Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Pupa Episode 1 Discussion

Jan 9, 2014 3:38 PM

That was actually terrible.

I understand that it's only five minutes long, but the animation style was lacking so much. It didn't seem like something Studio Deen would do. Not to mention the anime didn't flow well. It was very disjointed and it felt as though more dialogue and explanation should have happened before the ending event.

Not to mention it just kinda ends. Very little lead up to an ending. It just ends and cuts straight to the ending.

Based on the first episode, there is no way that this can turn out well. A horror anime should not be attempted in under 5 minutes per episode.

I really liked the ending song though. The opening, not so much, but I did enjoy the ending.

Jan 9, 2014 3:39 PM

Pupa, pupa, pupa, is good as I expected.
I'm looκing for someone interesting to talk with, are you good enough?

Jan 9, 2014 3:40 PM

what is this i don't even.

Jan 9, 2014 3:41 PM

If we wait for the 12 episodes maybe won't be such a bad anime.

But damn, what a hell did i just watch.

Jan 9, 2014 3:42 PM

Sovietcong said:
Well...um Studio Deen animated the Higurashi franchise so I was expecting a bit more considering that. It's nothing to write home about sure but a total watch time of 1 hr isn't going to hurt. Maybe it will entice me to get the drive to find the manga...maybe
^

Problem is, without the OP/ED you'll only have 36 minutes of the story, not 1 hour.

Jan 9, 2014 3:49 PM

I cried.

you tellin me mangas aint japanese colouring books

Jan 9, 2014 3:49 PM

I really like the OP and ED, but in my opinion there really isn't much hope for this anime.

Jan 9, 2014 3:52 PM

If only the first episode had as much detail as the manga had so far. This first episode was just too vague and if i hadn't read it first i would've been confused.
Examining one series under the magnifying glass at a time.

Jan 9, 2014 3:54 PM
Punpun Incarnate

I'd rather this have been about 3 full length episodes than a bunch of short ones. The story in the manga was already weak, but now the episode length ruins the effect and really I don't think any horror anime would work well as a short series.

Jan 9, 2014 3:55 PM

This adaptation is so bad I started laughting loud. Seriously, didn't expect that :d

Jan 9, 2014 3:57 PM

my gosh i'm so despondent with this episode... like wtf was that. 1 minute was anime and the rest was music. And i didn't show her transformer like i want it... I hated this episode.

Jan 9, 2014 4:01 PM

This is truly a masterpice of shit. 5 fucking mins? Is this a gag anime? Because it was funny.

Jan 9, 2014 4:03 PM

Hilarious how this show went from a 8 to a 6 after it officially aired. Lol.

Jan 9, 2014 4:04 PM

The short length isn't working at all. Can't say it airing on TV does either, what's with all the censoring.

Bad job, Pupa.

Bad job.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 9, 2014 4:04 PM

A little disappointed because it was so short! It has so much potential to turn into a cult classic.

Kill it before it lays eggs!

Jan 9, 2014 4:07 PM

...the fuck?!

Jan 9, 2014 4:12 PM
damn, is censoreship really a big deal? i mean, come on, just think about it, you CAN'T air everything in TV.
now straight to the point. WTF? just fucking 4 minutes? for fucks sake, why can't you make a 24 minute episode? it felt too rushed. i like the art style though

Jan 9, 2014 4:12 PM

Shittyyyyy

Jan 9, 2014 4:13 PM

lolwut

Jan 9, 2014 4:16 PM

I sort of liked it. I'm just wondering why the brother has those marks on his face/arms.

I didn't have a problem with the censoring. Wow a whole two seconds of censorship. Boycott DEEN. It's not like they censored it and removed all the blood from the scene. Hell, there was blood everywhere and it was even spraying onto the screen. Even the fucking dog wasn't censored when it exploded.

This is like watching TV and getting mad when they bleep out the word "fuck."
(´・ω・`) (゜Д゜) (•̪┌┐•̪) ♥

Jan 9, 2014 4:18 PM
Sanji Fangirl

Nabris said:
I'm just wondering why the brother has those marks on his face/arms.

He's probably some sort of demon.

Jan 9, 2014 4:18 PM

Nope, as expected the 5 minutes (3mins minus the OP and ED) won't do, non SoL/comedy shows just don't work as shorts.
I'll watch a couple of episodes more to see wether it turns out better but the hopes are really slim.

Jan 9, 2014 4:21 PM

The OP and ED are so dark, also the OST
Censored the best part :(

Jan 9, 2014 4:24 PM

usually I love short anime and this one isn't so bad but it lacks something. I never thought I would say that about a short anime, lol.

Jan 9, 2014 4:34 PM

what the fuck?
what the actual fuck?

Jan 9, 2014 4:42 PM
i was like da dog is cute and then the next sec i was like ewwwwwwwwwwwww das gross. but the synopsis seems like it is a story i would like to watch

Jan 9, 2014 4:42 PM

Creepy And This show is just shit WTF?
'"Hearts, you say? You Humans are always so quick to speak of such things. As though you carry your hearts in the very palms of your hands. But this eye of mine perceives all. There is nothing that it overlooks. If this eye cannot see a thing, then it does not exist. That is the assumption under which I have always fought. What is this "heart"? If I tear open that chest of yours, will I see it there? If I smash open that skull of yours, will I see it there?4th Espada

Jan 9, 2014 4:47 PM

Whats going on??? 0____0 Does she revert back??

Jan 9, 2014 4:49 PM
This was so bad orz if I hadn't read the manga I would be lost as hell.

Most likely I won't follow it, but rather I will watch the whole thing in a marathon when it ends.

Jan 9, 2014 4:52 PM

What the fuck did i just watch.

Shittiest manga adaptation ever.
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL

Jan 9, 2014 4:58 PM

Shit. The whole purpose of this show was the crudelty and the creepy feel but .. Censoring = no fun.

Go read the manga, at least there are not censorships there.

SO KIDS IF A LADY TELLS YOU TO GO AWAY WHEN YOU SEE RED BUTTERFLIES, THEN DO AS SHE SAY.

Open-Dice said:
Most disappointing thing of 2013, and the first most disappointing thing of 2014.

^

Jan 9, 2014 5:06 PM

God fucking dammit... I waited so long for a grotesque horror anime, something I'm a huge fan of in manga, and something we almost NEVER get in anime...

... and it's only four minutes long and censored to shit.

I haven't actually read the manga, but I feel like this has some potential, you know, if it weren't four fucking minutes long and censored to shit. I mean, I'll still watch it to see where it goes, and again, it's just four motherfucking minutes long, so it's not a huge waste of time.

Also, the minute I saw the dog my first thought was "HOLY SHIT! IT'S THE THING!"

Jan 9, 2014 5:25 PM

I facepalm at this show with all the strength I can muster.

It is beyond obvious that somewhere production stalled and they are just airing the unfinished piece of shit this is.

I am beyond upset that there was actually a time when I was actually excited about this "creepy" anime.

This is the anime version of a D class hollywood film. In memory of the poster above me I will now shout fuck ten times to get across my god damn displeasure: FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
Modified by aLooser, Jan 9, 2014 5:29 PM

Jan 9, 2014 5:41 PM

Nabris said:
I sort of liked it. I'm just wondering why the brother has those marks on his face/arms.

I didn't have a problem with the censoring. Wow a whole two seconds of censorship. Boycott DEEN. It's not like they censored it and removed all the blood from the scene. Hell, there was blood everywhere and it was even spraying onto the screen. Even the fucking dog wasn't censored when it exploded.

dude you're kidding right? they censored the only important scenes from this episode, people said they adapted it poorly, the story didn't flow at all, the animation is bad, art is o-k.. I don't have 1 positive thing if not for the art.

Jan 9, 2014 5:47 PM

Sourire said:
Nabris said:

dude you're kidding right? they censored the only important scenes from this episode, people said they adapted it poorly, the story didn't flow at all, the animation is bad, art is o-k.. I don't have 1 positive thing if not for the art.

The adaptation wasn't that bad, they just rushed it a ton. Loved how big bro got like a full 10 secs of screen time, while in the manga he hogs most of the panels (in chapter 1). Main problem is the source material sucked

Jan 9, 2014 5:48 PM

Nabris said:
lol now I see what people mean when they say it's a bad adaption.

I guess I'll put this in a spoiler, but it should have been covered before the initial transformation scene:

Jan 9, 2014 6:04 PM

I haven't been that fucking creeped out in a LONG time.

That monster, reminded me a bit of that CTCD episode. With king Ramses ghost.

Holy tater tots.

Jan 9, 2014 6:05 PM

omfgaaawhd...that was the weirdest shit ive seen this year!

i heard ppl actually had very high hopes for this ? they know better now lmao

they censored the gore part....why even release this trash?

1/5

Jan 9, 2014 6:06 PM

just as bad as i was expecting it to be

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 9, 2014 6:09 PM

Well.... that sucked. What a shame. It's short and censored to hell. What's the point in watching this? Damn it, I was hyped for this when it was first announced, but now... I rarely say this, but just save your time and read the manga.

Jan 9, 2014 6:14 PM

no

Jan 9, 2014 6:17 PM

im pretty sure everyone feels let down that the episodes are 5 mins long. i knew before but it still seems like a shock while watching it :( who is the same?

Jan 9, 2014 6:20 PM

Well, after reading the manga chapter of this episode I can say that 4 minutes aren't enough. The first chapter of the manga was a 10/10 for me. They skipped a lot of important scenes and the few they used where heavily censored. I hope that they'll fix everything by the next episode, because otherwise this would be a really sad thing.

Jan 9, 2014 6:24 PM

holy shit the score for this dropped over .10 points since i posted 17 minutes ago

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 9, 2014 6:31 PM

The actual fuck was that, like seriously.

Jan 9, 2014 6:33 PM
Spoony Bard

Wow. Dat animation.

The monster is going to haunt my dreams, guaranteed.

Pretty creepy, but I'm interested in seeing where this is going.

Jan 9, 2014 6:38 PM

Open-Dice said:
Most disappointing thing of 2013, and the first most disappointing thing of 2014.

IS 2 and Koroshiya-san beat it in the 2013 department in my opinion.

Only 3 mins if you take off the OP and ED....

Jan 9, 2014 6:43 PM

Trash...

Jan 9, 2014 6:50 PM

I don't know how to feel.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Jan 9, 2014 6:53 PM

this isnt disappointing, if something was disappointing then that implies there was ever potential in the first place

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »