Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 14, 2016 3:44 PM

Jan 2016
Why the writer do this! Always ruining the happy times.
Mar 19, 2016 1:00 AM

Apr 2015
I cried (again) when Tomoya started singing Dango Daikazoku for Ushio, and during the part when Tomoya imagined him, Nagisa, and their daughter playing card games together. Every episode just keeps on getting sadder and sadder since the past few episodes. I might be depressed after finishing AS if this is already making a part of me die a bit inside.

Looks like Ushio inherited her mother's sickness.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Apr 26, 2016 6:50 AM

Jan 2013
So the show just got 1000% worse now that the IQ 1 character (aka Fuuko) is on screen.
May 20, 2016 3:34 AM

Mar 2014
Kyou is back as well ~ .. as a teacher !! Ushio and Fuuko .. CUTENESS <3 .
Those soundtracks though .. soothing to one's soul ~ .
Very beautiful episode . Please don't take it away .. please .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2016 11:53 AM

Jun 2016
Not. This. Again.

More Fu-chan and Ushio was nice. Great to see Botan too!
Feb 2, 2017 2:51 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty good slice-of-life episode after a while. I was really nice to see Kyou again. And Botan too! :)
I still think she would be the best partner choice for Tomoya at this time - the series didn't show it much but she was actually still free and kinda waiting all this time. It would emphasize the ever-changing nature of life pretty well.

Fuuko was... ok, I guess. She has her role in the story and it's good to see someone who didn't changed at all (even though it was sad at the same time). But their mutual jokes never gets old.

What bothers me a bit is the fact that at this stage we probably won't see any sidestories for Nagisa's parents even though those were pretty important too. Well, well. Now back to the crying game.
Apr 3, 2018 2:37 AM
Jun 2017
Some appearance from Fuko and kyuo here. Nice mini reunion of his friends there. Ohh now Ushio got sick. Lets see how tomoya will respond to it as a father this time...
May 18, 2018 5:29 AM

Apr 2016
No no no no no no...
Please don't make Ushio sick like Nagisa.

Aug 26, 2018 4:17 PM
Apr 2018
No, no, nononononono, no this again. If Ushio's fate is the one the ending suggests it is, I will personally find the writer and force them to write a whole new season of Clannad just to mend things! Just let Ushio live and make Tomoya marry Kyou ffs.
Jul 14, 2019 11:43 AM

Feb 2017
I can imagine Ushio growing up to study medicine just so she could work at that new hospital, the area of land where her mother's life was saved by a miracle in Akio's arms when she was a child.
Jul 20, 2019 6:58 PM

Jul 2016
God I love Tomoya. He grows into such a great character. That scene where he sings to Ushio is one of my favorite scenes in all of anime.
Jul 27, 2019 4:45 AM
Apr 2016
Very very cute episode. Fuuko is just the cutest thing ever, glad that she's back. The ending was unsettling honestly, considering how Nagisa was really unhealthy, please, don't touch Ushio, let her be healthy. PLEASE.
Oct 2, 2019 2:03 AM

Feb 2019
A fun, enjoyable episode despite the preview for the next episode. Loved seeing Kyou again, all grown up. She reminds me a lot of Misae, they're really alike. Kyou seems like a great kindergarten teacher. I hope Ryou is really a nurse now too!

Botan. You sure grew a lot, huh?

Fuko is definitely back... and she hasn't changed a single bit. Like, at all lol. Still ridiculous and childish as always. Still sad they don't remember what happened and that Fuko doesn't remember Nagisa at all.

But when they were playing cards and they started talking about Nagisa and Tomoya started remembering her, that made me really tear up. I always tear up whenever Nagisa gets remembered or mentioned. So does Tomoya it seems. Still miss you, Nagisa :(

So Ushio often wanders to the new hospital. Despite being a five-year old, she seems to know the way. The hospital is where Nagisa's life was saved when Akio prayed right? That place really has a connection with Nagisa. Can't help but think that as the forest was cut down, Nagisa's health at the same time deteriorated. And the hospital built on it has a connection with Ushio. The forest made way and gave "life" to the hospital, the same way Nagisa gave life literally to Ushio. Not sure though, I might just be reading too much into it.

It seems Ushio has inherited Nagisa's health problems. I wasn't expecting this because Ushio seems to be far more active and seemingly healthier than Nagisa. But when her cheeks were red and that weak expression on her face, that just reminded me of how Nagisa always was when she was sick.

I hope nothing bad happens. Tomoya's gone through enough.
Oct 17, 2019 7:35 PM
Sep 2017
Aaaauuugh. Teared up at Tomoya singing the Dango song to Ushio, then laughed hard at Fuuko’s craziness, and ended with some foul language escaping my mouth in horror when Ushio got sick. I swear, if she dies I will lose my s**t!
Mar 22, 2020 9:05 PM

Jul 2016
Oh God, Ushio is sick! Good thing the new hospital was already built so there's nothing to worry about, right?... RIGHT?!
Aug 1, 2020 11:00 PM

Jan 2010
It's unfair that Clannad can be disgustingly cute, heartwarming, and tragic all at the same time. The prior moment with Tomoya's father hit me really hard, and that last moment with Ushio made me feel like my heart stop, despite me being vaguely aware of her situation prior to watching the show. I won't be upset with whatever direction Clannad decides to take, as long as it's sensible and not horrifically depressing. I trust the anime enough to know what it's doing at this point. Goodness gracious.
Aug 4, 2020 8:15 PM
Anime Jesus

Apr 2016
kawaiigreen said:
Ushio-chan is so cute!

I keep tearing up for Tomoya, though, especially whenever Nagisa is mentioned. T_T

Oh my god yes! Tomoya(and thus his Japanese va) is leagues ahead of any other male character from any other anime I've ever seen as my favorite male character.
Aug 4, 2020 8:19 PM
Anime Jesus

Apr 2016
So based on the scene when Tomoya and Kyou are talking(It appears to be cheerfully) and Ushio is looking between the two of them, and also somewhat based on later in the episode when he's picking Ushio up and they talk then as well, I can see them getting together. I've seen the whole series, so I know already though.
Aug 28, 2020 1:19 AM

Aug 2016
great episode, but I just wished the anime got rid of Kyou
:v
Oct 12, 2020 2:18 AM

Jun 2020
Why am I having a bad feeling about this, and now that Ushio is sick they should have ended it there.

Now I'm kinda sad well the Father and Daughter moment was what I liked about it.
Jan 5, 2021 5:24 AM

Aug 2014
fantastic episode.

Fuko for the first time for me was really funny and enchanting. Loved the home scenes

I do wish that Kyou and Tomoya would get together now since she was the girl I wanted to first win Tomoya.

I would really like to see some scenes between Yoshino and Fuko. Those should be funny.

And damn, so Ushio just goes outside on her own around town??!!!!!! And no one in the streets care!!!?????
Feb 13, 2021 4:42 PM

Apr 2017
They're trying so hard to make you like Ushio and knowing this show I bet there's no hidden meaning or purpose behind that.

I'm sure nothing bad will happen to her and everyone will live happily ever after.
cunnysseur
Apr 14, 2021 1:00 AM
Jan 2021
i started to cry where ushio mentions his mother
i hope nothing bad will happen to her :((
Jun 25, 2021 8:39 PM

Jul 2020
oh my god, Fuko was very cute on this one very wholesome episode until Ushio got sick.
Jul 27, 2021 8:41 PM
Jul 2018
I feel like this show thinks its viewers will be smiling during this episode. But I was not, in fact I've been crying nonstop since nagisa died. So the fuko nuclear bomb story was an interesting watch.
Nov 19, 2021 1:24 AM

Aug 2018
Wow so Ushio got sick too and now this doesn't look like it will be taking a turn for anything good, was really happy to see all the conversations between other characters troughout the episode tho
Jan 18, 2022 10:10 PM

Jan 2016
"Whoever thought I would be Ushio's teacher?" Me cuz anime always has these kinds of twists. Am I right in assuming Kyou won't end up with Okazaki in this universe since there's an alternative version OVA of her and Okazaki?

Dang the dango song makes another appearance.

I can't believe I am saying this, but Fuko is a welcome distraction atm. I now know where the "Fuko will hide and press button secretly" comes from lol.

Welp Ushio suffers from illness too...
Jul 8, 2022 4:00 AM

Jul 2021
Sweet episode. But still I tear up at the mention of Nagisa. That flashback with Nagisa, Tomoya and Ushio as a happy family killed me.

Tearing up while trying to laugh at cute and silly moments, typical Clannad since ep 16.

Of course the teacher was Kyou. It was great to see both of them back to their old selves together. And man did Botan grow up.

I can kind of see where this is going with Fuko saying you see Nagisa in me and all to Tomoya. I'm telling you THAT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. No way dude, I'm gonna be soooooo mad. I like Fuko but that'll be too much.

I couldn't be the only one feeling anxious seeing Ushio go on walks alone on street. She can kind of sense something I think, she's going towards the new hospital which was built on the place, the place which once saved her mother.

Dango song has suddenly become a favorite of mine, gonna go set it as my ringtone lmao.

Me while watching Clannad S1 and hearing dango song: eh cute song nice
Me after hearing it now: *cries*
TsutanaiFuunJul 8, 2022 4:21 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 25, 2022 2:40 AM

Jul 2022
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
She was already crying when Tomoya remembers/imagines Nagisa, but messing with Ushio is something else
Jan 31, 2023 6:19 PM
Feb 2021
Ya boy really felt it when Fuko said Okazaki would destroy the world. Idk what's gonna happen really, I hope Nagisa's aight, but she seems to have contracted urban development illness.
Feb 20, 2023 2:39 PM
Aug 2020
aint no way ushio goes out like nagisa, now that would be crazy
Mar 6, 2023 2:31 PM
Feb 2023
I'm glad Fuko is still the same girl that we saw in S1.

That ending tho...
Mar 17, 2023 11:37 PM
Mar 2023
ushio cute as shit
Jul 6, 2023 9:59 PM

Jun 2021
Fuko and Ushio are KKIIUUUTTTT WAAAA >>>u<<<, i love the moments with fuko and okazaki, the way she pisses tomoya off is really fun
OH NO ANOTHER TENSE ENDING, WILL USHIO INHERIT THE DISEASE OF HIS MOM?
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Nov 15, 2023 6:19 PM

Apr 2021
Ushio because you reminded Tomoya of Nagisa T_T
I start to cry when he cries.

Can Ushio walk alone on the street?! Well at least Fuuko accompanies her.

Who knew she was Ushio's teacher xD.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.