Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Nisekoi Episode 1 Discussion

Jan 14, 2014 11:20 AM
WOW!
SHAFT has been great, dealing with more serious stories and plots, so I never expected them to pick up a semi-light-hearted romance anime. But man, am I ever so glad they did! Even though only one episode is out, they have made that episode declare, "We are the shit!" I honestly wasn't sure how this would turn out. But the fact that a romantic comedy is being made so well with SHAFT's style only proves just how amazing and adaptive they can be.

This first episode has made a greater impression on me than any other anime since SnK. And to the lot of you, that's saying a lot!

Jan 14, 2014 12:04 PM

HowTragic said:
This MC.

-> Gets kneed in the face. Gets the shit beaten out of him, treated like crap all the time.

-> Continues to interact with her. Offers his notes to her right seeing that she was having trouble in class.

Impeccable. Does he lack basic preconventional reward/punishment decision making skills? Or is getting abused all the rage nowadays?

Sasuga the manga that made me rage. Well, let's enjoy another 2-cour adaption of a spineless, worthless MC stuck in a generic harem plot setting between a monster tsundere and a Mary Jane shy girl, where the only way the plot continues is by being vague about who has the key, and causing a bunch of convenient misunderstandings.

Cheers to mediocrity and headdesks.

100% agreed. The only reason I'm watching it is because I've suffered through the manga and I'm curious to see how SHAFT adapts it.

Jan 14, 2014 2:30 PM

OK this looks fun, especially the knee to the face part ^_^

Jan 14, 2014 4:47 PM

So we two yakuza children and one of them is a dangerous tsundere.

We also have a love triangle incoming... This look promising :P

It's always so easy to identify Shaft style. I didn't before watching that it was them doing it and when I saw the first classroom scene, just by scenery, it was obvious. One of my favorite studio :3
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

Jan 14, 2014 9:17 PM

only thing i can say...

<3 shaft ^_^
Romance Anime List

Romance Anime List

3DS friend code 3325-2089-7587 (pm yours)

Jan 15, 2014 12:55 AM

This was beyond my expectation, I thought it was gonna be a disappointing adaptation. But the animation is CLOSE, if not exactly, like the art in the manga.

And that OST, especially the one at the end after the credits. Sounds like something I hear from a RPG or Zelda lol

Other than that, Chitoge is twice as bitchy as she is due to her voice actor, but she gets better later on =/

And I really did get that Bakemonogatari unique feeling in their animation, like the scene changes.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro

Jan 15, 2014 5:32 AM

I'm probably just not in the mood to watch this kind of show, but this type of characters are so painful to watch and it's so cliche that i don't even.....well the animation is good since its shaft, but meh.
tuturu~!! (≧◡≦)

Jan 15, 2014 5:40 AM
That was fucking atrocious. The only redeeming thing were some of the seiyuu. Dropped.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein

Jan 15, 2014 10:26 AM

Good first episode. The only thing I didn't like was the Shaft moments and I wish it was a JC Staff animation instead.

Jan 15, 2014 3:27 PM

This is literally perfect. I'm shocked at how awesome Shaft made the adaptation. Can't wait for more. Romeo and Juliet arc to end please.
Nowhere in the Humpty Dumpty nursery rhyme does it state that Humpty is an egg.
"See you later, space cowboy." -moot 1/23/2015

Jan 15, 2014 3:34 PM

GuiltyKing said:
That was fucking atrocious. The only redeeming thing were some of the seiyuu. Dropped.

Just.. LOL!

minouneetzoe said:
So we two yakuza children and one of them is a dangerous tsundere.

We also have a love triangle incoming... This look promising :P

It's always so easy to identify Shaft style. I didn't before watching that it was them doing it and when I saw the first classroom scene, just by scenery, it was obvious. One of my favorite studio :3

Its probably more than just triangle, I'm feeling something like a harem. (I've not read the manga, that's the reason I said "feeling")

Jan 15, 2014 4:05 PM

Well I been waiting for this ever since I saw news of it in the manga. I have to say I was pretty happy with the animation style even if it's not how I expected it to be. I'll probably get used the character designs and style as I watch more episodes I guess, wasn't that bad though. The voice actors/ actresses, seemed pretty fitting for the chars introduced so far so they did a pretty good job there.
I'm interested to know how they'll end this exactly...I'm wondering if they'll opt for an anime only ending rather than a open ending, guess only time will tell I guess. Can't wait for the next episode now. :)

Jan 15, 2014 5:56 PM

I wouldn't mind if they would do an original ending, and if it is an open ending, there probably gonna go for the Romeo and Juliet play.

If its 2 cour(26 episodes) which I hope.

Jan 15, 2014 7:07 PM

Good 1st episodes,hope it wont go anime original ending route.
VA fit's well tho' it wasnt surprising considering their previous roles.
[ KanaHana Yandere switch X Kinpatsu saruShojo X Nyaruko~ ]
and if it's popular enough with BD,manga sales etc,they can do a Hidamari style chronicles~

-ERROR 404-
-Cannot find Plot Server-

Jan 15, 2014 9:24 PM

i think i'm gonna continue reading the manga instead of watching the anime.

Jan 15, 2014 11:33 PM

SHAFT and Nisekoi. Freakin awesome combination!

Jan 16, 2014 12:24 AM

Great epi. It kind of stayed safe by following the manga introduction with some original humor in between.

I must say, Raiku always reminded me of Hachiman from Oregairu lol. Would be awesome if 8man was in this anime hahah.
Yahari <3

Jan 16, 2014 7:21 AM

OOOOMG! This is the BEST

Jan 16, 2014 8:37 AM

Loved it! I normally find girls like Chitoge annoying but she was fine X_x.
I always love me some funny Yakuza :D
Shaft being shaft!

Jan 16, 2014 11:28 AM

as expected of shaft you get the monogatari feeling I hate it a lot -_- Because of it I dropped Bakemono and Arakawa (but completed it later on )
But Great story leaving the animation which is what I hate :"|
5/5

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC

Jan 16, 2014 2:27 PM

Not really impressed by the initial plot and first impressions of all the characters. I didn't feel excited about them during the episode.

However, what I do like about the show is that the art style is quite tame for a Shaft title compared to the monogatari series. I had a completely different vibe to it. Gone for the most part are the abstract backgrounds so signature of that series and it is closer to something 'normal', which is a good thing to add variety to their collection of works.

Another OP using a ClariS song and to me, it always sounds bland on first hearing. I'm looking forward to this show developing more as time goes on.

Jan 16, 2014 3:13 PM

Already loving it!
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato

Jan 16, 2014 9:35 PM

That obligatory Shaft animation, expressions and backgrounds.

I'm not really sure who I like better though. I'm not really fond of tsundere characters such as Chitoge, but Onodera to me doesn't stand out very well. Then again, Chitoge is a real beauty while Onodera is voiced by the legendary KanaHana.

I'll see how this continues.

Jan 16, 2014 11:12 PM

Dat shaftnimation.... not bad this time around.

This is going to be great anime, no doubt.

Jan 17, 2014 1:47 AM
I didn't enjoyed it.. i was near to drop this anime.
Well looking forward for next episode so i can decide.

Jan 17, 2014 2:07 AM
Boy, I hope people are being sarcastic when they are calling this "anime of the season". How does it have an 8.x score?

Aside from how cliched it is (which isn't in itself bad, per se) not one aspect of the episode grabbed my attention. The art style is OK when it's not in Monogatari mode but that's about it.

Wow, Chitoge is a bitch. Great.

Jan 17, 2014 2:17 AM
Why does everyone seem to hate shaft or whatever the studio company is?
I thought this episode was ok(though coming from a newbie like me :/)
Did they have bad anime in the past?

Jan 17, 2014 2:20 AM
ScazoN said:
Why does everyone seem to hate shaft or whatever the studio company is?
I thought this episode was ok(though coming from a newbie like me :/)
Did they have bad anime in the past?

Madoka Magica,
The Monogatari series, and
Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei
are all great shows, but the art style hasn't changed throughout any of them. They might as well trademark the head tilt.

People are mostly upset because it's being used for an average romantic comedy when it fits a supernatural show like Bakemonogatari or some sort of zany comedy like Sensei.

Jan 17, 2014 5:55 AM

Onodera <3 Chitoge isn't half-bad either. I am conflicted with my pairings but so far, I am team Onodera for now, I love pure, nice girls. I am most interested in that glasses girl to-be-introduced yet.

This looks like a reverse version of Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun so far, it even has chickens!

Awesome start! 9/10

Jan 17, 2014 7:53 AM

I thought this was pretty boring and predictable, expected much more from this. I loved the Shaft style and music, but the storyline so far is horrible.

Jan 17, 2014 7:59 AM

Ah some glimpse of Shafts antiques and so much revealed and hints given already
Kirisaki looked like a taller female lead from MM!

It was funny and entertaining so far not very original, but still interesting enough to follow

Eck, hair smelling like gunpowder

Jan 17, 2014 2:21 PM

Die-hard shipping... begin.
Weekly light novel releases (from 20/10/2014)
Bestselling light novel volumes of the year/all time* (and more in the same club).
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.

Jan 17, 2014 2:40 PM

This is going to be GOOD.
IDC about the shipping yet, we'll see. But I'm so looking forward for more!

Jan 17, 2014 7:59 PM

Don't see this as being boring, the manga is good in my eyes, I had to laugh when they said that this is the worst of the season, I believe no rin is just bad, silver spoon with ecchi thats great...not

But hey people have different opinions

Jan 18, 2014 5:40 AM

I would just like to tell people since I follow the manga, you shouldn't judge an anime a lot based on the 1st episode, though it does have a big effect. Since it is SHAFT, they should be able to handle "adapting" this anime nicely. Doing a RomCom should be easy for the awesome and unique SHAFT. I hope it at has least has 26 episodes since the manga is quite far already.

I like the SHAFTness of the anime reminded me of Bakemonogatari and Zetsubou-sensei.

Jan 18, 2014 6:27 AM

booyah10 said:
I would just like to tell people since I follow the manga, you shouldn't judge an anime a lot based on the 1st episode, though it does have a big effect. Since it is SHAFT, they should be able to handle "adapting" this anime nicely. Doing a RomCom should be easy for the awesome and unique SHAFT. I hope it at has least has 26 episodes since the manga is quite far already.

I like the SHAFTness of the anime reminded me of Bakemonogatari and Zetsubou-sensei.

I feel the same way

Jan 18, 2014 12:03 PM

So far so good, lol and as expected from SHAFT.
OP was okay i guess.
Modified by Sylverith, Jan 18, 2014 12:37 PM
I don't follow any of the threads that i'm in.

Jan 18, 2014 12:05 PM

Nice gangs, we need more gangs.
More gangs = more girls that want the D.
Yes, epic.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.

Jan 18, 2014 2:12 PM

omg that ending, love this series already!

Jan 19, 2014 2:04 AM

Fan of the manga, but I'm not digging the whole SHAFT thing going on. I feel like it works damn well for Bakemono and Sayonara, but Nisekoi.... Not so much.

It's only the first episode though, so perhaps it will get better, but those close up scenes and stuff just don't feel right for now.
Touch me, you filthy casual~

Jan 19, 2014 8:27 AM
Getting a good feel on this series. And the SHAFT-like effects are good to see again, had quite a good laugh on this. Also, Nice ED by ClariS. Hoping this would be a good story and a good comedy as well.

Jan 19, 2014 9:02 AM

Trash show, dropped.

Con: (because there is no pro)

- typical tsunere main girl
- beta fag MC
- male abuse by females
- common sense not available
- shaft animation looks tagged on and doesn't work
- generic without restraint
- not funny
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXwerVFCY-50PTBnedey1PQ

Jan 19, 2014 4:07 PM

watched this last night and really enjoyed it. its in fact the 2nd winter 2014 anime i managed to sit through the whole first episode (space dandy was the other).

i really enjoyed the snarky comments the MC made to himself, and of course, the shaft-ness of it all is a + to me personally.

Jan 19, 2014 5:51 PM
I am pretty disappointed in the yelling scenario. It had less impact than I was expecting and less impact than what was done in the drama CD. Shouldn't have changed the VAs...

Jan 19, 2014 10:15 PM

don't think it's going to beat the manga, considering how the first episode went.

and haha! i called kanazawa as onodera ever since.

Jan 21, 2014 9:16 AM

Well it wasn't bad, though like some other it was sort of off putting with the typical SHAFT animating style, it just doesn't really fit the theme of the show, while it could bring out an interesting side, not all of them are SHAFT fans. Myself for one, think that this style only fits the Monogatari series.

I am going to drop this show for now since I've read the manga up to 6x chapters, but if the anime ever decided to went into an anime original ending, I'll be sure to come back, otherwise, ciao.

Edit: Ain't this sort of overrated now that it's in the 300s? -.-
Modified by ToG25thBaam, Jan 21, 2014 9:20 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Jan 21, 2014 12:21 PM

Damn, been putting this off for a while, but I've been excited to start the anime adaption. Somehow Raku's voice seems perfect, as well as Kosaki's... I wasn't too fond of Chitoge's voice at first, but now I'm fine with it.

I wonder if that ending theme will be the opening or not, guess I'll find out in episode 2.

Anyway, seems like a good adaption so far. I just can't wait til they get into the heavier facial expressions, I hope they can pull them off as good as the manga. xD

Jan 22, 2014 7:08 AM

Nice start with a great knee to the face but why did shaft monogatarised this show, i adore monogatari but right now i don't have the feeling this show should have been set in the same type of animation IMO also why did they had pink in the end of Chitoge hair i don't recall her having such color in the official color design ? Anyway i'll stick to this show because i like the manga and see how it goes.

Jan 22, 2014 7:56 AM
Not that I know a lot about Gangs or the Mafia in Japan but...The leaders are pretty shitty bosses if they can't even control their underlings from fighting in town with the other boss' underlings. It might make more sense except that the two leaders admitted to being friends. And I'm pretty sure the mafia / gang leaders would see through such a stupid farce in an instant.
Mafia leaders in all others forms that I've seen are LEADERS for a reason. If the two of them we're friends, they'd simply say to their men: "stop fighting and get along" or they'd have them killed in front of everyone...
Add: what terrible parents to force their own problems onto their children. When your a "Lord" of any kind, your family is your absolute number one primary person's of importance. Your children are your successors and they are irreplaceable. You are strict with them, you teach them everything you know, and the only thing you usually force onto them is the fact that they must continue the bloodline as the next "boss".
The flashy colours and OST have fooled everyone else into believing the premise of the story was well thought through, but I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going. Dx
There's just too much wrong with this series... but I'll continue watching it until it gets bad. Thankfully the plot is the only thing with any problems so far.

Jan 22, 2014 8:06 AM

T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
Not that I know a lot about Gangs or the Mafia in Japan but...The leaders are pretty shitty bosses if they can't even control their underlings from fighting in town with the other boss' underlings. It might make more sense except that the two leaders admitted to being friends. And I'm pretty sure the mafia / gang leaders would see through such a stupid farce in an instant.
Mafia leaders in all others forms that I've seen are LEADERS for a reason. If the two of them we're friends, they'd simply say to their men: "stop fighting and get along" or they'd have them killed in front of everyone...
Add: what terrible parents to force their own problems onto their children. When your a "Lord" of any kind, your family is your absolute number one primary person's of importance. Your children are your successors and they are irreplaceable. You are strict with them, you teach them everything you know, and the only thing you usually force onto them is the fact that they must continue the bloodline as the next "boss".
The flashy colours and OST have fooled everyone else into believing the premise of the story was well thought through, but I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going. Dx
There's just too much wrong with this series... but I'll continue watching it until it gets bad. Thankfully the plot is the only thing with any problems so far.

Genre: Comedy
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »