Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Thoughts so far - Manga or Anime - which version are you most enjoying/preferring?

New
Which portrayal of the story do you enjoy more?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 27, 2014 3:59 PM
Oct 2013
makarov52 said:
YumeNoMonogatari said:
makarov52 said:
my prediction is they will adapt it until the arc where they are having school trip together.. hmm.. but the onsen scene I wonder how its gonna be XD

I think ending the anime on the Romeo and Juliette play would be the best choice.

ah yes.. maybe it would end on that chapter too.. :3
but really really hope it will be like one piece or naruto XD its gonna be really really good if its gonna be like that XD

elior1 said:
it will be a bold move for shaft to show original ending which the real girl open the locket but it will be the best ending for the anime for me

hmm.. I still think its not gonna be good.. because even in the manga.. the true girl still unknown yet.. they just know 1 piece of memory...
but well if you think its gonna be great then so be it.. :3

I think romeo and juliette play will be the ending of nisekoi anime season 1
And i think....the true girl is already dead...and she is marika twin sister ( LOL, just some crazy theory )
Jan 27, 2014 4:12 PM

Sep 2012
keboduduk said:

And i think....the true girl is already dead...and she is marika twin sister ( LOL, just some crazy theory )

NO! I had the same exact theory. That Marika is trying to carry on her sister's dying wish by marrying Raku. I always figured that since they were twins (assuming Marika had a twin) they shared what ever illness Marika has, but that her sister was too weak and could not survive. Though she'd always tell Marika tales about her old lover that made her otherwise tragic life so wonderful, thus leading Marika to fall in love with him as well. And given it's already been stated that Marika hasn't much time left, it stand to reason that her illness may be terminal.

I think the promise girl was either Chitoge or Marika's deceased twin. So you're not alone in your wild theory.
Jan 28, 2014 7:32 AM
Oct 2013
Ghost-Lightning said:
keboduduk said:

NO! I had the same exact theory. That Marika is trying to carry on her sister's dying wish by marrying Raku. I always figured that since they were twins (assuming Marika had a twin) they shared what ever illness Marika has, but that her sister was too weak and could not survive. Though she'd always tell Marika tales about her old lover that made her otherwise tragic life so wonderful, thus leading Marika to fall in love with him as well. And given it's already been stated that Marika hasn't much time left, it stand to reason that her illness may be terminal.

I think the promise girl was either Chitoge or Marika's deceased twin. So you're not alone in your wild theory.

Yup , there's a reason why i came up with this crazy theory....but i think this topics is not the place to discuss this. (currently waiting someone who will make topics about "theory and speculation in nisekoi" ) maybe..after marika appear in the anime
Jan 31, 2014 8:56 PM

Nov 2012
it started to get serious here and now.. :/
not sure if I'm gonna read it.. :/
Feb 1, 2014 2:49 AM

Jun 2013
I really like Shaft's work.
But the thing I like about the manga are the hilarious faces the characters make.
Can't think of an example at the top of my head but various doodlings(goofy styled drawings) scattered throughout the manga have had me laughing aloud
It's perhaps still too early to make comparisons.
Let's just sit back and enjoy Shaft's work and the anime adaption..
Feb 1, 2014 9:28 PM

Dec 2007
Wow, the votes are really tied up.

Personally I like the anime more because it's Shaft, it's colored and has an awesome voice cast.
Feb 5, 2014 8:06 PM

Jun 2012
As much as I like Shaft, I really don't feel their style really fits Nisekoi. All those cuts worked in Monogatari because it's dialogue heavy but for Nisekoi I feel its unnecessary. It might have been more fitting for J.C to have adapted this.

But it seems a lot of people are enjoying the series because of the Shaftiness, especially those that have not read the manga, so I guess I can't really complain since its attracting more viewers.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Feb 19, 2014 9:17 AM

Apr 2012
I prefer the manga version. So far I didn't like the anime, and most of it is because of Chitoge voice, I really hate it, it's irritating and, for me, did't suit the character. I'll probably drop because of this. At least I buy the manga.
Feb 19, 2014 1:50 PM

Mar 2013
Parisbelle said:
I appreciate that Shaft's style is fresh and creative which makes Nisekoi stand out from the massive collections of romcoms and harems out there.

Problem with this, I find, is that Shaft's style has a more sophisticated and intelligent (as in more thought provoking) feel which does not match Nisekoi's lightheartedness. Makes me feel that the anime is trying to be more than your run of the mill romcom which is not true. Nisekoi is the average romcom but that's its charm. By trying to make it appear more, the anime comes off as fake.

Say as you like, I just can't help but constantly think why is this scene being more dramatic than it needs to be or why waste so much time emphasizing a spoken phrase when it doesn't hold much meaning, when it comes down to it?

This makes a lot of sense. I'm a fan of Shaft and like how Nisekoi has turned out so far, but it was a strange fit, at first. It still works here and is pretty good, but I agree their style is utilized best on more dramatic material.

With that in mind, I still prefer it over the art of the manga, which I just started. But I'm already noticing discrepancies and cut scenes. I like both versions of the story, but I'll begrudgingly choose the manga.
Feb 20, 2014 4:45 PM

Sep 2011
The manga's art is subpar, but the Anime has far more interesting visuals...
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Feb 21, 2014 8:07 PM

Oct 2013
Definitely enjoying the manga a lot more, on parts where the back ground is only solid colour with just straight lines around the corners is very unpleasant to see in the anime. Furthermore the audio/music production of the anime is disappointing in my opinion.
Feb 22, 2014 3:30 AM
Feb 2014
I personally like the manga more right now. I read the manga after I saw this anime and liked it. Now that I caught up with the manga, I'm basically annoyed on how much fillers there are and that they just rotate between every girl. I now know the feeling of hating to read a filler of a manga that you have been waiting for a week.
5 Centimeters Per Second - Or what I'd like to call as 5 Anime Wallpapers Per Second.
Feb 22, 2014 4:31 AM
Jul 2013
shadedclan said:
I personally like the manga more right now. I read the manga after I saw this anime and liked it. Now that I caught up with the manga, I'm basically annoyed on how much fillers there are and that they just rotate between every girl. I now know the feeling of hating to read a filler of a manga that you have been waiting for a week.

As much as I'd like to see Raku actually end up with Marika already, I really don't have a problem with the "filler". I got into the manga like a yearish ago and I kinda knew it would go this way. The manga is weekly, and its like 20 pages every week, so that's awesome. I really do like the plot in the manga, but it was never really the main focus, its a manga more so based on the friendships and relationships of all the characters in it. I totally get where you're coming from, but bear in mind the actual plot is the side story here. haha
Feb 24, 2014 12:21 AM
Oct 2013
Currently the manga just full of filler....adding new harem and shit
Theres no progression about the "promising girl" or "marika mysterious behaviour (she hide something...i know that ) "
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2014

494 by Shyne_KZ »»
Apr 12, 5:28 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

484 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Jan 1, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

237 by Term4738 »»
Dec 23, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 17, 2014

286 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2014

264 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.