Forum Settings
Forums

New 'Sailor Moon' Series Due July 2014 [Update 4/27]

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

Feb 7, 2014 2:37 AM
kuzronk said:
minimiau said:
My only wish is to know why tori is delaying too much sailor moon??

Likely for it to be the best it can be (and not rushed) and for it to be dubbed as well.
I sincerely hope that's true. My expectations for the series is much higher now because of the extended delay. On that note, it's good to know that there is a set date for it to be revealed, but still, July is a long way off.
Modified by emeraldrosary, Feb 7, 2014 4:32 AM

Feb 7, 2014 3:39 AM

Are they going with the original VAs? I sure hope so :o
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Feb 7, 2014 4:31 AM

xchee said:
Are they going with the original VAs? I sure hope so :o

I can't imagine Usagi with other seiyuu... And when I think of her being voiced by, dunno, KanaHana, or Rei with tsundere voice of Rie Kugimiya... That would be terrible, god. Well, new Slayers had whole old cast, so I hope the same thing can also be done here.

Feb 7, 2014 7:26 PM

who will the cast be is the question.

Feb 7, 2014 7:59 PM

Setsuna200 said:
who will the cast be is the question.
Will it actually come out in July 2014 is the _real_ question!!! There still hasn't been much at all said or shown about this for a show starting in July.

Apr 27, 2014 1:04 AM

News Update
According to Nico Live, the new main cast has been announced.

Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino: Kotono Mitsuishi
Sailor Mercury/Ami Mizuno: Hisako Kanemoto
Sailor Mars/Rei Hino: Rina Satou
Sailor Jupiter/Makoto Kino: Ami Koshimizu
Sailor Venus/Minako Aino: Shizuka Itou

It was also announced that the anime will be remade and will start streaming on July 5, 2014, ever first and third Saturdays of the month.

Source: Yaraon, ANN
Modified by Naruleach, Apr 27, 2014 11:22 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Apr 27, 2014 6:27 AM

Well, at least Usagi is going to have her original voice.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Apr 27, 2014 7:48 AM

It's been a long wait, and still a little bit left, but I'm really happy to have a set date to look forward to! I have high expectations, which I guess could be a bad thing. But I really hope I won't be disappointed. It'll be interesting since this new adaption is supposed to follow the manga closer, but I'm also interested to see what kind of changes they do like if they make it more modern (ex. fashion wise). Anyway, very excited!!

Apr 27, 2014 8:43 AM

Kotono still being used is a sign that they care about their fans and not just trying to get a hot new VA. The others likely said no for good reason though.
added the fifth most popular anime onto this site

Apr 27, 2014 9:40 AM
I think they didn't used the previous anime's voice actors, because they wanted to keep the budget low. The new artwork of the sailor senshi was not great either...

I didn't really like the eyes of the senshi. They look too mainstream, whereas in the '92 anime they looked so different than other anime being produced at the time.

At least Usagi is voiced by Kotono Mitsuishi...

Apr 27, 2014 9:41 AM

Shinten_Raiho said:
I think they didn't used the previous anime's voice actors, because they wanted to keep the budget low.

Budget has nothing to do with it... its not like they got unknown seiyuu to replace them. They hired popular modern actors who would likely cost just as much if not more than older 50 year old seiyuu.

A more likely reason is that they're trying to appeal to a new generation of fans, and those people want young attractive seiyuu, not old women. They just kept Sailor Moon since her voice is the most iconic.

Apr 27, 2014 6:23 PM

OMG - I forgot this is Toei NNNOOOOOOO!

RyanSaotome said:
Shinten_Raiho said:
I think they didn't used the previous anime's voice actors, because they wanted to keep the budget low.

Budget has nothing to do with it...

Toei > budget
http://media1.giphy.com/media/d0JPBhiwCm6Kk/giphy.gif

Apr 27, 2014 6:35 PM

I'm quite excited to watch it! I remember watching Sailor Moon when I was really young and it was my favourite show, along with Pokemon. Even though I'm not expecting it to be as good as the original, it's still something to look forward to.

Apr 27, 2014 11:23 PM

I'm looking forward for the new seiyuus' take on the sailors. Good job they left Kotono Mitsuishi as Usagi.

Apr 28, 2014 6:56 AM

Apr 28, 2014 7:30 AM
I get the feeling the only reason they're rebooting Sailor Moon is to cash in on the success of Madoka Magica.

Apr 28, 2014 9:22 AM

I loved the original series and the manga, so I hope that they will at least try to do it right.

Apr 28, 2014 10:12 AM

I was a huge fan of the series when I was younger, I had all the VCR tapes. :3

I hope it's going to be as good. :D

Apr 28, 2014 10:18 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Will the new series be like a remake or will it be a sequel to the final season?

Apr 28, 2014 10:22 AM
SweetKotomi said:
Will the new series be like a remake or will it be a sequel to the final season?
Reboot.

Apr 28, 2014 10:41 AM

Hope they will stop after the first arc ! My expectations have been put to its lowest rank

Apr 28, 2014 11:34 AM

ZackDeMars said:
Hope they will stop after the first arc ! My expectations have been put to its lowest rank
You think that after this long and all the development hell its been through, they will only make a reboot of the 1st arc?

Apr 28, 2014 9:56 PM
Tsundere_Louise said:
ZackDeMars said:
You think that after this long and all the development hell its been through, they will only make a reboot of the 1st arc?
the second arc the black moon with the phantom was the best out of those so i think they will adapt this as well from the manga

Apr 28, 2014 10:45 PM

Any predictions on episode count, will they reboot all 46 episodes of the 1st season, or condense it down to a 2 cour format with 24-26 episodes.

Apr 28, 2014 11:14 PM
Hoppy said:
Any predictions on episode count, will they reboot all 46 episodes of the 1st season, or condense it down to a 2 cour format with 24-26 episodes.
if they plan to do the second arc the black moon as well then my guess it will be at least 40 episodes

Apr 28, 2014 11:15 PM
Hoppy said:
At this point it's still conjecture because TOEI hasn't mentioned how many episodes there will be. My guess is it will be around 26 episodes. 46 episodes seems a bit to long - unless they do the second arc of the Black Moon. 13 episodes seems like a waste considering how long we've waited and how anticipated this re-telling is.

Apr 28, 2014 11:22 PM

emeraldrosary said:
Hoppy said:
At this point it's still conjecture because TOEI hasn't mentioned how many episodes there will be. My guess is it will be around 26 episodes. 46 episodes seems a bit to long - unless they do the second arc of the Black Moon. 13 episodes seems like a waste considering how long we've waited and how anticipated this re-telling is.

If it ends up being 13 episodes, I'll be severely disappointed and lose faith in Toei for good, 2 years is a long wait for just 13 episodes. A good idea if Toei doesn't want to do 46 episodes at once is to make it split cour so the first season can at least end up completed and not end at 24-26 episodes.

Apr 28, 2014 11:26 PM
Hoppy said:
emeraldrosary said:
Hoppy said:

If it ends up being 13 episodes, I'll be severely disappointed and lose faith in Toei for good, 2 years is a long wait for just 13 episodes. A good idea if Toei doesn't want to do 46 episodes at once is to make it split cour so the first season can at least end up completed and not end at 24-26 episodes.
yes i agree it wont be 13 episodes consider how much time they worked on this with all the delays.and also i remember in one of the anoucements it said they work on the music for the black moon arc as well so it possible it will be split cour and they will adapt it as well.

Apr 28, 2014 11:32 PM
Indeed, I will flip some tables if it's 13 episodes. It actually is very well possible that it could be a 2 course series based solely on the length of delay. Perhaps there will be some surprises in store for us.

Apr 28, 2014 11:49 PM

They should go the old anime route and give one or two episodes (or at least a "day" or "situation" or incident) between discovered Sailors to build up some character development. For ex. I really liked the old episode where Usagi and Ami would team up, the one where people buy cursed clocks and start doing everything in a hurry comes to mind. One of the things that the manga lacked was proper character development, unlike the anime where everyone had time to have distinct personalities that developed throughout the episodes (I'm taking into account only season 1 btw for comparison purposes). If they go 13 episodes but they're an hour long, that'd be the equivalent of 26 regular episodes. Then again if they're just 13 regular eps... prepare to deal with the shitstorm.

Apr 28, 2014 11:56 PM
I doubt it'll go the Katanagatari route with 1 hour long episodes. It's just not Sailor Moon's style to have episodes drag on like that. Assuming it's 26 episodes or a 2 course series there should be more than enough time for character development and plot side by side.

Apr 29, 2014 12:06 AM
Yakuri said:
They should go the old anime route and give one or two episodes (or at least a "day" or "situation" or incident) between discovered Sailors to build up some character development. For ex. I really liked the old episode where Usagi and Ami would team up, the one where people buy cursed clocks and start doing everything in a hurry comes to mind. One of the things that the manga lacked was proper character development, unlike the anime where everyone had time to have distinct personalities that developed throughout the episodes (I'm taking into account only season 1 btw for comparison purposes). If they go 13 episodes but they're an hour long, that'd be the equivalent of 26 regular episodes. Then again if they're just 13 regular eps... prepare to deal with the shitstorm.
is the black moon arc in the anime and the manga had the same amount of character development or not?

Apr 29, 2014 1:47 AM

elior1 said:
is the black moon arc in the anime and the manga had the same amount of character development or not?

Overall the manga is more story driven in all arcs, and there's not much character development. The villains don't really have that much of a personality, and those who do aren't fleshed out a lot. They're there just so the senshi have a villain to defeat, mostly. The anime despite the changes in story and whatnot put a lot more emphasis on character development, villains included, so you had pretty cool stuff like everyone having an actual personality, one of the Phantom sisters being in love with Sapphire and whatnot. Or in the first season you've got that heartbreaking scene between Naru and Nephrite.

I'd even dare say many of the characters with actual characteristics in the manga have pretty different personalities in the anime (not just Sailor Mars), main characters included. One of the faults of the manga was that personalities weren't very distinctive.

Apr 29, 2014 5:05 AM

I heard that they will do Black Moon arc : o

Apr 29, 2014 11:54 AM

Hoppy said:
emeraldrosary said:
Hoppy said:

Then you should expect to be disappointed. This anime is going to follow the manga, it won't remake the original TV show. The manga is JUST story, not 70% filler like the 90s anime.

Apr 29, 2014 1:54 PM

A friend of mine just linked me to a Tumblr post you guys may want to check out. It's a pair of pictures of an English-language pamphlet about Sailor Moon Crystal. In the basic information, the pamphlet seems to confirm that the anime will be 26 episodes long, each 30 minutes long.

Tekidoki's Tumblr post

If you open the left picture, the one of the inside, and zoom in on it, you can see the basic information as follows (though it's a bit blurry):

Original Story: "Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon" by Naoko Takeuchi (published by Kodansha)
Genre: romantic drama/action
Style: 2D animation
Format: 30min x 26ep
Production: Toei Animation

Apr 29, 2014 1:55 PM

amare135 said:
Then you should expect to be disappointed. This anime is going to follow the manga, it won't remake the original TV show. The manga is JUST story, not 70% filler like the 90s anime.

Yeah pretty much this. I always hoped the people in charge of the story would make a mix between what was good in the anime (all the character development) and the original (the more mature, sad story, although the anime was pretty damn sad at times -even more than the original- in the first season, especially the fight in the North Pole) but from the information we're getting it seems it's only going to be story.

Apr 29, 2014 2:20 PM
The Destroyer.
Yakuri said:

Overall the manga is more story driven in all arcs, and there's not much character development. The villains don't really have that much of a personality, and those who do aren't fleshed out a lot. They're there just so the senshi have a villain to defeat, mostly. The anime despite the changes in story and whatnot put a lot more emphasis on character development, villains included, so you had pretty cool stuff like everyone having an actual personality, one of the Phantom sisters being in love with Sapphire and whatnot. Or in the first season you've got that heartbreaking scene between Naru and Nephrite.

I'd even dare say many of the characters with actual characteristics in the manga have pretty different personalities in the anime (not just Sailor Mars), main characters included. One of the faults of the manga was that personalities weren't very distinctive.

That's what I didn't like with the manga. It was mostly about Usagi and Chibiusa, the rest of the senshi were just 'there', with no development, just supporting to Usagi. Even if it was filler in the anime, the rest of the senshi got their own screentime. However I prefer the manga version Sailor Mars, she had better personality and Sailor Pluto had more of a role.

Apr 29, 2014 10:04 PM

It looks like it will be 30 min x 26 episodes, which is reasonable considering the how short the manga is.
http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/3f57401add9f7d095649d7e3eac2afcf1398808779_full.jpg

It better be so amazing I sh!t myself while crying tears of joy and sadness :D

Apr 29, 2014 10:06 PM
Question. By 30 minutes do they mean actually 30 minutes or is it more like 22-24 minutes like most anime? There shouldn't be any ads for this because as far as we know it's a ONA not a TV show.

Apr 30, 2014 11:23 AM

ichii_1 said:
It looks like it will be 30 min x 26 episodes, which is reasonable considering the how short the manga is.
17 volumes is short? Well, I guess nowadays when you compare it to the shounen series... Well, I hope for 30mins/ep, since then they could fit more of the plot.

May 1, 2014 1:19 AM
Octochan said:
Let's hope it sticks, this time around. Also, keep Aniplex of America as far away from this as humanly possible.

Why???

May 1, 2014 1:32 AM
kandiiyuutaamu said:
Octochan said:
Let's hope it sticks, this time around. Also, keep Aniplex of America as far away from this as humanly possible.

Why???

i heard Aniplex of America sells the discs with the same overprice tag as the japanese disc

emeraldrosary said:
Question. By 30 minutes do they mean actually 30 minutes or is it more like 22-24 minutes like most anime? There shouldn't be any ads for this because as far as we know it's a ONA not a TV show.

they really mean 30 minutes i bet with no ads

May 1, 2014 1:37 AM
j0x said:
kandiiyuutaamu said:
Octochan said:

Why???

i heard Aniplex of America sells the discs with the same overprice tag as the japanese disc.

And I suppose that is a bad thing right???

May 1, 2014 1:38 AM
kandiiyuutaamu said:
j0x said:
kandiiyuutaamu said:
Octochan said:

Why???

i heard Aniplex of America sells the discs with the same overprice tag as the japanese disc.

And I suppose that is a bad thing right???

for american buyers it is a bad thing because they cannot pay

May 1, 2014 2:29 AM
j0x said:
They really mean 30 minutes i bet with no ads
Thanks, for the insight, appreciate it j0x!

May 1, 2014 5:53 AM

Really surprised when I heard 26 episodes. I honestly thought it would be longer, is the manga that short or am I the only one surprised at this?

May 1, 2014 9:18 AM

Naruleach said:

Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino: Kotono Mitsuishi
Sailor Mercury/Ami Mizuno: Hisako Kanemoto
Sailor Mars/Rei Hino: Rina Satou
Sailor Jupiter/Makoto Kino: Ami Koshimizu
Sailor Venus/Minako Aino: Shizuka Itou

Atleast Usagi is have the same voice... XD Maybe Mamoru get his old voice? (Furuya toru - Amuro Ray/Yamcha)

May 1, 2014 9:59 AM

Bleachway said:
Really surprised when I heard 26 episodes. I honestly thought it would be longer, is the manga that short or am I the only one surprised at this?

The manga is short actually. But the problem is that it's episodic, so most chapters would work better as stand alone episodes, rather than two-three chapters per episode.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"

May 1, 2014 3:17 PM
Somebody on Twitter noticed if it's a straight up animating each chapter, then 26 Acts = end of the Black Moon arc (Sailor Moon R, season 2).

Though most likely it'll be the original SM anime approach that they'll see the popularity before making more seasons. That's what Toei did to produce SMR, etc. Naoko's manga was originally going to end after the Dark Kingdom arc

5 manga arcs + let's say 26 episodes each season for enough development = 150 episodes total. That'd be a good 7 years or so if they keep the online only, twice a month airtime schedule.

At least it's less than 200 episodes! lol

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »