Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 10, 2014 5:11 AM

Oct 2011
Poor Sanketsu ,but they are probably going to find a way to resew him probably even make him better than before.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2014 5:19 AM

Aug 2012
Damn senketsu got destroyed, and Ryuuko is now defenseless. Wonder what'll happen now. Will senketsu perhaps get upgraded?
Jan 10, 2014 5:25 AM

May 2012
Redmyr said:
Poor Senketsu :(
I think that the small piece of Senketsu in Ryuko's hand is the most important part of the Kamui.
Am I the only one who has see this ?
http://oi40.tinypic.com/6gabef.jpg
I want the same phone xD

OMG the phone of a man's torso! Too fitting for him.
Jan 10, 2014 5:41 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Perhaps as a preparation was a bit long, they will get to write a draft of the story, worthy of so much expectation? Plot that faces a new beginning, interesting. Ragyo, daughter of the most epic! XD
I do not know if it's my fault, but the greatness behind this anime series is not perceived by me 100%, what will be behind all this? Satsuki's mother seeks to another, it would be too easy to sense the history.
Drawings not bad, but more and more savings, during the fighting, and more. Animations not bad, however.
Jan 10, 2014 5:58 AM

Jun 2013
Barion-Zara said:

But damn!! I need the OST when Satsuki's mom appears!!! >.< So EPIC!!

The OST name is Blumenkranz.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 10, 2014 6:05 AM

Jun 2013
SlushyCoffee said:
DON'T CLICK if you are scared of spoilers~~~

^
Am I right?

I can't brain , how the fuck do you get that conclusion ?
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 10, 2014 6:29 AM

Aug 2013
Senketsu is temporarily dead...

Satsuki's mother is very cool, the real final boss.
Jan 10, 2014 6:33 AM

Dec 2013
BatStark said:

Satsuki's mother is very coo

And has a greater aura too lol
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 10, 2014 6:50 AM

Sep 2011
RIP in Peace Senketsu.
Jan 10, 2014 7:38 AM
Jan 2010
this show is so shitty
Jan 10, 2014 7:46 AM

Nov 2012
I'm sure Ryuuko will be reunited with Senketsu eventually. This episode was great and I can't wait until the episode that Nui gets beaten and loses her composure.
Jan 10, 2014 8:32 AM

Oct 2013
Am i the only one shipping aikuro ryuko?
Jan 10, 2014 8:52 AM

Sep 2009
I hope the other schools will be able to put a fight .__.
Jan 10, 2014 9:07 AM

Apr 2013
OH SHIt ;_;.
Poor Senketsu and Ryuuko.
Jan 10, 2014 9:47 AM

Dec 2013
Wow that was really surprising for me, one of the best episodes, can't wait for next :D
Jan 10, 2014 11:46 AM

Jul 2013
I was hoping for a new OP this episode. Guess not :(

I'm seriously loving Nui Harime and her epic theme whenever she pops up. I wonder what that extra cloth from Senketsu is supposed to be that was in Ryuko's hand.
Jan 10, 2014 11:51 AM

Apr 2013
What a twist. Senketsu is no more and Mako joins the army :P
Jan 10, 2014 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
ihusmal1234 said:
I was hoping for a new OP this episode. Guess not :(

I'm seriously loving Nui Harime and her epic theme whenever she pops up. I wonder what that extra cloth from Senketsu is supposed to be that was in Ryuko's hand.

New opening should be from 16th episode and on.
Jan 10, 2014 11:54 AM
Jan 10, 2014 12:04 PM
Nov 2013
I think it's funny that everybody gets naked when they are defeated by Matoi but Matoi still had her bra and underwear on when she was defeated :o

Senkestu will come back!!! Hopefully.
Jan 10, 2014 12:41 PM
Jul 2018
Man, even how evil Nui is, i just can't hate her at all.. lol
Oops and i didn't expect that also. Things are getting pretty intense, huh.
Man i just love Mako.
Jan 10, 2014 12:43 PM

Aug 2013
Didn't enjoy any episode since the start of the anime -_- , hope that I can do well without dropping it.

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jan 10, 2014 1:00 PM

Feb 2013
Whattt that was too easy. I kind of regret watching this as it's airing I really look forward to the next episodes x.x
Jan 10, 2014 1:56 PM

Jul 2010
You know what? I'm glad Ryuuko lost Senketsu, this way she has more chances to improve herself. NOW, things are getting interesting, and I can't even predict what might happen. The only thing I know for sure is that Ryuuko will have to go through trials in order to retake Senketsu, which is a good thing.
Jan 10, 2014 2:11 PM

Apr 2013
LA VIE EST DRAULE. :rire:

and then it was like YOOOOOOOOO.
YOOO.
NO.
Jan 10, 2014 2:48 PM

Sep 2009
Akanezora said:
You know what? I'm glad Ryuuko lost Senketsu, this way she has more chances to improve herself. NOW, things are getting interesting, and I can't even predict what might happen. The only thing I know for sure is that Ryuuko will have to go through trials in order to retake Senketsu, which is a good thing.

Same here. I think that Senketsu's death will have the same meaning as Kamina's death had to Simon.
PS: Sorry for my bad english.
Jan 10, 2014 3:00 PM
Feb 2013
Ah, for a moment I thought that maybe Satsuki will be so honorable that she will recraft Senketsu for Ryuuko in order to defeat her properly, but yeah whatever.

Since it's parts will be in different uniforms now (or so), I guess at some point they'll rip out and merge together like T-1000 in Terminator 2 :D
kcuf
Jan 10, 2014 3:29 PM

Sep 2007
This show was always ridiculous but now it's completely absurd ...

Jan 10, 2014 3:51 PM

Jul 2010
iPumpking said:
Akanezora said:

Same here. I think that Senketsu's death will have the same meaning as Kamina's death had to Simon.
PS: Sorry for my bad english.

Yeah, I thought of the same comparison.
Jan 10, 2014 4:11 PM

Dec 2013
This show becomes hard to predict ... I like that.
God knows what Satsuki has behind her mind. :p
Jan 10, 2014 4:20 PM

Jan 2011
Wow, p-p-plot twist~!
Nice how they keep stuffing in comedy even in the serious moments.
New OP/ED next episode I guess, was surprised to not see new ones in this episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 10, 2014 5:00 PM

Apr 2011
Killer way to start the new season ... can't believe that Ryuko lost Sanketsu like that. I'm sure she's going to get her powers back, or learn to fight without her Kamui, but for now they've definitely de-powered her. I have a feeling the Elite Four will end up in center stage for at least a few episodes while Ryuko tries to get her powers back.
Jan 10, 2014 5:02 PM

Aug 2013
Has the new OP been confirmed to air next weke?

Feel free to chat anything Anime related or non Anime related conversations! :)
Jan 10, 2014 7:18 PM
Aug 2012
I smell a hint of Gurren Lagann in the color schemes give it all away

Ryuko-(Simon/Kamina)
Satsuki-(Viral)
Satsuki's Mom-(Anti-Spiral)
Niu-(Nia)

Now we wait for the greatest fight ever....
Jan 10, 2014 7:51 PM

Apr 2013
The new OP will no doubt have spoilers on Ryuko's new Kamui.
So don't expect to see it until she has received it??

PrimeX said:
that woman who said clothing is a sin.... I thought she will show up naked.. damn..

KLK bringing meaning to clothing in a whole new level!!

Even if she does, you know about her aura right? It will be BRIGHT!
FlamingYuJan 10, 2014 7:55 PM
Jan 10, 2014 8:04 PM
Aug 2013
Holy crap the story took such a huge turn.
Jan 10, 2014 8:40 PM

May 2012
im excited to see ryuuko new kamui with power up to be expected, i want to see her kick that lolicon's ass..
its pain to see her naked, i mean seeing senketsu into pieces and used by enemy..

Jan 10, 2014 9:28 PM

Apr 2012
nui = best loli villain ever

Jan 10, 2014 9:58 PM

Jan 2011
wow Nui the ninja

I think Senketsu has to be broken then only can be improved to another level
Jan 11, 2014 3:21 AM

May 2013
Satsuki and Ryuko where evenly match on Ep 3

Why dont Nui beat the crap out of Satsuki, which i dont want to happen beacause I'm a Satsuki Fan :D

Is Satsuki's mother on Satsuki's side?
Jan 11, 2014 3:30 AM

May 2011
SENKETSU NOOOOOOOO
Jan 11, 2014 5:34 AM
Feb 2013
Eudaimonia said:
Oh, how I have missed you, KLK! And what a way to start the second cours: Blitzkrieg á la Kiryuuin style, the first step towards world domination all under the keen observation of her mother who herself has established her own empire with her monopoly on clothing. Right now she's still amused upon following her daughter's aspirations but will that last when she eventually gets dethroned by her own offspring?

Also good to see Trigger following up their clothing analogy to the end.
Once again the concept of shame pops up in regard to clothing, however, this time around it's about clothing as a mean to cover up shame opposed to shame caused by clothing. Ragyou' logic twists clothing as status symbol which has been presented to us until now to one that epitomizes sin and as Satsuki points out depicts a measure to connect the world (in her own favour, of course...). Logically that constitutes a world that is in its entirety hold together by the concept of sin. Going with the biblical original sin metaphor, the interpretation of the usage of clothes as result of humanity's achievment of free will fits awefully well with Satsuki's mindset: Only those who act under their own volition are deemed worthy by her to wear the most prestigious Life-fiber uniforms.

While Nui's disguise really caught me off-guard I'm almost a bit disappointed to see the seemingly new addition to the cast getting discarded so quickly. It would have been really interesting to see upright and idealistic Shinjiro Nagita ( a shout-out to the Japanese student movement during the 1960s?) as the initiator of a new opposing force against the fascistic nature of Honnouji Academy, this time organized by the students themselves.

Well said.

I liked this particular episode much for the same reasons you pointed out. The clothing (analogy to militarism/facism and in general stringent, ruthless social control) theme was superbly rekindled and continued, with RECOVS/COVERS been put as a diametrically opposite against the Nudist beach (/rebels/freedomfighters).

I also liked the link with the clothing as the first thing which was done after eating the apple; the result of the primordial sin, thus. The 'fig to cover nakedness'.

After which Ragyo groped her daughter (to 'feel the cloth') in a way which was, to say the least, slightly suggestive of a sin as well, it being rather incestuous-esque. And Satsuki remaining all stoic under it and very formally says "Thank you, mother." Great scene, that.

Furthermore, I think it's now clearly alluded that Satsuki is not the typical antagonist, and certainly a not one-sided one. The fact that she left Ryuko a piece of her suit (the eyelap?) and covered her up with a blanket, shows at least *some* passing empathy. Her ultimate goal remains a mystery, even though her immediate goals and mindset seems clear: to conquer all the academies (and in general, to conquer the world)...but to what end? Satsuki is clearly extra-ordinary strong-willed, with a clear goal in mind, but that goal is unlikely to be merely the winning of the three city school battle. That more seems a means to an end, just like the fighting against the elite four was not really to take down Ryuko (at least, not for Satsuki), but to gather info to make her suits stronger.

So, is there a goal beyond the rather obvious ones that is directly shown as yet? I think we already saw a foreshadowing when mother and daughter met in this episode. One particular scene, shows two brimming lights in opposition to eachother in that tower. It gave more the impression of a confrontation than a union of forces, to be honest. And while the mother currently is still more endowed in 'brilliance' and has more power, and she 'allows' her daughter her whims and is indulgent towards her and finds her daughters antics amusing as of yet, as long as she remains loyal to COVERS... one can not but wonder if she will still be as amused when the confrontation between the two will become apparent.

Because I think this is what some of those scenes already indicate or suggest; that sooner or later, a showdown between mother and daughter will occur, where Satsuki will try to overthrow or at least refuses to be obedient anymore, even to her mother, and will carve out her own future and mould the world in HER image. As any queen/empress/absolute monarch, it could well be the mother is going to be dethroned by her offspring. I doubt she will still find that as amusing. ;-)

The radiance of both in that tower certainly seems an omen for what is to come. And "There cannot be two suns in the heavens", as the Khan already said 800 years ago.

Triper said:
Barion-Zara said:
SHIT! Ryuuko got owned!! She's no match for Nui. Totally didn't expect Senketsu to be dispersed.

And now gonna be used by other people. Well seems like Ryuuko still has one piece of Senketsu with her. I wonder if Satsuki let her keep it or she just didn't see it?

I wonder who can make it into Senketsu again other than Iori?

But damn!! I need the OST when Satsuki's mom appears!!! >.< So EPIC!!

OST for that scene is called Blumenkranz

http://audiour.com/ef4ugpst

It is by far my favorite track. So epic.

Is that...German? Something sounds off - or at least with the wrong intonation or something; German is an abrupt language, much Like Japanese. At times it even sounds English, or a mix of languages - yet some of the vocabulary is clearly German.

I don't know if it's on purpose, or if it IS a mix of languages, or merely the German variant of 'Engrish' the Japanese tend to speak. But the song remains quite captivating, nevertheless.
AnimageNebyJan 11, 2014 6:46 AM
Jan 11, 2014 7:28 AM

May 2012
Speaking on the subject of Blumenkranz...I really wish someone with "correct" or native pronounciation of German do a cover of it. I also hope to hear a set of "misheard lyrics" as well based on the original pronouciation...
Jan 11, 2014 7:35 AM

Jan 2013
If you can stand Engrish, Geruman shouldn't be a problem as well.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jan 11, 2014 9:17 AM

May 2012
DawnJ said:
If you can stand Engrish, Geruman shouldn't be a problem as well.

I'm just curious how a correctly pronounced version of that song would sound like.

Engrish/Geruman just doesn't sound authentic. I'd like to have a different perspective of it.
Jan 11, 2014 9:40 AM
Feb 2013
sentience said:
Speaking on the subject of Blumenkranz...I really wish someone with "correct" or native pronounciation of German do a cover of it. I also hope to hear a set of "misheard lyrics" as well based on the original pronouciation...

I'm curious too. It could be it doesn't sound as well, though, sinds, as said, German is rather 'abrupt'. It's not as soft as in the lyrics now, while that softness is something that suits it pretty good.

That said, if you do understand German - albeit this will not be the case for most native English speakers - it *does* sound a bit strange and something 'not quite right' when you hear German that isn't German. For the rest it won't really matter because they don't know what German is like anyway. It could as well be Esperanto, in that case.
Jan 11, 2014 11:10 AM

Jul 2013
SO... FUCKING... UNPREDICTABLE !

THANK YOU TRIGGER !
Jan 11, 2014 11:13 AM
Feb 2012
If something like a music boner exists, then I had it through all of Satsuki's mother's speech. This show's OST is top-notch.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 11, 2014 12:32 PM
Jun 2013
Wanna see what happens with Senketsu
Jan 11, 2014 3:40 PM
Sep 2011
AnimageNeby said:
Eudaimonia said:
Oh, how I have missed you, KLK! And what a way to start the second cours: Blitzkrieg á la Kiryuuin style, the first step towards world domination all under the keen observation of her mother who herself has established her own empire with her monopoly on clothing. Right now she's still amused upon following her daughter's aspirations but will that last when she eventually gets dethroned by her own offspring?

Also good to see Trigger following up their clothing analogy to the end.
Once again the concept of shame pops up in regard to clothing, however, this time around it's about clothing as a mean to cover up shame opposed to shame caused by clothing. Ragyou' logic twists clothing as status symbol which has been presented to us until now to one that epitomizes sin and as Satsuki points out depicts a measure to connect the world (in her own favour, of course...). Logically that constitutes a world that is in its entirety hold together by the concept of sin. Going with the biblical original sin metaphor, the interpretation of the usage of clothes as result of humanity's achievment of free will fits awefully well with Satsuki's mindset: Only those who act under their own volition are deemed worthy by her to wear the most prestigious Life-fiber uniforms.

While Nui's disguise really caught me off-guard I'm almost a bit disappointed to see the seemingly new addition to the cast getting discarded so quickly. It would have been really interesting to see upright and idealistic Shinjiro Nagita ( a shout-out to the Japanese student movement during the 1960s?) as the initiator of a new opposing force against the fascistic nature of Honnouji Academy, this time organized by the students themselves.

Well said.

I liked this particular episode much for the same reasons you pointed out. The clothing (analogy to militarism/facism and in general stringent, ruthless social control) theme was superbly rekindled and continued, with RECOVS/COVERS been put as a diametrically opposite against the Nudist beach (/rebels/freedomfighters).

I also liked the link with the clothing as the first thing which was done after eating the apple; the result of the primordial sin, thus. The 'fig to cover nakedness'.

After which Ragyo groped her daughter (to 'feel the cloth') in a way which was, to say the least, slightly suggestive of a sin as well, it being rather incestuous-esque. And Satsuki remaining all stoic under it and very formally says "Thank you, mother." Great scene, that.

Furthermore, I think it's now clearly alluded that Satsuki is not the typical antagonist, and certainly a not one-sided one. The fact that she left Ryuko a piece of her suit (the eyelap?) and covered her up with a blanket, shows at least *some* passing empathy. Her ultimate goal remains a mystery, even though her immediate goals and mindset seems clear: to conquer all the academies (and in general, to conquer the world)...but to what end? Satsuki is clearly extra-ordinary strong-willed, with a clear goal in mind, but that goal is unlikely to be merely the winning of the three city school battle. That more seems a means to an end, just like the fighting against the elite four was not really to take down Ryuko (at least, not for Satsuki), but to gather info to make her suits stronger.

So, is there a goal beyond the rather obvious ones that is directly shown as yet? I think we already saw a foreshadowing when mother and daughter met in this episode. One particular scene, shows two brimming lights in opposition to eachother in that tower. It gave more the impression of a confrontation than a union of forces, to be honest. And while the mother currently is still more endowed in 'brilliance' and has more power, and she 'allows' her daughter her whims and is indulgent towards her and finds her daughters antics amusing as of yet, as long as she remains loyal to COVERS... one can not but wonder if she will still be as amused when the confrontation between the two will become apparent.

Because I think this is what some of those scenes already indicate or suggest; that sooner or later, a showdown between mother and daughter will occur, where Satsuki will try to overthrow or at least refuses to be obedient anymore, even to her mother, and will carve out her own future and mould the world in HER image. As any queen/empress/absolute monarch, it could well be the mother is going to be dethroned by her offspring. I doubt she will still find that as amusing. ;-)

The radiance of both in that tower certainly seems an omen for what is to come. And "There cannot be two suns in the heavens", as the Khan already said 800 years ago.

While I doubt that the show will ever elaborate on their themes more in-depth I'm still glad they are present since they're just so damn fascinating and frame the events in a way that offers room for speculations and interpretations.

As for the mother-daughter scene it shows us a small glimpse into their relationship and rarely have we seen Satsuki more docile than at this moment. That and the comparison of the degree of their literal radiance make it obvious who is still the stronger of the two. I wonder if there's a significance to the dichotomy created by Ragyou claiming to be the only one to see through the sinful implications of clothing and as a result monopolizing on it similarly to how she does in the clothing industry and Satsuki's speech about possessing nothing but the purest intentiones and aspirations. Mother-daughter conflict on a grand scale, perhaps?

The producers stated even before the show aired its first episode that this show will be just as much a story about Ryuuko as it is about Satsuki with them being equally prominent protagonists so your impression is definitely correct. Ever since Sanageyama's first defeat she's softened up quite a bit but I think more than anything it's the fact that she sees Ryuuko as one of the few who approached her on an nearly equal level with how vehement Ryuuko refuses to submit to her that causes her to have mercy upon her.

I agree with your observation since it seemed to me as if they were trying to "outshine" each other. The way Ragyou treated her daughter struck me as reminiscent of how Satsuki used to look at the troublesome transfer student as someone who could pose a threat but is mostly the objectt of amused interest. But I also think it will result in a final battle where Satsuki tries to take her mother's strenght and incorporate into her own as she did countless times before.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.