically did was take all of the character development and the only emotionally moving part that happened in the show and erased it. Fuck you, Key. I'm dropping this to 3. Nothing that actually happened was any good. Fuuko couldn't even save this episode. The other world crap was nonsense...how did Ushio create her father? How does any of it make any sense? And then to go all the way back into time and somehow save Nagisa? That was too much. I would have dealt with them saving Ushio and just knocked it down a point, but saving Nagisa? And having that stupid montage?

Ughhh. I really am not watching any other Key series. Fuck the fall anime coming up. Since they don't take anything seriously, but yet present everything in an overserious manner I just don't understand at all how they thought this garbage was a good idea. If it weren't for the animation, and what little I saw of Fuuko and Sunohara, then I would give this show a 1.

Terrible.

anime =/= rl lol

Seriously though, Ushio didn't "create" her father. She only made a form that his counciousness could enter. Were you not smart enough to realise the connection between Nagisa always getting sick in the winter and the girl in the other world not being able to move in the winter? After the girl destroyed the other world, that link was gone so Nagisa wasn't able to get sick anymore, which means Nagisa wouldn't die.

I also don't think they went back in time, I think the world where Nagisa was still alive was just another world other than the one we've been following. When Tomoya's spirit left the other world, he became the Tomoya in the new world. (which is why he recognized and knew about what would happen to Nagisa)

Now we have a world where Nagisa would no longer get sick and they could once again build up there relationship but this time there's no girl in the other world to make her sick.

gg

P.S. don't blame me if some of my speculations aren't accurate, I only watched the raw episode.
OurSocialStatusMar 13, 2009 11:09 AM
Mar 13, 2009 11:16 AM

Aug 2008
Isn't that connection between Nagisa and Ushio proof that this all happens in the same timeline? If it really is just another world, then why did she care so much a bout that one world, and not just the other one with the happy people?

Answer, there was only one other world. Or were you just "not smart enough" to not process the words that Big Ushio told Robo Tomoya?

Essentially, they went back into time and presented everything from Nagisa's death forward as some kind of dream or delusion.

And what reason do we have to believe that Big Ushio was making her mother sick before she even existed?
Mar 13, 2009 11:19 AM

Oct 2008
It was pleasant to get a happy ending for the sake of happy endings, but I think the series would have been alright without it. I couldn't say that it'd be better or worse since that would have depended on how KyoAni would've ended it. At least people won't go into a fit of rage (noteDhero notwithstanding) or cut themselves out of sadness from a series that generally headed downward emotionally.

Overall I liked this season better than the first just for the emotional roller coaster it was: Them getting married, Nagisa dying, living with Ushio, reconciling family issues, Ushio dying; but I liked the ending of the first better. This was a very good series, but I wouldn't say perfect, but then again I've never rated anything perfect. It was nice to se where everyone was in life at during the montage with everyone.
Mar 13, 2009 11:32 AM
Mar 2008
First off let me say this, the Visual Novel had the same storyline as the anime, so blaming the anime for the ending is the same thing as saying "bleach sucks because aizen is the villain." despite that being the actual manga storyline as well.

The anime doesn't need a flowcharter either. It's pretty easy to understand if you've paid attention to the anime AT ALL.

1. Magic and light's were present from season 1. It's to be expected to carry over.
2. The 16-21 were not "Wasted" time. He had to get his father's light, without it he wouldn't have been able to make the "wish". Since as it SAID the lights had to combine to create the miracle(learn to listen).

Overall though, perfect anime, perfect music, perfect characters, perfect story, and perfect ending.

I just finished the visual novel, and overall Clannad+AS is BETTER then the VN. Sure you are missing out on the individual character ends, but that doesn't really matter since the entire package is better as a storyline compared to the disjointed VN storyline.

As i said before the ending is the same as the VN's ending. episode 21 where he collapses with her IS THE END OF THE VISUAL NOVEL'S BASE STORYLINE. Episode 22 is basically reloading the birth save and the true end. It's exactly how the story in the VN was meant to be taken as.

clannad+as? A+ 100%, 100/100,
Mar 13, 2009 11:36 AM

Aug 2007
ehhh...I would've preferred an ending that brought out some emotion in me. Oh well.

I liked the montage of all the old characters, good to see them. Though Fuuko was downright annoying, yech.

Mar 13, 2009 11:41 AM
Jun 2007
All those emotions, morals, and lessons i had on previous episodes lost its meaning after watching this episode.

Terrible. 1/10.
Mar 13, 2009 11:45 AM
Jun 2007
noteDhero said:

Terrible.
Mar 13, 2009 11:54 AM

Aug 2008
That doesn't make sense at alll...AND IT'S JUST PERRRRRFECT!!!
I never EVER thought that it'll have a happy ending..
I really LOVED it no matter what!!!
Mar 13, 2009 11:57 AM
Mar 2008
Drengot said:
All those emotions, morals, and lessons i had on previous episodes lost its meaning after watching this episode.

Terrible. 1/10.

Again no they didn't, If we didn't go through the 16-21 episodes, Tomoya wouldn't have gotten his father's light and therefore been unable to make the wish. The fact that that misery happens is what allows him to experience a good future.
Mar 13, 2009 12:19 PM
Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
Isn't that connection between Nagisa and Ushio proof that this all happens in the same timeline? If it really is just another world, then why did she care so much a bout that one world, and not just the other one with the happy people?

Answer, there was only one other world. Or were you just "not smart enough" to not process the words that Big Ushio told Robo Tomoya?

Essentially, they went back into time and presented everything from Nagisa's death forward as some kind of dream or delusion.

And what reason do we have to believe that Big Ushio was making her mother sick before she even existed?

Reread

"P.S. don't blame me if some of my speculations aren't accurate, I only watched the raw episode."
Mar 13, 2009 12:26 PM

Nov 2007
Great ending. It explained mostly everything in the openings, and I believe that they followed the visual novel well. Inspiring story.
Oo... and there's an extra episode too. :D

Got Milk?
Mar 13, 2009 12:47 PM

Mar 2009
I was confused about the ending but I knew that Key couldn't leave it all unfinished!
Brilliant ending, so glad about the way everything turned out perfect!
I couldn't wipe the huge smile off my face!
Mar 13, 2009 1:02 PM

Dec 2008
I think the ending seemed somewhat a little too happy...

But what the heck... that's what we want anyway XD

Great show!
Mar 13, 2009 1:16 PM
Dec 2007
i have to agree i was a little confused when Nagisa didn't die. Then i thought, "wait.... NAGISA DIDN'T DIE!!!!!! PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!" haha i was so happy and she turned out really pretty. it was a good ending, but i felt a little awkward at the end. i was expecting something else to happen that would make me cry (cause most things in this anime are super tear-jerkers) but it was actually happy! i was a little confused though because it's like Tomoya went back in time or something O.o
Mar 13, 2009 1:21 PM
Mar 2008
narutosangel said:
i have to agree i was a little confused when Nagisa didn't die. Then i thought, "wait.... NAGISA DIDN'T DIE!!!!!! PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!" haha i was so happy and she turned out really pretty. it was a good ending, but i felt a little awkward at the end. i was expecting something else to happen that would make me cry (cause most things in this anime are super tear-jerkers) but it was actually happy! i was a little confused though because it's like Tomoya went back in time or something O.o

That's exactly what happened, he used the power of the lights to get a second chance at a future together with nagisa. He actually died at the end of episode 21, that's why we never see him after Ushio's death.
Mar 13, 2009 1:26 PM
Dec 2007
Dark19989 said:
man!! Chiisana Te no Hira is a hell of a good song man its a tear making song.
And i wish to see clannad after story 22 final with subs man

you know you can watch it on www.megavideo.com right??
Mar 13, 2009 1:28 PM

Sep 2008
I liked the ending reaally, while it didnt make any sence that they simply rewinded and made her survive, i like it better than having nagisa and uchio dying.
some of the last episodes have simply had me in tears, but i really preferred the happy ending.

one question though, what to watch now?
Mar 13, 2009 1:28 PM
Dec 2007
Bladin said:
narutosangel said:

That's exactly what happened, he used the power of the lights to get a second chance at a future together with nagisa. He actually died at the end of episode 21, that's why we never see him after Ushio's death.

wait HE DIED? i don't think i caught that a week ago... i need to watch that one again X.X
i remembered Ushio dying.... that was incredibly sad.... don't really remember after that though. but that's super awesome how that happened. i was just kinda confused because they jumped time periods a lot so i was thinking "ok NOW what's happening?"
Mar 13, 2009 1:30 PM

Apr 2007
Bladin said:
Drengot said:

Terrible. 1/10.

Again no they didn't, If we didn't go through the 16-21 episodes, Tomoya wouldn't have gotten his father's light and therefore been unable to make the wish. The fact that that misery happens is what allows him to experience a good future.

Forgive me if I'm reading this wrong, but you sound almost rude. I'll admit, you are probably spot on. I honestly did not pay a bit of attention to the lights, and will keep a closer eye out when I rewatch the series without the weekly gaps in between.

I've never played the visual novel, so I'm not comparing it in any way. My feelings on the ending are based entirely on the anime. After I saw that flowchart and gave it some thought, I did understand the ending, however it still did not make me enjoy it. Using a supernatural power to alter the past felt like a deus ex machina to me (one of my least favorite plot devices). I'm not saying that is what it was, just how it felt. Clearly, after reviewing the flowchart, my past recollections, and your comment, I realize that the anime was building up to it, but it still left me unsatisfied.

I agree with you on most everything else, though. Perfect story, perfect characters, perfect music... I just disagree on the ending.
Mar 13, 2009 1:33 PM

Aug 2008
Zarkonis said:

Reread

"P.S. don't blame me if some of my speculations aren't accurate, I only watched the raw episode."

Then cut the condescension from a post speculating something if you aren't going to discuss it.
Mar 13, 2009 1:37 PM

Jul 2007
Happily ever after... but it's just such a sucker punch after those last few episodes.

Movie ending is better.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Mar 13, 2009 1:49 PM

Jul 2008
The "deus ex machina" magical ending really didn't bother me that much, for the sole fact that that's what the entire purpose of the last two seasons have been. They've been building up, hinting at it, and setting up this ending from the beginning. They were more or less saying, "Yo, these lights. You collect them, they grant wishes."

I mean hell, Yukine even blatantly explained the town mythos. There were a handful of references and explanations in the first season even. From the play, to Nagisa under the street lights in the first episode. I mean, they spent the entire series explaining it. If you needed a flow chart, you simply didn't pay enough attention imo =/

And that's fine, really. I just think people need to think twice before complaining about the ending. It really did fit well with the direction the series went and the path it took.

On a rather offtopic and random note, why the hell are there two topics for this?
BakayaroMar 13, 2009 1:57 PM

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Mar 13, 2009 2:00 PM

Oct 2007
saxdemigod said:
first: i am impressed and moved by the amount of people who have worked their asses off to learn this language

second: quite possibly the happiest episode of my life. i have played the game, i have listened to the drama cd's, im a clannad fanatic, and in the end, i feel that this episode, the episode that was to wrap up the entire story (and now you all understand why the dango daikazoku song is literally the conerstone of the show) did a fantastic job.

i will cherish this series for the rest of my life, bravo to kyoani for adeptly adapting the greatest love story ever told

watch people deny you of your truth and start comparing CLANNAD to Toradora! ><''
Mar 13, 2009 2:03 PM

Aug 2008
ZOMG A ROLLBACK!! O_O

This is actually the first anime to make me feel so scared about watching its last epsiode... but well...

The ending isn't that bad... I got no comment about the light orbs granting tomoya's wish.. I guess I'm okay with it.

First Season is still a lot better than the 2nd season.. Maybe because Kyou was my favourite character instead of nagisa >.>

Kotomi looks a bit weird in the ending O_o

The Fuko ending part is a bit too long... spanning 5mins... got a bit strained to skip it.. but all end perfectly well.

Clannad still is an unbelievably good anime and it will surely remain as my favourite anime for years to come....
Mar 13, 2009 2:06 PM

Jan 2009
Bladin said:
First off let me say this, the Visual Novel had the same storyline as the anime, so blaming the anime for the ending is the same thing as saying "bleach sucks because aizen is the villain." despite that being the actual manga storyline as well.

The anime doesn't need a flowcharter either. It's pretty easy to understand if you've paid attention to the anime AT ALL.

1. Magic and light's were present from season 1. It's to be expected to carry over.
2. The 16-21 were not "Wasted" time. He had to get his father's light, without it he wouldn't have been able to make the "wish". Since as it SAID the lights had to combine to create the miracle(learn to listen).

Overall though, perfect anime, perfect music, perfect characters, perfect story, and perfect ending.

I just finished the visual novel, and overall Clannad+AS is BETTER then the VN. Sure you are missing out on the individual character ends, but that doesn't really matter since the entire package is better as a storyline compared to the disjointed VN storyline.

As i said before the ending is the same as the VN's ending. episode 21 where he collapses with her IS THE END OF THE VISUAL NOVEL'S BASE STORYLINE. Episode 22 is basically reloading the birth save and the true end. It's exactly how the story in the VN was meant to be taken as.

clannad+as? A+ 100%, 100/100,

I totally agree, I wasn't confused at all. It's the perfect ending. People just don't understand the significance of the light orbs in this anime and I think that's why people are like 'wth is going on?'
Mar 13, 2009 2:24 PM
Nov 2007
Great ep and a great Serie i loved it
i always wait for anime series to be completed airing but with clannad its was just to damm great to wait

tobad we dont see a much older Ushio like 16 or 24 when she is realy grown up and then also a grown up daddy Tomoya.
and what did happend to the dad of tomoya?
and tobad the serie ended already :(
Mar 13, 2009 2:42 PM

Jan 2009
Key didn't just go "Surprise, it was all a dream, none of that really happened!"

That's not what's going on. Read up about (or play) the VN and then you will understand. And then you will love this episode instead of hating it!

Edit: There are two different storylines for the ending, and the anime melded them together, which makes it a bit confusing. But they didn't just make up some stupid dream sequence cop-out. It all has to do with the light orbs.
mana_goddessMar 13, 2009 2:54 PM
Mar 13, 2009 2:43 PM

Jan 2009
mana_goddess said:
Key didn't just go "Surprise, it was all a dream, none of that really happened!"

That's not what's going on. Read up about (or play) the VN and then you will understand. And then you will love this episode instead of hating it!

Agreed, all the previous episodes were significant.
Mar 13, 2009 2:46 PM

Jan 2008
It was a great happy ending :) I must say I didn't expect that :p
episode 23 must be really nice too, looking forward to it as well ^.^
Mar 13, 2009 2:57 PM

Jan 2009
(Copying over from the other thread)

Edit: There are two different storylines for the ending, and the anime melded them together, which makes it a bit confusing. But they didn't just make up some stupid dream sequence cop-out. It all has to do with the light orbs.
Mar 13, 2009 3:02 PM

Jul 2008
great series too bad next is the last episode of clannad for now i hope, a rollback ehh...
Pages (24) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

724 by Miyagi-Hana »»
Mar 9, 3:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.