Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 5, 2014 7:11 PM

Sep 2013
Benio is going to be my favorite character.....I can tell already lolol. XD

even though, it was okay I guess. I had a few laughs. This series has some potential, but I guess I'm going to continue watching for at least three more episodes to see if it really is worth it.

Feb 5, 2014 8:21 PM

Jun 2012
Damn, I'm glad I decided to pick this up... I wanted to watch it just because of how cute Mashiro is (plus her hair is cool to me for some reason), and she's a hundred times how cute I thought she would be. I guess that means I'd be Benio here.

Actually though Hakuya's apathetic attitude reminds me a lot more of myself, especially with his deep voice, which kinda caught me by surprise.

Anyway, loving all the characters so far... I'm definitely pleased with this first episode.
Feb 6, 2014 8:15 AM

May 2013
oh my god!!! that ending i just gave it a 10 godly!!!!!11!!!
Feb 13, 2014 7:32 AM
Nov 2009
This wasn't bad and I liked the fan-service pictures and all but this first episode didn't make me interested at all to the series.
Feb 20, 2014 9:28 AM

Aug 2013
Well, it was a cute first episode. Nothing original but I don't think it's what it was aiming for.

It really look like a classical romance. A boy that know a girl and they slowly get closer and fall in love.

The flashback from the beginning is obviously related to the two of them. It may also be a flashback from that accident she was talking about?

That cute loli was hilarious. I can already smell a yuri relationship between her and Benio xD

Kobeni seemed jalous of Benio, I guess it will come back later in the future.

I like the ED, it's energic. Make me want to watch more, though, I'm not that excited into the show. I guess it will be a good cute romance.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 9, 2014 6:17 PM
Jul 2013
The Male MC looks like Persona 3 MC. hahah
Mar 14, 2014 8:26 AM

Aug 2012
7ODD said:
My expectations weren't very high, but this show is amazing...

Indeed. I just try it "out of a blue" and did not expect it it be so enjoyable "plus" there is Loli <3 and that ED song <3
Mar 22, 2014 11:34 PM

Mar 2012
maybe I didn't scan the posts thoroughly enough, but am I the only one that caught this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QeRlLZNIUI
http://i.imgur.com/J2d7Sj9.png
キ チ リ * カ チ リ
Apr 1, 2014 9:11 AM

Jul 2013
Classiick said:
Cute show.

Kobeni reminds me a lot of Akarin from Yuru Yuri.

+1

I'm late, but I'm glad that I've picked this!!!!!
Apr 6, 2014 12:56 AM

May 2013
The ending song is so catchy xD. Mashiro tan is so cute >.<. hakuya is quite weird he rarely talks. Lol benio is a lolicon
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 7, 2014 1:44 PM

May 2012
Dat loli <3 Pretty interesting start and concept together with some cute and interesting characters so well let's see what the story will offer us!

Nice ED as well!
Apr 21, 2014 8:31 AM

Aug 2013
AHHHHH it's too cute !!!!
I got 75 screenshots from just the first episode.. hahahah.
All hail Mashiro.. and Hakuya's voice is manly LOL.
Benio is insane... god she's the girl. Too much even for me.. that obsession wakaka.
This is going to be a great series. <3
May 28, 2014 10:14 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That Mashiro lol

Nice start

Jun 12, 2014 3:47 PM

Jan 2013
Cute and kawaii ^_^... oh wait these words mean the same... ^_^

Took 15 screenshots >.<, my screenshot folder is getting ridiculous.
Jun 16, 2014 11:14 PM
May 2012
Ho, so 16 years old is really the legal age in Japan, huh. I think that's impressive!!
Kobeni, her sister and her mother are all pretty cute *^*, but Kobeni is <3
The MC is interesting, but I think he should show more emotions??
Proud loli?!?! It's.....awesome, and cute :3
I was really expecting myself to enjoy this Anime, and guess what??? I am really enjoying it!!
Aug 7, 2014 11:53 AM

Jan 2012
seems like a decent show

dat mashiro's voice though... it's piercing through my very soul...

don't know if i want to risk going half deaf by the end of this show though...
Oct 20, 2014 12:44 AM

Sep 2014
What a cute EP.. I haven't seen anything funny yet but maybe I'll find it in the rest of the EP's..
The two siblings' voice sure is different from each other (low pitch and high pitch)..

Would be interesting to see how the their arranged marriage will progress and I'm looking forward to this anime..
Nov 19, 2014 2:54 AM

Feb 2013
Well....I'm enjoying it so far.
Dec 28, 2014 4:13 AM

Jun 2013
Really good first episode

Kind of reminded me of Ranma 1/2 where both Akane and Ranma's father decide for themselves regarding the fiance thing..

Feels like watching a vintage anime with modern animation.
Mar 14, 2015 10:55 AM

Dec 2013
Pretty bad start. Characters - which are the most important thing in such shows - are bland and boring. The 'plot' is meh as well. The loli's voice is fucking annoying.
Jun 28, 2015 1:07 PM

Mar 2012
Not what I expected to be honest. I expected more jokes and silliness, but this was the first episode and mostly just set up. Hope it improves

The loli and the girl with the long blonde hair are ♥ ♥ ♥
Oct 22, 2015 12:39 PM

May 2015
I think it’s kind of cute how Kobeni’s sister raised her into the ideal little sister and she calls her mother Okaasama and her sister Neesama.

Also, “There’s a loli here. A loli! What should we do, Kobeni? It’s a loli!” And then “It’s a proud loli, Kobeni!” “Kobeni’s the most important thing in the world to me, but I also happen to love lolis.” Oh my god that cracked me up. Also “Domestic violence already?” “Red mean stop and green means go.” This anime is really funny. Especially any interaction between Benio and Mashiro.

The only things I'm going to have to say I didn't like were how easily flustered Kobeni is and the fact that Mashiro is in high school. I get that their family must have a lot of influence, but I feel like it would be better for the plot if she went to elementary school.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Dec 22, 2015 1:08 AM

Feb 2013
I haven't been watching much anime lately. I've been playing so many games! Now that I;m done with most games that I have I can focus much more time on anime.

So far I really like it. Mashiro is so damn cute! I do wonder how she was able to get into the school and none questions her. That is a good question. There seems to be a theme of aliens or something. I hope something comes out of that. I'm gonna enjoy this.
Jan 10, 2016 9:44 AM

Jan 2012
this dude is smooth the op is nice.

Feb 22, 2016 10:12 AM

Aug 2014
Kobeni is 100% waifu material, she just doesn't know it yet :p

And people weren't lying, that OP is great!
Mar 29, 2016 4:51 PM

Feb 2015
Cute, characters seem fun. Looks to be a nice Slice of Life.
May 13, 2016 7:01 AM

Jun 2013
It was kind of fun. However, I'm struggling to swallow the arranged marriage. Not because it's an arranged marriage, although I'm not a fan of concept. No, the reason why I'm not buying the premise is that Kobeni has zero incentive to agree to the deal. For example, had there been a provision in the grandfather's will that says Kobeni can only access her share of the inheritance if she marries Hakuya, it would be alright with me. This way the writers provide no justification in-universe, and parents don't either besides "because we say so". And since Kobeni is the protagonist (she narrates the episode), I'm having a hard time accepting this, since as the viewer I'm compelled to be biased towards her best interests. It breaks my immersion and I can't take the show seriously.

It's okay if you all don't agree and I'm sorry for ranting here, but I still wanted to get this out there.
Sep 14, 2016 11:50 PM

May 2014
Oh yes. Oh hell yes. This is my kind of anime.
Nov 4, 2016 5:11 AM
Feb 2015
this anime seems promising
Nov 27, 2016 8:24 AM

Mar 2015
Kobeni is cute and attractive and my favorite MC.

3.4/5
Dec 3, 2016 3:51 AM

Mar 2013
It was cute. I think I'll like it. It was much better than Oreshura
Dec 13, 2016 12:50 AM

Mar 2016
Normally i dont like sol but this seems ok Mashiro is so cute i love proud lolis and the sis seems like a interesting charcter
Feb 18, 2017 7:43 PM

Jun 2008
Has anyone ever took screenshots of all the song intro fanservice pics?
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

May 6, 2017 11:46 PM

Sep 2011
Oh man this gonna be fun!
Jun 26, 2017 10:44 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty good episode, those fanservice shots in the OP surprised me ^^
MC seems likable enough, her fiance a bit bland so far, even if that is his whole purpose. Loli is a mix between annoying and funny. Onee-san is pretty cool :3
Nov 9, 2018 3:00 AM
Jan 2017
intersting enough
Mar 8, 2019 8:31 AM

May 2016
Well not bad I guess, I could have dropped it if I had not read the spoiler of Hakuya and Mashiro, if you didn't liked it enough and was about to drop it I recommend reading that spoiler. 3/5
May 5, 2019 4:47 AM

Aug 2018
She looks more like an adult than a 16 years old.. Well, then again.. Probably some time already passed, so it's all good.. ;p
I'm not feeling too great about this arrenged marriage thing..
Oh, so she at least can think about it?.. She has a choice?.. If yes, then good god..
This loli seems to be kinda smart or something.. And her brother is strange as well.. Watch out for them..
Losing memories after some event bomb.. Man, this girl truly has it hard, doesn't she?..
I hope, though, that Kobeni won't only agree with the marriage idea out of pity for the guy..
He's not really talkative, is he.. Being ready for marriage isn't enough, you know.. If you do nothing then.. And also it's not enough to be just "well-wishing", or whatever.. I'm not really liking too much this guy for now..
This grandfather needs his brain to be washed or something.. Making such decisions as arranged marriage.. Without even talking at least to Kobeni as it seems..
So the older sister is proper at school.. Got it.. ;p
Hm.. And Kobeni is being compared to Benio, hm.. Kobeni really has it hard in some things, isn't she?..
So he has brain to say that Kobeni is Kobeni?.. What?.. He is confusing, really..
If anything, really they should talk out this marriage thing, and then just be themselves, but without talking this thing out, it's just all really awkward.. I can't imagine, how you can just accept this marriage situation in Kobeni's case, unless you are really submissive or masochistic..
But well again.. Kobeni is living in family where some old man occasionally made people do stuff.. And also, which is really important, she had to get used to her really strange older sister.. So she might as well just bent to new circumstances.. It all doesn't look too great.. But then again.. If she's used to benting all her life, maybe it's not that bad?.. I mean, from my perspective, it looks really awful.. But maybe she feels about this thing really differently, maybe it's part of her life which is normal, or I don't know.. It might as well be giving up with her older sister.. But in this case with man.. Maybe she really should strongly say "no, not now", or something like this.. To say that she needs to get to know him first, and then decide on things.. Because how it's going now.. It's not really looking good.. It feels like she's giving up again as she's used in her life.. Yeah, she might accept it, but what later in her life?.. Will she be happy like this?.. Well, who knows.. Again, her perspective, is her perspective, it might differ..
Great first episode.. But show can go really different places.. It can easily go greatly, it can easily go to shit.. The hardest, probably, is that I'm not sure, what I should expect.. If this is a story about girl growing to boy, it still looks wrong, as it's handled.. If only this will be the case.. But maybe it should be taken as a comedy, and nothing more, but kinda hard to ignore such a serious point of arranged marriage.. Anyway.. This show puts a lot of expectations on itself, I'd say.. Maybe I shouldn't expect anything, though..
Jul 25, 2019 9:32 AM

Feb 2014
Seems decent overall
Jul 29, 2019 4:45 PM

Jun 2011
This anime story is so weird and stupid. What's the point of having this guy randomly engaged to Kobeni?

And Benio is such a pervert and to think she lives in the same household???

Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Jan 8, 2020 3:06 PM
Apr 2016
Very dull characters and seems quite cliche, still seems like a somewhat fun show to watch.
Feb 17, 2021 8:47 AM

Jan 2020
So.... Two complete strangers are now going to live in the Yonomori household, and no one except Kobeni seems to have an issue with it? What!?

Despite the contrived premise though, this first episode is really, really good. Kobeni so far kinda seems like an average girl, but she's very likeable! And Mashiro is easily one of the best imouto I have ever seen in anime. Benio can be slightly irritating at times, though.

Also, spoiler alert.

Anyhow, this show seems sorta cliche so far, but I think I'll be enjoying it a lot.
IrrelevantGuyFeb 17, 2021 8:57 AM
Mar 25, 2021 4:12 PM

Jul 2016
Mashiro's cuteness made the episode quite enjoyable.

Entertaining start overall. Only hope they tone down Benio's semi-pedo tendencies tho.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

114 by Forum »»
Mar 11, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

240 by zyrian2 »»
Nov 1, 2023 4:26 AM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2014

124 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Apr 20, 2023 1:13 AM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2014

129 by is_my_no_name »»
Apr 11, 2023 10:58 PM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2014

162 by is_my_no_name »»
Apr 11, 2023 10:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.