Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Nagi no Asukara Episode 14 Discussion

Jan 9, 2014 8:45 PM

Hikari came back the same as 5 years ago!

Hikari x Miuna! Make. It. Happen.

Jan 9, 2014 9:03 PM

catullus said:
AshenKingdom said:
I'm a little confused, why didn't Chisaki dive in after her friends? It seemed a little weird to me. Anyways, why are like half the comments saying that ships have sunk when they haven't? It's a five year timeskip, not a fifty year one. Sure, 14 and 19 sound far apart, but 18 and 23 don't.

because tsumugu fell in and hes the only one who cant breathe underwater. Also she obviously didn't know what would happen but seriously why would you jump into that ocean at that point? it was crazy. Id like to see you think rationally when a cataclysm is happening to you.

That just shows how much she cares. And for those who believe otherwise I'll say this(as a friend).
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid

Jan 9, 2014 9:04 PM

NO,the HikariXChisaki ship is not dead yet,it cant be,i wont let it! We can still hang on,and if it sinks,ill become a ship myself,and carry on the dreams of our fallen comrades!

Im feeling pretty disturbed as a Chisaki fan that Hikari is now 5 years younger,semi-pissed aswell,please give them back their age :<.

Jan 9, 2014 9:15 PM
Observer

I see this series is going for your feels.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

Jan 9, 2014 9:16 PM

Man, love this series.

The good feel when you discover that something you have 0 expectatives of being good, turns out to be great!

Weeks are getting longer and longer

Jan 9, 2014 9:16 PM

@Itatexawaii - I do this because I don't wish to have a text wall overflowing the page. I too feel for Chisaki quite a bit. It's as you've said no one deserves something like that. But! I don't agree with you about Miuna possibly doing something else. You must remember she's only thirteen or so here. I will admit though that she did take advantage of the situation. Then again even if you couldn't do anything wouldn't you try to anyway as a person?
Modified by 7thVoid, Jan 9, 2014 9:20 PM
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

Jan 9, 2014 9:17 PM

catullus said:
AshenKingdom said:
I'm a little confused, why didn't Chisaki dive in after her friends? It seemed a little weird to me. Anyways, why are like half the comments saying that ships have sunk when they haven't? It's a five year timeskip, not a fifty year one. Sure, 14 and 19 sound far apart, but 18 and 23 don't.

because tsumugu fell in and hes the only one who cant breathe underwater. Also she obviously didn't know what would happen but seriously why would you jump into that ocean at that point? it was crazy. Id like to see you think rationally when a cataclysm is happening to you.

Also, there's the fact that once Manaka was "received" by the sea god, he sent out this wave signal that put the entire ocean in hibernation which is why Hikari and Kaname went to sleep as well. He also seems to watch over the sea villiage by using maelstroms and tidal wave to keep anyone from getting close. I'm guessing the sea god started doing this right after he put everyone to sleep. This is probably why not only could Chisaki not go after them, but she was also probably in shock. Do you see what she looked like after it was all over and they were on shore? She was just sitting on the floor lifeless with a blank look in her eyes.

Jan 9, 2014 9:24 PM

WOW i have really enjoyed this episode, the greatest episode actually of this series, this show hit really strong at the start(for the remaining half of the series), actually its so nice, im not a so fan of time skip, but for this show it work perfectly,(well for miuana lol) extremely looking forward for the next episode, its pretty evident people actually loved the episode

Jan 9, 2014 9:30 PM
Still fucking hate Chisaki though.

Jan 9, 2014 9:30 PM

Wow, this was such a great episode! I must have watched it like 3 times today to make sure that I caught mostly everything. Coming into this episode, I was pretty against the time skip, especially one this long, but now that I've seen how things work out as a semi-time skip with Hikari and Kaname literally exactly how they were after the last episode (but with some fresh new style) I'm not nearly as disappointed and I'll probably grow to think it's better this way. The OP is just… amazing, not quite as splendid as the first OP but still, I’ve watched it countless time today.

As for the "ship-quake" that's happened due to, well you know... and the emergence of a quite realistic Hikari x Miuna and Kaname x Sayu possibilities, I think there will definitely be a struggle before anyone gets together for sure. I don't think for a second that Hikari will ever give up on getting Manaka back and fall for his niece-in-law so easily despite them now being the same biological age. And same goes for Kaname regarding Chisaki, when he wakes up I don't think his feelings for her will change at all, just because he hasn't aged and she has, that's certainly not stopping Chisaki from still loving... whoever she still likes.

Also, I'm not convinced the one that she still likes after all these years is Hikari, I think maybe she's had time to reflect on things and given up on him after he continued to pursue Manaka and realize that, unlike Hikari, Kaname has always actively supported her and genuinely loved her as the only one for him. I mean it's probably still Hikari, but I would prefer Kaname (I just want to see him be happy, he deserves it more than anyone in my opinion.)

Oh boy Miuna, the first thing you do when you see Hikari reemerge naked after 5 years is run over and give him, according to Tsumugu, "unnecessary" mouth-to-mouth... I don't even know what to say, I mean she even knew that “he likes Manaka” and still kept her heart on reserve despite not knowing whether he was dead or going to sleep for 50+ years and having a genuinely nice and charming guy “like her since grade school”. I was really hoping that she wouldn't become a romantic contender in this series, but I'll just have to deal with it. I feel a little better about Sayu though, and I’m not quite sure why but I like her “strong, independent woman” approach to reserving her heart for Kaname though I also feel she will continue to find her feelings unrequited.

I could write forever about this glorious show, but I’ll end with just a few things I’ve been thinking about throughout the day since seeing this episode. First, poor Chisaki, enough said, no one deserves what happened to her.
I wonder how the others will take finding out that Manaka slammed into the sea floor, for all they know she just fell asleep like everyone else and the only one to witness this was Hikari who probably fell asleep trying to save her.
Also, I still can’t read Tsumugu at all; all I can tell is that he definitely came to accept Chisaki into his home, but as a friend/family member or romantic interest, I can’t tell.
I hope Gramps gets better, but seeing the darker, dramatic path down the road, I don’t think that’s likely to happen, I just hope they don’t use his possible death as drama-for-the-sake-of-drama.
I noticed from the OP that Uroko-sama is not asleep – you gots some ‘splaining to do!
I simply cannot wait for Kaname to return, I need more of him in my life.
Oh Tsumugu, how well you have aged.
It’s weird now having Chisaki and Tsumugu my age and doing adult things.
I have absolutely no idea what’s going on with Manaka, but it doesn’t seem like she’s dead so there’s still some life boats on the Hikari x Manaka ship.
I’m also wondering if Hikari and Kaname will have to go back to middle or possibly high school, I mean they didn’t graduate but then again, they’re technically 18 and they weren’t in any uniform during the OP so…
Why is Akira (Akari’s son) exactly like Miuna before the time skip?! I thought their child would have some Sakishima spunk and boldness, but I guess he deserves some points for his “Kancho”, wonder where he learned that from?
It’s nice to know that there is actually a world beyond their little town with 13 more sea villages in Japan, where were they during the Ofunehiki?
Poor Minegishi (the guy that confessed to Miuna) he seems like such a good guy and his love for Miuna seems so passionate yet he got denied so heartlessly. I really hope that he doesn’t go away, he’s just a victim of her unrealistic expectation to wait for Hikari.

Geez, this turned out a lot longer than I planned. I’m sorry, this show just makes me love it more and more. Needless to say, I can’t wait for next week and the following 11 after that.

Jan 9, 2014 9:35 PM

Cool, time skip. Must've been hard for Chisaki to be up there without most of the others for 5 years though.

The fact that they showed how Hikari's appearance (and probably age) didn't change makes a Miuna x Hikari pairing much more likely. Though I'd still prefer a Manaka x Hikari.

Jan 9, 2014 9:36 PM

@7thVoid - I really apologize about the wall of text, I just started writing and didn't really know where to cut it down. Thank you for your input regarding Miuna, now that you say it, I better understand why she did it, I guess a mix of disbelief, having some of her feelings take over, and trying to revive him the only way she knew how. She doesn't seem much of the calm-under-pressure type from what I've noticed.

Jan 9, 2014 9:38 PM

Don't get the Chisaki hate. Most people who hate on her are being immature.

Jan 9, 2014 9:40 PM
Great Episode

Jan 9, 2014 9:44 PM

Itatexawaii said:
@7thVoid - I really apologize about the wall of text, I just started writing and didn't really know where to cut it down. Thank you for your input regarding Miuna, now that you say it, I better understand why she did it, I guess a mix of disbelief, having some of her feelings take over, and trying to revive him the only way she knew how. She doesn't seem much of the calm-under-pressure type from what I've noticed.

No need for apologies. I just thought It be easier that way is all. About what you said with Miuna... I feel she puts herself under pressure because she can't accept whats out of her control. That's how most people are.

Jan 9, 2014 9:45 PM

Still want to see Hikari become his real age,as in body.
Lets be real here,its not happening right,he is gonna stay 5 years younger than Chisaki isnt he?

Jan 9, 2014 9:51 PM

lol does Hikari go back to school now?

Jan 9, 2014 9:59 PM

This really took it up another notch with this episode.
Almost unbelievable Hikari hasn't changed at all in 5 years.. Will the others wake up soon? and so many other questions now.

Jan 9, 2014 9:59 PM

AshenKingdom said:
Anyways, why are like half the comments saying that ships have sunk when they haven't? It's a five year timeskip, not a fifty year one. Sure, 14 and 19 sound far apart, but 18 and 23 don't.

THIS.
pew pew pew

Jan 9, 2014 10:00 PM

Great execution on the time skip. Based from this episode, I'd like Tsumugu and Chisaki to end up together. They look good together. :3 Well, the OP seems to tell (obviously) about who will up with who later. Hikari whose age stopped with the start of the hibernation, and same for Kaname. But, I'm curious on the exact details on Manaka. Looking forward to the upcoming episodes.

Jan 9, 2014 10:03 PM
Man, overflowing feelings that I can't contain right now...
Let me point out one thing, GROWN UP CHISAKI IS FREAKIN' HOT!!
Love how this episode begins from slow pace and tensed up near ending (NAKED HIKARI) Lol

I'm crying when Akari is torn apart about Hikari...
And also when Chisaki cried in the night... T___T

Well, about TsuSaki,
Yes, Tsumugu thought Chisaki still like Hikari.
But he didn't know Hikari rejected her (by loving Manaka) and Kaname confessed to her.
So yeah, I can't wait to see Kaname return. (NAKED KANAME ><)

I don't get why Chisaki getting all the hate here.
She likes Hikari and Kaname likes her, but Tsumugu is kinda blur. He's only friend in the beginning.
She's losing her family and friends. Tsumugu's grandpa taking her in.
That is so damn sad.
Not forget to mention the guilt she had towards Kaname for not answer his confession.

I'm all in for TsuSaki.
Can't I get some Yosuga No Sora kinda H scene for them? *lol joking* It would destroy this beautiful anime.

Anyway, about Manaka.
Since she's shown in both OP and ED, probably she'll wake up last. And others welcome her.
(so that's why waking up in different time is the issue back there).

So sad to say, MiunaxHikari kinda far away while Manaka still in the picture.
KanamexSayu still likely to happen. It depends who Chisaki choose (Tsumugu or Kaname).

98 out of 98 for this episode! Two points lost for no Manaka and Kaname :p

Jan 9, 2014 10:12 PM

Can't believe how everything changed in five years. T___T Chisaki was alone all those times but she had Tsugumu and his grandfather. Akari has an adorable child. Miuna and Sayu OMG. They are about the same age as Hikari, Kaname, and Manaka. The hibernation state made Hikari the same age as then. : O

Jan 9, 2014 10:14 PM

some serious shit went down. It really picked up

Jan 9, 2014 10:18 PM

MY HEART.

I really hope they don't follow through with the Miuna x Hikari pairing now that they are the same-ish age.. Please come back Manaka ;__;

I can see a Chisaki x Tsumugu pairing happening now. The flashbacks were terrible :-(( But they seem to have feelings for eachother.

But hey who knows.. As long as Hikari and Manaka get to kiss I'm fine with whatever happens.

Jan 9, 2014 10:26 PM

i hope manaka comes back much later when everyone is old. after watching the op and ed seems they will go that route :)

Jan 9, 2014 10:42 PM

So...many... feels......

I had no idea Miuna and Sayu were gonna be such central characters. Pleasantly surprised though, to see the shift. I'm liking the Tsumugu x Chisaki pairing as well. I'm predicting Kaname x Sayu, Tsumugu x Chisaki, Hikari x Manaka, New kid x Miuna.

Jan 9, 2014 10:42 PM
The little image for this anime always reminded me of Shinsekai Yori's and now it does the timeskip like it too. Are half the characters going to die now? :p

Jan 9, 2014 10:52 PM

I feel so bad for Chisaki right now. Her entire family and basically all her friends were trapped somewhere sleeping under the sea, I'd be so lonely if something like that happened to me. :(
Miuna and Sayu look cool as teenagers.
I hope Manaka's alright and comes back.
wow gay

Jan 9, 2014 11:00 PM
This was just perfect. Talk about a perfect time skip episode. From the beautiful opening to the heart wrenching scenes, the flashbacks, the kind of pain but longing you get when you see everything has changed. And poor Hikari...no Manaka and everyone has grown.

This was perfect.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!

Jan 9, 2014 11:30 PM

Beautiful episode.
Love the OP, the ED is good musically but boring visually.

Jan 10, 2014 12:09 AM

Damn, Saw the timeskip coming but wasn't thinking it be five years. Feel like I'm watching a different show after just one episode. New pairings, tone, feels.

Just to think I thought about dropping this after the second episode. Glad I didn't.
Blindwolf Anime <- My Blog

Jan 10, 2014 1:09 AM

Beautiful OP and ED, loved the OP especially.
Tone's changed massively this episode.
Dem flashbacks. Chisaki, and Akari crying..
Chisaki and the lonely housewife description XDXD
Wow, just wow at how Chisaki, Miuna and Sayu look ~5 years on. dayum. hot as.
Miuunaaa~
HikarixMiuna(UnclexNiece < Just realised that btw), SayuxKaname and TsumuguxChisaki more likely to occur now..
Hm, with Hikari back at the end of this ep, perhaps Kaname back next ep? Waiting on everyone else too..
Felt sad for Miuna when Hikari didn't recognise and when Hikari shouted "Manaka!" when he regain consciousness.
And also Manaka.. I was sure she died, having hit the sea bed as hard as she did. But seeing the OP and ED, I'm not that sure anymore.
We'll just have to see I guess.
Absolutely amazing episode. Sad too ofc.
Modified by SandyBoi, Jan 10, 2014 10:29 PM

Jan 10, 2014 1:33 AM

Love this change of direction, the anime really needed it.

Jan 10, 2014 2:08 AM

This episode was great. That was a great way to do a time skip. Great start to the 2nd cour. I think this cour is gonna be more epic than the first one.

I'm routing for Chisaki x Tsumugu

Jan 10, 2014 2:24 AM

I'm glad Sayu and Miuna are getting larger roles. It felt centered around the five before the timeskip, so this cour looks wonderful so far.

cynic09 said:
catullus said:
final pairings predicted right here and im going to be right.

tsumugu x manaka
hikari x miuna
kaname x chisaki (the real reason chisaki seems sad)

I hope you're right. I can't stand the thought of Chisaki with Tsumugu. I feel she's too good for him or rather no one is her equal except maybe Kaname. I'd be so pissed if she ends up with Tsumugu.

I hope to god that you shake with fury when the ending comes.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame

Jan 10, 2014 2:36 AM

Whoa, so much turn of events in this episode!! Didn't expect a time skip, Chisaki being alone in the surface, and a (probably) change of pairings!!

I feel bad for Chisaki being left alone! She should've stayed in the sea as well! Now, everyone she loves (Hikari and Kaname) are still kids except her. So she'll probably end up with Tsumugu then.

My past pairing prefence: Hikari and Chisaki, Manaka and Tsumugu, Kaname had no pairing. Present pairing preference: Hikari and Miuna, Chisaki and Tsumugu, Kaname and Sayu, Manaka has present pairing.

All of sudden, this is show is insanely awesome! It just beat Golden Time this week!!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket

Jan 10, 2014 3:03 AM

Somehow, all of a sudden Chisaki seems like the main character. Wait, where is Manaka? She wasn't in opening song...

5 years time skip and Chisaki is so older now! The scenery is still mouthwatering! Romance-wise , this series has proven to be a bomb! I have never seen such enexpected pairings in a single anime, and this is the mother of them all. Akari-chan became even prettier. That kancho attack is... erotic.

Miuna and Sayu have become so mature and beautiful, esp. Sayu. Oh God, another guy is here who possibly might like Miuna, just how many pairings this series has?

Fine, fine, I like Tsumugu x Chisaki. If possible I wanted Chisaki x Hikari but oh well... Alll the couple dynamics changed, time skips are so so unfair.. That scene near the end! Fine I like Miuna x Hikari too. That ending song!

Guys, this is the anime to watch! I always loved it, but now... just wow

Jan 10, 2014 3:42 AM

All aboard the feel train.

Chisaki is so mature now, it almost saddens me knowing how bad she would have felt during the 5 years.

This (personal) is one of the best time skips I have ever seen. I can expect ALOT more drama to come.

Jan 10, 2014 4:05 AM

It''s been 5 years . Miuna & Saya grew up <3 & Chisaki was left on surface T_T
The OP and ED are good :) Well, hello Hikari :D

Jan 10, 2014 4:25 AM
Finally some decent development, it was about time.
Chisaki needs to move on over her crush for Hikari, tho.

Jan 10, 2014 4:38 AM

Coldseed said:
I don't think Tsumugu was into Chisaki that much I would say that he was rather into Manaka. I really don't want Kaname to end up with Sayu, I could come up with several reasons why I think that ship is wrong but I think I'll just say that's just bad and it shouldn't happen

I'm so happy I read this post, I thought I was the only one who thought the KanameX Sayu shipping was a bit ... you know, but i do feel bad for that guy. Hopefully he makes his grand return and lets see what happens :) *thumbs up for Kaname

Jan 10, 2014 4:48 AM

Amazing episode. Can't believe Hikari and the rest have been hibernating for five years a
Ready. I really hope he ends up with Miuna.
Looks like chisaki will probably end up Tsumgu. Man, the story just keeps getting better.

Jan 10, 2014 5:31 AM
Gahhhhhh I wanna see more!!! AHH IT BURNS
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.

Jan 10, 2014 6:23 AM

-i didn't even bother watching this series because it was full of young middle school kids from episode 1 and i'm a college student. so trying to connect with them is awkward cuz of age.

-i knew episode 14 would have a new OP & ED. both are pretty good

-i quickly skimmed each episode the week it comes out. i definitely noticed the 5 year age skip. they look much older and mature. since there's like 12 more episodes to go, i think i will go and start watching this series.

-i hope episode 1 won't disappoint because the genres of this anime is very attractive. i just can't put up with middle school kids because they're not mature at all and have no common sense. 5 year time skip ftw
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.

Jan 10, 2014 6:37 AM

KanameFujiwara said:
Shadowwolfcat said:
So far, this has been one of the best episodes in this anime. THERE IS SO MUCH TO LOVE ABOUT IT! X3

1. Perfect build of pace.

The episode started with a very slow speed, perfect for one which needs to recap sadness and tragedy over the years. The tension gradually built up to the point of the confession where Miuna reveals to the viewers her pure emotion concerning her feelings even without the use of words and then exploded with the event of the resurfacing of Hikari, which was a perfect piece of animation.

2. The actual development of the characters is shown to the viewer.

We don't just get an "Oh, well, ya see, they all got bigger and more mature". No, we see all of the characters moving on in greater detail.

Akari's part is the one, which probably touched me the most. Her heart was one of the two I consider the most broken (hers and Chisaki's). She lost her family and home, just like Chisaki, however, she was an adult and couldn't take advantage of the instant break-down a child is allowed. As a grown-up, she had to pull herself together on the spot. In the scene when she is shown to have regained consciousness, her soul is obviously going to be just as troubled and in just as much pain as Chisaki's, but rather than cry or stay silent, she takes responsibility and offers the girl a place to stay. Talk about being truly mature. But if they had left it just at that, it wouldn't have meant much for her development, HOWEVER, when she reacts to finding out she's pregnant, we see all that pain she kept inside just come out. Her insecurity, unease and sorrow come down on her. Most mothers would have an abortion and Akari obviously had that intention, yet Miuna came to the rescue at that one moment and reassured Akari to have the child and with that, to also live on. And really, think of all the problems she'd have with raising the child. Despite having a husband and a helping hand from her daughter, a mother is expected to always be happy, smiling, helpful and caring, which I do not doubt was hard to do when you lost your homeland, brother, father and friends from the sea.

I get why people still dislike Chisaki, but I think they should lay off for awhile. Alright, yes, it bothers me when we have a character who seems to get all of the characters from the opposite gender as if it was a harem. She was in love with Hikari, but Kaname loved her and she had good interactions with Tsumugu, not to mention other boys from her class liked and harassed her. Yes, she is that type of character. However, unlike some characters of that kind, she isn't mindless or stupid. She went through so much pain at that early age, 14. The time between 11 and 18/20 is pretty unstable for everyone, with puberty and all that emotional and hormonal surge going on. This being said, losing your family, your friends and your home, in other words EVERYTHING, at that age or at any age really, would be an utter disaster for any person. So, haters, you can hate, but don't be too cruel, because the girl seriously had it hard from the beginning.

I like her and Tsumugu's relationship =3 This is the kind of relationship we all know exists, but is rarely displayed in an anime, unless it's the main focus of the story and always quickly turns into true pure-heart love or something our of comedy. This is the "forcefully accepted relationship", but it's a specific case. I actually haven't seen an anime with this kind of relationship. Most times it's some emperor/king/lord/w/e getting a bride/wife/lover by force or duty and they quickly find out they love each other. When it comes to Tsumugu and Chisaki, the both of them never wanted to live together before the accident, they were just friends with no love interest whatsoever and they didn't have that much in common in the first place, however, the CIRCUMSTANCES lead to them living together under the same roof, where they mutually accepted everything. They were forced by the situation to come together and, rather than deny this, they simply accepted it and decided to live on. This reminds me of an arranged marriage, where the two people didn't know each other beforehand, they don't have pure love burning, but they accept to live and be together, which eventually lead them to finding some good traits about the other and find a reason why they should love them. I actually see Tsumugu as the responsible husband, who doesn't say much, is reserved, calm, steady and knowledgeable and will do all he can to maintain harmony in his home. His feelings for Chisaki I see develop in the before-mentioned manner. He didn't have any feelings for her at first, just being friendly. Then he felt guilt and sadness after the incident and when seeing how broken she was. Afterwards he discovers feeling happy when seeing her smile and get herself back on her feet. When the accident with his grandfather happens, he starts feeling responsible, like, he's the one who has to take care of the family now. Oh, and he also realizes what it means to have a family. Finally, he's warmed up to Chisaki, probably seeing her as a love-interest, but he discarded the option of confessing anything he felt or even touching the topic, because he knows she loves another. Again, responsible husband behavior. He knows she loves Hikari, but doesn't try persuading her to forget, because he understands her pain. Talking with her briefly and asking if she'd go to the Tomoehiki (?) shows his concern and care for her, but he doesn't try to bother her when she says she wouldn't go, because he knows it's best to give her time to get over it.
I really think that this couple should stay and work out. It would show the audience that even if you date/marry someone you barely know or have little interest in, it's possible for it to work out. Two lonely hearts are best together, because they can keep each other warm =3

Concerning Miuna, well, the episode said it all, since she was more or less the main focus of it. Helping your mother and impossible feelings. All parts of growing up. She's gotten mature, I admit. I'll be interested in seeing how she realizes how much she herself has changed. It's a big leap between those two ages, most memories are vague and it would be wonderful if they show her inner turmoil with remembering and dealing with the fact that she is a different person.

3. Soundtrack, OP, Ending Theme

AMAZING. The Opening and Ending themes were just perfect for the melancholia that is going to be overwhelming this coming season.

I really liked the paper airplane bit.
Leading bright blue- Hikari
Purple at the back- Tsumugu
Light Green(?) at the farthest back -Kaname
Pink- Chisaki
Yellow - Miuna
Orange (?) next to yellow - Sau
Pure white, but was in the shot before the main 6 - Manaka

I love those little details of symbolism <3

Write a review already >:O
If only MAL had a rating system to upvote comments like yours....

Jan 10, 2014 6:50 AM

cynic09 said:
catullus said:
final pairings predicted right here and im going to be right.

tsumugu x manaka
hikari x miuna
kaname x chisaki (the real reason chisaki seems sad)

I hope you're right. I can't stand the thought of Chisaki with Tsumugu. I feel she's too good for him or rather no one is her equal except maybe Kaname. I'd be so pissed if she ends up with Tsumugu.

Oh I agree so much with this.
Hoping you're right.
Modified by SandyBoi, Jan 10, 2014 6:58 AM

Jan 10, 2014 8:01 AM

I want Chisaki x Kaname. I'm still conflicted about Manaka x Hikari or Manaka x Tsumugu.

Jan 10, 2014 8:33 AM

I thought Kaname was struck by the falling pillar last episode. But it seems like he is all alive and well in the OP somehow..?

I must say I expected a standard Hanasaku Iroha show with SOL/coming of age themes added with people from the land and sea. If this was shown in a theatre I will be standing up and clapping at the end.

Lots of unexplained issues, like how and why Hikari and Kaname is hibernating. (forced into hibernation by Uroko perhaps?)

Hikari also teleported to the surface somehow.

Lastly, I love Miuna's new hairstyle.
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!

Jan 10, 2014 9:03 AM

The timeskip was pretty interesting.
Miuna sure is pretty!
Was it mentioned in the anime that those who hibernate don't age? can't remember a thing >.<
and why was Hikari naked O.o? Will all of them wake up like that?

Jan 10, 2014 9:03 AM

oh man, such a pretty opening. it makes me love that show even more.

ahhh, and we finally have the time skip! oh my, i was so excited when i realized it *u*

first of all i loved miuna's reaction toward the baby. and she called akari "mum" :') that was just too precious. i'm so glad they're a cute family now. and older miuna looks adorable.

but i just really hope the main focus during the second half of that anime won't be at miuna, sayu and their classmates, like a second generation. i like them, but i still want to see the "actual" main characters. well, at least hikari came back at the end, so i guess the main characters will still be main characters (and he didn't grow older which surprised me a lot. i'm curious how things will turn out now.).

gosh, i really love that show. it makes me feel so melancholic and sad, but at the same time it's so goddamn pretty.
and it really feels like shinsekai yori now which worries me because it doesn't seem unlikely that some of the characters will die sooner or later...

edit: oh, after reading through this forum i just realized that hikari might be blind? o_o i didn't really realized it, like i haven't even thought about it like that. maybe i had a different sub and it wasn't that clear. oh my. if that's true then i need the next episode right now.

Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »