Forum Settings
Forums

Is it weird for a grown man to watch anime or read manga that is directed towards young children?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 15, 2014 12:20 AM

Jan 2013
hireshi said:
Let's face it, it's weird.

Of course people on this website will argue that its normal, but all the people here are the same.

If someone were to place a hidden camera, in a room of a 30-40 year old man watching an obvious chibi/loli kind of anime, people would roll their eyes.

There is a reason most people who are into anime doesn't really have much of a social life, or many friends. Mainly the people into this kind of stuff, are the weird ones of society.

That's a pretty damn narrow understanding of a community as diverse as the anime community.

But guess what? Since you're here on this website, your criticisms apply to you as well.

Welcome to the club of degenerates and socially awkward weirdos, brah.
Salmon is delicious.
Jan 15, 2014 12:35 AM

Oct 2007
Exaccus said:
hireshi said:

Of course people on this website will argue that its normal, but all the people here are the same.

If someone were to place a hidden camera, in a room of a 30-40 year old man watching an obvious chibi/loli kind of anime, people would roll their eyes.

There is a reason most people who are into anime doesn't really have much of a social life, or many friends. Mainly the people into this kind of stuff, are the weird ones of society.

That's a pretty damn narrow understanding of a community as diverse as the anime community.

But guess what? Since you're here on this website, your criticisms apply to you as well.

I never excluded myself.
But I can admit I have never really watched obvious kid stuff, except Pokemon or Digimon, and they both aired on television when I was a child.
Hireshi.com - Join today! Working on streaming Japan/Korean drama & movies, as well as anime.
(this will come when the main site is up)
I take avatar/ signature & profile/intro picture requests. Message me with reference.
Tutorial on how to resize GIF images in Photoshop CS3(avatars,signatures)
Jan 15, 2014 12:43 AM

Nov 2011
hireshi said:
Exaccus said:
hireshi said:

I never excluded myself.
But I can admit I have never really watched obvious kid stuff, except Pokemon or Digimon, and they both aired on television when I was a child.
Just to remind everyone I don't watch the loli and Moe crap.
Jan 15, 2014 12:45 AM

Oct 2007
BlackSabotage said:
hireshi said:
Exaccus said:
hireshi said:

I never excluded myself.

Kudos to you, sir.
Hireshi.com - Join today! Working on streaming Japan/Korean drama & movies, as well as anime.
(this will come when the main site is up)
I take avatar/ signature & profile/intro picture requests. Message me with reference.
Tutorial on how to resize GIF images in Photoshop CS3(avatars,signatures)
Jan 15, 2014 6:22 PM

Nov 2011
hireshi said:
BlackSabotage said:
hireshi said:
Exaccus said:
hireshi said:

I never excluded myself.

Kudos to you, sir.
Just saying.
Jan 16, 2014 2:04 AM

Oct 2009
I don't think it is weird. I watched Ghibli movies as well as Pixars.
PS: If you're thinking it was weird, than I'd say that you're overcautious of oneself, or towards pedophilic tendencies and perversion in general.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Jan 16, 2014 7:02 AM

Sep 2012
Well it's normal for me *but it's weird if when they're make some creepy grinning when reading or watching it*
Jan 16, 2014 10:19 AM
Dec 2013
No, it's not a crime for a grown man to watch/read something that is directed towards children. I don't see what the problem is.
Jan 16, 2014 10:20 AM
Dec 2013
MugenRyuugen said:
Well it's normal for me *but it's weird if when they're make some creepy grinning when reading or watching it*

Not unless this happens.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Anime you only knowledges about is from the memes

Spunkert - 5 hours ago

13 by -Aurelius- »»
10 seconds ago

Poll: » Do you tend to watch newer seasonal shows, or older shows?

Akuya - Apr 17

46 by InsomniacBastard »»
3 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 2 hours ago

17 by BitChilly »»
7 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

79 by JokAris »»
8 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 4 hours ago

30 by MadanielFL »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.