Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Nagi no Asukara Episode 14 Discussion

Jan 10, 2014 10:53 PM

wow, now I see a Love Square... Chisaki and miuna both likes Hii-kun now and hii-kun still likes manaka... I wonder what'll happen to hii-kun next. I hope he goes on with a harem chiisaki or miuna...

Still needs more explanation on what really happened. Maybe next episode will be more on flashbacks...

Jan 10, 2014 11:00 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Miuna + 5 years... Favorite character now
Chisaki + years... second favorite.
can't wait till next episode, great op and ed

Jan 11, 2014 12:34 AM

OMG. THE ART. THE ANIMATION. P.A. WORKS, YOU HAVE WON ME OVER AGAIN. SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL.

Love the new Op and Ed. That ending. OMG. This is getting better and better. No wonder Hikari still looked so short in the time skip preview picture. He hasn't grown at all since the sleep ._.

Jan 11, 2014 12:36 AM

Awesome episode. So much has happened in 5 years. Miuna and Sayu have grown up. The OP & ED songs were great. Hikari is back and has not aged at all since the hibernation.
I really want to know what happened to everyone else?
Cannot wait for next week!!
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 11, 2014 1:40 AM

Wow, a 5 year time-skip...

You know what's funny, before this series even started, I thought it could be the next Shinsekai Yori. While I wouldn't completely agree with that comparison now, I do find it funny how it has similar time skips. lol

Jan 11, 2014 1:45 AM

So much feels......

But how does Hikari suddenly appear like that....

5/5

Jan 11, 2014 2:23 AM

Isn't Miuna and Hikari now niece and uncle?

Would be weird if they start dating...

Jan 11, 2014 2:48 AM

Oh man, I felt like a timeskip should happen but to think it really did. The opening is really powerful and captures the sadder feelings behind the passage of time. It's going to be so interesting to see how the unchanged Hikari takes the five year gap between him and everyone else. Also surprised that Miuna is actually in love with Hikari, I thought it was just like she saw him as an older brother figure. Not to mention she got her kiss in with that so called "CPR." Makes me wonder if Sayu will seriously go after Kaname then.

Man this series leaves so much open to happen. Now I know why it's my favorite of autumn.

Jan 11, 2014 2:53 AM

I like the opening too. This series just keeps on getting better and better.

I was expecting a time skip but I didn't expect it to be like that.

Miuna has become cuter.

Jan 11, 2014 3:05 AM

This episode along with the previous one really got me permanently hooked into the show. So much stuff has happened and there's a lot to see too. Doubting a second season given the timeskip has happened, so I'm going to enjoy this to the fullest with each new episode.

Before I was rooting for Chisaki x Hikari, but after all that has happened, I don't mind her being with Tsumugu at all! He's very reliable and nice guy, also the same age! I wonder how Kaname will react after finding out them being together for 5 years and living together. Also, my god Chisaki got even sexier!

Miuna having feelings for her Uncle Hikari is very interesting to see how that will develop since he's back on surface and not aged at all.

Being Manaka is suffering, I'm pretty sure it's going to be hard to watch her when she comes back the last and see how everyone has moved on on their lives, or will they? Are they still going to yearn for the people who haven't returned yet, interesting to see. A lot of relationship are being difficult.

Not aged at all after coming back is really fucked up, so it's interesting to see how the feelings will get mixed up.

Jan 11, 2014 4:08 AM
Episode 14 Was SO UNEXPECTED!!!
I Don't Even Know If It Was In a Good Way Or In a Bad Way ..
I Liked How Miuna, Sayu, Tsumugu, Chisaki & Sayama Grow Up ..
How Akari Grow Up & Had a Baby & Everything ..
BUT WHY SO SUDDEN!!!!!
I Mean, WHY DIDN'T THEY RESCUE THE SEA VILLAGE .. (I Know That It's Not Their Fault .. But Still) ..
I Want Them All To Grow Up Together ..
And I Really Don't Know Who To Ship Anymore .. I JUST DON'T KNOW!!!!
And Tsumugu Turned To Be So HOT!!
I'd Like To See a Grown Up Hikari And a Grown Up Kaname .. AND A GROWN UP MANAKA!!!
EVERYTHING CHANGED WAAAY TO MUCH ;-;
PS ; What The Hell Happened To Manaka?! WHY ISN'T SHE WITH EVERYONE ELSE IN THE OPENING?!
Oh Right I Forgot To Say That The New Opening/Ending Were So Cool *^*

Jan 11, 2014 5:23 AM

This show is really getting more and more exciting!!
Also Kaname appeared in the new OP, so that means he isn't dead :D

I might give the show a 10 after it ends if it proceeds the same way as it does now.

A definite 5/5 for this episode~

Anime List ✼ Manga List ✼ 2019 AWC ✼ 2019 MRC ✼ credit^ 

Jan 11, 2014 5:39 AM

Astoundingly moving!
Kon'nichiwa!
Ogenkidesuka?

For those who play 3DS, please add my Friend Code
0662-3506-8849

Jan 11, 2014 6:52 AM
wheresthehandle said:
I FUCKING LOVE TIMESKIPS
This.

Nice new OP/ED.
Sayu/Miuna grown ups.
New complications.
Ahh, I like this show.

Chibi Hikari idea is damn interesting.
kcuf

Jan 11, 2014 6:59 AM

Dayummm, and there comes the time skip :O Kinda expected but I still wasn't sure about it >< Seems like things really went wrong after that, to think that only Chisaki 'survived' from that day =/
Holy shit, Hikari got back and didn't age at all :O I had considered that this could happen but it just mixes things up so much... I'm in love with this anime more and more ^^

Jan 11, 2014 7:13 AM
Hikari and kaname not growing up really saddened me... i dislike tsumugu allot, so him
being with chisaki (which i like) upsets me. But it seems that its the only ship thats certain at the moment.
I would like tsumugu if he gets like a emotional breakdown and finally admits he likes chisaki orosmething but hes just so plain and boring. all pairings are just... depressing at the moment. i hoped for a manakaxhikari chisakixkaname and tsumugu just being the lonely annoying character he is.

my predictions for now are : kanamexsayu miunaxhikari (untill manaka returns) and *ugh* chisakixtsumugu. i really hope i'm wrong tho, i literally don't like any of these pairings at all.

but since chisaki is 18/19 and kaname 13/14 i see zero chance of them being together. poor kaname...

Jan 11, 2014 9:07 AM

Expected a time skip but didn't know when... Guess it's in this episode.
Great animation, they summarised the important details for the past 5 years by showing small flashbacks. The art was just beautiful.
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

Jan 11, 2014 9:33 AM

After halfway of chaotic romance, this show has been solidified into a perfected bittersweet.
My faith in P. A. Works has paid off. They duly delivered.

Perfect/5 episode. Great development. Great emotions. Great musics. Great everything.

Jan 11, 2014 9:48 AM

Awesome, this episode was simply awesome!!

Jan 11, 2014 10:06 AM

Excellent.

I love the new OP and ED.

Jan 11, 2014 11:46 AM

This is beautiful.. damnit, Miuna x Hikari, make it happen staff!

Jan 11, 2014 12:47 PM
Dang ... Miuna is pretty hot now. It feels kinda awkward now ... Hikari's like five years younger than Chisaki now. So ... yeah. I wonder how this will all work out.

Jan 11, 2014 1:22 PM

Wow, everything has changed except hikari....
This show is keep going strong.... The feelings too...

I love the OP and ED.

Jan 11, 2014 1:26 PM

arghhh..... timeskip
new ed and op. Chisaki left all alpne T.T well Miuna doesn't change that much. wonder why Hikari didn't recognize her. :D
what really happen. can'y really wait for next week. give me the next ep. already dammit. XD

Jan 11, 2014 1:30 PM

Goosebumps everywhere, this episode was really emotional. Love the new OP and ED.
5 years timeskip, elder Chisaki was nice. This show is so awesome.
This signature is empty!

Jan 11, 2014 2:02 PM

I like where this is going.. the post timeskip drama is going to be great, i hope that manaka is now just a symbolism and doesnt come back in the future.

Jan 11, 2014 3:00 PM
Dat time skip! Throwing our paring for a loop... but now I think everyone has their new ideas lol. So ready for this second half, even if it feels like it's going to be more melancholic than the first half.

Jan 11, 2014 3:20 PM

This episode was REALLY GOOD! The time skip of five years and how in this episode they showed everyone's growth over the time skip. I loved every bit of this episode, especially when Hikari just appeared on the coast out of no where. I cannot wait until the next episode.

Great episode!!!

Jan 11, 2014 3:46 PM

This episode was flipping great. I'm a bit confused how Chisaki couldn't go into the ocean after the others? It wasn't frozen then so couldn't she have gone to go hibernate with her parents or something? And how did they fall asleep after sinking anyways? Plus why did Hikari wake up first? I have so many questions I can't wait till the next episode.

Jan 11, 2014 4:40 PM

Loved this episode. So glad about the time skip.

I'm startling to like Chisaki now. Hope she gets together with Tsumugu.

5/5

Jan 11, 2014 6:42 PM
I really loved how the time skip changed things

5/5.

Jan 11, 2014 7:49 PM

woah! really suprised with this episode.. time skip?! 5 years?!
look at them... miuna, chisaki, tsumugu ...
miuna <3 God.. I really like her now! with her long hair and the hairstyle... really really love it! <3
chisaki.. damn chisaki got level up :o wonder if she still has feeling for hikari or not..
tsumugu.. still the "older" one .....

DAT moment when miuna know that hikari has a feeling to manaka </3
DAT moment when hikari finally show up .. with no clothes.. THOSE TEARS!! :''''''''''

Jan 11, 2014 7:52 PM

What a redeeming episode, and a nice change of pace.

Nagi no Asukara female character aesthetics rankings:
Miuna's mom > Miuna (grown) > Chisaki (grown) > Chisaki (child) > Miuna (loli) > Akari (wife) > Sayu (grown) > Manaka > Akari (youth) > Sayu (brat)

Miuna's mom's still got it goin' on.

Jan 11, 2014 11:43 PM

Tranquillity said:
This episode was flipping great. I'm a bit confused how Chisaki couldn't go into the ocean after the others? It wasn't frozen then so couldn't she have gone to go hibernate with her parents or something? And how did they fall asleep after sinking anyways? Plus why did Hikari wake up first? I have so many questions I can't wait till the next episode.

The sea froze over and the Sea God put a wall between his people and the ones on the surface. Since Chisaki was on the surface when it happened, she couldn't go back, much like Akari. My guess is that because she wan't in the sea when hell froze over (she was on the boat hugging Tsumugu, remember) thus the Sea God didn't have the power to make her hibernate.

As for why Hikari woke up first, I distinctly recall that in previous episodes it was mentioned that not everyone will wake up at the same time? Maybe its cause he was further away from the Sea Village or whatever, and the effects of the hibernation kinda shrink from outwards to in?

Just my guess.
HESTIAAPPROVES

Jan 12, 2014 1:00 AM

L-Ryoshi said:
As for why Hikari woke up first, I distinctly recall that in previous episodes it was mentioned that not everyone will wake up at the same time? Maybe its cause he was further away from the Sea Village or whatever, and the effects of the hibernation kinda shrink from outwards to in?

Just my guess.

I have two theories.

#1: People of the sea were fasting before the hibernation. I kind of believe it's because Hikari (and to a certain extent also Kaname and Manaka) continued to eat at the surface.

#2: This theory will hit or miss, depending on how the others will return. For a moment it felt like someone (the sea god) put him there as a gift. Maybe because at that moment Miuna stated her love. Maybe, if someone wishes really hard, to get the sea people (or someone specifically) back - it may happen? This would actually be quite the obstacle and put (at least for me) a deep meaning into the hibernation. Because then, to get the sea village back, people from the surface would have to wish for a life together with the sea people.

Well, the second one is probably not likely (but I thought it would be a great idea :D ). It would kind of make me sad, if there is no particular reason - but actually, it could very well be just 'coincidence'.

Jan 12, 2014 1:23 AM
5 Years... Hikari surfaces... wait at what point was he taken to the bottom?

Jan 12, 2014 1:27 AM
Now that Hikari surfaced the opporunity for Tsumugu x Chisaki kinda vanished. It depends now how long it will take till Manaka will show up. And if it takes too long we might get a Hikari x Chisaki soon.

Jan 12, 2014 1:50 AM

moriandrio said:
Now that Hikari surfaced the opporunity for Tsumugu x Chisaki kinda vanished. It depends now how long it will take till Manaka will show up. And if it takes too long we might get a Hikari x Chisaki soon.

Chisaki has already put her feelings out there. If anything seeing Hikari gives her hope things will go back to as they were before the hibernation. I believe she'll try to remain friends considering all she's gone through first and foremost.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid

Jan 12, 2014 1:57 AM

Well, that was nice and all but I want to complaint for the lack of Kaname. I hope Sayu or Hikari's the one who find him. Please don't let it be Chisaki or Tsumugu... let that poor kid forget his pain for a little longer.

Jan 12, 2014 2:03 AM
It seems that all posts are written here by little girls.

1) it is quite evident that the only one among all characters who Chisaki will end up with is Tsumugu. She has grown and there is no turning back. Chisaki already had feelings for Tsumugu and even if she still hasn't admitted them to herself she will in the future. She will understand that Tsumugu is already part of her life and she can't live without him.

2) About Hikari it is 100% that he will get along with Miuna until crybaby returns. Then he will go out wth Manaka. It is anime for kids not for grown people and everything will be solved easily. Unlike in real life.

As for others including Kaname don't care.

One more thing. Certain people don't like Tsumugu only because his actions seems like of an older person. II am myself older than many people who watch this and Tsmugu is the only character I am really interested with. Now as Chisaki has grown and matured she is the second character I will be interested in. Others including worst main character among all I have ever seen- Hikari- are just brats and nothing more.

Jan 12, 2014 2:28 AM

solomon585858 said:
It seems that all posts are written here by little girls.

1) it is quite evident that the only one among all characters who Chisaki will end up with is Tsumugu. She has grown and there is no turning back. Chisaki already had feelings for Tsumugu and even if she still hasn't admitted them to herself she will in the future. She will understand that Tsumugu is already part of her life and she can't live without him.

2) About Hikari it is 100% that he will get along with Miuna until crybaby returns. Then he will go out wth Manaka. It is anime for kids not for grown people and everything will be solved easily. Unlike in real life.

As for others including Kaname don't care.

One more thing. Certain people don't like Tsumugu only because his actions seems like of an older person. II am myself older than many people who watch this and Tsmugu is the only character I am really interested with. Now as Chisaki has grown and matured she is the second character I will be interested in. Others including worst main character among all I have ever seen- Hikari- are just brats and nothing more.

Even if you may not support other opinions you shouldn't disregard them as though they were nothing. Now about the rest of your post...

1) I myself have seen the dynamic between Tsumugu and Chisaki. Now whether either of them decides on admitting their feelings is still up for debate. If either has any to begin with.

2) I more or less feel that Miuna looked up to Hikari and in the process some puppy love was brought up. Though Manaka may seem un-noteworthy she may have a major role here in the coming episodes.

3) I don't feel that this anime is built solely for kids at all. The depth at which the characters are developed and the morals that are based around this shows plot are much more noteworthy of a show directed toward a somewhat older audience. That's not to say younger people such as kids wont enjoy it. Many kids today go through something similar to this emotionally.

4) Finally I don't feel any of the characters are brats. As it was mentioned in this show, adults are just as often childish as kids themselves. Each character that's made serves a purpose, whether or not others see that is up to the individual.
Modified by 7thVoid, Jan 12, 2014 2:50 AM
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

Jan 12, 2014 2:39 AM
7thVoid said:
moriandrio said:

Chisaki has already put her feelings out there. If anything seeing Hikari gives her hope things will go back to as they were before the hibernation. I believe she'll try to remain friends considering all she's gone through first and foremost.

Chisaki still loves Hikari that is obvious. And it seems that her feeling for Tsumugu are more like for a Family member. They might have build some sort of Affection during those 5 years but with the return of Hikari her true feelings will show.

And lets see what happens while only Chisaki and Hikari are on the surface while Manaka is still hibernating.

Jan 12, 2014 2:47 AM

moriandrio said:
7thVoid said:
moriandrio said:

Chisaki still loves Hikari that is obvious. And it seems that her feeling for Tsumugu are more like for a Family member. They might have build some sort of Affection during those 5 years but with the return of Hikari her true feelings will show.

And lets see what happens while only Chisaki and Hikari are on the surface while Manaka is still hibernating.

We shall.

Jan 12, 2014 3:36 AM

Man...i guess this is the best anime of 2013..
I really loved the time skip, i and loved how grown up are the characters...

About the new couples:
Miuna x Hikari FTW
Sorry Manaka, but your place has been taken.
Miuna has turned into a best girl successfully!

And Tsumugu x Chisaki must be together! They have an weird , but perfect chemistry :D

Kaname will end with Sayu, another perfect couple *-*

Btw:
Time Skip Couples >>>> All

Of course, there others pairs combinations in the story, but i think these are better :3
This is just the beggining of the romance, yay o/
Cant wait for the next week, hey someone can lend me a time machine ? -qq
Modified by Thelight52, Jan 12, 2014 3:49 AM

Jan 12, 2014 4:14 AM

excellent episode! all of those time skip changes is epic! Great OP & ED!

Jan 12, 2014 5:40 AM

Yay a Timeskip! Now that the characters have grown up a bit more I hope they focus more on the mystery of the series and the how the world changes, instead of cringeworthy kids playing love.

Altough seeing that Hikari is still a kid sort of makes me fear that now Miuna and him are going to have cringeworthy love drama. I hope the series grows up from this point, I am really interested in the whole universe and what is going on, but the least interesting thing of all the past half where their relationship and love dramas between each other. I hated it.

Jan 12, 2014 7:40 AM

baki502 said:
Yay a Timeskip! Now that the characters have grown up a bit more I hope they focus more on the mystery of the series and the how the world changes, instead of cringeworthy kids playing love.

Altough seeing that Hikari is still a kid sort of makes me fear that now Miuna and him are going to have cringeworthy love drama. I hope the series grows up from this point, I am really interested in the whole universe and what is going on, but the least interesting thing of all the past half where their relationship and love dramas between each other. I hated it.

There might be some more focus about the mystery of the series since Tsugumu is now researching about it, but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.
Modified by Vanisher, Jan 12, 2014 7:49 AM

Jan 12, 2014 8:28 AM

I've waited to watch this episode for 2 weeks, and the timeskip is 5 years, cool.

I love the new OP and ED. I didn't saw Manaka in the OP, but in the ED it's just her.

I thought they have new characters, but it was just Miuna and Sayu, they're so big now.

Akari blessed with a baby boy, Akira.

There are some flashbacks of what happened. Chisaki live now with Tsumugu.

Lol, Miuna refuse on going out with that boy, poor guy. Miuna loves someone already, who might that be?

Whoa, there's Hikari, looks like he hasn't grown yet. What will happen next?

Jan 12, 2014 9:01 AM

A 5 year timeskip surprised me and they've gone to a aftermath like storytelling
The narrating has been passed from Hikari to Miuna
Seeing her and the others grown up safely made me feel at ease

They mixed in some fragments in between as well with Akari's pregnancy and Tsumugu's grandfather taking in Chisaki
She is such a beauty

That ending scene was such a feast to the eye along with the soundtrack
Poor Hikari coming back from Hibernation like that
Stripped naked and losing 5 years of fun

New OP and ED fitting the matured theme
I will miss the best ED song of last season

Jan 12, 2014 12:44 PM

Go Miuna!!

Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »