Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2009 12:41 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
need moar
Mar 14, 2009 6:20 AM

Dec 2007
yeah, need moar !
Apr 15, 2009 12:11 PM

Oct 2008
Wow, It was sad how bout the slaves...hope Luffy kicks their ass, although Im looking forward to the next episode very much to learn more bout some of the pirates with higher bounty than luffy =o!.
Apr 15, 2009 1:05 PM

Apr 2009
lol i already forgot what was the episode about...
May 5, 2009 9:55 PM

Dec 2008
rofl @ zoro mistaking the #41 as a one.
heh... he never fails to get lost does he? bet hes gonna encounter one of those descendants and get in trouble (like always)
Dec 22, 2009 10:54 PM

Oct 2009
I feel some whoopass coming around the corner...
Mar 28, 2010 1:09 AM

Oct 2008
Damn, that's harsh.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 16, 2010 5:17 PM

May 2008
action need the action =D

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 23, 2010 11:12 PM

Jun 2010
So those Celestial Dragons have some kind of control over the government as well, still wouldnt surprise me Luffy making an enemy of them, hes got to make a splash in the New World after all.
Apr 11, 2011 1:20 AM

Jul 2007
Wow this episode had some very immportant story elements of the history of the one piece world. i am surprised Hatchin and that starfish know so much about all this.

The introduction of the "world nobles" the highest authority members and citizens of the "holy land of Marijou" from ancient times, before the world government was constructed and royal decedents of the 20 kings. Interesting stuff.

So i am guessing, many years ago before the World government was created. There existed an advanced civilization, part of this was also revealed in the robin's back story. It is kind of all coming together. These 20 legendary kings were the rulers of this ancient kingdom. The holy land of Marijou i am guessing is the highest authority of the world government and also probably part of that advanced civilization. I'm just thinking ahead here. The Gorusei are the 5 remaining people of that civilization. Also just by all the battle scars they have and there old age is proof of that. I am thinking outside the box here lol. I don't know if what im saying is true but im pretty sure part of it is.

Also those World nobles seem like bastards, yet i bet there not even strong. Probably just some regular people, but since t hey have the highest authority. Attacking them would be an act of war.

May 12, 2011 2:23 PM

Jun 2009
This kind of reminds me of Bellamy from the Jaya arc only on a much larger scale. I hope Luffy hands them the ass beating they obviously deserve, though it would definitely lead to complications for the crew..
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 29, 2011 9:18 PM

May 2010
Liking this new "alternate universe" and out of this world Sabaody Archipelago! haha Everything is all new, unique and creative..hehe but these Celestial Dragons needs some trashing! ASAP!
Aug 2, 2011 9:06 PM

Aug 2010
Can't wait till Luffy wreaks havoc everywhere
Feb 2, 2012 12:02 PM

Jan 2012
i love the start of new arcs because here is where oda amazes me with his creativity in building new worlds/aspects! the slave trading and world government aristocracy aspect is new and interesting - can't wait until luffy messes it up.
Mar 22, 2012 8:22 PM

Jan 2010
neenalie said:
i love the start of new arcs because here is where oda amazes me with his creativity in building new worlds/aspects! the slave trading and world government aristocracy aspect is new and interesting - can't wait until luffy messes it up.

I have to agree :). The way Oda does worldbuilding is simply amazing. The aspects with slave trading/racism make the world seem more realistic.
Nov 17, 2012 1:33 PM

Mar 2010
Amazed luffy didn't do anything yet.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 2, 2012 4:02 PM

Oct 2010
It was a very interesting episode. I also noticed the change in the mood of Camie and Hatchin, they looked way more serious since they came to Sabaody.

The details of this new place are astonishingly imaginative, and it only got better when the Tenryuubito thing appeared. The scene with the slave pirate was one of the crudest I remember in the show, and the reactions of the crew and specially Luffy (but also Hatchin) made the episode for me.

Seriously one of those episodes that I would use to show to anybody what is so special about this series.
Dec 19, 2012 3:24 AM

Nov 2012
jal90 said:
The scene with the slave pirate was one of the crudest I remember in the show

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.. I mean, a deteriotating collar? When that slave pirate was screaming for help as the ticking got faster, I felt this tension building up that I don't think I've ever felt before when watching this show.

And oh, Zoro's bad luck strikes again. xD
Jun 28, 2013 8:19 PM
Feb 2013
First corrupt marine officers, then idiots marine officers, now power loving good for nothing that claim a thousand year old title.
Dec 1, 2013 5:53 PM

May 2012
Naivette said:
neenalie said:

I have to agree :). The way Oda does worldbuilding is simply amazing. The aspects with slave trading/racism make the world seem more realistic.
Jan 17, 2014 11:54 PM
Jan 2014
Cue Luffy bringing out his inner Django please.
Jan 26, 2014 1:24 PM

Dec 2012
Well the whole Zoro-were-are-going-?-don't believe-in-you scene was super funny but the rest of the episode just left me furious!!! There haven't been other villains so far that I have wanted them tortured before killed!!!!!!!!
Jul 5, 2014 8:59 PM
Jun 2014
nothing has made me feel uncertain whether the straw hats will actually reach their next destination more than the events since the end of the enies lobby arc. ever since blackbeard fought ace and sogeking helped the strawhats virtually declare war on the world government, i've felt something big brewing, even through thriller bark. this episode just further stirs my hunch. Things like this are what make me love one piece so much
Sep 21, 2014 11:05 PM

Jan 2014
So the Tennryubito A-holes show up.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 22, 2014 3:14 PM

Oct 2013
On to the next 1

Jun 11, 2015 11:30 PM

Jun 2015
i wanna fucking break their fucking necks
Aug 28, 2015 9:19 AM
Sep 2014
Same old shit. New world, everything it's awesome, something bad happens, Luffy and the crew save the world.
Sep 2, 2015 3:02 PM
Jul 2018
Interesting stuff in this episode. My favorite part of the show is when they arrive somewhere new and you get to see how different and cool than the last place.
Also had some good build-up that's gonna lead to some fighting.
Mar 24, 2016 7:10 PM

May 2013
Zoro's too cute when he's lost xD look how confident he is about Grove #1 LMFAO
Jul 25, 2016 7:35 AM

Mar 2015
Nice first half and then shit got serious in the second half with the Dargonz
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 25, 2016 11:25 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
zoro as always unable to not get lost

Jan 17, 2019 12:49 AM

Jun 2016
Zoro is so cute holy crap. This getting lost scene was my favorite in the series, I was laughing so hard. The way he jumped off the ship to go for a walk without saying anything and got mad about Usopp and Sanji's panic, "even a kid could ask for directions", then moments later "okay grove #1!", he is such a dumbass sometimes. I wouldn't have it any other way!

These islands are amazingly beautiful and fun but they are contrasted by the awful events on them. Scams and tourist traps to catch those passing pirates are on the lighter side, but slave trading and kidnapping is the darker side of it. Don't be fooled by the beauty and mystique of this place! Nor the bubble bags or bubble cars or bubble buildings. This is one cruel place with a horrible power dynamic.

So we have four groups:
1. Camie, Hachi, Luffy, Chopper, Pappug, Brook
2. Nami & Robin
3. Franky, Usopp, Sanji
4. Zoro

I'm assuming Robin who picked up on the serious situation from Camie and Hachi's body language, Camie scared and Hachi carrying her as to protect her, isn't going to pick any fights and is going to be extra cautious. I have faith in them!

Franky and Sanji as well as Zoro however will beat some butt if those Celestial Dragons approach them wrong.

Luffy is being held back by Hachi and he understands the severity of the situation, one attack could get the city wiped out by a navy admiral on the level of Aokiji and an army. Yet, he really couldn't stomach how the celestial dragons were acting... Knowing Luffy he may even decide to pick a fight with them and commit to taking on the admiral.

The plot elements at play are very interesting right now and I'm curious how they will intertwine!

These celestial dragons are basically Spandam on a larger scale, snot nosed brats who have the blood of people in power in them, or in this case the most honored blood around. I can already see Luffy making the point that you are not defined by your ancestry or your position but by your actions and beating them down. That should be awesome. :)

P.S. Poor slave, those celestial dragons are really awful and even enslave kids. They referred to the slave as a mere human so I'm assuming they feel they are something more than that. Kinda reminds me of Eneru who thought he was a god but even then Luffy proved him wrong.
Jul 31, 2020 6:56 AM

May 2016
The Celestial Dragons made their official debut in this episode and they're a lot more despicable than I had expected. That bitch was just one of the many tyrants with a god-complex but she crossed the line and went off to the deep end like it was nothing by brutally shooting that slave of hers after everything he's been through. If only the consequences weren't so deadly, they would've been wiped out centuries ago...

The bounty hunters are probably gonna be trouble but it's unlikely considering that it's the Straw Hats they're up against.

Sep 14, 2020 4:19 AM

Dec 2007
things developing well and more groups going to be revealed.

the end was expected though.
May 26, 2021 3:00 AM

Jun 2019
It's really hard to contain Luffy in such a situation.
Aug 22, 2022 2:48 PM

Apr 2018
I actually almost believed for a sec there that Zoro would not get lost. LOL! Funny.

Dang, after the explosion-- you would think that guy would have his head blown off. LOL. Smh.
That Celestial Dragon girl better not be going up against Sanji xD...
I bet Luffy can take them all out right away but we won't be able to see it for now. Here we go again~
Jun 4, 2023 6:52 PM
Oct 2019
Yeahh Zoro sure it's #1 LMAO

Of course there is Slave in One Piece too.
Jul 29, 2023 5:02 PM
Jan 2021
achei q essa ilha seria algo bonitinho ou parecido com skypiea mas nossa ja xinguei uns 15 palavroes diferentes q odio
Aug 3, 2023 9:26 PM

Oct 2019
That turned dark real fast
Oct 23, 2023 11:52 PM

Mar 2017
Best episode in a while. I always enjoy the introduction to these new islands/worlds. Things got dark pretty quick though.. An emotional rollercoaster of an episode for sure.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 8, 2009

51 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion

phantom346 - Apr 14

10 by HilariousPerson »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 151 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 11, 2009

94 by kejora »»
5 hours ago

» One Piece Hindi Dubbed starting May 5th for Indian Audiences

PirateHasan - 5 hours ago

0 by PirateHasan »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 367 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Lofoc - Aug 24, 2008

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.