Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2014 7:54 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow! That was unexpected!!!

(Mouth drops to the floor...)

Nanami finally offered one good deed too many, and to the wrong person...

Tomoe will no doubt extract vengeance, but that isn't going to change what happened...
Jan 10, 2014 3:57 AM

Jun 2009
it was downright disturbing.... did she just get raped?! WTF?
I'm too shocked..
Poor Nanami.....
Jan 10, 2014 4:26 AM

Nov 2008
Well, she certainly got spiritually raped. Whether she was physically raped isn't clear but is certainly a possibility. Whatever the case, it is going to be very tough for Nanami to get over this.
Jan 10, 2014 10:17 AM

Jan 2014
It was really disturbing the last part of this chapter. I really dislike it.
Jan 10, 2014 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
The last part O_o
Tomoe arrived tooooo late!
Dislike it as well.
Jan 10, 2014 11:42 AM

Jan 2014
Now that mind is a bit clear, Perhaps I am wrong, but I hope that nothing really happened. IMO the scenes were they appear to be naked is only because is supposed to be their souls while she was exchanging part of her life. I am sure she was wearing all her clothes at the end of that traumatic scene. That doesn't make it less disturbing, but is a bit comforting.
Jan 10, 2014 4:55 PM

Nov 2008
It's pretty clear from the illos that Nanami's shirt got ripped off, but her shorts were still on afterwards. So it was not just "spiritual assault", but also sexual assault, minus penetration. (I can't see Kirihito/Akura-ou bothering to partially dress Nanami afterwards - he was too busy enjoying his snacks - so he likely didn't remove her shorts to have full intercourse and then put them back on her.)

The details likely don't matter - Tomoe isn't going to let this pass, even if Kirihito/Akuro-ou uses the "she offered/consented" excuse...

Regardless, Nanami is going to be in bad mental shape after this regardless of what Tomoe does, and it wouldn't surprise me if Nanami attempts to keep Tomoe from destroying Kirihito/Akuro-ou because of her concern for Ami.
Jan 10, 2014 9:11 PM

Dec 2008
Whoa! This was some chapter!! For a minute there I was sure Kirihito had raped Nanami, but it seems he just went wild after getting power drunk from her life force.

Tomoe is going to open up a serious can of whoop ass in the next chapter, I'm sure of it. Nanami is in really bad shape. All of the life was gone from her eyes after Kirihito drained her. I think Mikage may have to step in and save her.

I hope Kikuichi gets a chance to uphold his end of the deal before Tomoe kills him. And speaking of Kikuichi, he's beautiful without his mask.
Actually, I would love to see him leave Kirihito and become part of the family at Nanami's shrine.
Jan 11, 2014 4:03 PM

Nov 2011
What the fuck.

That was wow....
Anyways, I wasn't expecting this from the manga it always had a more innocence to it with Nanami. That was one hell of an energy transfer/drain.
Jan 12, 2014 12:03 PM

Oct 2013
This is the first time Kirihito/Akura-ou is meeting Tomoe in that body, yes?! Ooohho

Kirihito/Akura-ou is still one of my favourites even though all that shit just happened.
Jan 13, 2014 1:16 AM
Jul 2018
anyone notice that the demon obviously took his shirt off. for what reason?
well that got mentally scar on me rather the manga. This could take a few days to recover. also f*ck you Suzuki, Julietta for this mental disturbing chapter.
Jan 13, 2014 3:11 AM

Jan 2009
come oooon.... you re overreacting...
it was only him sucking her life energy, getting exited over it and nanami getting weaker.
i m sure you ve seen more "traumatizing" scenes on movies or the news
Jan 17, 2014 2:01 AM

Aug 2010
Damn! I like Kirihito but that was too much. I don't know how Nanami will act in front of Tomoe after this and if she'll tell him. Felt pretty disturbed with NTR

This is gonna be tense. Can't wait to see how Tomoe will react if he finds out.
Jan 21, 2014 2:55 AM

Apr 2013
on another note -just leaving behind all this drama whether nanami's blouse was ripped off or not - wasn't this a bit rushed? I mean, yes her friend is a whale/hostage of a crazy mermaid but she has been though so much more than just this.
if the danger was more ...grave
I guess it's to show her devotion to her friends (or to help the plot evolve)
it is interesting though
always waiting with anticipation the next one
Jan 23, 2014 7:18 AM

Sep 2012
Omg, wtf was that?!! This chapter really surprised me, and I can't wait to see how Tomoe will react.
I don't think she was raped, because she was still wearing her shorts, but I think it's clear that he took off her shirt. Well, it's still disturbing
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Jan 26, 2014 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
I guess this chapter was a bit overwhelming and disturbing. But you can't blame Akura-ou cause he's just meed up like that XD Poor Nanami - It feels even more worse when I think how Tomoe will feel when he finds out, he'd beat the crap outta that guy *^*
The end was a huge surprise. Can't wait to see how Tomoe will react!
Feb 4, 2014 12:07 AM

Feb 2014
Chapter 108 needs to come out ASAP!

Even thought it's bad for Nanami's sake I hope it was just spiritual assault. Poor Tomoe :( You were too late!
Feb 5, 2014 1:13 PM
Feb 2014
I personally loved this chapter because Akura-ou and Nanami finally know who the other is (and I'm guessing Tomoe will know soon enough) and I look forward to seeing the dynamic, although with the forced energy drain Nanami is going to be even MORE afraid of Akura-ou after this and with him being the way he is I doubt he's going to understand why - the yokai is just not built for empathy.

I agree with Hannah-Ana that Kirihito was just getting drunk off of her life force. I have to say that I don't believe she was raped either, in fact, it never entered my mind until I saw these posts. Tbh this is why I opened an account, to state my opinion on this chapter.

As far a why goes I believe it's because both of them had their bottoms on (although I did search her shadow for some sign of a bra, but I didn't see anything :/) and when he was laughing Kirihito was sitting on Nanami's chest, still wrapped in that blanket. I think he held her down to continue "kissing" her in order to suck out more of her life force. I can see where this element of the chapter would be disturbing to some but it was made clear in other chapters that Akura-ou did terrible things to the yokai prostitutes, things worse than this.

My guess is since the mangaka was making Kirihito seem a bit softer lately (sparing his "mother", not wanting Nanami to cry/not stopping her when she escaped) I guess she wanted to show that this guy is deep down the same monster he's always been. It also teaches Nanami about being too naive (like when she went without question to the mermaid's lair with the imp, and when she got her soul sucked out and had to be saved after the fact) there are bad people/demons out there and while it's good to be nice to others you have to have your guard up. ESPECIALLY when the people you are visiting alone have previously kidnapped you, told you they wanted to kill you, caused mayhem at the tengu mountain and other things I'm sure I'm leaving out.

I'm also eagerly awaiting chapter 108.
lollipop282Feb 5, 2014 5:13 PM
Feb 18, 2014 1:10 PM
Dec 2012
This chapter is kinda disturbing. I mean of Tomoe finds out what happen, will it effect Tomoe and Nanami's relationship? It's not like she in love with Kirihito or anything right? She only has feeling's for Tomoe.
Jun 20, 2016 10:21 PM
Jun 2016
Never :D He loves her and will accept her no matter happens but he'll be upset that she has hid the information from him....He'll avenge her no what :D Spoilers can't be told :)
May 28, 2017 8:49 AM
May 2017
Every one thought they actually had sexual intercourse, I dont think so. Their bodies just touched like kissing does to get more life energy.
Oct 16, 2017 4:19 AM
Oct 2017
I just opened this account to put my opinion on this matter because this by far is my favorite manga. Anyways, getting to the point, NO I do not think that nanami was raped and or sexually assaulted. Kirihito has tried to kiss nanami a few times in the past chapters, when they first met and in Okinawa he actually kissed her but none of these two we driven by lust, these actions were solely done for the purpose of driving some life energy out of her. Same goes for this chapter though here things got a bit overboard. He kissed her to get life energy and when he felt the energy flowing out from nanami to him he got over excited and as his underlying nature he got selfish and greedy and didn't care about the other which in this case is nanami, he pushed her down to kiss her in his excitement (again not for the sake of lust). Her top got ripped, but he didn't touch her breasts as it's not shown in any of the scenes. And he also said, " more, more I need more energy" this again justifies that he did whatever he did just for the life energy, he was already on top of her when he pushed her down, and he was dressed while on top of her, he was shirtless only when was having those snacks. If he was the Akura ou from 500 years ago he would've sucked her dry till she was dead, but he didn't. Even though when asked by yatori he said that he might use her again in future but we don't expect him to just admit that he wanted her to live. He also dressed her again, which you would see in the next chapter when tomoe reaches her, she is fully dressed. That indicates that kirihito dressed her back. And with his encounter with tomoe he told him that he took almost all of his master's life energy and that she helplessly called for tomoe, he didn't mention anything about assaulting her, which if he would've done then he would have boasted about it in front of tomoe to hurt him, but he didn't mention anything like that. And I think kirihito cares for nanami because of his character the mangaka didn't show his care for nanami clearly or how usual characters show because akura ou in this manga is a very different yet really significant character but there are a lot of incidents where it's shown differently but clearly that he cares for her even when he gets all helpless in the later yomi no koni arc he thinks about nanami. He is deeply interested in her. But again we cannot change who he is but in his own way he does care about her that's why he kept her alive although he could have prolonged his human body's life a lot if he would've sucked her dry of her energy.

Well I hope this reeaaallly detailed comment helped you in clearing things up.
Feb 12, 2019 3:01 AM
Feb 2019
I was all for it 😂 I ship nanami an kirihito
Sep 18, 2019 2:03 PM
Aug 2018
Nanami is too naive and doesn't learn.

Disturbing how readily she kissed Kirihito. She knows what his intentions are, how dangerous what she does is, yet she still does it. And then cries for Tomoe.

And it didn't look like he actually raped her. She still has her clothes on. Tomoe was closer to raping Nanami than Kirihito is in this chapter.

Not sure why Kirihito sat on her chest after kissing her, though. I wish the mangaka wouldn't draw such ambiguous stuff.
Feb 2, 2020 10:13 PM
Jan 2020
I felt bad for tomoe and nanami .but she is just way too naive. she does not think about consequences of her actions. If tomoe did this with some other girl how will she feel huh?? Then he will say "sorry I wanted to save her". will that make everything ok...you know what I've read whole manga,what I really feel is that tomoe has suffered way too much... compared to him she has suffered nothing. I was hoping some girl should try to make a serious move(like kissing)on tomoe so,that nanami will understand how tomoe felt when she did the same thing but author is jackass .There were many times were I wondered whether she likes tomoe or not?? Because her actions were just way too confusing..for example once she told mizuki that he is dearest to her...then what the hell is tomoe to her??
This story is not completely bias because tomoe has suffered way too much but compared to him she has not. That's why this story is just a below average story where MC is just way too naive (so naive that she got nearly raped to save someone),tomoe is unexpectedly way too much forgiving ,MC gets way too many guys infatuated over her but tomoe gets only one....
I wish that I never would've read this load of craps...there are far more better shoujo romantic manga than this...for example love complex ..it was perfect but this story is just way too one sided.one side is doing whatever she wants and other side just keep suffering...
Dec 28, 2020 11:12 AM

Aug 2020
A lot of people are calling this rape and I honestly can't tell. Nanami told Kirihito's follower dude that she would do anything and she knew what that meant so she willingly kissed him. The part that's fuzzy to me is towards the end she was disinfested but I was sure he stopped almost immediately? Also were they naked? Or was that just the art style? I'm so confused by this chapter.

Jun 24, 2022 7:45 AM
Jul 2020
Ok, imma put my 2 cents here.

Upon reading this thread we can all agree (for the most part) that Akura Oh did NOT rape Nanami, and that he only went overboard draining her energy. Spiritually raped? I’m unsure because she was well aware that he was going to drain her life force one way or another, even if it meant death. If you want to go further into this rabbit hole, would this even be considered ‘rape’? Without sexual assault? (Im honestly just over analyzing here-there is still no excuse to take advantage of anybody regardless of rape) (also, Tomoe literally tried to rape Nanami 500 years ago. Could this even be comparable?) Of course, upon reading this series one of Nanami’s character traits is that she tries to find goodness in humans and Yokai, so she doesn’t hesitate to save anybody. She wants to be a savior. And yeah, she definitely relies on Tomoe for every little thing so it almost seems hypocritical too; magically assuming he’ll save her from every situation. This is not a surprising character trait for a 16 year old girl, and she does appear vulnerable.

What I loved about this chapter is that the artwork actually scared us. The artwork is supposed to scare the reader, especially when we all assumed she was raped. Honestly? I love when artists surprise you in a way you’d never expect. This kind of series may seem like a “feel good” manga, but tbh I love it when stories go on a darker route and takes chances to make a story more interesting. I think Julietta Suzuki suceeded here. She clearly wanted to spice things up with her artwork. The scene alone was incredibly tame to how it could’ve been, so in this case she was being considerate with the outcome of this chapter (considering the demographic of people reading this series). And of course, reading the series further indicates that Nanami was not raped. This is not necessarily a spoiler, but just ensuring one can be comfortable enough to continue on with the series.

With that said, this was a very intriguing chapter and I can’t wait for shit to go down between Tomoe and Akura Oh.
azenobioAug 30, 2022 11:05 AM
Sep 3, 2022 1:43 PM

Aug 2022
Why exactly did she have to kiss Kirihito to pass him her life energy, I don't know... but I sure didn't like it >.>
I hope she gets a scold from Tomoe for doing that <.<

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita Chapter 113 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

9 by DebiPS »»
Feb 3, 2023 1:34 PM

» Last Chapter

BlueSquaddy - Oct 16, 2022

1 by BlueSquaddy »»
Oct 16, 2022 9:16 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita Chapter 12 Discussion

FireHeart - Jan 16, 2016

3 by omgduckymomo »»
Sep 14, 2022 5:28 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita Chapter 149 Discussion

Senpaiisanidjit - May 20, 2016

34 by _Shara_ »»
Sep 8, 2022 8:34 AM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita Chapter 148 Discussion

_Shara_ - Sep 8, 2022

0 by _Shara_ »»
Sep 8, 2022 8:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.